AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Few questions! Help is much appreciated

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2017
hey there!

So for the last couple months I've been thinking about cam modeling. Currently have a full time job but just want extra spending money and what not.. nothing I'll be taking seriously. I just want some beginners insight. My biggest concern is my friends and/or family knowing I'm doing it. And also does one HAVE to get naked to actually make good money? Obv I know it helps but I'm just super concerned about naked photos/videos of me flying around the internet. I've done modeling in the past so I'm okay with being half naked for sure but just not fully. Any advice/insight is appreciated!! :) thanks

As for people finding out, just remember that whatever you share on the internet is out there forever. The more successful you are, the better the chances are of people finding you. You do not need to get naked as long as you can hold members' interest, but if you work on an adult cam site, judgemental people will lump you in with all the rest. If that's a huge concern, camming may not be for you.

I have to admit that i was pretty worried about people finding out at first. Eventually i just told most of the people close to me that i knew would love me either way. I cant speak about being a non nude model. Not sure if that is profitable or not. Camming is a very competitive business. If you decide to be a non nude model you will have to be very creative with getting tips. And if you are worried about being found on the internet then this is a very real concern. I have found myself on multiple websites doing very explicit shows. Unfortunately that feels like a loosing battle and i kinda gave up. But as far as extra cash its a good gig. I make and extra 600 a month working 6 hours a week. I work another full time job as well so im not aching for the cash. I used to put in 25 a week online but i got burnt out really fast. Eventually i will quit dicking around and pick up my game. Tbh after a few months you get accustomed to people seeing you naked. And the idea of people seeing you doing explicit stuff doesn't bother you anymore. If anyone has anything to say my first respone is to ask if they are "fucking me, feeding me or financing me?" They dont have much to say after that.

Reactions: Barbie Belle
So I'm fairly new but I do think I can offer some insight into this :shame:

Obviously taking camming very seriously will dramatically increase the amount you're able to make (mostly because you're going to be wanting to maintain a fanbase, which would be hard to do with casual camming), but if you're just looking for extra cash here and there then I definitely think casual camming could work out for you.

However, I do think that casual camming might kind of require more nudity than more serious, consistent camming. If you only broadcast every one in a while, the people who are going to be visiting your chatroom won't be regulars or fans or anything, and those people are probably going to want to skip straight to the juicy nudity/masturbation stuff. If you're camming very regularly, then you could develop a fanbase who come into your chatroom because they've become attached to you as a person, and those guys will sometimes visit you just to just hear you talk!

I've scoped lots of really successful models who actually NEVER get naked or do cumshows, like some models who will only do as much as topless, and only during private shows!! But like I said, the fans of models like that come to see that model because they've gotten to know her and they love her personality etc.

So if I were you, I'd try to cam very regularly (even if for a short period of time) on a consistent schedule. Things will be slow at first if you don't do a lot of nudity/cumshows but eventually your fans will just want to see your pretty face :cat: Sometimes my fans who really like me as a person will tip me to NOT get naked! Some of them will even just put my chatroom up in the background just to listen to me talk about my day!

Good luck!

Reactions: cherrybomb1111
I think on a public cam site it would be very difficult to cam non-nude. Streamate offers a non-nude category. If you are into female domination, it suits non-nude well, as subs often don't want nude.

Additionally, consider content-making in fetishes or female domination. There are many who do well with non-nude videos and such. Check out manyvids for the tamer fetishes like bubble gum chewing, balloon blowing, or foot worship. Clips4Sale is largely a fetish/femdom site and you can find any category under the sun--check it out to get an idea of what's out there. Clip-making can take a lot of dedication, but it may be something to consider as you will have no pressure to get naked if you don't want to.

Finally consider being a PSO (phone sex operator). Currently the most popular site for this is Niteflirt. You can offer cam listings, but this is completely optional. You can do phone only, and obviously you don't ever have to be seen naked!

Status
Not open for further replies.