AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

finding dinosaur bones. The life of a future paleontologist.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sciencesavvy89

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 14, 2014
Twitter Username
@sciencesavvy89
Chaturbate Username
sciencesavvy
Yesterday, I spent most of my day knuckle and ankle deep splitting cretaceous age volcanic ash and then deciphering between petrified wood and Dino bones. Here are the pictures!

One of thoseach pictures are cycad "palms"

Attachments

• 20141206_111702.jpg
    20141206_111702.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 93
  • 20141206_092452.jpg
    20141206_092452.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 93
Re: finding dinosaur bones. The life of a future paleontolog

I do believe you are my new hero. Congratulations.

what kind of dinosaur do you think it's from? how do paleontologist decide where to excavate?

Reactions: sciencesavvy89

Poker_Babe said:
what kind of dinosaur do you think it's from? how do paleontologist decide where to excavate?

We are not sure at the moment what dino it is or if we will be able to know because we might not have enough pieces to put together and we don't want another Brontosaurus incident again!
And we stumbled on these bones while trying to date some ash in the area, they look very similar to petrified wood, we have taken back some sample to have them dated and we are going to go to the board and see if we can/ or if it necessary to start excavating (as it will be a lot of money and Nevada is cheap)

Jealous, I am. The closest I've ever come to being able to do that has been hunting along a river bed for mosasaur parts. :D

ThunderWeasel said:
Jealous, I am. The closest I've ever come to being able to do that has been hunting along a river bed for mosasaur parts. :D

This is the second time I've found Dino bones, nothing came of the first time. I was with an amateur group of geologist and we found the bones inside a state park so we rushed down to the visitor center because we were geeking out and hyperventilating...OK I was hyperventilating...just me and I'm not ashamed. We get to the visitor center and explain to these, what seemed like, 18 and 19 years kids that were forced to do community service after they stoke KY jelly, that we had made this discovery and they looked at us as if we brought them back fossilized poop (which is everywhere) I'm pretty sure they chucked it and resumed having sex in the back office when we left. Most unclimactic moment of my life.

ThunderWeasel said:
Should have thrown coprolites at their heads. Just sayin.

Or all the petrified wood I didn't steal...

Awe, I was trying to check out your mfc profile, but it came back with mfc saying file not found :crybaby: :icon-cry:

Poker_Babe said:
Awe, I was trying to check out your mfc profile, but it came back with mfc saying file not found :crybaby: :icon-cry:

Profiles.myfreecams.com/savvyscience

Status
Not open for further replies.