AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Flipping mirrored photos on Mac and PC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Hello!

I have noticed a TON of cam girls posting images all over the place that are mirror images, probably due to the program or phone they're taking the pics with. It isn't noticeable if there is no text in the picture, but if your shirt says EIBMORCREBA instead of ABERCROMBIE, it's pretty distracting to the picture itself. And it's especially silly with fan signs/shout out signs held up in an image when they're completely backwards. Defeats the purpose quite a bit.

I can't be the only person that is driven crazy by it! As cam girls, it's our job do the "cam" part of it as professionally as possible, and I think posting images that are backwards is moderately unprofessional. So if you'd like to post photos that aren't all ass-backwards, here's how to do it! You don't even need Photoshop. :thumbleft:

On PC, it's quite easy. Open the image you are going to post in Paint. Click "Rotate" and select "Flip Horizontal". BOOM! Done. Save and post!

On Mac, I assume many images come from Photo Booth. After you've snapped the image, click "Edit" on the menu bar and select "Flip Photo." Woohoo! Post away. Here is a post on macworld.com that shows it in more detail. If it is an image saved in your iPhoto, you should be able to open it in Preview and do the same thing.

If you are posting to social media sites directly from your phone, check the settings and options in your camera settings or in the picture app you're using to see if it will auto-flip for you, or how to edit them quickly before uploading. If you're using an iPhone and utilize the front-facing camera, it should auto-flip for you before saving.

Cool beans?

in the same thread as "keep things professional"

LADIES. PLEASE STOP POSTING PHOTOS OF YOURSELF IN A MESSY ROOM.

That is all. :h:

LeDahliaNoir said:

Hah yeah, that's a whole other thing, though. :lol:

LeDahliaNoir said:

I don't know some of my favorite models have rooms that look like my place right before I the cleaning lady comes. It makes the girls seem more real. After all a clean desk is a sick mind :D, but mirror image picture those are funny.

Of course they could have taken the picture in the mirror if self shot. :lol:

What is worse, to me, are the times cam models are doing this when on cam. There have been a few instances where I noticed a tattoo or birthmark has changed sides. Then I obsess over which is the correct image, the first time I saw them and birthmark was on the right, or the next time and it was on the left. Asking the model does not always clear it up for some reason and they think I am crazy for asking. :-D

Just Me said:
Of course they could have taken the picture in the mirror if self shot. :lol:

What is worse, to me, are the times cam models are doing this when on cam. There have been a few instances where I noticed a tattoo or birthmark has changed sides. Then I obsess over which is the correct image, the first time I saw them and birthmark was on the right, or the next time and it was on the left. Asking the model does not always clear it up for some reason and they think I am crazy for asking. :-D
Oy, yes I've seen a few cam girls using their built-in cam on their mac for camming and it drove me insane seeing anything in the room with writing on it backwards.

I think most times I look past images that are clearly self shots in a mirror, but if it is a pic intended to show a sign or something, it's obvious that it should be flipped before its posted. The one time I took a pic with a shirt that had words on it in a mirror, I did take the time to flip it before I posted it to twitter.

Attachments

• AoePNzpCIAAU6ck.jpg
    AoePNzpCIAAU6ck.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 101
Photo Booth on Macs is probably one of the worst ways to take an image using the iSight cam. I'd invest $40 and get GraphicConverter, which is a low-cost image manipulation app with an easy way to take snapshots. It orients the image correctly from the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.