AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Economics of privates: Am I acting entitled?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2016
This one is short and sweet. Model multicams on a few sites. On one site, her pvt rate is roughly $2.30. Vs say somewhere else for $6 a minute. And at times there's another site she's taken a group chat for 15 tokens a minute for one guy to just strip, dance a little and talk.

Now, I'm not a cheap guy. My money is good no matter where I spend it and I do make a decent contribution, but is it cheap to want more bang for my buck? I mean, why do these new guys seemingly get a better deal vs myself who has been around for some time. Especially since mostly in our pvts we just talk.

I don't get really any special perks for my continued contribution on a higher ppm site and I'm sure likely they all have the same messaging privileges and snapchat as I do.

Do I suck it up and delude myself that I'm more appreciated? I mean, yeah, I'm sure she would rather get paid more for minute. But in the end, she takes her cut no matter where I spend.

Not sure what to do, it's been kinda itching at me lately.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
See her on the site where she is $2.30. $6/minute sounds like MFC, she can't change that (same with group, which is supposed to be 3 members but if two leave the group stays up til she closes it or the last member leaves. She is being scammed in that case, IMO).

See her on the site where she is $2.30. $6/minute sounds like MFC, she can't change that (same with group, which is supposed to be 3 members but if two leave the group stays up til she closes it or the last member leaves. She is being scammed in that case, IMO).

Interesting logic, the model can close the group at any time, but if she continues she is being scammed.....

:)

Reactions: AlyssaYoung and Gen
This one is short and sweet. Model multicams on a few sites. On one site, her pvt rate is roughly $2.30. Vs say somewhere else for $6 a minute. And at times there's another site she's taken a group chat for 15 tokens a minute for one guy to just strip, dance a little and talk.

Now, I'm not a cheap guy. My money is good no matter where I spend it and I do make a decent contribution, but is it cheap to want more bang for my buck? I mean, why do these new guys seemingly get a better deal vs myself who has been around for some time. Especially since mostly in our pvts we just talk.

I don't get really any special perks for my continued contribution on a higher ppm site and I'm sure likely they all have the same messaging privileges and snapchat as I do.

Do I suck it up and delude myself that I'm more appreciated? I mean, yeah, I'm sure she would rather get paid more for minute. But in the end, she takes her cut no matter where I spend.

What is the specific resolution you want? You want to be notified about the 15 token group chats? You want to take her private at $2.30?

I cannot afford a lot of private time with models. If I tip a model a lot, and if she and I have good conversations in private messages, I am not shy about telling her that I would join into her privates if she lowered her "spy" rate (using the CB terminology) down to X tokens per minute. Some will never change rates, and others are glad to do that for you.

But another way to possibly deal with this is to offer to help her learn CrazyTicket on CB and help her to manage those shows. Your price for that would be a free ticket into her shows. I think CrazyTicket is a very under-used application and could be used as a solution to all kinds of situations.

$2.30/minute is a bit lower than the average per minute rate. What special perks do you think you should be getting? If you want her to do more than just talk in your private sessions, why not PM her to discuss what kind of show you'd like? She's probably so used to "just talking" sessions being the norm with you, that she has no idea you're looking for more. You need to kindly ask her. Good luck. :)

Also, I know that on Streamate, some models save certain kinds of shows for exclusive only (instead of premium). And on MFC, some models save certain kinds of shows for true private (instead of regular private).

Eh, I don't mind just talking. Shows are cool and all, but I just sort of grew past that? I guess I was just venting cause I could be paying that low rate and getting more time with her. But I think it would kind of bother her if I started seeing her on that site and cause drama I don't want. Like how would you feel if a regular started paying you substantially less per minute? You might say it's cool, but I think it would cause a little underlying resentment.

Like there's definitely the pro that when she gets a pvt on a higher ppm, she'll close out everything like immediately. But there, she'll leave things open for a little bit until (presumably) she actually starts a show or changes or talks or whatever.

We used to spend a decent amount of time on skype off hours and that was a nice bonus. And I guess I'm getting my foot back in the door with that now. I brought some things up and this month is sort of a test run for some stuff. So I guess I'll wait and see how it happens. Part of me is like, if it ain't broke don't fix it. But the other part of me is like, "You're playing yourself"

Yes she does, and this month were trying things out that way. But neither party made a formal agreement on the exact amount of time, just that we could spend time there. So, that's a huge oversight on my end. But nothing that can't be fixed with communication.

