AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favorite video games

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What is your favourite video game

Jupiter551 said:
Well the way I saw it was that you can have a game with a broad range of character customisation and freedom with a fairly basic plot, OR you can have a game with a detailed, intricate plot with a character pre-made that is deeply involved in the plot. That's how I saw it anyway.

I agree. Heavy Rain had no character customization, but damn it had an unbelievable story. Another great game I loved was Day of the Tentacle.

1S7EQ.jpg

Reactions: Mitchie Lynn

Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh. I got it for my birthday last year from a friend who had been going on and on about it. It is the hardest puzzle game I've ever played not to mention scary as hell. Still need to find a way to beat it.

valkyhria said:
games_morrowindgotyfeatr.jpg

So much of my high school life was spent in that game. Also, I just started up playing it again. The modding community for it has done some amazing things with its graphics.
I agree except...the people and monsters still look horrid lol.

I think my biggest problem with going back and replaying old games that I loved is that the UI is often HORRIBLE. No hotkeys, limited mouse use, etc.

I just started WoW and it's quickly becoming my favorite :)

Reactions: Rose

MrRodry said:
2exuz.jpg

Shadow of the Colossus.

I love that game. I just wish their had some voice acting and a couple of villages in the game would have been nice. I had a book that told you every way to attack each colossus. I don't think I would have beaten the game if I didn't have that.

Dragon Age: Origins or Mass Effect 2 have seen the most playtime and playthroughs from me.

Choosing one favorite? That's tough. I think I'll have to go with Skyrim. I'm sure I'll get 300 hours out of it, easily. Oblivion was probably the game I spent the most time in previously, but Skyrim is much better.

the Metal Gear series are my favorite games of all time could play them all day through. another favorite is the uncharted series and the tomb raider series eventhough some were horrible to play.

Couldn't pick just one, and alot of my "favourites" are informed more by nostalgia than the relative quality of the game, buuuuuuut...

Resident Evil/Resident Evil 2 - I heart these games hard. Then AND now. I would have been about 12 when I played the first one and remember being blown the fuck away by the graphics. Back then, I didn't realise that by using static, pre-rendered backgrounds, it was easier to make them look good and stuff. I was easily impressed.
I loved the story, I loved blowing the heads off of Zombies, the Hunters scared the poop out of me, the giant Spiders gave me the heebie jeebies and I thought Jill Valentine was hot (you know, for a collection of conputer generated polygons).
These days, in addition to the nostalgia, I love the game's use of camera angles. The fixed camera was no doubt born of necessity, but the awesome and weird camera angles they use give the whole thing a Hitchcock-ian vibe and keep moaning enemies just out of sight - hearing something moaning around the corner but not beaing able to see it is still kinda creepy. I also dig the doors/loading screens. Again, born of necessity, but fucking genius. Not only do they disguide the loading times and create the illusion of a smooth-running game, they also heighten the tension - not knowing what's on the other side of the door with only a few bullets left in the clip = awesome.
The sequel looked and played even better than the first. It was bigger, more ambitious, told a more intricate story, and I loved every second of it.

Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX - I love me some classic Final Fantasy. Probably the greatest consecutive three-game-run in any video game series ever. As much as I'm starting to enjoy Final Fantasy XIII-2, I long for the day they go back to the formula used in the three PSOne era games.

WWF No Mercy - Best. Wrestling. Game. Ever. If you don't like wrestling, then you were never gonna like No Mercy. If you did (or if you do), then No Mercy was (or is) the game for you. I loved the fact that the matches implemeted actual wrestling psychology. Different moves damaged different body parts. If say, you were playing with Kurt Angle (whose "finishing move" was the Ankle Lock), then you'd wanna target the leg/foot and wear it down in preparation for your finishing move. Using leg locks and kneebreakers and dropkicking your opponents leg until they're limping around the ring on borrowed time before locking in that Ankle Lock and watching them tap like a bitch was the most satisfying thing ever.

Metal Gear Solid - I love the sequels (to varying degrees), but the original is still the best. It's the game that transcended video games! The depth of the story and the cinematic delivery of that story was a thing of beauty; the gameplay and the choices presented to the player regarding how they played the game (sneak around like a ninja or shoot the fuck out of everyone you see) presented more than one way to go about things; graphically, it was revolutionary; Snake is maybe the most bad-ass computer game character of all time; and the stuff with PsychoMantis (being asked to place your controller on the floor and then crapping yourself when he "makes it move through the power of psychic ability" or the game tricking you into thinking your TV has broke) was just fucking inspired.

Yeah, I'm a giant nerd :geek:

Reactions: sorrowfool

For me it's between Halo (if I have to choose from the series, the first one) and Final Fantasy VIII.

Both games I've played countless hours. Both games I absolutely adore and can play over and over.

