AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fallout New Vegas?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2010
Hey,anyone have it? I have an extra gamestop exclusive code for the 360 version. Basically you start out with some better gear than you would normally. If anyone wants it just send me a pm.

I have that code too never used it though I should find it and offer it up too...

And since the thread said New Vegas I have to add, Honest Hearts the new DLC is finished and supposed to be released after an upcoming update!!! I am super excited and its true info from Bethesda not just rumor yay! I am so excited, when I beat Dead Money, I went crazy thinking about where the Courier would travel next, and the AWESOME people to meet (and kill/rob).

So anytime now! I am hoping/expecting since the update and DLC are both finished, maybe by the beginning of May...
:h: Fallout

(Sorry for the kinda randomness, but it sad New Vegas in big shiny letters...so I couldn't help myself)

Heres the Fallout forum I got the info from in case anyone wanted to know http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1179411-an-update-from-bethesda/

Will they update the physics to make sense?
I love Fallout3 and New Vegas, I really do. But come the fuck on! Why can I climb one hill but run into a phantom wall of nothing when I try for the next IDENTICAL hill?
I can take nearly impossible to kill beasties and ghouls, even characters that disappear and make it impossible to complete your task, but random phantom walls piss me off royally.

I do need to go back and finish the game though.

lordmagellan said:
Will they update the physics to make sense?
I love Fallout3 and New Vegas, I really do. But come the fuck on! Why can I climb one hill but run into a phantom wall of nothing when I try for the next IDENTICAL hill?
I can take nearly impossible to kill beasties and ghouls, even characters that disappear and make it impossible to complete your task, but random phantom walls piss me off royally.

I do need to go back and finish the game though.

Geeze! thats bad, do ya play on Xbox, Ps3 or pc? I have had a few minor glitches but mostly due to my zombie console (I have replaced the disc drive numerous times on my lil Xbox so its kind of a monster) Never anything crazy like that when I play on Xbox though and I have been playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas since there launches.

But from all I have read the new update is to fix/improve whats left of the basic game mechanics retardation and little odds and ends.

Yeah, the invisible walls in New Vegas were a little too obvious at certain places... I mean, sure I understand the reasoning behind them, devs wanting to put certain limitations to the player's movement to keep the story flowing, so on so forth... But it really does need to be camouflaged better than in New Vegas. I mean, if they go like "You don't want to go this way, see there's a pile of rublbe blocking the way!" they should make the rubble NOT look like my dead grandpa could climb over it.

But still, I freaking love New Vegas. Fallout 3 was okay but kinda bland in the end... but New Vegas? MUCH more of a Fallout game, the feel is much closer to the old games and it feels like there's just a lot more meaningful stuff to do instead of wandering the wastes and rummaging through dozens of identical ruined office buildings and shit.

Nordick said:
Yeah, the invisible walls in New Vegas were a little too obvious at certain places... I mean, sure I understand the reasoning behind them, devs wanting to put certain limitations to the player's movement to keep the story flowing, so on so forth... But it really does need to be camouflaged better than in New Vegas. I mean, if they go like "You don't want to go this way, see there's a pile of rublbe blocking the way!" they should make the rubble NOT look like my dead grandpa could climb over it.

But still, I freaking love New Vegas. Fallout 3 was okay but kinda bland in the end... but New Vegas? MUCH more of a Fallout game, the feel is much closer to the old games and it feels like there's just a lot more meaningful stuff to do instead of wandering the wastes and rummaging through dozens of identical ruined office buildings and shit.

