AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Eastern Euro/Russian girls pretending to be in USA. Are the foreign studio people just dumb or what?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's those models from "Unknown Region" that always intrigue me - so mysterious, so elusive. Continents, borders, bureaucracy mean nothing to them. :cool:

I heard @SaffronBurke is from another planet entirely.

You mean she is an alien because she is out of this world? Wait a minute, are you trying to make cheesy pickup lines? :D

I'm originally from Risa, but have since moved to Pluto. :angelic:

It seems as if the managers/companies? that run these rooms are just idiots. As a regular dude in the USA who has watched cam girls (primarily on Chaturbate) for about 5 years now, I am floored by the generic / boring and stupid way these rooms are run. FYI I ONLY view rooms in North America, what prompted this post is that I see dozens of these rooms when I scroll through pages checking out models.

What's immediately obvious to me that the room is a studio:
-loud odd-sounding music playing (apparently to keep the audience busy because there won't be much communication otherwise)
-nary a lick of ENGLISH spoken (usually)
-VERY obvious fake bedrooms made to LOOK like a real girls room, non-western strange looking furniture / wallpaper / trinkets, room is usually polished-doesn't look like a real person lives there
-horrible grammar in the profile

Now the thing is, these rooms are generally found in the depths of Chaturbate, page 3, 4, 5, etc.

I am annoyed that they "pretend" to be in the USA in an obvious transparant desire to get more viewers / tips. I've stuck around in these rooms quite a few times, tried to communicate/tip

Why do you think they are idiots if they are accomplishing their objective? "FYI I ONLY view rooms in North America" "I've stuck around in these rooms quite a few times, tried to communicate/tip" Mission accomplished!

If they actually put Russia there they would get much less traffic.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I mean... I hate to be the objector to the majority here but... I can see how someone might be peeved to enter a room where the model says she's from the USA then realize she doesn't understand English.

#justsayin

Plenty of people in the USA don't understand English.

Lets be frank: in this day and age, it seems like less and less understand or write/speak English.. with all this text and social media speak!
I am a native English speaker and a lot of times (from Americans and British) I can barely understand what guys are typing and have to re-read it 10 times and sometimes STILL don't know wtf is going on lol

I mean... I hate to be the objector to the majority here but... I can see how someone might be peeved to enter a room where the model says she's from the USA then realize she doesn't understand English.

#justsayin

Agreed.

I really doubt that the vast majority who are annoyed by models falsely claiming to be from the USA are pissed off by the mere fact that they are not American. Not everyone has time to spend every day or week on cam sites. If someone doesn't have the time to browse a countless number of models and they're looking for a show that either requires a lot of verbal communication, or if that's their preference, it would be really annoying for them to still encounter a lot of models who don't speak the language, especially when the whole reason why they are filtering by country is for the sake of finding someone they can communicate with. It would be even more annoying when it takes up whatever spare amount of time you set aside for it only to end up not having time for what you were there for in the first place.

On every camsite, there are non-American models who don't list themselves in the USA, and plenty do fantastically well. This isn't about xenophobia, it's merely about the model and member being able to communicate with each other effectively. If someone doesn't need a whole lot of communication in their shows, they are not going to be the type who bothers to filter by IP or location, they just want to wank to a pretty model regardless of where she's from.

IMHO the models who can't speak the language of where they say they are from are usually doing themselves a disservice. If someone in the USA does not understand English, would it not be bad marketing to list themselves there? Wouldn't they do better to list themselves in a country where their language is prominently spoken for the sake of having better paying traffic/higher chance of communication?

For a very short time I'd had a VPN that sometimes wound up being in France. I quickly stopped using that one because I was getting too many people from countries where French is the primary language, and while I know some of the language, it's not enough to effectually communicate. It wound up hurting my income, not being able to communicate. I'm sure it was also confusing and annoying for them if they were searching by country and coming up with models who aren't able to talk to them.

That said, I think more sites should just have the option of being able to filter by language rather than by location. That would solve a lot of the headaches any of this causes.

#justsayin

Normally I will spend some time in the public show first and listen to them speak, which is the easiest way to avoid that problem. But many performers from eastern europe (masked as a US location) will not say a word on cam and type using a translator, so it's really hard to estimate where their English level is at. I've been burned a few times trying to explain a request in a private show, then resorting to google translate, and eventually cutting my losses of a few hundred tokens and leaving early.

And let me give a disclaimer: Anyone who has taken it upon themselves to learn more than one language should be applauded, no matter what level they are at. But when you are offering a service which heavily relies on communication, you have to be up front about your language ability.

Why would you be "pissed" because someone doesn't speak English? Other languages exist and you shouldn't be "pissed" someone doesn't speak English. Just move on to a room where someone does.

Being "pissed" you stumbled across a model that doesn't speak English is absolutely ridiculous. Your language isn't the only language.

I mean if the model pretend being from USA and speak a very bad english.
Of course I wont be angry if a model from Philippine doesnt speak english.

20190406_034451.gif

And this will forever be known as the post that made Embers old ass figure out how to make a GIF.

Imagine if someone that came into my cam room that didn't speak perfect French was "pissed" that I as a Canadian didn't speak French.

(Disclaimer, I don't actually care how strong a person can speak whatever language since I only know one and a handful of words/phrases in French and Mi'kmaw and have several intelligent people in my life that struggle with English. It's just that in this particular instance there's some clear throwing stones from a glass house going on.)

