AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fallout: New Vegas

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stoked for this game to say the least. Watching the husband play it right now as I get ready to get on cam and it may be that I'm not fully paying attention, but I'm a bit let down. I love the Fallout games, but this seems like kind of a let down. Anyone else checked it out yet?

this has consumed my life, as have all of the fallout games (over 1400 hours in all the games together). Its not as good as 3, but I'm still completely absorbed by it.

One of my co-workers had spent about 20 hours on it as of yesterday. I am quite certain he played a bit more last night. He never finished his melee character on Fallout 3 so that's what he went with first in New Vegas.

I got it at launch, liking it so far, though I haven't put as much time as I should in it.

The game looks great, but for some reason I have the impression that there is a lot of talking like in Dragon Age or Mass Effect. Am I way off base here? I hope so. All the long conversations for story progression really stress me out.

50 hours in and I'm having a blast, I'm actually enjoying it more then i enjoyed Fallout 3 without mods or DLCs because it feels more like a Fallout game (referances to the first 2 etc.)

My friend got the game watching him played
This game has to many bugs and freeze up time. This game is great and also have a good story line. sometimes he will get mad with loading locking up and if there to many enemies it lag alot.

theend757 said:
My friend got the game watching him played
This game has to many bugs and freeze up time. This game is great and also have a good story line. sometimes he will get mad with loading locking up and if there to many enemies it lag alot.

I had similar problems, but that's because my Graphics Card was melting itself because the heat vent and fan were broken. I would question whether he meets minimum specs and whether he's playing on settings appropriate to his system.

Patches fixed all issues I was having, yet another case of a game being released before all the bugs are worked out.

hahaha i don't know he using the playstation 3. he did get some updates apply. well I test the game on my slim ps3 from the start it better but when you strating doing mission later on it get to be little laggly and will sometime get lock.

I'm still having issues with the game locking up on me here every now and again! It absolutely pisses me off to no end whenever that happens. I have to turn off the PS3 from the back and turn it back on again and resume from the autosave.

Other than that, it's my favorite game in the Fallout franchise since it is sort of a sequel to Fallout 1 and 2 on the PC. Would have been even more awesome if there were weapons from the first 2 Fallout games like the turbo plasma rifle for example!

I really want to play this game. I own it. It's in my 360, now. But this is the only game since I had my stroke, a year+ ago, to make me want to barf while I'm walking around in it. Just full on vertigo. No bueno. :(

Hell, I had some residual vertigo when I got home from the hospital, from the actual injury to my brain from the stroke, and played Modern Warfare 2 just fine other than my left thumb not being up to speed.

So... what the hell, New Vegas. What the hell.

I never got into the fallout series. It was to much things you can do on this game and you spent hours with it. Everytime i hear about this game I go back in time with snes and play Earthbound with ness baseball bat.

I know I'm a bit late to the party here but my 2 bottle caps..

I've been a fan of fallout since 1997 when the first game came out, and to me fallout 3 felt a bit flat. It didnt have the subtle humour, or dark romance of fallout 1 & 2. It felt like oblivion with guns kind of.

Fallout: New Vegas is, to me, brilliant and easily the best fallout game since FO2. Between the NCR and Caesar's Legion, Followers of the Apocalypse and Great Khans, New Vegas places you right back among some of the iconic post-apoc factions that FO1&2 made so memorable.

The storyline has loads and I mean LOADS of choices. Side with the NCR and make New Vegas a territory of the republic...side with the Legion and bring harsh, totalitarian order, side with Mr House and keep them both at bay or...kill Mr House, kill Caesar, throw the NCR general off the side of Hoover Dam because of his smart lip and rule New Vegas yourself (ya that's what I did lol).

Maybe I came along late enough that the bugs were ironed out cos apart from a couple, which I was always able to work around or get a player-made patch for - everything was super.

The music shit me off no end, it was repetitive and out of place. My advice? Ditch it and replace it with Johnny Cash, and the soundtrack to The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly :mrgreen:

There are a ton of great community made mods for it too, including one that lets you play whatever music you like on the radio, and still have the douchebag announcer speak between songs so you can hear him comment on how you're fucking up the wasteland lol.

For me at least, was one of those games I kept staying up til 5am playing, for like 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.