AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Game of Thrones

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MFCGod said:
Is anyone else continuously underwhelmed by the fighting skills of the unsullied?
Definitely... It's one of, if not the biggest pet peeve I have of the show (that and the complete dropping of the ball on the Dorne storyline, which I didn't really like in the books either).

They were literally standing right in front of the assassin that Jorah killed and just watched him almost assassinate her!

Also if I had to be nitpick, I'd also complain about how in the middle of the battle Dany and Drogon have a moment and for some reason everyone stops fighting, it was a little laughable. Like... Neither dragon or queen is moving or fighting, throw an f'ing spear in her! Now that I mention it, how come they had so many spears for Drogon but couldn't throw one into Dany!

Also the terrible 80's CGI when she was flying away:

Don't get me wrong though, as mentioned earlier, I thought it was a fantastic episode.

ACFFAN69 said:
MFCGod said:
(that and the complete dropping of the ball on the Dorne storyline, which I didn't really like in the books either).

It annoyed me a bit the last episode when Tyrian was talking to Daenerys about what houses would follow her, he said not the Lannisters, the Starks are gone, Tyrells maybe etc

Didn't even mention the Martells psh

I was actually thinking they might end this season with Daenerys flying on the dragon

I wonder what they will end it on now.. maybe Grif :eek: that would certainly be something

Reactions: ACFFAN69
MFCGod said:
ACFFAN69 said:
MFCGod said:
(that and the complete dropping of the ball on the Dorne storyline, which I didn't really like in the books either).

It annoyed me a bit the last episode when Tyrian was talking to Daenerys about what houses would follow her, he said not the Lannisters, the Starks are gone, Tyrells maybe etc

Didn't even mention the Martells psh

I was actually thinking they might end this season with Daenerys flying on the dragon

I wonder what they will end it on now.. maybe Grif :eek: that would certainly be something
I noticed that and it bothered me as well! I'd assume that the Martells would be their #1 supporter.

Huge book spoiler, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK OR DON'T WANT THE NEXT EPISODE SPOILED:
They seemed to have cut Grif/Jon Connington, as they gave the Greyscale to Jorah. I have a feeling they are going to completely cut Aegon out.

Things I know will happen next episode:
- Arya killing Meryn Trant (obvious from last episode)
- Stannis sieging Winterfel (from the episode promo)
- Sansa and Theon "flying" off the wall of Winterfell (from the episode promo)
- Cersei walking naked in the streets of Kings Landing (based on the title of the episode "mother's mercy", the episode promo, and the actress saying she is going to be naked this season).

Things I'm fairly certain will happen:
- Olly and the other Knights Watch stabbing Jon to death (episode description does mention that "Jon is challenged").

Things that might happen:
- Balon Greyjoy being killed (he was on the cast list for next episode but they fake these things sometimes, last year Catelyn was listed in the season finale)

Things that I don't think will happen but maybe:
- Lady Stoneheart appearance (The episode title is "Mother's Mercy", so it does fit... That was one of her nicknames in the appendix of AFFC).
- Dany in the Dothraki Sea having the vision "Dragons plant no trees". I think they are saving this for next season though.

I can see it being a pretty big episode!

Stannis Baratheon...what a weak minded individual doing that to Shireen. I now hope someone puts a cutlas through his windpipe. And if I were Bronn I'd say screw it about going back with Jamie Lannister and instead stay in Dorne and shack up with Tyrene Sand, she acts as if she's into older guys.

Or maybe just Bronn.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Maybe not the best 'episode 9' but pretty great overall. The last few episodes have really saved this season from mediocrity.

The sacrificial burning was probably the most upsetting scene in the show's short history though. I now can't wait to see Stannis and Melisandre be killed in the most horrific of circumstances.

mynameisbob84 said:
Maybe not the best 'episode 9' but pretty great overall. The last few episodes have really saved this season from mediocrity.

The sacrificial burning was probably the most upsetting scene in the show's short history though. I now can't wait to see Stannis and Melisandre be killed in the most horrific of circumstances.

Personally I'm hoping Stannis wins the siege. Then Davos rejoins them and learns of the events. Davos plunges his knife into Melisandre's heart and in the next motion cuts Stannis' head off.

That would be my happy ending for the season.

ACFFAN69 said:
GRRM has responded to the criticism of using rape in his storytelling:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/03/george-rr-martin-thrones-violence-women

“The books reflect a patriarchal society based on the Middle Ages. The Middle Ages were not a time of sexual egalitarianism. It was very classist, dividing people into three classes. And they had strong ideas about the roles of women. One of the charges against Joan of Arc that got her burned at the stake was that she wore men’s clothing—that was not a small thing. There were, of course, some strong and competent women. It still doesn’t change the nature of the society. And if you look at the books, my heroes and viewpoint characters are all misfits. They’re outliers. They don’t fit the roles society has for them. They’re ‘cripples, bastards, and broken things‘—a dwarf, a fat guy who can’t fight, a bastard, and women who don’t fit comfortably into the roles society has for them (though there are also those who do—like Sansa and Catelyn).