She might be charging different prices on different sites for a few reasons. 1. Payout percentage. 2. There are different flows to each site, and that affects what things she will be doing on them. I'd personally go towards the cheapest one, unless she doesn't want to do the things you want in that, maybe she'll do them in the more expensive ones. If that makes sense.

If you're paying for a show, you should be seeing to it that you're getting what you want. "Eh, I don't mind just talking" means you'll settle for just talking, though you really want more. Come on, man. Stop playin', and tell that model (kindly!) what you want beforehand. LOL. :)

I personally don't see the problem with asking for privates on the $2.30 site. If she is taking private sessions on that site for other guys, then she should be okay with taking privates for you on that site as well. Is it possible that she priced one site higher since the site takes a higher cut of her pay?

I sell mostly videos instead of camming. I'm fine with guys buying videos from any site that I'm on regardless of my final cut. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have signed up for those sites.

Also, I agree with what others have said, if you want more than "just talking," then you should ask if you can switch things up a bit and tell her what you are really interested in doing.

As someone who's been burned by a couple of "multi-site" models, does she stream simultaneously when in public? Or, is it sites that she's not able to do so? If she is able to, is she closing down any and all other streams than the one you are on when you two go into privates?

Asking since I've caught at least two models doing this, and have seen a couple others do it as well.

@KylieJacobs Hm, nah. I mean on MFC she has her own account, she gets her 50%. But on AW, she just has her rate kinda low. And I've gotten different reasons for that in my past inquiries (there's no recording, she doesn't do masturbation shows) Don't know the truth behind this, but that's what I get.

@ForceTen Yeah she multi streams her public, but she's pretty good about closing stuff out when there's a pvt.

With that being the case, I'd say just ask. But, if you two are doing Skypes outside the site(s), then it sounds like an agreement is in place. One model I used to frequent all the time, she would use Google Wallet for her preferred members. No matter what, there's always risks of chargebacks. But, she said she preferred it over PP, etc. I also liked it since money went fully to her instead of to the site.

Interesting logic, the model can close the group at any time, but if she continues she is being scammed.....

What I mean to say is that it seems incredibly scammy when members get together and open a group, then everyone but one guy leaves almost instantly (and gets a killer rate). Yes, she can close it at any time. But that does not take away the scammy feeling of it; as if it were somehow coordinated. *Shrug.* It can put the model into a weird predicament. I in no way mean that if she continues she is being scammed, she is a big girl who can close it at any time. But the general act still feels like a scam.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
What I mean to say is that it seems incredibly scammy when members get together and open a group, then everyone but one guy leaves almost instantly (and gets a killer rate). Yes, she can close it at any time. But that does not take away the scammy feeling of it; as if it were somehow coordinated. *Shrug.* It can put the model into a weird predicament. I in no way mean that if she continues she is being scammed, she is a big girl who can close it at any time. But the general act still feels like a scam.

I had this very thing happen this morning. But, the way I handle it is that if it's just the two of us, I'll ask her if she wants to go private or continue in group. Sometimes, she's okay with continuing in the group. Other times, she'll want to go private. If we stay in group, I try and stick to the normal time I have planned while in private, then will leave and tip her the rest of what I had planned for anyway.

Reactions: Gen and PopcornCup

I just read through the entire thread. From what I see it makes perfect sense why the rates are that way. On MFC we can't change the rate, 60 tkns/ minute is the only option for a regular private show. There is an automatic recording that goes to the member after the private show which we also can not choose to turn on/off. If on the other site she has a lower rate because there is no recording that makes total sense for her to lower it. I think she was being straight up with you when she told you about that in the past.

As for you: Go ahead and take her private on the other site if you want to! If you can do the same things there as you do on MFC then why not do it there for a lower rate. If you are worried about the $ difference and how it might look to her (honestly she'd probably be just fine with it) you could take her private on the cheaper site and then the next time MFC etc. That way you get to test out how you like the interface of the other site and see which you prefer. You could also take her private on AW (? - honestly I have no idea what AW stands for) and leave her a tip afterwards of what you would have spent on MFC since you believe she is worth paying that amount for anyways and then you can ease that worry about what she will think of it.

Again, she would probably be just as happy to have you on the other site as she would be to have you on MFC.

