AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Freeloading?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2010
Well, I've got a question. A certain model that I watch an awful lot and will not name for her sake, wanted to talk to me in private. This is fine, and all, there's no harm in it. Well, she told me in the nicest way possible that it would be nice if I could tip her every once and a while, and told me how others freeload, and just don't contribute towards her public shows, etc. Well, of course I read between the lines on that. Here's why I go to Skinvid and MFC. To be honest, I go for the social interaction. I mean it's nice if the model gets naked and has shows and all, but that's not the main point. I do buy tokens every once and a while, tipping the girls I like and go into group shows, but I'm having to prioritize my money a little bit so I can move out. I know my story is just unique to mine, but what do you all, the models feel about people like me that just hang out in the room while you're trying to make your monthly bills and whatever on these sites?

In another completely unrelated note, to the one model that I until now sent PM's to about random stuff, again I'm sorry, I didn't want to get on your nerves.

(see, I can kill two birds with one stone! )

most of my regs are there cause they like me, and on occasion I get naked and have fun and they tip when they can....I like convo NOT SILENCE, so your doing it right....IMHO

I posted this in one other place, but I'll post it here. It's a bit stern, harsh, and honest, because it was originally directed to someone who felt he was completely justified to freeload since he didn't get off on the sexual part of a show. I'd soften it up for you, but eh, I already wrote it and I don't like to sugar coat it;

On freeloading; It's as much of her "job" to fuck herself and be sexy as it is to socialize with you. Sure, both of those things are fun, a whole lot of fun, and girls will do it for free - but when it comes to you watching, or you being the one to get her attention - that's when it's her "job." You're just using an excuse that since it's not sexual, it's not something you should pay for. You're taking up her time, energy, and so on, that she could spend on someone else. Just because she's enjoying it doesn't mean she couldn't enjoy it with someone else - someone who would value the time with her.

I'm sure she'll feel like you're not freeloading if you just tip once for each day you hang out with her, even a little one, to show you value her time. Don't use us, even for social part; instead, be with us. Value our time - aka, tip what you can/want to without hurting yourself, no model wants that. If you don't want to tip, then find a site where you can chat with people casually such as IRC. If you can't tip, then instead of being on a cam site; get a job, or finish school, and when you can pay for it, come back.

/harsh

Someone hates me now, I can feel it <_<

There are many girls on this site. It's her job to make you feel good, but don't think that with a little research that you can't find SOO many other girls that will do the same. But also keep in mind, we have so many premium and basic members that sit there and do nothing, that we're always hoping if we do a good job that you'll tip us, even something small is very appreciative.

If you're working at a grocery store and people want to come up and talk to you all day but not buy anything, not only did the business not make any money, but it took time away from giving customers that are spending money, more attention.

Everyone has their own story babe, even us girls. lol

I would recomend going to a site that is more based on social interaction then money being involved. But it's up to you. Money changes the variables in a conversation and I hope things work out :)

:h: Janet

nerdguy said:
but what do you all, the models feel about people like me that just hang out in the room while you're trying to make your monthly bills and whatever on these sites?

Hm, if you contribute to public conversation, and don't try to hog the model's attention, and are perfectly appreciative of the nakedness and don't whine and cry when she's lucky enough to get a show- you're doing it right.

nerdguy said:
In another completely unrelated note, to the one model that I until now sent PM's to about random stuff, again I'm sorry, I didn't want to get on your nerves.

MFC's pm system rocks. It pops out of the window and everything, so it can be hidden behind the window and not interfere with viewing anything.

Streamate's pm system is kinda weird... it's directly in line with the chat, but only the member can see it. On the model side, the room list has "all guest-chat" at the top, which is normally highlighted. We highlight the member's name to type pm to him, and then re-highlight the "all guest-chat" or "all paid-chat" at the top of the list for the whole room to read.

SkinVideo's pm system is slightly annoying. With how bad my eyesight is, and how the laptop screen is shaped, the chat window takes up my whole screen, leaving me nowhere to dock the popup that can't leave the window, except down below the chat where I'd have to scroll down to read it.

Eventually, I do plan on getting an external monitor with which I could take care of that problem (something that's not wide-screen so there's actually space below the main chat window). Now if only they had a one-popup with tabs feature...

I feel kinda the same as nerdguy, I like just chilling and joking with some models - that said, I don't ask for attention, or ever beg or ask for anything without tipping. There are a bunch of girls I hang out with who know they're not going to make mad tips off me, but I do like to think some social interaction from members makes their work day a little more enjoyable.
I do tip when I can afford to...but I generally don't tip for a girl to get naked or put on a show, and I try to spread tips out fairly evenly among the girls I appreciate so they often don't get a lot - but again, I don't ask anything for the tips. I also bought something off a wishlist just yesterday as an "I appreciate you" gesture.