“Now there are people who will say to that, ‘Well, he’s not writing history, he’s writing fantasy—he put in dragons, he should have made an egalitarian society.’ Just because you put in dragons doesn’t mean you can put in anything you want. If pigs could fly, then that’s your book. But that doesn’t mean you also want people walking on their hands instead of their feet. If you’re going to do [a fantasy element], it’s best to only do one of them, or a few. I wanted my books to be strongly grounded in history and to show what medieval society was like, and I was also reacting to a lot of fantasy fiction. Most stories depict what I call the ‘Disneyland Middle Ages’—there are princes and princesses and knights in shining armor, but they didn’t want to show what those societies meant and how they functioned.

“I have millions of women readers who love the books, who come up to me and tell me they love the female characters. Some love Arya, some love Dany, some love Sansa, some love Brienne, some love Cersei—there’s thousands of women who love Cersei despite her obvious flaws. It’s a complicated argument. To be non-sexist, does that mean you need to portray an egalitarian society? That’s not in our history; it’s something for science fiction. And 21st century America isn’t egalitarian, either. There are still barriers against women. It’s better than what it was. It’s not Mad Men any more, which was in my lifetime.

“And then there’s the whole issue of sexual violence, which I’ve been criticized for as well. I’m writing about war, which what almost all epic fantasy is about. But if you’re going to write about war, and you just want to include all the cool battles and heroes killing a lot of orcs and things like that and you don’t portray [sexual violence], then there’s something fundamentally dishonest about that. Rape, unfortunately, is still a part of war today. It’s not a strong testament to the human race, but I don’t think we should pretend it doesn’t exist.

“I want to portray struggle. Drama comes out of conflict. If you portray a utopia, then you probably wrote a pretty boring book.”

Good response... I like that he keeps it all pretty nitty gritty. I hate that so many people hate acknowledging the fact that rapists, pedophiles and general shitheads exist. In the books he doesn't glorify it, he just shows that there are those who given half a chance would be very casual about these things, which is completely true seeing as even in todays society these things happen pretty regularly even though the vast majority of people find it sickening. It makes it pretty realistic, and there are still so many strong female leads in the books. It shows the oldest war between men and women and even the wars in individuals, for example when Tyrion marries Sansa and wants to screw her in spite of her age and her not wanting it, and almost goes through with it but backs out last minute. He is a good character because even though like all humans he has bad thoughts he made the choice to do the right thing. It's much more interesting than heroes who barely even consider bad things.

Loving reading everyone's opinions in the spoilers btw! There are so many things about the books that I miss, the series has practically gone so far off the books now that I'm beyond caring. I'm actually really enjoying this series. Not sure if because it's been so long now since I read the books but also because the fourth book was so shit. It can be so frustrating speaking to people who've just watched the series's as it's so different!

That Stannis thing in the last episode though... Interesting one to add in! Ouch! I was NOT expecting that one!

I just finished A Dance With Dragons

Fuck me!

These are massive spoilers from the book so...

Pycell just got killed along with Kevin by Varys :shock: that's mental

Nearly all the main characters are potentially dead :shock:

Jon got stabbed by his brothers and might be dead

Dany is surrounded by a Khal and his horse peoples and seemingly at their mercy

Cersie needs her champion to win or she will be killed

Stanis might be dead according to Ramsay

Jamie might be dead if Brienne led him to the brotherhood which seems likely

Margery might be dead if her trial doesn't go well

At least Sansa, Bran and Arya are safe for the time being I suppose, but fucking hell!

It's mental, farrr more chaos than I had expected, I thought there might be some resolutions but nope! all open ended questions with no answers...

I have no idea what's going to happen in the show now because so many things are different from the book

Great, D&D killed off the 2 characters I was really rooting for. If Jon and Stannis are truly dead, then I am pretty much done with this show.

Also, fuck the Night's Watch. I hope the walkers climb over the Wall and tear the rest of 'em to shreds.

Season finale..

Going to just talk about Jon because that's what interests me most

That's the last thing that happened to Jon in the book, he gets stabbed, but it doesn't say he is dead, so anything I say now isn't a spoiler just speculation on my part.

Tbh I don't think Jon Snow can die, it would make there no real story surrounding the wall anymore

I'm assuming Lady Melisandre is going to save him with some magic, or bring him back to life, either one.. the red priest brought back Dondarion enough times

Stanis wasn't shown dead either, and he isn't confirmed dead in the books

I think what is going to happen, is Jon (maybe along with Stanis) is going to take command of the wildling forces and hopefully deal out some justice to the Boltons & the traitors at the nights watch

I said above I thought ollie (that character isn't in the books) was going to stab Jon, and he did, the little cunt

Also it frees Jon up to be warden of the north now

Crazy episode. So much stuff went down. Loved Arya being a badass. Loved Theon finally redeeming himself. Have no idea who those dudes that surrounded Khaleesi are. Loved seeing Tyrion back with Varys. Walk of shame lady was fucking annoying. Shame. Shame. Scene felt way too long. Hated the scene where Brienne just misses the lighting, too common. Night's Watch are a bunch of shitheads. Loved the look on Stannis's face before and after he drew his sword. Loved that they didn't bother with showing the slaughter. Loved that Stannis was again first to fight and that he made it out alive, maybe, or at least almost. Going to be a brutal wait for the next season.

