AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

etiquette in a model's room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2014
hi everyone

i'm a guest and i have a newbie's question, so i hope it isn’t too stupid. It’s most likely has been answered before elsewhere, and if so perhaps someone could link me the page? It concerns etiquette in a model’s room. I've read a lot (not all) of the pages at "Tips for premium MFC members (how to be great!)" and they cover a huge range of behaviours both good and bad but not what i was looking for. At least not on the pages i read through.

my question is simply this .....
when models are asked for various things, it seems to me that sometimes it can be intrusive of both the model’s show (if that’s an acceptable way of saying it?) and the mood in the room. Especially when it’s asked as crassly as i've seen at times. I have noticed as mentioned elsewhere in the forum that it’s often those that don’t tip that abruptly say the crassest things and expect freebies. I also read that when something is asked for and accompanied by a tip there might be an expectation that the model should automatically comply – a fine line between a request and a perceived demand? Are these things uncomfortable for the model or is it something you grow accustomed to and it stops being an issue?

which finally brings me to my question. Are there ways to ask requests that are more respectful to the model? Courteous rather than crass? I know this last is a hard one, least ways it is for me. This time it’s not a fine line so much as a fine triangle between clinical nomenclature and crass vulgar and perhaps worst of all – euphemistically cute. Do you as models have preferences? Are there appropriate times to make requests. Are there appropriate mechanisms to use to make them? And are there words / phrases that you find really off putting? How do you like to have them asked? And a last question – if guests do make requests courteously does it help keep the mood in the room comfortable for the model? Does it discourage others from being less respectful – or is this way too big an ask?

you can tell i’m not real good at this can’t you :- )
but would like to know how you feel as models about this. And if it’s been asked / answered elsewhere before does anyone know where can i read it?

thanks

Generally, its customary to sit back, relax and get a feel for how the room works, the models interaction with her room and how the room perceives it all. If your finding you like how a room/model feels, check her profile. 9/10 times there are "room rules" or sections where the model has taken a min (or hours) to give hints or direction to when/how/why to do things. Some models prefer total control, others just wing it. Some have been around for years, others for mins, and still others who are getting back on the horse/cam. Every person is different. Some tippers (guys and gals) will do things unexpectedly, or to ruin a models cam session. You just have to watch and learn. Many times, if you PM her or ask when naked bits or yellow walls aren't in progress, they will gladly help to direct you. :)

Also: check any topics here about what NOT to do. There's a few WTF threads

I don't think there is a specific thread discussing just this topic alone, so IMO this is a pretty neat thread to have! Thank you for starting it!

Everyone is different so it will be interesting to see the response.

I personally do not like to do requests because I'm pretty much ALWAYS doing something kind of specific. A certain dance, having a certain conversation, a certain show... yadda yadda so a request can be kind of a derail even in a tip. However if someone asks me first without a tip if I would be willing to say, show my butt, for a tip... I'm usually likely to oblige if it's simple enough and doesn't change the vibe of the room. Especially if the ask nicely.

It may be a place of business but there is no reason to leave manners at the door. I will likely never acknowledge a request if it is not accompanied by at least a please, unless it's a specific thing I'm offering in my topic.

I like being asked *before* the tip, so if you aren't going to do the request, there's no chance of "but I tipped you!!!". Also then I can sure "sure, I'd love to show you my boobies for 50tks" as opposed to just saying "tip for requests" and having you tip 5tks.

Really though for politeness, hanging out in the room and saying hi is nice before getting straight into the request. Also being courteous if she says no...probably common sense amongst the guys that hang out here but some guys get so rude when you won't drop everything to do their request, even if it's something like smoking that not everyone would have on hand.

Most likely if youre considering how to be polite, you already are!

Please and thank you can go a really long way. It helps to not take a 'rejection' personally either. If you ask for something and don't get it, 'thank you anyways :)' is usually the best way to move forwards. :twocents-02cents:

1) Figure out what kind of room you are in. Ask a BDSM model to do some spanks, it is a reasonable request. Ask a vanilla girl to flog her tits and she won't respond well. Styles are not hard to tell if you are an experienced MFC member, but read her profile if in doubt.

2) Every model is different. Even if your request is reasonable and goes with her style, some models don't take them. Some do, some don't. Nothing personal. Again, read her profile or ask one of her regulars.

3) To tip or not to tip. It is customary to request things with a tip. That said, some models are happy to please anyone who is polite and friendly to them. But a tip never hurt. So if you want to increase the odds that she will respond favorably to your request, put them on a tip note.

