AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

fraudulent check from Chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2020
hi im freaking out my bank just called me saying they think my check I received from Chaturbate is fraudulent and they are putting it on extended hold. they asked me a bunch of questions about what kind of business it was and I said social media marketing. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this and if I will get in any trouble.. this is my first paycheck from camping and my parents don't know about it, id rather then not find out from me getting arrested lmao

hi im freaking out my bank just called me saying they think my check I received from Chaturbate is fraudulent and they are putting it on extended hold. they asked me a bunch of questions about what kind of business it was and I said social media marketing. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this and if I will get in any trouble.. this is my first paycheck from camping and my parents don't know about it, id rather then not find out from me getting arrested lmao

First off for @punker barbie to help she will probably need your CB account name.

Also did you try to 'deposit' the check in a checking account or did you try to 'cash' it at a check cashing place? If it was a deposit then outside of a fee for the check bouncing there's nothing wrong. However if you tried to 'cash' a check in a place you don't have a bank account then you do have some check fraud risks because these places AREN'T banks. Also did you give CB your REAL name so that your LEGAL NAME is on the check?

Upvote 0
First off for @punker barbie to help she will probably need your CB account name.

Also did you try to 'deposit' the check in a checking account or did you try to 'cash' it at a check cashing place? If it was a deposit then outside of a fee for the check bouncing there's nothing wrong. However if you tried to 'cash' a check in a place you don't have a bank account then you do have some check fraud risks because these places AREN'T banks. Also did you give CB your REAL name so that your LEGAL NAME is on the check?
I am trying to deposit it into my bank account, and yes I used my real name. I looked into it more, and some people say that their banks did the same thing since the check Is from out of state and they have never seen it before. Ive thought about it more and calmed down a lot, I think it will be okay but I still contacted Chaturbate support.

Reactions: DoD404 and SMuser69
Upvote 0

I am sorry to hear there has been an issue with your payment. Please check your DMs for my message regarding this matter.

Upvote 0
they are putting it on extended hold
This means exactly that they only warn you and extend the reserve time to credit it on your account.

A check is normally credited on an account with a 10 days (in my country) of holding time, means they can revert the operation it if the founds can't get actually retrieved.

Upvote 0
in germany they usually hold checks in other currencies for up to 12 weeks, depending on the banks. some only do it, if it is over a certain amount, but personally my bank does it randomly, to make sure it won't bounce.
that sounds like that's what's happening for you, should be fine- just annoying to wait so long for your money.
fingers crossed you'll get your money soon!

Upvote 0
they're being super difficult saying I need proof of employment and a contact. I feel like this woman is attacking me over a check. I get it but she's just being so combative

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.