AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First days experience feedback and questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2020
Heya here. i just started webcaming a few days ago, I'll try to avoid some obvious questions that have been already asked a hundred times.

First a little bit about me - Started on Saturday. Pretty confident in my equipment (main job in non adult streaming related industry) light and background. Not the hottest girl on the internet but I've seen worse. Using multustream (yeah I know it's bad, but I wanted to get experiences on various sites asap to choose my favorites). Tried Live Jasmin, Stripchat, Chaturbate, Camsoda, and forgot the 5th one but quit it quite fast. usually I had 2 of them open at time, 3 whilet here was really a few people onine monday.

I have no problem with nudity (worked in a stripclub before, but physical contact with customers made me feel bad). A rich experience of erotic roleplay online. I guess I'm kinda soft for webcam, as i don't do anything beside nudes, roleplay and foot play (no penetration, masturbating, lovense). At long term i want to specialize into feetplay and dom, as it's my natural inclinations.

So my first day (saturday) experience was so-so. I've read some online guides, but forgot all of it while I was streaming. Spend a lot of time filling profiles, choosing pics, and ended to be online for 5 hours only. Tried to be nice with everyone, talked a lot in public chat, did some soft requests (flashing, showing feet). Din't received a single token for that. Ended with about 60$, 40 from a long roleplay with a sub guy.

Sunday was better, I advertised pvt more aggressively, ignored free users. Ended with about 120$ in 7 hours. My striptease work experience played a bad trick with me - while working there you see your customers and you can guess how much they are ready to spend. Here you can see only they rating which isn't really a good indicator (got longest pvt with so-so ratings, and got super rated users speak for half an hours with me in free chat before leaving without a tip.

Monday was the bottom. I understand that there isn't a lot of people online on this day, but ended just freechatting for 3 hours, a 30$ pvt at the end, and stopped there. So I took some days off to think about my experience.

Here are my through, these is totally newbie through so correct me if I'm wrong:

-Going nice will lead you nowhere. The whole work is a bargain between you and the user. You trying to sell yourself as expensive you could, while he's trying to have the cheapest price, ideally for free (seen a lot of users try to scam too). It's by no meaning a calm work if you're not used to eastern-bazaar style haggling.

-Most models are running after a small number of whale clients that really remind me the freemium mobile game industry (didn't had any obviously, just a though after seeing top models stremings). Even if a customer has tokens, you cannot ever say if he hasn't bought them five years ago and never used them since.

So overall it's a highly stressful and confrontational work. You're also get robbed by platforms (common, 30% is the rule for virtual distributors, google, apple, steam...wtf 50%?)

After rereading it appears that my experience was purely negative, but it wasn't, I'm gonna take a couple of day to rest, and try it again with this ideas in mind.

I also have a question - how do you manage the "get nude" clients. I got a ton of them on Sunday - start pvt, get nude, they cum, they quit. Overall pvt time less than one minute, so i spent more time dressing and undressing than there. On subday I did it with the "client is always right" logic, on monday I stopped it, trying to chat about anything which lead to have 7/10 insta quit the pv. Some advice about it?

Heya here. i just started webcaming a few days ago, I'll try to avoid some obvious questions that have been already asked a hundred times.

First a little bit about me - Started on Saturday. Pretty confident in my equipment (main job in non adult streaming related industry) light and background. Not the hottest girl on the internet but I've seen worse. Using multustream (yeah I know it's bad, but I wanted to get experiences on various sites asap to choose my favorites). Tried Live Jasmin, Stripchat, Chaturbate, Camsoda, and forgot the 5th one but quit it quite fast. usually I had 2 of them open at time, 3 whilet here was really a few people onine monday.

I have no problem with nudity (worked in a stripclub before, but physical contact with customers made me feel bad). A rich experience of erotic roleplay online. I guess I'm kinda soft for webcam, as i don't do anything beside nudes, roleplay and foot play (no penetration, masturbating, lovense). At long term i want to specialize into feetplay and dom, as it's my natural inclinations.

So my first day (saturday) experience was so-so. I've read some online guides, but forgot all of it while I was streaming. Spend a lot of time filling profiles, choosing pics, and ended to be online for 5 hours only. Tried to be nice with everyone, talked a lot in public chat, did some soft requests (flashing, showing feet). Din't received a single token for that. Ended with about 60$, 40 from a long roleplay with a sub guy.

Sunday was better, I advertised pvt more aggressively, ignored free users. Ended with about 120$ in 7 hours. My striptease work experience played a bad trick with me - while working there you see your customers and you can guess how much they are ready to spend. Here you can see only they rating which isn't really a good indicator (got longest pvt with so-so ratings, and got super rated users speak for half an hours with me in free chat before leaving without a tip.

