AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. (Juicer advice)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
I plan to start a 60 day juice fast at the beginning of June. The motivation for this fast was gained after watching, 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. a film by Joe Cross, that documents his 60 day fast and trip across the U.S. http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

I will need to buy a juicer in the next two weeks and hoped I might get some input about juicers. I know that I will need to spend a least $100 but would like to stay under $200. I have done a little research, but there are so many it keeps crashing my flash. Any advice would be appreciated.

This model probably isn't sold any longer but it's the one I've been using for over 20 years and I've never had a breakdown. It's an Oster. (the photo isn't mine but it's the exact same model) I'd look for ruggedness and price over other considerations.

M3eG5.jpg

Reactions: camstory
Whatever you decide on, take into consideration the ease of cleaning and disassembly. No matter how many times I do it, it always seems to be tedious when compared to other kitchen gadgets. I've had mine since the juicing fad hit late night tv those years ago. What I have learned.... its a damned expensive lifestyle if you dont live on a producing farm. I'd rather eat the entire veggie or fruit anyway and not waste the fiber benefit. Lastly, after you figure out the make n model, go ebay and grab it there instead of retail. There are usually tons of them available in almost pristine condition. :twocents-02cents:

Nordling said:
This model probably isn't sold any longer but it's the one I've been using for over 20 years and I've never had a breakdown. It's an Oster. (the photo isn't mine but it's the exact same model) I'd look for ruggedness and price over other considerations.

M3eG5.jpg
I don't know exactly how to define it, other than saying, it has the look of a thing built to last. I can feel the weight of it from here. I guess it was great feat of genius, but it is a shame that they figured out the profitability of planed obsolescents.

SoTxBob said:
Whatever you decide on, take into consideration the ease of cleaning and disassembly. No matter how many times I do it, it always seems to be tedious when compared to other kitchen gadgets. :twocents-02cents:
Yea this is a major concern, b/c I have heard the best can be a chore, and the worst will set you off juice for good.
What I have learned.... its a damned expensive lifestyle if you dont live on a producing farm.
Got that covered mostly. I have the hook up with the local Trader Joe's. They push more quality food at me than I often can use. Hmm :think: wonder if that has anything to do with the fact I weigh 18 stone.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Oh, and never put the leavings/pulp in the waste disposal. I plugged up my sink twice before I learned.

If you have a garden, the pulp makes great mulch or compost.

Another use: throw some of the pulp into baked goods like cakes...makes an "unhealthy" cake rich in fiber. :)

Well thanks guys. I guess its the Hamilton Beach. This is great Boce, I get to be lazy and now if I have and regrets, I can kick at the ground and mumble, " its all that Boce fault" :lol:

We just bought the Breville Juice Fountain Plus today because of great reviews, ease of cleaning, and price point (about $150 most places). Then i learned that it was the one Joe uses in the documentary. It's being shipped, and we're ready to start juicing :D Let me know how things go for you, camstory!

http://www.brevilleusa.com/juice-founta ... e98xl.html

Personally id go with a Magic Bullet myself. Its not a juicer exactly but you can throw every thing in it and still get all the fiber, nutrients, et,c stuff that way. Yes you have to cut out the apple seeds and such but thats not a big deal to me as most juicers require you cut up large fruit any way.
Plus i can make other stuff with it and use it as a food processor if i choose. They even have accessories now and you can use the magic bullet glasses as cups of yummies to-go. Lids and every thing. Clean up super easy too. Just wash your damn cup which you would be doing anyway with a juicer. The prices are great and well with in your budget.

If youre set on a juicer only i would actually get a Jack LaLanne one. Yup infomercial one. I have a few friends with them and all say it works just as it does on TV. Able to put every thing in it and gets out a whole bunch of juice and very lil pulp ever left and easy to clean. Even at Bed and bath they arent super expensive any more.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sea...58&adpos=1t3&gclid=CMGwxdzBiLACFUyb7QodQzLTOA

I love my magic bullet too !! :woops: Oh lord.. that sounds like a camgirl toy endorsement now doesn't it? :lol: :lol:

When no ones around and I don't want to mess with the big machine, my fav uses are quick smoothies, margaritas and fresh salsa. :dance: Party time anyone?