4) Tip accordingly. Don't tip her 2 tokens and ask for a flash. Be reasonable. Some models have a tip menu on their profiles already and many of the things you might want to see will be contemplated in there. If you are fetishist, and you like feet for instance, use the same amount she asks for a flash for reference.

5) A little trick. Even if a model doesn't take requests at all, and she states it in her profile, there is a way around it. Most models will respond well to a reasonable request with a decent sized tip if you ask in a hidden tip note. This way it will not look like she is pleasing you to her viewers, and she can get away with performing your request like it was part of her regular show. It helps if you have decent rewarding points or you have been tipping for a little while that night.

6) Requesting as a guest/basic. The majority of models will ban you or mute all basics for being so bold. Never demand things from a model especially if you cannot compensate her for her time.

7) Things to avoid Do not use condescending words (sweetie, honey, baby, etc) when requesting things from a model, especially if you don't know her. Use her name instead. Do not insist if she ignores your request, or even questions about it. If you ask in public chat "will you flash your boobs for me for a tip" and she ignores it, don't push it, she isn't interested.

Good luck :thumbleft:

TicTacToe said:
5) A little trick. Even if a model doesn't take requests at all, and she states it in her profile, there is a way around it. Most models will respond well to a reasonable request with a decent sized tip if you ask in a hidden tip note. This way it will not look like she is pleasing you to her viewers, and she can get away with performing your request like it was part of her regular show. It helps if you have decent rewarding points or you have been tipping for a little while that night.

nope, nope, nope.

I mean, mister TicTacToe is free to give whatever advice he wants, but from my point of view (and probably a lot of models with me) this is definitely not the way to go. ALWAYS ask first, then tip. Even if it's on her tip menu but quite specific it would be wise to ask in advance. Everyone can imagine the awkwardness if she says no, you'll lose tokens, model feels bad. The other way around she might not have the balls to say no after the tip which just makes her feel pressured and not loving you for it.

Fay_Galore said:
nope, nope, nope.

I mean, mister TicTacToe is free to give whatever advice he wants, but from my point of view (and probably a lot of models with me) this is definitely not the way to go. ALWAYS ask first, then tip. Even if it's on her tip menu but quite specific it would be wise to ask in advance. Everyone can imagine the awkwardness if she says no, you'll lose tokens, model feels bad. The other way around she might not have the balls to say no after the tip which just makes her feel pressured and not loving you for it.

It is true, requests can make some models feel awkward, especially those who feel a pressure to please the members in the room even when their requests are at odds with her own boundaries.

It is also true that requesting something can be a bad decision on the part of the member if the model ignores it and he loses his tip.

But then again, if it wasn't a difficult subject OP wouldn't be asking for advice in here.

The way I see it, spending tokens and having fun with them is kinda the whole point of places like MFC. If you are too attached to your tokens and you think 50 tokens, for example, is too much money to spend on a request that may not be fulfilled, then perhaps you are better off spending them more conscientously. After all 50 tokens is 5 minutes in a group show.

In my view, however, part of the thrill *can* be to ask a model something in secret so she performs it just for you. The reason some models do not take requests is because they feel it reflects bad on them. The whole "100 tokens for tits bb" "sure darling" *100 tip* *tits* scenario.

There are many reasons why a model wouldn't want that type of exchange in her room. Maybe she is a domina and pleasing a member reflects bad on her in front of her subs. Maybe she is a "classy" lady and considers these exchanges cheap. Maybe she simply doesn't like to have to explain what she *is* and *isnt* comfortable with to every single guy who asks for something and decided its easier if she just makes a blanket statement to not take requests at all. Whatever the case, the truth is some (I would dare to say most) refuse requests BECAUSE they are done publicly, and if a guy comes along who understands this fact and can conduct his requests in a private manner she will be happy to oblige especially if the tipper shows potential. A hidden tipnote works in these cases.

It is not infallible because like I said, not every model considers these requests to reflect bad on her so she would rather have you ask her in public chat if she is comfortable with something before you tip. That is also fine. Just make sure you read her profile because most of them will say if they take requests or not.

So all in all, like I said:

1) Figure out her style.

2) Tip her.

3) Be reasonable.

4) If she doesn't take requests and you still want to try, use a hidden tip note, she might comply.

Edit: typo.

I rarely make requests but if I was to start, I'd probably stick to the following...