Monday was the bottom. I understand that there isn't a lot of people online on this day, but ended just freechatting for 3 hours, a 30$ pvt at the end, and stopped there. So I took some days off to think about my experience.

Here are my through, these is totally newbie through so correct me if I'm wrong:

-Going nice will lead you nowhere. The whole work is a bargain between you and the user. You trying to sell yourself as expensive you could, while he's trying to have the cheapest price, ideally for free (seen a lot of users try to scam too). It's by no meaning a calm work if you're not used to eastern-bazaar style haggling.

-Most models are running after a small number of whale clients that really remind me the freemium mobile game industry (didn't had any obviously, just a though after seeing top models stremings). Even if a customer has tokens, you cannot ever say if he hasn't bought them five years ago and never used them since.

So overall it's a highly stressful and confrontational work. You're also get robbed by platforms (common, 30% is the rule for virtual distributors, google, apple, steam...wtf 50%?)

After rereading it appears that my experience was purely negative, but it wasn't, I'm gonna take a couple of day to rest, and try it again with this ideas in mind.

I also have a question - how do you manage the "get nude" clients. I got a ton of them on Sunday - start pvt, get nude, they cum, they quit. Overall pvt time less than one minute, so i spent more time dressing and undressing than there. On subday I did it with the "client is always right" logic, on monday I stopped it, trying to chat about anything which lead to have 7/10 insta quit the pv. Some advice about it?
You are analytical and critical of your experience, 2 necessary components to be a very successful streamer. Your experience with members will improve once you are no longer considered new. The cheap and scammy members gravitate towards new models cause they are more naive and easier to trick or to lowball.

One thing... the 50% cut is because payment processors charge 15% more for adult transactions because of how high the fraud rate is. So while non-adult companies pay maybe 5% per transaction, adult sites pay up to 20%. That has to come from somewhere.

(more viewer than model, but...)
Saturday, Sunday and Monday are 3 different days of the week, then you have different users, and even if same users, they have different moods.
You can't compare with only these 3 first days. It's really to short to make your opinion.

then...
To manage Sunday's early ejaculator's shows, you can set a minimum of time for a pvt and a minimum of tokens to enter in pvt.
It seems to be possible on most sites to filter like that, though you'll have less Sunday's pvt

7/10 insta quit the pv. Some advice about it?
3/10 stood in pvt, and they surely stood longer : ) 30% of conversion is not bad imo
(and 7/10 had a paid quote ^^)

But maybe discuss about it before going in pvt, write clearly in the bio what they can expect...
(you may gain the possibly one of the 7 who just felt cheated discovering your way while being already engaged in pvt)

In any job, especially when offering a service, you have to get ride of time-consuming clients and to concentrate on your niche.
My main work is in computers and industry, and beside I also tried to cam for months.
I encountered the same bargain and even this rudeness in these 2 jobs, also the same effect from 'being new' in the place : )

Not all users bargain. As Mila said they are many to try in new rooms and scammers also exist.
It's a point, and you couldn't see many other in only 3 days
but can you stay nice and be firm at the same time ? : )

You speak of whales, but they exist those who tip little, but every day. You just can't see them so clearly by visiting rooms.
Many are honest clients. It just takes a long (very long) time to find your regulars and startup a room.
Some will come, tip a lot, and you'll never see them ever after.

Don't discredit your viewers. Tippers are also often loyal, they won't redirect so easily their budget from their pref room(s) to a new one.
Be patient with those who don't tip today (or this week...) but staying firm with your pricing and never bargaining with a new client is a good thing.
This, not only to eject the bargainers but also to have a clean public chat, without this ugly noise made by price discussions.
This noise is also hated by real tippers, they will thank you.

During your in-real-life strip shows, I'm sure that bargainers, freeloaders, rude drunk, seekers exist but placed at the bottom of the room, they're calm because targeted by bouncers. Here, *you* are the bouncer (and you have the tools do bounce on every sites). This makes the biggest difference, you have to civilize them by yourself.
it's not a physical contact, but you have to go on contact also

Continuing multistreaming can be a thing imo if you do most of your main work in pvt, but it's just weird in public :
you can't concentrate to a public show with different rooms, different moods that don't fit together. but you got it it seems : )
ie you're joking and laughing in one room while the other turns sensual, both won't understand and risk to not follow well.
also some will check prices on every sites to get you at the lower rate (these ones are not the best clients you need)

Reactions: MarieElise
You are analytical and critical of your experience, 2 necessary components to be a very successful streamer. Your experience with members will improve once you are no longer considered new. The cheap and scammy members gravitate towards new models cause they are more naive and easier to trick or to lowball.

