AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favorite video games

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What is your favourite video game

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲
░░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲
░░░░░▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲
░░░░▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲
░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓░████████░▓▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░░░██░░██░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓
░░░░░▓▓▓██░░▓▓░░██▓▓▓
░░░░░░▓▓███░▓▓░███▓▓
░░░░░░▓████████████▓
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░████▓▓▓▓████
░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓
░░░░░░░████▓▓▓▓████
░░░░░░░████████████
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓

Just kidding, it's Chrono Trigger. But Ocarina of Time is right up there along with Link's Awakening (so goddamn underrated).

Mirra said:
What? bawksy's not claiming Battletoads? So confused...

Ugh, the hover bike levels were so fucking hard...

Attachments

• battletoadscopy.jpg
    battletoadscopy.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 131

Xenogear - Xenogears features one of the most elaborate stories ever seen in an RPG.

I really really get a kick outta the Fable games.. though i think 3 was hands down the best outta the group so far.. i'm looking forward to seeing if they are going to make anymore.. My husband always groans when a new one comes out because that means he's lsot his xbox and tv until i beat the game..

My toip 5..ever..at the moment...

Download-Free-FIFA-12-Demo-on-PC-and-Xbox-360-Now-2.jpg

The game i played growing up, and still play, right back from 1994, with friends round, online, tis a great game. Back in't day I was in the top 10 in the UK online but dont have the time to put in now

Super_Mario_Kart_snes_ScreenShot1.jpg

An absolute classic, still holds up vs my memories of being a kid which can't be said of many games!

Super%20Mario%20World.gif

As above, perfection

altered_beast.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Box-Art.jpg

Seemed epic at the time, especially with multi-discs!! Many a school chat about what disc you were on!! And the chocabos! entertaining sideline!!

Honourable mentions for Legend of Zelda:A Link to The Past, Modern Warfare 4, Forza Motorsport, Ridge Racer 4 and Championship Manager 99/00!

mynameisbob84 said:
Couldn't pick just one, and alot of my "favourites" are informed more by nostalgia than the relative quality of the game, buuuuuuut...

Resident Evil/Resident Evil 2 - I heart these games hard. Then AND now. I would have been about 12 when I played the first one and remember being blown the fuck away by the graphics. Back then, I didn't realise that by using static, pre-rendered backgrounds, it was easier to make them look good and stuff. I was easily impressed.
I loved the story, I loved blowing the heads off of Zombies, the Hunters scared the poop out of me, the giant Spiders gave me the heebie jeebies and I thought Jill Valentine was hot (you know, for a collection of conputer generated polygons).
These days, in addition to the nostalgia, I love the game's use of camera angles. The fixed camera was no doubt born of necessity, but the awesome and weird camera angles they use give the whole thing a Hitchcock-ian vibe and keep moaning enemies just out of sight - hearing something moaning around the corner but not beaing able to see it is still kinda creepy. I also dig the doors/loading screens. Again, born of necessity, but fucking genius. Not only do they disguide the loading times and create the illusion of a smooth-running game, they also heighten the tension - not knowing what's on the other side of the door with only a few bullets left in the clip = awesome.
The sequel looked and played even better than the first. It was bigger, more ambitious, told a more intricate story, and I loved every second of it.

And the dialogue. My friends and I laughed our asses off with the "master of unlocking" line and the "I hope this is not Chris' blood" line. Oh, and the first time the Hunter monster appeared my friend and I were screaming "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?!" The RE Remake for the GC was also pretty awesome. Too bad 2, 3 and Code Veronica were just ports of the DC versions.

mynameisbob84 said:
Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX - I love me some classic Final Fantasy. Probably the greatest consecutive three-game-run in any video game series ever. As much as I'm starting to enjoy Final Fantasy XIII-2, I long for the day they go back to the formula used in the three PSOne era games.

FFVII yeah. I wasn't as big on VIII and never played IX. I played me the shit out of FF VI (as FFIII on the SNES in the US), though.

mynameisbob84 said:
WWF No Mercy - Best. Wrestling. Game. Ever. If you don't like wrestling, then you were never gonna like No Mercy. If you did (or if you do), then No Mercy was (or is) the game for you. I loved the fact that the matches implemeted actual wrestling psychology. Different moves damaged different body parts. If say, you were playing with Kurt Angle (whose "finishing move" was the Ankle Lock), then you'd wanna target the leg/foot and wear it down in preparation for your finishing move. Using leg locks and kneebreakers and dropkicking your opponents leg until they're limping around the ring on borrowed time before locking in that Ankle Lock and watching them tap like a bitch was the most satisfying thing ever.