I get what you're saying Alex, and I agree to an extent...but as I said I'm not looking for priority attention, or special treatment, or getting in the way of paying customers - and the models I regularly chat to would MUCH rather have someone reasonably intelligent to talk with than sit there bored staring at the clock til their shift is over and telling the "open boobs bb" guys to fuck off.

Nerdguy if you're looking for girls to chat to, who won't get offended if you can't tip much of the time you can try AveryPearl, Lioness (formerly Draculina), Kitty Caulfield (on SV) and Glamoureyes - all intelligent, articulate women who appreciate funny, interesting guys.

I like having guys in my room, it contributes to my room count and (if they rate and admire) my camscore.
Its also good when they chat in free because I often get nights were no one is talking at all and I almost get tempted to un-mute the basics (gasp!). But PM's are a bit distracting if I'm trying to keep my room fun and exciting for everyone. So I guess talking in the main room is fine but maybe if I look stressed, avoid PM'ing?

Reactions: LoxyJane
Since I'm a broke loser, I really get the sense of a freeloader when I'm watching public shows on Skin Video, public shows that I didn't and can't tip for. :sad10:

HOWEVER

I don't beg for stuff and I conversate as much as I can, so I guess it all balances out in it's own way.

My solution to not being able to tip was, and still is leaving when a show starts. I understand what its like to have every desire to tip but simply not have the money to do so. It sucks.

Unfortuneately I found that leaving at the start of a show only upset my model friends and even several premiums.

After moving into my new place where for some reason I can no longer view cams, it seems the decision has been made for me. No money for tips, no viewing cams at all.

Short answer for me: so long as you don't DEMAND attention, "freeloading" is fine. I hate to sound SUPER whorish, but like other girls have said, while it's a fun job, it's still a job. Payment is expected if you WANT something special. Doesn't mean (at least with me) that you can't just hang out. Hell, if you can't tip at least keep the main chat conversation going. :)

Frankie said:
Short answer for me: so long as you don't DEMAND attention, "freeloading" is fine. I hate to sound SUPER whorish, but like other girls have said, while it's a fun job, it's still a job. Payment is expected if you WANT something special. Doesn't mean (at least with me) that you can't just hang out. Hell, if you can't tip at least keep the main chat conversation going. :)

Yeah I think you summed it up really well, though of course everyone is different and some models don't see it that way...

I still think you should have your brother in law, zombified drag you out the window then you come back as a zombie that would be BOSS. :p

I'll just go ahead and make it known that I'm the model who called him a freeloader after he PM'ed me, for lets say, the third time in a week. He has -never- tipped me. He only watches, chats, and PM's.

Going off of what Frankie said, PM's require my "special attention" and distract from my cam room, especially with how they pop up right where I'm trying to see public chat.

Anyways, I'm kind of offended that after making this issue public out of his curiosity and search for advice (which is obviously fine,) that he took it private. So rather than moving it to PM, I'm going to refuse him that privacy and put it back where he started it; in public.

nerdguy's PM message on the forum said:
Nope, don't hate you at all, you just pretty much re iterated the reasoning of me posting the thread. I'm a social animal, hence part of the reason I play MMO's and such.I just like the community atomosphere. If you would rather people just come to your room for tips and such, that's cool too :) .

I never say people come to my room for tips and stuff, hell, tons of my members have only tipped me once, or not at all. Those that haven't tipped at all don't get special attention, and if they try for it, I'll let them know that it's freeloading after they do it several times. A few times is ok, but in one week? Fuck that.

Don't feel like basically calling me a token whore is a good response to me calling you a freeloader, m'kay?

People come to my room for fun, and because they like me. You go to every model's room for special attention, pretty much. I'm sure other girls would agree on that statement, at least, the ones who's rooms you've been in more than a few times.

In my room, my moto has always been the same; I do what I want, what I enjoy, what I love, what makes me horny, what makes me cum, and what makes me happy; if you want to be a part of those things, you support me in my camming time via tipping. If you don't want to tip, that's fine, but don't expect for me to welcome you to be apart of it when I get nothing out of it.

It's one thing if you being in my room adds to the things I listed in my moto, say, you make me laugh a lot and we build a friendship and are basically awesome to have around, even when you can't tip, and you are aware of things the way Jupiter is.. It's another when your behavior makes you more of a freeloader.