One thing... the 50% cut is because payment processors charge 15% more for adult transactions because of how high the fraud rate is. So while non-adult companies pay maybe 5% per transaction, adult sites pay up to 20%. That has to come from somewhere.

People also keep throwing around that 50% number, which isn't correct because buying tokens in bulk makes it so that models can be taking up to 65% of the total money spent by the member.

People also keep throwing around that 50% number, which isn't correct because buying tokens in bulk makes it so that models can be taking up to 65% of the total money spent by the member.
And also a fun little kicker on token sites: The site isn't taking a % from the model, they're taking it from the member/customer at the time they purchase tokens. Once they purchase the tokens, the tokens become "x amount".

A token is always the same "x amount" to us models (at least on MFC and CB) when we get them from the member, the site takes NO cut of THAT.

This probably wasn't the best decision because you're burning the timers all the 'new' status on all those sites at the same time also might be driving off members that are more 'committed' it you were unable to focus on all those chats. Hopefully it won't bite you in the ass later.

It's not about bargaining it's about sell the value of your price. This is hard maybe even harder when you don't really have a set niche yet. Don't treat it as 'defending' your price because that just breeds negativity. At the same time offering 'this, that and the other' options during a private when the bulk of the guys just want vanilla you should consider also.

Heya thanks for the replies.

I didn't really had problems with scammers. It was more the type "i gave you 10$! You don't see it? It's a known site bug! I'm here since 5 years, you'll receive them in 10 minutes, now do as i say." Just baned and reported usually.

Yeah, my biggest mistake was to no have settled a tip menu before Monday, so instead of just answer "tip menu or pvt" for all requests it started to bargain all the time, usually for nothing and in pm, distracting me from the chat.

I didn't see any options for minimum time for pvt, but yeah, I'm gonna seek them, as the rapid undressing get me quite nervous all the time. Most of those who stayed in conversation were sub or foot fetishists, so I think I'm gonna go further this way.

I guess I went too customer friendly at the beginning, as in irl striptease the price list is quite appearant, non-negociable and all the transactions are taken care by the manager, so i never had to care about this. So, yeah I need to make a better selection of clients avoiding the time consuming ones.

It's not that i avoid the vanilla clients, bit I don't have a lot to offer to them pas getting nude and dancing. Some are staisfied with that, but others start to try to convince me to go further while I stated all my limits at the beginning of the pvt.

Any way I finished a project for my freelance work tonight, and I'm gonna try to cam again for the next days. Gonna try it tomorrow night as i never really tried night time (French time here, gmt+1). I'll write back here the feedback.

For the 50%, I thought about way to get around this, the only one I've found is to have my private room on a personal site, as write such a site and integrate a simle payment system is quite easy. However that wont be really easy to advert, as i don't think that caming sites will be very happy about this. Got this ideas after having several users asking me for pvt on skype, with a paypal payment, but I didn't want to gave away my skype that i use mostly for freelancer work, and paypal with my persona data attached to it.

For the 50%, I thought about way to get around this, the only one I've found is to have my private room on a personal site, as write such a site and integrate a simle payment system is quite easy. However that wont be really easy to advert, as i don't think that caming sites will be very happy about this. Got this ideas after having several users asking me for pvt on skype, with a paypal payment, but I didn't want to gave away my skype that i use mostly for freelancer work, and paypal with my persona data attached to it.

Skype paid by Paypal is a HUGE don't do. Scammer central, and Paypal is NOT adult worker friendly. They will shut your account down immediately.

It's best to just stick with your cam site, and payment there. The percentage cam site and payment processers take is to cover their expenses such as hardware, internet, etc. as well as potential lost money from chargebacks.

You do business on these sites, it's best to work with them. You said your vanilla job is in the streaming industry of some sort. you should understand infrastructure costs to some degree.

Yes. A big +1 for considering that the customer pays the service of the site, not you.

You would not be open 24/7 You would not be visible You would not accept every kind of payments proposed by customer. And a personal site to stream would be a huge thing to maintain even if yourself were agood informatician. So Skype seems the only "fully independant^ solution which would not look like a credit card scam by clients. I guess that models who Skype, trying to be independant, spend a huge time to advertise and maintain a show case site.

Heya back

So a few more days. The Thursday night was possibly the best experience I had - got above the 100$ mark and really enjoyed some conversations. Saturday on the other side was bad. Went for the first time on CH and spend most of the night spying on other models for the tip menu and set up the bots for 70tk on the morning, yay.

Got a lot of troubles to have anything other then black (free) users on cb in my room. Tried various stuff from shows to speaking, didn't really worked up. Also didn't had a lush which seems to be barely mandatory on cb. Gonna try all of this today afternoon.

Yes. A big +1 for considering that the customer pays the service of the site, not you.