I had a love/hate relationship with Fallout 3 so wasn't hell bent on getting New Vegas... but you may have just convinced me ;D

SiaSaylor said:
I had a love/hate relationship with Fallout 3 so wasn't hell bent on getting New Vegas... but you may have just convinced me ;D
Yeah, I would recommend you give it a try, I'd say it's better than Fallout 3 in pretty much every aspect. Just, a couple things it might be good to know going in:
-The beginning of the game might seem a bit slow, with no huge amounts of side missions to take. But the pace will definitely pick up once you follow the main quest line into New Vegas proper.
-When the NPCs in the beginning say "You better not go that way, there are really nasty critters there", they mean it. Combat is noticeably more challenging in New Vegas and on lower levels you can easily wander into the wrong place and get torn to ribbons in a heartbeat. (Personally I think this is awesome. I hate it when games coddle the player overmuch.)

Also, definitely try playing in the Hardcore mode where you have to eat and drink and stuff like that, It's not super-restrictive or anything, but it does make the game a lot more engaging. And you can turn it off anytime if you don't like it.

And damn, now I feel like continuing my second playthrough. too bad I uninstalled the game to make room for something else. :woops:

Nordick said:
SiaSaylor said:
Yeah, I would recommend you give it a try, I'd say it's better than Fallout 3 in pretty much every aspect. Just, a couple things it might be good to know going in:
-The beginning of the game might seem a bit slow, with no huge amounts of side missions to take. But the pace will definitely pick up once you follow the main quest line into New Vegas proper.
-When the NPCs in the beginning say "You better not go that way, there are really nasty critters there", they mean it. Combat is noticeably more challenging in New Vegas and on lower levels you can easily wander into the wrong place and get torn to ribbons in a heartbeat. (Personally I think this is awesome. I hate it when games coddle the player overmuch.)

Also, definitely try playing in the Hardcore mode where you have to eat and drink and stuff like that, It's not super-restrictive or anything, but it does make the game a lot more engaging. And you can turn it off anytime if you don't like it.

And damn, now I feel like continuing my second playthrough. too bad I uninstalled the game to make room for something else. :woops:

Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it! :D I definitely agree with you with regards to too much handholding being detrimental to the gaming experience. I'm all for challenging combat and gameplay mechanics. Hardcore mode sounds particularly awesome! I now want this badly.

Yeah I agree with Nordick, I've been a huge fan of FO 1&2 since 1 came out and New Vegas "felt" more like fallout. There were more in-jokes, returning characters, plus they included a bunch of factions and storylines that had been going into the original fallout 3 by black isle that got cancelled.

I never played the first 2, so FO3 was my intro. I love it. I love rummaging through ruined DC and just exploring the countryside.
Just restarted New Vegas with a new character to give it another go. I plan to build up my speech more, it seems to be the biggest part of the game.

Yeah I learned from previous fallout games - combat skills might seem like a no-brainer but some of the others like repair and speech actually add a hell of a lot of fun to the game. In NV I got to 100 repair and pretty much disassembled every round of ammo I picked up or bought and put it back together as the higher quality hand-load version, could keep guns at 100% through the jury rig perk etc

Yeah, that's one cool thing about New Vegas: Not a single skill or attribute is useless. For example, Barter used to be pretty pointless, but now? Hell ya better quest rewards. And there're dialogue options that play off your skills all the time, and actually accomplish things.

Am I the only person that's hoping for an Area 51 expansion pack for this thing? Come on, it would be absolutely perfect. It's just a few miles north of the location of the game.

Maybe it's because I just finished the new book on Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen. Recommended for history/ political/ conspiracy buffs.

lordmagellan said:
Am I the only person that's hoping for an Area 51 expansion pack for this thing? Come on, it would be absolutely perfect. It's just a few miles north of the location of the game.

Maybe it's because I just finished the new book on Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen. Recommended for history/ political/ conspiracy buffs.

There were aliens in fallout 1 and 2, but as a random encounter and a novelty - more of an easter egg than anything.

I don't think they could do aliens in any large number in fallout, it wouldn't be true to the setting. I haven't played the DLC yet but there's one set out in Utah has something to do with Joshua Graham former legate of the legion, aka the burned man. Might be cool.

Would love the next chapter in Fallout but I'm pretty sure that'll be on hold til Skyrim and all it's DLC are done.

