AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does MV accept Visa gift cards?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it says Visa on the card I see no reason why it shouldn't work. They accept all major credit cards. Gift Visa's aren't handled any differently than a Credit, or Pre-Paid Visa.

The only difference is a gift card can be run through like a debit card or a credit card. If you run it as a debit you need to get a pin number to use with it then.

http://www.giftcards.com/gcgf/visa-giftcard-vs-credit

Screenshot - 6_29_2016 , 3_08_02 AM.png

Unfortunately, there are some things that will decline your gift card even if does have the Visa logo.

I remember that the one or two times I tried to rent a movie at Redbox with a Visa gift card, it was declined. Probably because a gift card is not a permanent Visa card like the ATM/Debit card you have connected to your bank. Also Redbox asks you for your name, zip code, and e-mail address when you make a purchase, so there's that. They want the buyer to swipe their usual, "permanent" card...not a gift card that's gonna be thrown in the trash within a week. My Freedom ATM/Debit card (which is linked to my checking account) is what I have to use when I want to get a Redbox rental.

Same thing with some of these online game purchases. It's frustrating. My son would try to use a Visa gift card (which he got as a birthday gift or a Christmas gift) to make a purchase within some online game, and it would be declined. So I'd end up having to put in my Freedom card info after he gives me $10 or $20 cash of his money to pay me for it.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Unfortunately, there are some things that will decline your gift card even if does have the Visa logo.

I remember that the one or two times I tried to rent a movie at Redbox with a Visa gift card, it was declined. Probably because a gift card is not a permanent Visa card like the ATM/Debit card you have connected to your bank. Also Redbox asks you for your name, zip code, and e-mail address when you make a purchase, so there's that. They want the buyer to swipe their usual, "permanent" card...not a gift card that's gonna be thrown in the trash within a week. My Freedom ATM/Debit card (which is linked to my checking account) is what I have to use when I want to get a Redbox rental.

Same thing with some of these online game purchases. My son would try to use a Visa gift card (which was a birthday gift or a Christmas gift) to make a purchase within some online game, and it would be declined. So I'd end up having to put my Freedom card info in after he gives me $10 or $20 cash of his money to pay me for it.
Some adult websites don't allow gift cards because age verification can't be retrieved from them. I know that Streamate has that policy.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Some adult websites don't allow gift cards because age verification can't be retrieved from them. I know that Streamate has that policy.

I tried to use a Payoneer debit card to buy tokens on Chaturbate some years ago, and it was declined. I called CB, and the lady told me that CB does not accept Payoneer cards as payment. I was disappointed because, back then, I used a Payoneer card for damn near everything, and I know that a lot of cam girls at that time owned a Payoneer card.

Status
Not open for further replies.