MMM yes the salsa is amazing. And i can make it a lil runny how i like it. lol. Its definitely worth the money. Plus easy home made Broc and Cheese soup. Great now im hungry lol.

SophiaLocke said:
We just bought the Breville Juice Fountain Plus today because of great reviews, ease of cleaning, and price point (about $150 most places). Then i learned that it was the one Joe uses in the documentary. It's being shipped, and we're ready to start juicing :D Let me know how things go for you, camstory!

Thanks Sophia, I am curious how you found out it was the type Joe used? I watched the doc a couple of times and I don't think he says there. It also was not real obvious on his site, or maybe it was and I didn't look carefully enough.

When I start, I am going to post somewhere. Maybe here, maybe daily thoughts, but then post a weekly update. Maybe lbs lost (though that's not my main focus), how I'm feeling, and my outlook on making it to day 60. If I set myself to it, I will do it. On the other hand if I start having days that bailing seems like an option, the fact that potentially some are watching can't hurt. Thanks again.

camstory said:
SophiaLocke said:

Thanks Sophia, I am curious how you found out it was the type Joe used? I watched the doc a couple of times and I don't think he says there. It also was not real obvious on his site, or maybe it was and I didn't look carefully enough.

When I start, I am going to post somewhere. Maybe here, maybe daily thoughts, but then post a weekly update. Maybe lbs lost (though that's not my main focus), how I'm feeling, and my outlook on making it to day 60. If I set myself to it, I will do it. On the other hand if I start having days that bailing seems like an option, the fact that potentially some are watching can't hurt. Thanks again.

On his reboot your life site (jointhereboot.com), go to the FAQ tab and click "Store FAQs." It's the top right question :) i've been considering posting my progress too. M got the "okay" to start this plan from His doctor after being in the hospital for heart issues. It was really scary and gave Him a serious wake up call about His health. i'm looking to be more healthy and lose weight, too. We live a pretty sedentary lifestyle and eat out a lot, so hopefully this will be a shift in the right direction.

The Breville is an awesome beast !! I find myself actively trying to explore new things to run through it just to see if the juice is even palatable. For me, its more for fun than any sort of purge or lifestyle change. I love a tall icy glass of pineapple, orange apple with a nice juicy cheeseburger.

I saw a juicer infomercial the other night that was a blender type. Had people sitting around a huge table while a guy told them that if they drank juice from this juicer it would cure cancer or something. I liked it cause it blended the fiber and all which is the good stuff in fruits and vegies.

I saw the video you're talking about like 7 or 8 months ago and thought it was a great idea if you take the weight loss and change your life. Cause no diet alone is going to work in the long term. Cause you go ON diets sooner or later you go OFF them. You have to eat the right stuff and exercise or eat the wrong stuff and do more exercise lol. So while I liked the video and was glad to see the truck driver he helped, if the guy went back to his old life style it didn't do him any good in the long run. Him sleeping was some scary shit wasn't it?

I need to get a juicer cause I HATE vegetables and yes I have tried them all ways you can think of and I just HATE them. I don't dislike the Fusion fruit/veg blend drinks you can by I just don't care for the 3 flavors they have. I haven't tried the one for kids so no idea if they are good. So I thought if I got a juicer I could blend my own and get what I need that way.

Good luck on your juice adventure and keep us updated or just me through a PM lol And when I look at the juicer of Nording's I can't help but think its russian made lol.

I watched this documentary last year, bought a Breville juicer online that night and have been juicing ever since! I got a model that is both a juicer and a blender because I LOVE fruit smoothies and needed a blender anyway. It is extremely easy to use and clean. The Mean Green juice is my absolutely favorite:

http://www.jointhereboot.com/index.php? ... 95&lang=en

xoxo,
Kitty

KittyWilde said:
I watched this documentary last year, bought a Breville juicer online that night and have been juicing ever since! I got a model that is both a juicer and a blender because I LOVE fruit smoothies and needed a blender anyway. It is extremely easy to use and clean. The Mean Green juice is my absolutely favorite:

xoxo,
Kitty

Do you just drink the juice or do you eat food as well? You always look fabulous so this is inspiring!