You would not be open 24/7 You would not be visible You would not accept every kind of payments proposed by customer. And a personal site to stream would be a huge thing to maintain even if yourself were agood informatician. So Skype seems the only "fully independant^ solution which would not look like a credit card scam by clients. I guess that models who Skype, trying to be independant, spend a huge time to advertise and maintain a show case site.

I beg to disagree. A single room streaming site would take half a day of my work, using tools for processing all big payments options, and hosted on my home server, it will cost next to nothing to maintain. Anyway that isn't an idea for right now, just a thought on the future.

I beg to disagree. A single room streaming site would take half a day of my work, using tools for processing all big payments options, and hosted on my home server, it will cost next to nothing to maintain. Anyway that isn't an idea for right now, just a thought on the future.
I'm sorry, I'm probably dismoraling, but you seem to not be thinking about how would anyone find you then?.. And from that "anyoners" you would need to get a paying users... And many people, watching and tipping only one-few times and then losing interest... So why would they want to click on the single room site? Would people, who are buying tokens in bulk and makes a lot of tipping, be happy to go to your website and have to make transactions again?.. What if every model were doing that — would that be convenient for the tippers?..

I'm sorry, I'm probably dismoraling, but you seem to not be thinking about how would anyone find you then?.. And from that "anyoners" you would need to get a paying users... And many people, watching and tipping only one-few times and then losing interest... So why would they want to click on the single room site? Would people, who are buying tokens in bulk and makes a lot of tipping, be happy to go to your website and have to make transactions again?.. What if every model were doing that — would that be convenient for the tippers?..
People who get uppity about the % a cam site takes often mislead themselves to thinking that they can make their own personal site and earn more.

They do not consider the huge amount of traffic the cam site draws with no effort on the cammer's part. They don't consider that the cam site provides payment processing with no effort on the cammer's part. They don't consider a whole slew of things that go into making a site operate in such a way that customers can enjoy themselves and are enticed to spend money.

Unless you have a VERY large personal following already that you can bring over and convert into customers on your own personal page that you have the total technical ability to build yourself, you will end up making a lot less $ than if you just accepted the cam site's % as part of the job, and a reasonable one at that.

Hum, I never said that I'll use in instead of main sites. Just multistream on it and set lower prices then on main plateforms, adverting only for regular user in pm. Anyway that was just a small idea in the air, don't focus on this please. I won't try it before month, and I'll create a separate topic about that.

Spend most of the night on CB trying to get the grap of it. Received 330tk of tips this time, which is better then 10. I think I undestood my error - I focused too much on tips, and totally forgot about my tip menu and pvt possibility, endind by doing for 30tk stuff that costed 150 in tip menu in my run for tips.

Also did learned the importance of tags - most of users found by my tags, and I managed to be on the top of Femdom tag for a part of the night yay.

Gonna take a break until tommorow as I probably streamed a bit too much recently.

Just multistream on it and set lower prices then on main plateforms, adverting only for regular user in pm.

Just know offsiting like that is against most all the TOS and could get you banned. People are warning you here that this, 'I know better than other models before me' attitude might bite you in the ass later one. You need to read the TOS because a lot of your comments walk a very grey or cross the line that even any upset member could notify the site about and get you tossed off. You CAN'T promote another cam site or even speak the name of the other sites while on a multistream. You can't 'advertise' a competing site at all. You can't even link a twitter on sites that allow it that also has a profile link to another site. Models try this a lot and they are surprised when the lightning strikes them. This goes double if you're using CB and triple if you're a new model because sites have no reason to show mercy to new models there's no shortage of models.

Yup this. It's quite obvious that you cannot advert a webcam site on another web cam site, but your links on twitter or discord are covered byr twitter/discord TOS. I'm pretty sure that i saw several models twitters with link to several adult sites.

Any way please don't focus on this, it was more a idea then a real project.

I don't have a lot to report actually, was busy at my main work, streamed just a little bit, received...a little bit too.

I decided to try to work with an operator to see if that's gonna change something. I speak french and spanish, and my english is comprehensible, so it's not really about the language issue but more to see how he's gonna handle the thing and if that's gonna affect my income.

Did my little rating of sites I tried

-Jasmin: became quite desert after the promo period. Got two usual customers that came quite often there, keep it open just for them.
-I'm live: Died after promo period closed it
-Stripchat: Works fine, 20% of my revenue
-Flirt4Free: Very day dependent, sometimes i get users, sometimes it's empty for all the day. I will probably close it.
-Chaturbate: Works good, 40% of my revenue
-BongaCams: Most users are russian and i don't speak it. Still had some very nice customers there. Gonna keep it for a little bit.
-CamSoda: Works fine 30% of my revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.