AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Empty Chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems they have now wisely reversed that dumb change 👍

Hopefully they will also undo the change that caused "broadcaster has kicked/silenced user XYZ" messages to be hidden.

Reactions: mark_jones
Upvote 0
^^^ Nor is the display of the quantity and names of other current users, but they still show 'em ;)
There is a need for that. Users interact with each other in PM when they see fit. Users sometimes choose rooms based on size.

However, there is absolutely no reason for you to know my disciplinary actions against a user. You have no idea how many times I've had a guy complain about me banning someone while that someone was tipping me and helping out the person who complained. Is everyone in your company publicly shamed by the rest of the employees when someone is called into a manager's office or the human resources department? I'm betting that's a no. That room is my office, I am the manager.

Upvote 0
No. No one needs to know when someone is banned.
As a member, I think seeing those notifications can sometimes be effective in linking consequences with another user's actions, particularly after a warning, and might help to reinforce the room rules.
Also seeing who muted somebody else, if it wasn't the broadcaster - especially if it shows a mod/knight may be overstepping boundaries and being inconsistent.
I recall this was discussed before and did create some conflict, so I'll just say that I totally respect a broadcaster's opinion and right to assert that nobody else needs to know/see this aspect of how their room works; just saying it's something I have personally found beneficial. Most users couldn't care less though.

Reactions: mark_jones
Upvote 0
As a member, I think seeing those notifications can sometimes be effective in linking consequences with another user's actions, particularly after a warning, and might help to reinforce the room rules.
I can see your point in that being useful. That being said, I think the model should have the option for it to be shown in chat or not.
Also seeing who muted somebody else, if it wasn't the broadcaster - especially if it shows a mod/knight may be overstepping boundaries and being inconsistent.
Only the model needs to know that, since s/he should be the only one to reprimand a mod/helper for such. It would likely only cause drama in the room if it was noticed and called out by another member.

Upvote 0
I recall this was discussed before and did create some conflict, so I'll just say that I totally respect a broadcaster's opinion and right to assert that nobody else needs to know/see this aspect of how their room works; just saying it's something I have personally found beneficial. Most users couldn't care less though.
I considered that aspect before I posted my responses. I agree with Amber that correcting mods/knights is something the model needs to do, not other members. Connecting consequences isn't always possible with a ban, a lot of the infractions I deal with occur in PM/tip notes and because I'm not one of those models who reads every PM/tip note out to the room like it's the Daily Telegraph, seeing me banning a tipper who is dark purple can send people scattering like cockroaches. "OH SHE BANS A LOT." Yes, yes I do and that's MY business. (I'm not yelling at you, I'm yelling near you, Rod.)

Upvote 0
Only the model needs to know that, since s/he should be the only one to reprimand a mod/helper for such. It would likely only cause drama in the room if it was noticed and called out by another member.
I wouldn't call it out if I thought a mod was being a dick, just meant it more from the point that seeing it would help inform me about the way they conduct themself, especially if it was a newish room to me.
But I have also (as a long-term regular) seen a mod take advantage of the model being busy and not able to follow chat closely, to silence certain others that they have 'issues' with. Petty BS, but at least having it visible means they can't do it unobserved.
Edit to add: even if there's no notifications in public chat, do models get a notification if a mod/knight silences another user?

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
I wouldn't call it out if I thought a mod was being a dick, just meant it more from the point that seeing it would help inform me about the way they conduct themself, especially if it was a newish room to me.
But I have also (as a long-term regular) seen a mod take advantage of the model being busy and not able to follow chat closely, to silence certain others that they have 'issues' with. Petty BS, but at least having it visible means they can't do it unobserved.
Edit to add: even if there's no notifications in public chat, do models get a notification if a mod/knight silences another user?
Yes both the model and the mod get a notification.

Upvote 0
Window to edit passed:

I also want to add that silencing a user on CB only lasts for 6 hours. They can complain in tip notes about the mod who silenced them when it's lifted. Models can reverse silences and bans regardless of who tossed the hammer.

Upvote 0
I also want to add that silencing a user on CB only lasts for 6 hours. They can complain in tip notes about the mod who silenced them when it's lifted. Models can reverse silences and bans regardless of who tossed the hammer.
Sure, but if the broadcaster didn't see what happened before the silencing, complaining just becomes one person's word against another's.
I know you run your room very effectively, but I've seen others who put so much trust into their mod that they'll almost always back them and believe their version of events.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.