If it's in the model's room topic (flash for x tokens, dance for y tokens, etc.) I'd just go ahead and tip that amount with the request (followed by a "please") in the tip note.

If it wasn't in the model's room topic but was on her profile, I'd quickly make sure that she was offering everything on her profile's tip menu by asking her in public chat before tipping for it.

If it was something not mentioned in a room topic and not appearing on any tip menu, I'd ask in a tip note (of a 5 or 10 token tip) "would it be possible for you to do x for me and if so, how many tokens would it cost me? thanks". That way you've not "lowered the tone of the room" or anything, the model isn't put on the spot and is in a position to thank you for your tip but decline your request or grant your request should she choose, with no risk to her show/room vibe being disrupted :twocents-02cents:

I agree with what a lot of people have said on here. Although I am new to camming(2 months on MFC)this is one thing I deal with everyday on cam...

At first I would be somewhat willing to do what people requested as long as it was in the tip note and it was something reasonable like show ass/feet. It started to get to be too much to handle though. There were so many requests. After my first week I stopped taking requests like that. If someone wants to see me do something specific that is not in my topic then he will be offered to take me private as long as his requests are reasonable.

But always ask if a model is comfortable doing something before you ask and/or tip her for that request!

Reactions: goldenaye666
requests are a curious adventure. I am not a model so i can only shoot some BS..I agree with what others have said about knowing the model
Always ask. if the room is packed , you have not seen what you wanted to see. i am guessing the request is involved. use email. to ask))

i am sad to hear the model replies,,, requests are so fun,,, ofc with tip...after a long show i often request water, drink water, in my tip notes.

and funny,,, ofc, i request bra straps reveals, jumping on bed, hands in the air,, all just one of the many ways i like to have fun on mfc...

but yes get to know your model "friends"... you do not have to chat her up.. she has a ROOM, but you wlll firgure it out with her replies to them. and youl.

Reactions: goldenaye666
cbook100 said:
Always ask. if the room is packed , you have not seen what you wanted to see. i am guessing the request is involved. use email. to ask))

I don't think you should ask in MFC mail, if that's what you mean. I think most girls check their MFC mail when they're off cam. That's why so many girls charge for PMs.

I think the best way to do it is either to buy PM privileges and ask there, or ask in a 5 tkn ninja tip note. Asking in public chat is fine, too, if the model isn't too busy (like if she's chatting waiting for a countdown to finish). During shows I always find people asking how much for x to be awkward. I don't want to be finger banging myself and saying, "50 tokens for doggy, ninja." It's jarring. On the other hand, I don't really know a solution other than try your luck with a tip or sit back and just enjoy what she chooses to do.

NataliaGrey said:
cbook100 said:

I don't think you should ask in MFC mail, if that's what you mean. I think most girls check their MFC mail when they're off cam. That's why so many girls charge for PMs.

I think the best way to do it is either to buy PM privileges and ask there, or ask in a 5 tkn ninja tip note. Asking in public chat is fine, too, if the model isn't too busy (like if she's chatting waiting for a countdown to finish). During shows I always find people asking how much for x to be awkward. I don't want to be finger banging myself and saying, "50 tokens for doggy, ninja." It's jarring. On the other hand, I don't really know a solution other than try your luck with a tip or sit back and just enjoy what she chooses to do.

thank you for cleaning up my comment, i was to lazy with it. thus the )) at the end, i really had no idea, just fell into problem solving mode and guessed at a solution.

I prefer that people ask before tipping because I don't want to take someone's money and not provide them their request OR they give a really low tip and expect something crazy for the price (EX: up close anal while fingering my ass for 5 tokens *so common and annoying*). I won't be comfortable with all requests. With that said, the polite way to ask before tipping in my room would be...

"Would you be willing to do X and how much should I tip for X?"

yossarian said:
I would feel so weird making a special request in public. In private, sure, but not in public. It's just a personal thing. My philosophy is if I wouldn't ask her to do it in a Denny's, I'm not gonna ask her in front of 500 people on cam.

This is one reason I keep my PM's open to everyone these days. Sure, I get A LOT but many of them are reasonable, good questions. :)

AedanRayne said:
yossarian said:
I would feel so weird making a special request in public. In private, sure, but not in public. It's just a personal thing. My philosophy is if I wouldn't ask her to do it in a Denny's, I'm not gonna ask her in front of 500 people on cam.

