AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fan Twitter Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are other apps that do this too. But for Android one I use is called Night Clock. Just run the app each night when you're ready for bed. It displays a big clock, but it also silences all notifications. No need to change settings. Just exit out in the morning and you're back to normal.

That's now built-in into Android as well (I think since L) - it's under 'Sound and notification'. I've set mine to always go silent from 10PM till 8AM and only allow calls from my contacts to actually make any noise. Saves me from the coworkers on the other side of the planet that forget that timezones exist and try to IM me at 5AM...

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
Within twitter's settings, you can also turn on and off notifications for individual events, including likes. It honestly never occurred to me to consider whether the tweeter might be asleep before liking or retweeting something. I agree that liking every single photo is creepy though.

OH OH! I've got one! Don't reply to multiple tweets nor send DMs to models who don't know you. If you've never chatted in their room or here on ACF (or obviously other similar places), don't respond to every tweet of hers like you're BFFs. It's creepy. I, personally, don't like the mental image of someone thinking we're super cool close buddies when I don't know them. Like they know everything about me/my room, but have never spoken to me otherwise? I imagine a peeping tom looking in my windows every night then stalking me every day. It's weird, 'mkay?

Within twitter's settings, you can also turn on and off notifications for individual events, including likes. It honestly never occurred to me to consider whether the tweeter might be asleep before liking or retweeting something. I agree that liking every single photo is creepy though.
Every time I read about people being annoyed at Twitter notifications blasting on their phone, I wonder if they don't realize that's something you can turn off... :)

If you've never chatted in their room or here on ACF (or obviously other similar places), don't respond to every tweet of hers like you're BFFs.
Yeah... so I know most people who do this are just trying to be nice and friendly, but it is so damned awkward when someone you don't even know says something like "Oh I'm sorry you're sick, take all the time you need, we understand." wat.whoareyoueven.

If you've never chatted in their room or here on ACF (or obviously other similar places), don't respond to every tweet of hers like you're BFFs.
Yeah... so I know most people who do this are just trying to be nice and friendly, but it is so damned awkward when someone you don't even know says something like "Oh I'm sorry you're sick, take all the time you need, we understand." wat.whoareyoueven.

I wonder if it could be someone who visits your room but uses a different name on Twitter and they don't even realize you don't know who they are lol

I wonder if it could be someone who visits your room but uses a different name on Twitter and they don't even realize you don't know who they are lol
Most times my curiosity kills me and I ask what their MFC name is. Majority of the time their response indicates they are not even an MFC member, or one whom has never participated. Sometimes (as was the case recently) the name they give is not in the least bit familiar, but upon searching them in tip history end up being someone tipping like 10 tokens once in 6+ years lol.

Most times my curiosity kills me and I ask what their MFC name is. Majority of the time their response indicates they are not even an MFC member, or one whom has never participated. Sometimes (as was the case recently) the name they give is not in the least bit familiar, but upon searching them in tip history end up being someone tipping like 10 tokens once in 6+ years lol.
My most recent one is a guy who is a basic. And has told me that he has no intentions of upgrading. It was annoying the fuck out of me to see a response to every tweet that I made, so I finally just blocked him. If there are literally no advantages of you* watching/interacting with me on Twitter (advantages being: tips to pay bills, chat to make room more friendly and encourage other tips, or you're hilarious as hell), then you obviously don't understand how camming works, and I'm not losing anything by you not being around.

*In general, you. Not specified to anyone reading this.

I've always wondered why some guys feel compelled to retweet posts that are more than a few days old. I mean, situations where the original tweet was time oriented...like "Joe Blo won my free vacation to Philadelphia," and it's retweeted for months.

Yeah. I've seen a quite of RTs from a member about a model logging on a week ago.

Reactions: Nordling
you can set up iphone for nite/sleep mode also

That's now built-in into Android as well (I think since L) - it's under 'Sound and notification'. I've set mine to always go silent from 10PM till 8AM and only allow calls from my contacts to actually make any noise.

Within twitter's settings, you can also turn on and off notifications for individual events, including likes

I usually don't have a set sleep schedule. Just whenever I get tired enough I go to bed. So setting a set time in the tablet/phone itself means I'd have to adjust that timing pretty much every 'night' I go to sleep. That's why I kind of like the app that turns off notifications. It's easier just to run it whenever I finally want to sleep and turn it off when I wake up.

I used to use Facebook and Twitter phone apps, but I got rid of the Twitter app and just use the FB one. Twitter is not as important to me, so it's a program I can just wait 'til I'm back at my computer to use. And I keep the Wi-Fi and cellular data OFF on my phone unless I want to do something at that moment requiring internet...like having a FB Messenger convo with someone while I'm out at the store, or doing the PerkTV app (earn points for watching movie trailers and give a thumbs up or thumbs down rating).

Reactions: LadyLuna
I would throw my phone out the window if I had twitter notifications turned on.

Yeah. I've seen a quite of RTs from a member about a model logging on a week ago.

This sometimes happens because the guy likes the picture accompanying the tweet, but it's still kinda "huh what"

Reactions: DuoShi
I really dislike this, unless they told me beforehand that it's them. It seems disingenuous. If a real life friend got a new fb account with no picture or identifying information about them, and started chatting you up like you're best friends, without telling you who they are, it would be weird, right? It's the exact same thing to me. If someone is using a different alias to correspond with me, they shouldn't be surprised if I treat them like a different person.

I've noticed new Twitter followers doing this same thing with my "I'm online now!" tweets (from several days ago), and it's just so strange to me!

Reactions: DuoShi
I've noticed new Twitter followers doing this same thing with my "I'm online now!" tweets (from several days ago), and it's just so strange to me!
Then again, as annoying as it is to see them in your timeline and click it thinking you're going to her room while she's live... RTs of my BAF link are always appreciated. More exposure to get another signup and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.