This is the one I talked about before. NutriBullet the reviews I read is it works but sometimes the seals suck so you should buy them from a store so you can return/exchange it. Again I like this because there is no "pulp" spitting out one side with the juice coming out the other. Wally world has it too =)

SophiaLocke said:
KittyWilde said:

xoxo,
Kitty

Do you just drink the juice or do you eat food as well? You always look fabulous so this is inspiring!

Awww, thank you. :) Unfortunately, with my recent move to Chicago I haven't been as strict with my diet because there is so much good food here! I need to get back on track ASAP. Last year I spent a solid couple of months juicing and trying their recipes and I can honestly say I have never felt better. I've also been a vegetarian for 11+ years so it wasn't too big of a stretch for me. haha I could see it being a little more challenging for people who want some kind of meat with their meal. Of course, there's nothing that says you can't add some lean meat like fish or chicken to the recipes. Salmon and tuna are great sources of protein, if you like fish.

Bocefish said:
Ewwwwww... salmon and tuna juice sounds really disgusting to me, blegh. I really enjoy the taste of both those fish cooked and on the plate, but I'd probably puke if I drank them in juice form. :dontknow:

:lol: I actually just bought a juicer yesterday and FILLED my fridge with fruits, vaggies and berries! I'm super excited to get a little healthier.

:lol: Not to assume but I think Kitty meant to add chicken or fish to the menu or meal and not to actually throw them in the juicer. That would be very gross. lol

JoleneJolene said:
:lol: I actually just bought a juicer yesterday and FILLED my fridge with fruits, vaggies and berries! I'm super excited to get a little healthier.
silly woman...if you wanna get healthier...you fill your belly with fruits and veggies not your fridge lol :hello2:

JoleneJolene said:
I actually just bought a juicer yesterday and FILLED my fridge with fruits, vaggies and berries!
JJ, you wouldn't happen to be related to the Dahmer family by any chance? :eek: Berry covered vaggies emmm yummy. :lol:

Thank you all for your input. I own the Magic Bullet, and am impressed with now much it works as (infomercial) advertised. The NutriBullet looks to be a bit sturdier, and a little larger, but I worry about the sort of use I will be giving it. Also its ability to juice less blender friendly hard veggies like carrots.

I am pretty well sold on the Breville and very excited about getting started. I have even taken some pics of a few things I have been planing to sell on e-bay that I hope to get listed as soon as I am done here. Three day auction, with any luck I can have (Hate even typing it) pay-pal$ enough to buy a Breville and have it on the way before the first.

With the camera out, I thought about documenting this adventure. In front of the mirrored closet door my profile is not much different from that of Joe's in his before shots. Could I really share that with every one? Cam's a bit of a weirdo. Accepting that was tough, - still is sometimes, but a fat weirdo?

Well if there was a after photo to show a much more trim Cam, then I think I could handle it. (Question remains whether any one else could.)

Fact is, I'm much more concerned with my health, than my gut. I understand that these are directly related, but if I focus on the health the gut will diminish as it follows. At this stage I'm not looking to impress any one with beauty. If you decide to like CamStory, that's great. It's probably partly b/c you love reading so much for reading sake, that some extra doesn't bother you, and it might be b/c of some fascination with eccentricity. But it almost surely wont be b/c I'm pretty, - before or after!

Again thank you all. I am glad this thread has become a little more than, "what juicer should I get". It would be nice to see it continue, becoming a thread where more than a few, might post their continued progress toward better health.

I'll kick this off!
I started my juice fast last night with a fruit, berry and VAGGIE blend.
Kiwi, blueberries, apples, carrots, strawberries and grapes! super yummy! I also had that for breakfast! I've had more energy today than I'm used to.
About 5 minutes ago I had my first green juice for dinner. I don't have a recipe book yet so I just kinda made it up.
Bok choy, cucumber, radishes, spinach, carrots, a key lime (two next time) and celery.
I'll be adding ginger and kale on my next store run.
I can definitely feel my body protesting a bit more with this one but it's no worse than the normal slug effect I get from my normal heavy meal.

I've been peeing every 10 minutes all day... :shifty:
I'm super excited to start juicing my own home grown stuff once my garden kicks off. :-D

THANK YOU JJ!

camstory said:
THANK YOU JJ!
No thank you! Such a coincidence you started this thread right as I decided to do it. It will be good to have others to talk to and maybe even share blends!
I'll drag Lucy in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.