One of my regulars is always a butt and tells new people in my room that I hate Halo and that they should talk to me about how much it sucks. And then I spend like 10 minutes ranting about how he's a British asshat. :p

Nintendo: Gunsmoke
Tiny Toon Adventures

Super Nintendo: Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

This thread is making me wanna get out my Logitech game controller and play some of these games on my computer (using the simulator). :-D

MrRodry said:
2exuz.jpg

Shadow of the Colossus.
You have no idea how hard it is to find that game for the PS2 in good condition with no scratches. I've only seen it used in poor quality. I know it's on the PS3 in a two pack in a HD collection. But I'd rather have it for the PS2 for how significant the game was in the success of the PS2. The only way I'd buy the HD collection for it is if I can never find it on the PS2 in satisfactory condition.

More on topic I will say best system ever would be the PSX. If not for the first PS video gaming consoles and games wouldn't be any where near where they are today. It opened the gates for many successful series and newer games. So many fun games, so many hours played, so much fun had.

Doom III. I spent countless hours becoming one of the top players when I was like 12 lol, a close second is definitely Borderlands.

throughout the years, I've logged the most hours on
WoW
Counter-Strike
Civ 3 and 4

the games I'm most nostalgic for are
Heroes of Might and Magic 2
Mega Man

does Tetris on my phone count?

SimplySara said:
Zelda Orcarina Of Time for N64 FTW!
Donkey Kong Country for SNES is also the tits

I miss the days when game developers focused on game play and not graphics!

I bought an old N64 off ebay last month specifically to play Zelda! I've been at the entrance to the water temple for half a week now - I just have to summon up the energy and extreme mental strength needed for it lol :D

Reactions: SimplySara

Jupiter551 said:
valkyhria said:
games_morrowindgotyfeatr.jpg

So much of my high school life was spent in that game. Also, I just started up playing it again. The modding community for it has done some amazing things with its graphics.
I agree except...the people and monsters still look horrid lol.

Really? I think the Better Faces and Better Bodies mods made Morrowind graphics better than those shit-for-faces in Oblivion.

I was addicted to mods when I played Morrowind. OBSESSED. I spent hours and hours and hours downloading content to make the game look better, run faster, be more interesting...I have no idea what the original game is like. o_O I love that game so hard.

My favorites would have to be Morrowind, We :h: Katamari, and House of the Dead for arcade. And Ms. Pacman. And Ocarina of Time. and Left4Dead.

NerdgasmGirl said:
My favorite is Legend of Dragoon. I just keep coming back to that game over and over.
They're releasing it on PSN sometime soon, which is great for me because I never bought it for the PSX so I'll get to play it again.

NES Legend of Zelda. Sure there are ones that are better, but it's hard for me not to go back to the classic timeless adventure. I actually play through it once a year.

Reactions: 1 person

Top 5 Game List

Final Fantasy VI (III) - The First RPG I liked. I had played Phantasy Star on Nintendo years ago, and hated it. In 7th grade I heard some kids talking about the different FF games and told them I hated RPGs. They told me to try FF because they were awesome. Months later I picked up FFVI on a whim. I consider that the day I became a gamer.

Metal Gear Solid - One of the best gaming experiences ever. The story, the graphics, the voice-acting, the gameplay, the presentation... all amazing. MGS2 was good, MGS3 was great, MGS4 was awesome, but none can touch MGS.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Still the best Castlevania game. Not much for story (the voice-acting... yeesh), but it was a fun game to get lost in, huge castle and if you did it right... you were only half done.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Had no interest in the genre, but heard a few good things from a friend. Decided to try it out. Quickly became one of my top favorites. I've probably spent more time playing this game than any other game (besides WoW) with maybe one exception.

Tactics Ogre - After playing FFT, I fell in love with the SRPG genre. This is probably the best game to come from that genre. Amazing story, simple yet extremely deep gameplay, multiple story paths and multiple endings... Much life lost to this game. Anecdotal story: The only time I've ever reacted angrily or "violently" was when playing this game. There is a insanely long dungeon in the game and you can only save every X amount of levels. In SRPGs characters can permanently die, and 5-6 hours into this dungeon one of my main characters died. I could either go back and lose everything I had done all day... or I could lose the character. I chose to "Hulk Smash!" my Playstation. Reasonable reaction, right? Broke my Playstation, my game, my VCR and the tape in the VCR...

Oh lawd...

Fav of all time would have to be Portal and Portal 2. Skyrim, Dragon Age, Assassins Creed(s) and of course FPS's like Call of Duty: Black Ops and Battlefield 3.

Of all time: Without a doubt, every time I have to answer this question, I say Ocarina of Time. I played it over and over and over again (mostly because I didn't have any better games lol).
Right now, I'm playing Fable III and it is soooo sexy. lol, I'm late to the game. But I was caught up in Skyrim and Portal 2.

On second thought, the Portal games might be my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.