Frankie already summed up things pretty well, but hell, that he PM'ed me on the forum in reply to my previous post here sure pushed a button :\

Yeah I agree about the pm's Alex...chatting and being sociable in free chat is one thing...bugging a model with inane pm's is crossing a line. Pm's are for organizing privates etc, or on a very rare occasion discussing something personal with the model (if you're friends with her) that isn't appropriate for public chat.

I would hazard a guess that 90% of pm's on MFC could be done away with and no one would notice or care.

Alex I agree with you totally. I've had members flat out tell me they will never tip me. But still they sit around and chat. What do I do, i treat them like a basic. Why would you flat out tell a model that you will NEVER tip them. I've called them out in public chat and they PM me and tell me it's not nice to call them out like that. But when everyone in my room is showing their yellow banners, and they are not, i feel like its "freeloading". Or when they wait for my goal to come and freeload the night away. I'm really overly nice to members. I love to chat with people but I have a feeling this will soon stop because many members will sit in PM and chat and never tip. Once I stop replying after awhile they get the hint. And once I ask about a tip they get really offended. I don't even care if they tip me ONCE in a blue moon. Even if its five tokens, it's something......Or just tip me 5 tokens every time you chat with me..

To add to this rant...Why do premiums ask us to watch their web cams for free? When I politely tell them that if they give me a small donation of tokens, or take me private to cam2cam they instantly leave. Do other models watch cams for free? Or am i just being a "token whore" here.

Im sure I'll get shit for posting this, but Im in the same boat as Alex...
.grabs a life vest.

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
Hehe, Nerdguy... seems the PM thing gets you yelled at in more ways than one! :console, there there...

Alex: Is there no way to limit PM on SV? As some people here know, the way I fix "friends" abusing the PM window is just removing them from the friend list, which forces them to talk in public chat.

Frankie said:
...And this is what I aim to do.
The thought that a model should give me some sort of free special treatment or attention just because I ask is, frankly, pretty alien to me.

I am also, like BloodRed87 so eloquently put it, a broke loser. Earlier this month I actually bought a whole bunch of tokens - first 200 and then 550 - and have consequently been pretty much starving since. Sure, it was foolish and unhealthy, but hey at least I got to show some of my faves that I appreciate them. Not gonna pull that stunt again anytime soon, though... a lone 550 batch is pretty much the maximum I could really afford in a month with any comfort, and the 200 would still be the more sensible choice.
I am working on the situation though, and with any luck I'll actually have some sort of job come summer. Let's all hope so, shall we?

But in the meanwhile, I'll just have to settle with hanging out, showering compliments and at least trying to be an asset to the conversation, and rating + admiring if I haven't already. Sometimes I feel little pangs of guilt for being this useless and tokenless slob, but hey, at least I'm honest about it.

Reactions: PennyLaPerv
Although I would really love to "let loose" on this thread, I do not have the time today but... this sums it up...

DO YOU DO YOUR JOB FOR FREE???? simple as that. I am sure you answered no, so why should we??

I don't mind free-loaders that much unless they are annoying. I'll talk to you, but if you start talking my ear off you are just going irritate me because you are taking away from me working on my topic and keeping paying premiums from conversing with me.

I always try keep the positive attitude of thinking that just everyone can't tip everyday, and tomorrow may be when they have tokens. People remember kindness. I had one premium that never tipped, but always helped out with questions when I was busy or what not. He never over-stepped any boundaries and never begged. He couldn't tip because he's half paralyzed and doesn't work. Then three months after he started coming into my room he tipped 1800 tokens.

He's probably not going to tip that big again, but he went from being a 20 dollar premium to that..Which totally rocks.

Honestly, the only thing that bugs me is over-talking and begging. If you can leave those at the door, I think you're fine. :)

Cassana said:
Alex I agree with you totally. I've had members flat out tell me they will never tip me. But still they sit around and chat. What do I do, i treat them like a basic. Why would you flat out tell a model that you will NEVER tip them. I've called them out in public chat and they PM me and tell me it's not nice to call them out like that. But when everyone in my room is showing their yellow banners, and they are not, i feel like its "freeloading". Or when they wait for my goal to come and freeload the night away. I'm really overly nice to members. I love to chat with people but I have a feeling this will soon stop because many members will sit in PM and chat and never tip. Once I stop replying after awhile they get the hint. And once I ask about a tip they get really offended. I don't even care if they tip me ONCE in a blue moon. Even if its five tokens, it's something......Or just tip me 5 tokens every time you chat with me..

To add to this rant...Why do premiums ask us to watch their web cams for free? When I politely tell them that if they give me a small donation of tokens, or take me private to cam2cam they instantly leave. Do other models watch cams for free? Or am i just being a "token whore" here.