I love you, man. All the AKI developed N64 wrestling games for WCW and WWF on the N64 were insanely great. The controls were so simple, but so effective Plus the 4 player modes were a blast. We used to go back to my place after watching Nitro/RAW at a friend's and play us some 4 player games for hours. Plus the intros, by the time of No Mercy, were absofuckingloutely great for the N64's limited capabilities.

mynameisbob84 said:
Metal Gear Solid - I love the sequels (to varying degrees), but the original is still the best. It's the game that transcended video games! The depth of the story and the cinematic delivery of that story was a thing of beauty; the gameplay and the choices presented to the player regarding how they played the game (sneak around like a ninja or shoot the fuck out of everyone you see) presented more than one way to go about things; graphically, it was revolutionary; Snake is maybe the most bad-ass computer game character of all time; and the stuff with PsychoMantis (being asked to place your controller on the floor and then crapping yourself when he "makes it move through the power of psychic ability" or the game tricking you into thinking your TV has broke) was just fucking inspired.

I can agree on the first MGS. But after that, I think they went downhill. Mostly because of how short they really were if you skipped all the cut scenes/CODEC transmissions. My brother and I did MGS2 in like 25 hours. Then we went through and did it skipping everything we could. The game was only about 5 hours long, and that was hitting X a trillion times during CODEC transmissions (so you still had to sit through them, somewhat). So, pretty much, even if you hadn't already beaten it, if you were competent at games, and skipped everything you could, it would have been a less than 10 hour game.

In fact, I have had MGS4 for like 2 years. And I still haven't beaten it. I think I'm only on like the second or third stage/area. But I have already sat through like an hour and a half of cut scenes/CODEC.

mynameisbob84 said:
Yeah, I'm a giant nerd :geek:

Me too.

Let's see, this is a hard one for me, though. The topic in general. I've been playing games for about 3 decades or so. So there's a lot of gaming memories to choose from.

Let's go back and see...

Atari 2600: Pitfall. I loved that game. And the sound of you swinging on vines was great.

NES: I would have to say Castlevania III, Base Wars ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_Wars }, or Battletoads.

SNES: There were soooo many good games on the SNES. Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat II, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country... too hard to think of a true absolute favorite.

PSOne: I think the game I played the most was Twisted Metal 2. But I also did the FFVII, MGS/MGS2 (never did 3), Monster Hunter (I actually LOVE this game, using game and music CDs to make monsters was so much fun). There were a few others I can't think of right now. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and THPS2.

N64: All the AKI wrestling games. Ocarina of Time. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. Super Smash Brothers. GoldenEye. Again, a bunch I really enjoyed.

DreamCast: I didn't have a ton of games for my DreamCast. I got it after it dropped to $99. But I loved Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Crazy Taxi. PowerStone. Jet Grind Radio. Oh, and I loved how quirky Seaman was.

PS2: GTA Vice City, I played the SHIT out of this game for so long, even after beating it. The 80s music and feel, plus Ray Liota made this game a must own. I had a lot of games for my PS2, but I really only played GTA: Vice City and San Andreas a ton. Oh and some of the THPS games on it, too.

GameCube: Tales of Symphonia. Skies of Arcadia: Legends. Both Zelda games (yes, I adored Wind Waker, too). Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, and II. REmake and RE4 (Jesus I loved RE4). Def Jam Vendetta and Fight for NY (both made by AKI).

Xbox: Unreal Championship II: The Liandri Conflict (this game was so much better than Halo 2, in so many ways, but because of Halo 2, it underperformed). Links 2004. Top Spin. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. The original Halo. Jet Set Radio Future. Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Xbox 360: Gears of War series. Assassin's Creed series. Batman Arkham Asylum and City. Dead Space and Dead Space 2. Skate, Skate 2... Skate 3 not as much. Halo Reach. Skyrim.

PS3: Mortal Kombat, The Uncharted series. Killzone 3 Multiplayer.

Yes, I love Mortal Kombat...

It took me forever to choose what my current favorite game is since my tastes in games change all the damn time. I finally chose Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Now, I've never actually played this game since it's a horror/puzzle/survival game. If it's one thing that makes me NOPE really hard, is horror games. What's terrible is that I'm really fascinated by them.

Anyway, I went on youtube and watched two full play throughs of this game and I still nearly shat my pants just by watching the game but I loved it. The people of Frictional Games are either slightly demented or just really awesome.

So, I mentioned before that my favorite game of all time is Legend of Dragoon. Well, when I saw that Morment had mentioned it was on sale on PSN I jumped on it. And I've already logged over 36hrs on it in about a week and a half. Well...I got to one of those moments where you just know this is why I love this game and I thought I'd share:

Av9dG8YCMAAL0EX.jpg:large

Fist ass, bb? :lol:

i love rpg type of games (FF ,Dragon quest etc...) but if you ask me my fav one i have to say
Jet Set Radio on Dreamcast
music,gameplay i love everything in this game :pray:

Does The Sims 3 count? :oops: Second would have to be Alice: Madness Returns

Reactions: SatanJonez
Ooh. Zombie thread of lists! Let's see.... In absolutely no particular order:

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Gran Turismo (the first one)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (the first one)
The Secret of Evermore
Chrono Trigger
Everquest
All of the Elder Scrolls games (Yeah, it's kind of a cop-out to lump them all together, but it's hard to choose.)
Sid Meier's Civilization III
Galactic Civilizations II
Heroes of Might and Magic III

Racing, roleplaying, and turn-based strategy for me.