The United States does not have an official language. One in five people speaks a language other than English at home. Canada, where I'm from, has two official languages, and some official recognition for others. Depending where I go in Arizona, I hear more Spanish than English. In Toronto, you'll hear a dozen languages just walking around the block. I appreciate that Streamate has a separate category for language, I wish other sites were the same. Searching for a location when you're looking for a language isn't the most efficient way of doing things, and it kind of tweaked something in me to read that people are irritated to find people who don't speak English when they search for USA, but that's the best you can do on those sites, I suppose. I guess I've known a lot of people who didn't speak English as a first language or primarily speak English. I wonder if models on Streamate who don't speak English well also change their language setting to show that they do, though. I can't see anywhere to change this setting on Streamate, so it's not something that can be tweaked freely, at least ("display country" is freely editable.) I can understand wanting to communicate easily, because I've been on the other end of this one plenty of times:

I've been burned a few times trying to explain a request in a private show, then resorting to google translate, and eventually cutting my losses of a few hundred tokens and leaving early.

Explain your request before you go private. Solves all sorts of problems.

IMHO the models who can't speak the language of where they say they are from are usually doing themselves a disservice. If someone in the USA does not understand English, would it not be bad marketing to list themselves there? Wouldn't they do better to list themselves in a country where their language is prominently spoken for the sake of having better paying traffic/higher chance of communication?

No because majority of the tier 1 traffic speaks english, followed by german then french I believe. If you speak spanish or russian and you try to target that audience then statistically speaking you are far less likely to be successful.

Reactions: AudriTwo

I worked retail for 5 years, and as long as a customer could read numbers, that's all we needed for the transaction to happen.

In most of the misleading profiles I've seen on CB, the models don't say they speak English even when they claim they're in the U.S. so at least that's a hint that dirty talk with her might be a lot of "I like, bb! I like!" and "Delicious!"

I mean if the model pretend being from USA and speak a very bad english.
Of course I wont be angry if a model from Philippine doesnt speak english.

Probably because I live somewhere in the US where English isn't the main language, I don't get why this matters. I speak with people all the time who barely understand, I don't ever get pissed. There are some heavy southern accents it takes me a hard time to understand. I just go on with my day. Learning a second language is hella hard and not everyone has the resources or the availability to do so. If trying to converse with someone with a language barrier makes you uncomfortable, that's ffine. Luckily with camsites there are usually an abundance of people, so moving on to the next shouldn't be that hard.

Also the Philippines is the 3rd largest English speaking country. Majority of Filipinos should know English since it is a required subject in school. This was an awful example.

I just wish I could see model's faces when they have asked a customer/client if they are English and they say yes.. they proceed to go to a private and do Cam2Cam with sound and ..... English IS their native language but they are Scottish or Irish with a VERY heavy/thick accent... I bet that is a priceless moment because I struggle to understand them when they are very thick too -and don't even get me started on when they are drunk. or slightly tipsy.

Growing up, I had a friend who had to always translate for me and other mates when we would be with his parents as his dad had a VERY thick Irish accent.. So we'd always just look immediately at our mate to get help and he knew haha. It was horrible at the time but obviously looking back now it's funny.

There are a lot of people wanting to be technically correct and dismissing the argument. Yes, there are people in the US that do not speak English. This isn't about people in the US it's about members and site searching criteria. There are very few sites that make the distinction between spoken and written language. EVERY model put English on their profiles regardless of if they know the language or not. It's the same as it's largely common for models to list themselves a 'bi' for the same reason. So since you can't count on 'English' as a valid search criteria on most sites the easiest way to find models that might use verbal English is often setting your region to the US. Yes virtually all Romanian models can speak English as well, but I'm going to take this from the perspective of a new member or far more casual one that doesn't want to know the world just wants to be entertained for a few minutes by someone with spoken English.

I think there's a line between fantasy and deception. I think there's a difference between faking a lush that might be having connection issues and changing yourself to a region you might have no cultural knowledge of and not understanding the language on top of that. I think members lose trust faster from the petty lies that are easy to see through and those things that hinder them being returning members. I don't think models that complicate the search systems listing themselves in any or all groups or category they do not have any relationship with is health for sites at all.

Reactions: Hybrid
I just wish I could see model's faces when they have asked a customer/client if they are English and they say yes.. they proceed to go to a private and do Cam2Cam with sound and ..... English IS their native language but they are Scottish or Irish with a VERY heavy/thick accent... I bet that is a priceless moment because I struggle to understand them when they are very thick too -and don't even get me started on when they are drunk. or slightly tipsy.

Growing up, I had a friend who had to always translate for me and other mates when we would be with his parents as his dad had a VERY thick Irish accent.. So we'd always just look immediately at our mate to get help and he knew haha. It was horrible at the time but obviously looking back now it's funny.

Lord, that Scottish accent. I listen to a lot of Celtic music, and I can usually understand the Irish singers, but with Scots.... I gotta look up the lyrics because all I know after listening is..... "This song is very pretty" :haha:

Lord, that Scottish accent. I listen to a lot of Celtic music, and I can usually understand the Irish singers, but with Scots.... I gotta look up the lyrics because all I know after listening is..... "This song is very pretty" :haha:

Hanging around with a bunch of drunk Scottish people for a few years helped to pick up on the accent. Kind of... ;)

Of course, it all depends on if they're from the Highlands or the Lowlands. Most of the Highlands I knew had very thick accents and were the most difficult to understand.

And, just because...

Status
Not open for further replies.