Im sure I'll get shit for posting this, but Im in the same boat as Alex...
.grabs a life vest.

No reason for you to get shit for this, or Alex for what she wrote for that matter. Telling a model that you will never tip them is rude, and said members should expect rudeness in return. Perhaps you could change your pms to friends only, or even give out short bans to the worst offenders?

As I've said earlier - I can't afford to tip ALL the time, but at some point I'll usually pop in and drop 100-200 tokens without expecting anything in return, and I think other members can afford to do the same, even if it's only 20, to 10 different girls, just to show that they appreciate your work. Hell, I even tipped CalpurniaX 200 tokens with the tip note "this was for the show I couldn't contribute to last week" because I'd been sitting there broke, wishing I could contribute - so when I can I did.

The cams thing...guys are idiots...seen a ton ask a girl to turn cam on for free, not ONCE have I seen a girl do it. If you want to teach them a lesson though you could turn it on then bust out laughing and tell everyone in the room how small it is ;)

Reactions: GingerHolly
AmberCutie said:
Hehe, Nerdguy... seems the PM thing gets you yelled at in more ways than one! :console, there there...

Alex: Is there no way to limit PM on SV? As some people here know, the way I fix "friends" abusing the PM window is just removing them from the friend list, which forces them to talk in public chat.

Lol, Amber, you're such a nice girl. :h:

For right now there is no way to limit it, or friend's list. I'll send her an email about the issue now though.

To me, I see three types of freeloaders.

Type A is the freeloader who doesn't have the money to tip all the time, but when he does; he tips and shows appreciation for what the model is doing. Any model worth watching isn't going to mind a guy like that. He may or may not get involved in the chat, but he doesn't demand shit when he doesn't have the tokens. Guys like the one that Felicity talked about are who I'm talking about, though they don't always tip 1800 at once! Talk about paying off your IOUs!

Type B is the freeloader who might have had the money to tip at one time, but will probably never be able to do it again due to unemployment, family, etc. But at least they're nice, sociable and give the model moral support and entertain her with their conversation. They're also the ones who probably can't stand the fact that they aren't able to tip. I would know, I was a Type B freeloader during all of February.

Type F (for Fail) is the freeloader who will never tip anyone, even if someone put a gun to their nuts. They may be basics or guests or 20 pt premiums. But they'll never tip and often, will beg for stuff. And when they get told to tip with their request, they just leave and hope to find another model who'll show them their ass for free. They also probably live in their mom's basement.

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
I'm mostly type B I'd say, just without the "never again" part. I'll be tipping in the future too, just really rarely and not a whole lot at a time.

helpful hints from a chronic freeloader

number one if the model doesnt like freeloaders, just leave. would you drop by an co-worker's house and eat their food every day if they didnt like you?

secondly... b very very polite. mind y ou everyone should be polite all the time anyway, but if yer a broke joker like me its extra important lol

third... noone likes a sob story so dont whine about being broke no matter the reason... just be honest, say yer freeloading and get on with yer life. if the model tells you to eff off then click another cam lol.

if you are welcome in a room as a freeloader the congratulations! be friendly, be yerself and dont make a nuisance of yourself making requests or otherwise disrupting the flow of the model's day.

there isnt anything inherently WRONG with freeloading on MFC.. the site is set up so that it is possible. ill admit its a bit skeevy.. like going to a topless bar and sneaking in to avoid the cover charge. That being said there are some of us who are so desperate for any human interaction we're willing to be skeevy lol. just dont abuse the privelege.

last bit of advice... if yer gunna freeload have a real personality and be able to speak the language that is predominant in the room. asshats, braggards and poor english (in engish speaking rooms) arent very good entertainment.

oh and apologies again to the models for my broke ass self if you see me in room :) and as always if im not welcome as a free loader just tell me to eff off and im outta there with a smile and a thank you

AlexLady said:
I'll just go ahead and make it known that I'm the model who called him a freeloader after he PM'ed me, for lets say, the third time in a week. He has -never- tipped me. He only watches, chats, and PM's.

Going off of what Frankie said, PM's require my "special attention" and distract from my cam room, especially with how they pop up right where I'm trying to see public chat.

Anyways, I'm kind of offended that after making this issue public out of his curiosity and search for advice (which is obviously fine,) that he took it private. So rather than moving it to PM, I'm going to refuse him that privacy and put it back where he started it; in public.

nerdguy's PM message on the forum said:
Nope, don't hate you at all, you just pretty much re iterated the reasoning of me posting the thread. I'm a social animal, hence part of the reason I play MMO's and such.I just like the community atomosphere. If you would rather people just come to your room for tips and such, that's cool too :) .