This is one reason I keep my PM's open to everyone these days. Sure, I get A LOT but many of them are reasonable, good questions. :)

I like this. If I have to I will tip a small amount with a note, but then the model is still (unless she sends a PM) answering in public. Sometimes I don't care but I really hate to be known as the dude who asked to see her toes :lol:

Reactions: AedanRayne
JimsX said:
AedanRayne said:
yossarian said:

I like this. If I have to I will tip a small amount with a note, but then the model is still (unless she sends a PM) answering in public. Sometimes I don't care but I really hate to be known as the dude who asked to see her toes :lol:

That's understandable! Maybe you could add in the tip note that you'd like her to keep the response private?

JimsX said:
AedanRayne said:
yossarian said:

Or just ninja tip! Then nobody will know it was you, just that some dude wanted to see her toes. ;)

OP, hope you don't mind if I jump in your thread with a question for models. Instead of making a new thread for one question :p

Anyone have thoughts on asking Skype/pic set prices before I am ready to buy? I have limited funds to spend on MFC, and I obviously want to get the best bang for my buck (wow, that is bad wording lol). I usually ask the model her prices and then tell her that I am not planning to buy that day. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get banned :lol: :icon-cry:

JimsX said:
OP, hope you don't mind if I jump in your thread with a question for models. Instead of making a new thread for one question :p

Anyone have thoughts on asking Skype/pic set prices before I am ready to buy? I have limited funds to spend on MFC, and I obviously want to get the best bang for my buck (wow, that is bad wording lol). I usually ask the model her prices and then tell her that I am not planning to buy that day. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get banned :lol: :icon-cry:

1) Check her profile
2) If its not there, ask her in MFC mail or PM if possible
3) If you don't like the answer say nothing and move on. Don't tell her you're too cheap. Telling her she's too expensive is a couple steps off from saying you're not worth that much regardless of your original intentions. It just comes off tacky.
Also if you are expecting Skype to be cheaper than private a lot of models will find you irritating. And on a slow day, if the model is in a bad mood, she probably isnt going to want the guy hanging around who just made it clear he isn't going to spend anything. Not saying thats the right thing to do, but I could see why a model would get irritated.

Edit: I just re-read your question and I think that no, you shouldn't chat the model up about Skype and then be like "lol jk". Don't get her hopes up man :(

Jessi said:
2) If its not there, ask her in MFC mail or PM if possible
3) If you don't like the answer say nothing and move on. Don't tell her you're too cheap. Telling her she's too expensive is a couple steps off from saying you're not worth that much regardless of your original intentions. It just comes off tacky.
Also if you are expecting Skype to be cheaper than private a lot of models will find you irritating. And on a slow day, if the model is in a bad mood, she probably isnt going to want the guy hanging around who just made it clear he isn't going to spend anything. Not saying thats the right thing to do, but I could see why a model would get irritated.

Edit: I just re-read your question and I think that no, you shouldn't chat the model up about Skype and then be like "lol jk". Don't get her hopes up man :(

I realize I worded my post badly. If I am asking the model I do intend to follow through (unless it is prohibitively expensive). I generally do the pm method but when I say it is for future reference, some models do get annoyed, and I understand why :p

It sounds funny but I plan my spending on MFC at the beginning of the month and there are some models I would like to have that time with if i can

I think I will do the mfc mail thing from now on. Less awkwardness on both sides. And yeah when the price has been too high (just 2 times), I moved on without another word.

On the tip for requests subject, too often less experienced models will be ambiguous and just say something like, "Tip for requests." The results end up being repetitive questions, members leaving because they didn't get a specific answer, or tip amounts the model isn't satisfied with.

Models can help themselves and many members, by using their topics & profiles to display a tip menu for common requests, or to show they're not taking requests right now. List out some things like flashes, spanks, friend add, song request, or whatever you want to cater to with specific amounts to tip for that request. Of course some won't read it, but a lot of people will appreciate it.

I agree with what has been said here. Don't request the second you come in a room and don't tip for a request without asking first IF you are going to be upset if she says no.

I see you also asked if there were ways people make requests that rub you the wrong way so I thought I would chip in there.

-Someone coming into my room and right away asking how much to see or do x.
-Making requests for anything non-vanilla fetish related when a girl is doing a vanilla show. If you want the tone of the room changed for you, you need to just take it private.
-Requesting (without tip) for me to stand up/ turn around/ twirl. It may not seem like much but considering what I am wearing on cam that would mean you're getting an ass flash out of the deal and I charge for that.
- Asking why when I deny a request or making repeated sad faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.