AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fake tipping on Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2018
:(Someone fake tipped me tonight on Chaterbate and I feel so stupid for not noticing sooner. I was so embarrassed I just quit camming without saying anything. It looked real and I need new glasses so the computer was far away and I couldn’t see it very well and now I’m upset.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Yup! On pretty much every site I've been on someone has fake tipped although I experienced it the most on CB. Just be sure to check your token stats/countdown apps etc/make sure there's a noise if you have the sound on if there's a tip you think is suspicious and I believe you can make your font size bigger if you're having trouble viewing the chat (I have baaad eyes and made mine the largest it can possibly go).

Sorry this happened to you :(

Reactions: Lelo1
Upvote 0
Yep, it's happened to me- same bad eyesight problem. I just make sure to have my volume up (though I understand not everyone likes the tip noises) - and if it happens, report the person. CB generally bans the person.

Upvote 0
Happened to me on my 2nd show ever. Thought I knew better but I didn't and was very humilated.

I wouldn't worry too much, though. No ones ever brought it up. I think the only person who noticed it was a fake tip was my mod.

It's okay. You learn from your mistakes, now you know to listen for the sound and look at your token count.

Upvote 0
Didn´t even know this is a thing. I feel sorry for you, but you don´t have to be embarassed. The only embarassing thing is that this weirdos and freeloaders try everything to scam the hard working models.
I have to admit the only weird thing happened to me (as a tipper) was when I started to tip a model over and over while chatting in pm with her and some grey dude with exactly my name started telling her in the open chat what she had to do for the tips, she was confused af. But I told her through pm that if I ask her for something, I´ll do it through pm.

Upvote 0
I've been fake tipped before, but I immediately banned. Fortunately, I had done a ton of research beforehand so I knew to expect it. I do a single thing for anybody until I have verified the tip... so I take my time, there will always be at least 30 sec lag time between tip and my reaction, which I pretend is due to computer lag or me being busy "entertaining." Likewise with all comments - I take my time to think about what I'm going to say in response. If someone says something weird and I'm not sure how to respond, sometimes I'll take a full minute or more until I show a reaction, so they think I just didn't see it. But clearly negative people get blocked or banned pretty quick. I didn't realize Chaturbate would ban them if we report - that's good to know!

I have to admit the only weird thing happened to me (as a tipper) was when I started to tip a model over and over while chatting in pm with her and some grey dude with exactly my name started telling her in the open chat what she had to do for the tips, she was confused af. But I told her through pm that if I ask her for something, I´ll do it through pm.

Wow, that's weird. I wonder how common that is... I would have thought they would not allow duplicate user names!

Reactions: AriAngel
Upvote 0
Didn´t even know this is a thing. I feel sorry for you, but you don´t have to be embarassed. The only embarassing thing is that this weirdos and freeloaders try everything to scam the hard working models.
That's the sites fault. Quality sites won't allow duplicate member names.

Upvote 0
That's the sites fault. Quality sites won't allow duplicate member names.

It's odd, because certainly when I signed up for CB as a model, they were very particular that I not choose a name that another model already had. It took me several tries, which was weird because when I searched on the site, the names I was trying to use never showed up. So I assumed it must be a customer name, not a model. Which led me to assume all accounts on CB must go through the same process, and no model or customer can have a duplicate name. Which is Internet 101, really. So very odd if there was a user with the same name.

Upvote 0
It's odd, because certainly when I signed up for CB as a model, they were very particular that I not choose a name that another model already had. It took me several tries, which was weird because when I searched on the site, the names I was trying to use never showed up. So I assumed it must be a customer name, not a model. Which led me to assume all accounts on CB must go through the same process, and no model or customer can have a duplicate name. Which is Internet 101, really. So very odd if there was a user with the same name.

It was just seconds after I tipped. I tipped like 150 tokens in a minute and suddenly a grey user with clearly MY name just appeared and told her what to do. It was clearly my username, every single letter and number. I don´t know how he did that, but I clarified everything in pm.

Upvote 0
I l
JJsulu123 which one of these is your screen name ?
JJsuIu123 with a upper case eye or JJsulu123 with a lower case el
with regular font you cant tell the difference , hope this distinguishes your situation , glad you clarified before the model was scammed

Upvote 0
I l
JJsulu123 which one of these is your screen name ?
JJsuIu123 with a upper case eye or JJsulu123 with a lower case el
with regular font you cant tell the difference , hope this distinguishes your situation , glad you clarified before the model was scammed
Ah, I see, you may be right! It´s a lower case el (L). Thank you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.