I never say people come to my room for tips and stuff, hell, tons of my members have only tipped me once, or not at all. Those that haven't tipped at all don't get special attention, and if they try for it, I'll let them know that it's freeloading after they do it several times. A few times is ok, but in one week? Fuck that.

Don't feel like basically calling me a token whore is a good response to me calling you a freeloader, m'kay?

People come to my room for fun, and because they like me. You go to every model's room for special attention, pretty much. I'm sure other girls would agree on that statement, at least, the ones who's rooms you've been in more than a few times.

In my room, my moto has always been the same; I do what I want, what I enjoy, what I love, what makes me horny, what makes me cum, and what makes me happy; if you want to be a part of those things, you support me in my camming time via tipping. If you don't want to tip, that's fine, but don't expect for me to welcome you to be apart of it when I get nothing out of it.

It's one thing if you being in my room adds to the things I listed in my moto, say, you make me laugh a lot and we build a friendship and are basically awesome to have around, even when you can't tip, and you are aware of things the way Jupiter is.. It's another when your behavior makes you more of a freeloader.

Frankie already summed up things pretty well, but hell, that he PM'ed me on the forum in reply to my previous post here sure pushed a button :\

Okay, I think things might have gotten a bit out of hand.

A. I have tipped you once , when I got my account at Skinvid, even watched a group show with you.

B. I honestly never tried to visit you for any type of special attention, and I'm sorry that you felt that way, I won't pm you in your room if I ever visit it again, and I would like to apologize to any other model not named that I've pm'd before if it bothered them. It never really occurred to me that it might be taking away from the rest of the room, etc.

C. I was't trying to call you a token whore, I just meant that if you would prefer people that can give you tokens as well as have fun with your room , which I honestly should have added at the end of that. Camming is what pays the bills for you, I understand that completely, it just struck a nerve when it seemed like I be giving more, so hence why I made the topic.

I'm sorry that this probably cost me our friendship, if just an online one. If anything, I've learned a bit from this mess.

Amber, feel free to lock this thread if you think it'll turn more ugly than it already has since you've already seen Alex and myself going back and forth at least once. (yes I put part of the blame on myself) .

sure its getting out of hand...
its our JOB, as models , to make money... regardless of how the site's name is spelled ..the site wants money too! :lol: ops, did u think the site does not want money too? why do they have a "purchase tokens" button?
in my opinion, if someone feels they do not want to ever spend money on a certain model, they should NOT visit her..
we, as models, try to put ourselves in the customer;s shoes and make THEM happy...
well... put yourself in our shoes for a second, how would you feel with 100 people watching you, knowing they CAN spend money, yet they do not?
think, nerd.. think... :violin:

Ways to be a good freeloader:

Be friendly, participate in public chat, don't request things.
Don't be a distraction to other members, nor to the model.
Don't PM the model or the other members in her room unless you are prompted to. If she/they want to talk to you, they will initiate in some way.
Don't mention anything about why you can't tip, why you're broke, etc. It just sounds like a pity party.

Things freeloaders do that get them banned in MY room:
1. tell me they are cumming from what I'm doing
2. tell me to do something different
3. be disagreeable to the other talkative members in chat
4. post emotes
5. draw attention to themselves in some way or another

So ultimately there are 2 ways to get away with freeloading in my room. Either follow the instructions at the top of my post, or be completely silent unless I call you out to speak. What it comes down to is that I allow freeloaders to participate so long as I ENJOY them, thus their payment for my time and attention is to entertain me and make me laugh and smile.

What do you guys think is worse, the premium with hidden tokens that pms you a bunch and you chat hoping he'll be generous one day for your time but never does and is being sneaky by trying to get your attention with false tipping hopes, or the guys that show his 20 points 0 tokens stats and tells you he has no intention of tipping or sorry he's broke and can't? I at least appreciate the honesty instead of the tricky ones and agree with Alex and the others, a model deserves to be compensated for her time/attention whether its chit chat how was your day dear , stripping pvts etc.

I'd consider myself to be a Type A Freeloader.

I'm a relatively shy person and I just mostly enjoy being in the rooms to listen, and not always for the naughty stuff. I'm a voyeur, so I enjoy watching a lot more than interaction.

That being said, if I'm in your room and you are giving a show, or collecting tips for one, I'm happy to send some your way to get the show going. I do prefer to give the lower rated models more tokens than the higher rated ones, though. There are some amazing girls ranked lower that just don't seem to climb up the ranks but truly deserve the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.