Jupiter551 said:
lordmagellan said:

There were aliens in fallout 1 and 2, but as a random encounter and a novelty - more of an easter egg than anything.

I don't think they could do aliens in any large number in fallout, it wouldn't be true to the setting. I haven't played the DLC yet but there's one set out in Utah has something to do with Joshua Graham former legate of the legion, aka the burned man. Might be cool.

Would love the next chapter in Fallout but I'm pretty sure that'll be on hold til Skyrim and all it's DLC are done.

Three had the expansion, 'Mother Ship Zeta' that was all aliens, on a ship, that you took over. I loved that one, actually. And New Vegas has them if you use the wild wasteland setting. But I wasn't necessarily talking about aliens, just Area 51. I'd imagine it could be done as huge add-on like Shivering Isles was for Oblivion.

Very first tattoo I did with my 1st machine! Hurt a lot, but well worth it! Been playing since the original in the 90's, and consider myself a major trivia geek LOL! Ive put too many hours of my life into this but it never gets old! ;)
Im also the clumsiest thing that ever walked hence the agility!

Attachments

• 37624_414250319546_503669546_4474274_3439009_n.jpg
    37624_414250319546_503669546_4474274_3439009_n.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 100
AlaraXxXlove said:
Very first tattoo I did with my 1st machine! Hurt a lot, but well worth it! Been playing since the original in the 90's, and consider myself a major trivia geek LOL! Ive put too many hours of my life into this but it never gets old! ;)
OMG that is sooo cool you ROCK!! :h: I have often thought of getting a fallout tattoo but there are too many adorable vaultboy's to choose from. :notworthy:

Reactions: AlaraXxXlove
RoseDreams said:
AlaraXxXlove said:
OMG that is sooo cool you ROCK!! :h: I have often thought of getting a fallout tattoo but there are too many adorable vaultboy's to choose from. :notworthy:

I know what you mean! My next choice would have been the classic thumbs up! :thumbleft:

I get a lot of grief for this, but I find myself to be a proud member of the legion. Think about it... There are at least 10 NCR soilders to every legionary so that equals 1) more of a challenge, 2) More EXP, 3) More, and better, item drops from the more well armed NCR, and 4) Kick ass game play! Also, you can't ignore the fact that you have access to an endless supply of stealth boys! The legion safe house, twice a week, is a haven of supplys, ammo, you name it. Plus, who wouldn't want to run around the desert in armor!? That's the same reason that in Fallout 3 I killed the samurai on the Mothership... I WANT ARMOR! .-o-.

Reactions: AlaraXxXlove
Peccato said:
I get a lot of grief for this, but I find myself to be a proud member of the legion. Think about it... There are at least 10 NCR soilders to every legionary so that equals 1) more of a challenge, 2) More EXP, 3) More, and better, item drops from the more well armed NCR, and 4) Kick ass game play! Also, you can't ignore the fact that you have access to an endless supply of stealth boys! The legion safe house, twice a week, is a haven of supplys, ammo, you name it. Plus, who wouldn't want to run around the desert in armor!? That's the same reason that in Fallout 3 I killed the samurai on the Mothership... I WANT ARMOR! .-o-.
Funny. I was just going to join for the slavery and crucifixions.

I just purchased Honest hearts and old world blues expansion.

Honest hearts: Very quick, not a really good story, some interesting weapons (but nothing spectacular), and the evil return of yao gai's, oh, and I didnt mention, THEY ARE GIANT!

Old world blues: FUCKIN' AWESOME! I'm only half way through it, but it has great action, amazing weapons, amazing armor, and just fun times.

Right now you can get both of them for $20. (their 800pts a piece and it's like 19.99 for 1600 pts)

Peccato said:

I agree, my second playthrough I did hardcore mode legion, melee/unarmed only, and had a blast.

First time around I killed House, killed the Legate, used the robots for myself and threw the NCR general off the hoover dam as an example lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.