Good Luck! :cat:

[QUOTE="PopcornCup, post: 870224, member: 37139"]What I mean to say is that it seems incredibly scammy when members get together and open a group, then everyone but one guy leaves almost instantly (and gets a killer rate). Yes, she can close it at any time. But that does not take away the scammy feeling of it; as if it were somehow coordinated. *Shrug.* It can put the model into a weird predicament. I in no way mean that if she continues she is being scammed, she is a big girl who can close it at any time. But the general act still feels like a scam.[/QUOTE]

I can imagine that this happens, but you need to be careful, when a room is slow and 1 -2 guys request a group show I often check with the model if I should be the 3 rd guy toget it started, she is fully aware that I will not stay......sometimes models prefer a few tokens over no tokens....

I recently met a model who had a similar situation, I found her on one site, private based but with free, non nude chat. Then I found her on a different site, private based but no free chat AFAIK, the second site was considerable less per minute, so I took her private there, and afterwards she went back into free chat on the other site so I joined here again and asked her if she was OK with that. She said yes, so i hope to continue spending time with her on both if I ever catch her online again.
I'm no expert on payout rates between sites,but if I had to guess, I would assume her end pay was roughly the same despite the different rates.

It's probably the payout. On indy sites with Skype she's probably doing 80-85% of the money you pay, on big box sites she makes 30-35% of the money you pay. So on her end, she's making the same per minute. I'd go for the skype show and save a lot of money.
Also, if you just want to chat, you can ask her if she has a special deal for that.

I personally charge in a way that I make at least a certain amount per minute, my partner will pay more or less depends on the site he chooses. And I also have a very lower rate for just chatting clothed, most girls do. Don't feel bad about asking once :)

Fair point. Overspending is easy to do, being 'taken' for more than what a model typically asks for is pretty common too. I am not sure you can do much about it; only you can control your own passion.
You would assume that being more regular may gain some advantage, but it usually doesn't except in the attention you get in arriving on site. I don't get the feeling it is personal, just part of the game played.

Look a little deeper and it isn't actually this cold, models' do appreciate those who enjoy them far more than they sometimes tell us. Some will even log off if a certain regular bypasses them on login.

@Phoenix4987 I don't think there's anything wrong with switching to the cheaper site. Hopefully she's set her prices based around the payout percentage in such a way that she doesn't make significantly less no matter which site you use. Honestly, I have my rates set in such a way that it should encourage customers to naturally "flow" towards my preferred sites, and I'm happy if they make the switch. If we're talking about MFC vs AW, there might be a difference in how much she makes, since MFC doesn't allow you to change the rates, and it's hard to set higher rates on AW because the site culture is rather cheap (although AW rates are listed in GBP, so they look cheaper than they really are).

Personally, I think you should see if she'll set up an account on a good Skype based website - the video quality will be better than AW and the % will be higher for her. If you're in doubt, you could visit her cheaper site and give her a tip at the end. You'll still spend less overall, but the tip shows her that you aren't trying to be cheap. In all, you'll probably both walk away with happier wallets.

You would assume that being more regular may gain some advantage, but it usually doesn't except in the attention you get in arriving on site. I don't get the feeling it is personal, just part of the game played.

Look a little deeper and it isn't actually this cold, models' do appreciate those who enjoy them far more than they sometimes tell us. Some will even log off if a certain regular bypasses them on login.
You're right, it's not that we don't appreciate our best regs and want to give them perks - it's just a delicate balance to maintain, and given the nature of what we do, it's not always feasible to set up some sort of "rewards" program like a big chain store might do. One of my best regulars spends quite a lot, but he works me super hard for every single minute we spend together, so for my own health, there's no way I'd give him any sort of discount. But I'd have a hard time explaining to him that I give more perks to regs that spend a bit less, but chat a lot and leave the meter running while they wander off to pee.

Also, guys know that we are the decision-makers about perks and who gets them. I've never seen anyone in my grocery store pestering a cashier about why they don't get more rewards points, but you can bet that if models publicly give bonuses to good customers, we'd get dozens of guys per day whining about how they're so amazing and they should be getting perks, too. They'd argue about every penny they've spent on us, or how they obviously give us the best orgasms, so they should get perks even without spending much, or want to know if we give out automatic bonus points for having a 12" cock. So yeah, we have to keep it subtle. If we drop our rates every time a reg comes in the room, I assure you that guys will notice and the pestering will never end.

• Helpful!
Reactions: omgitsg and Gen
I would hate to find out (after the fact) someone wasn't getting what they wanted/were paying for from our sessions. Just tell her what your expectations are and explain yourself like you did here. Your expectations are realistic and she may not even be realizing or in control of it. I think that conversation will only be a problem if you make it one tbh.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.