Honourable Mentions: Bioshock Infinite, Super Mario 3, Mass Effect, Sonic The Hedgehog, Mario 64, FIFA 11, Tomb Raider, Double Dragon, Maniac Mansion

10. Uncharted 2
9. Shen Mue
8. Grand Theft Auto 3
7. WWF No Mercy
6. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Bioshock
4. Metal Gear Solid
3. Final Fantasy VII
2. Resident Evil 2
1. Resident Evil

Reactions: Gen
1) Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > Fallout New Vegas > Fallout 3 (in this order)

2) Portal 1 and 2

3) Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2

My favorite console was the SNES by far. 3D is still difficult for me, I guess my brain belongs in the 90s.

Since I switched to Apple I haven't played many console games (Stream crashed on me like 5 times erasing all my games and I decided it was the devil). I do spend a lot of time playing on the iPad, I like quirky games with solid stories and these are my favorites:

1) Sword & Sworcery EP (amazing game)

2) LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias

3) Imaginarium

4) Aquaria

5) Plants Vs. Zombies (hey I am a chick after all)

Tony Hawk 2 and 3
Dead Rising games
Gears of War games
Alan Wake games
Rockband/Guitar Hero games
Left 4 Dead games
Marvel vs Capcom games
Trials HD/Trials Evolution

Reactions: Gen
I don't know if I've played enough to have favourites, but I absolutely love:

Bioshock
Arkham City (not sure if for or despite the super-sultry Catwoman :think:)
Left 4 Dead 2
Journey
The Walking Dead

Not necessarily in order... except Okami and Zelda, they definitely belong at the top, in that order.

Okami
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Diablo/Torchlight series
Minecraft
Final Fantasy IX
Oregon/Yukon Trail :p
Pokemon Crystal
Super Smash Bros (as Pikachu or Link)
Machinarium
Corruption of Champions >.>

...and some others

On my PS3...

Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Red Dead Redemption
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
Alice: Madness Returns
various Need for Speed games

And back when I actually used my PC for gaming...

American McGee's Alice
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Soldier of Fortune (bonus points for nether-region shots, hell yeah! :lol: )

In no particular order.

Final Fantasy Tactics
Super Mario Bros. 3
Chrono Trigger
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy VI
Valkyria Chronicles
Fire Emblem Awakening
The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Fallout 3

emptiedglass said:
On my PS3...

Unreal Tournament

Oh man, now there are two past favorites. I once held a job as a courier in a major metropolitan area, and playing Carmageddon was a form of therapy.

Well....
1. FIFA.
2. NFS.
3. Counter Strike.
4. Max Payne.
5. Call Of Duty.
6. Assassin's Creed.
7. Hitman.
8. GTA.

And I think that's all... My laptop can't support a game.. and I don't have a console....

Take care xoxo

zippypinhead said:
emptiedglass said:
On my PS3...

Unreal Tournament

Oh man, now there are two past favorites. I once held a job as a courier in a major metropolitan area, and playing Carmageddon was a form of therapy.

I actually installed Carmageddon 2 on my system a while back, but it didn't recognize my onboard audio.
It sucks, because the sounds are half the fun!

I don't think I'll ever stop playing Rock Band and Left 4 Dead 2 until they come out with newer versions on the next gen consoles of course. Killing zombies and rocking out to your favorite songs never gets old.

1. Genesis Sonic Series (1, 2, 3, S&K, Spinball)
2. Super Mario Land
3. Super Mario World
4. Original Halo Trilogy
5. Forza Series
6. Super Street Fighter 2
7. Marvel vs Capcom Series (even 3)
8. Most of the Tony Hawk Series
9. Skate Series
10. Coolboarders 3/Amped 2/SSX 3

01. The Legend of Zelda (NES)
02. Tetris - Atari Arcade
03. Final Fantasy 2-US SNES Version (Final Fantasy IV-JPN)
04. Team Fortress 2 - Steam
05. Puyo Puyo - Deamcast
06. Phantasy Star 2 - Genesis
07. Final Fantasy 7 - PSX
08. Borderlands - PC
09. Warcraft 2 / Starcraft - PC
10. Secret World - PC

1. Chrono Trigger
2. The Last Of Us
3. Super Mario 3
4. Capcom vs. SNK
5. Super Mario World
6. Twisted Metal 2
7. WoW (mainly BC/WotLK)
8. GTA IV
9. GTA V
10. Secret of Evermore

1. Magical Drop III
2. Final Fantasy VII
3. Sonic 2
4. Galaga
5. House of the dead (series)
6. Alpha Mission II
7. Twinkle Star Sprites
8. pump it up series
9. King of Fighters 96
10. Super Mario (series)

(wow no modern games at all... bioshock infinite was pretty wonderful)

Reactions: Nordling
Status
Not open for further replies.