PunkInDrublic said:
Crazy episode. So much stuff went down. Loved Arya being a badass. Loved Theon finally redeeming himself. Have no idea who those dudes that surrounded Khaleesi are. Loved seeing Tyrion back with Varys. Walk of shame lady was fucking annoying. Shame. Shame. Scene felt way too long. Hated the scene where Brienne just misses the lighting, too common. Night's Watch are a bunch of shitheads. Loved the look on Stannis's face before and after he drew his sword. Loved that they didn't bother with showing the slaughter. Loved that Stannis was again first to fight and that he made it out alive, maybe, or at least almost. Going to be a brutal wait for the next season.

The people who surrounded Khaleesi are the Dothraki, the people of her late husband.

Is Jon Snow the new candidate running for Lady Stoneheart? lol

I don't understand anything anymore. Books and TV show are almost together on their plots and I'm considering reading the books cause AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH I wanna see for myself all the possible hints that might be hidden inside all those thousand pages. WHICH I KNOW DOESN'T CARE AT ALL cause they might change everything but AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH something must be done in order to control my anxiety.

Reactions: JessieWolfe
Putting this in a spoiler because book stuff that hasn't been in the show so far. This is pretty spoilery so I don't recommend you read it if you aren't a book reader who's finished all 5 books so far.

Jon had to die to be released from his Night's Watch vows.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

So, Jon has fulfilled his vows. He lived and died at his post, and now his watch has ended. Melisandre will resurrect him, because there's pretty much literally no other reason for her to be at the wall. She abandoned Stannis the Mannis when she realized that it wasn't him she had been seeing in the flames, but Jon Snow all along:

Melisandre had practiced her art for years beyond count, and she had paid the price. There was no one, even in her order, who had her skill at seeing the secrets half-revealed and half-concealed within the sacred flames. Yet now she could not even seem to find her king. I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R' hllor shows me only Snow.

Why is it important that Jon be released from his vows? Because as a sworn brother of the NW, he can wear no crowns. But if R+L=J is true (which come on this is all but canon at this point) then he will need to be freed of these vows, honorably, to take his throne.

Melisandre has not brought anyone back to life yet, but we know another red priest who has done so many times: Thoros of Myr. Not to mention, there is power in kings' blood, and a lot of royal blood has been spilled lately: Shireen, possibly Stannis, and let's not forget the slowly growing pool of blood under our main man Jonnyboy. So yeah, Jon is really dead. But he'll be back.

TLDR: He ded

When people talk about slut shaming, I'm going to think of the scene with Cersei. Somehow a nasty tweets just aren't in the same league. I actually felt sorry for her.

Reactions: Poison_Ivy21
WHAT. THE. FUCK?? :(

Fuck the Night's Watch.

After last week, I was more than happy to watch Stannis die, so I hope he's still alive for no greater reason than an off-screen death would be a completely unsatisfying end for that character.

Speaking of off-screen deaths, Sansa and Theon shouldn't have been able to survive that fall but surely they wouldn't have killed them both off with such little fanfare? Was glad to see Theon finally take a step toward redeeming himself if nothing else.

Arya FTW.

After being a petty tyrant and all around cunt for 4 seasons , they actually made me feel sorry for Cersei. I now want to see her wreak vengeance on the religious cult with the help of that giant gold man (who was he anyway?).

The Boltons can't win, can they?

Fuck the Night's Watch again

mynameisbob84 said:

Fuck the Night's Watch.

After last week, I was more than happy to watch Stannis die, so I hope he's still alive for no greater reason than an off-screen death would be a completely unsatisfying end for that character.

Speaking of off-screen deaths, Sansa and Theon shouldn't have been able to survive that fall but surely they wouldn't have killed them both off with such little fanfare? Was glad to see Theon finally take a step toward redeeming himself if nothing else.

Arya FTW.

After being a petty tyrant and all around cunt for 4 seasons , they actually made me feel sorry for Cersei. I now want to see her wreak vengeance on the religious cult with the help of that giant gold man (who was he anyway?).

answer to question inside
The Mountain That Rides aka Ser Gregor Clegane

as an aside, in the books, it is known that (former)Maester Qyburn was doing experiments on him while the poison on Oberyns spear slowly killed him, but he hadn't come back yet as a "zombie"

and it's pretty much all about Dany, we thought it was about the Starks, but nope.

Best review to an episode ever.

clicking play constitutes a legally binding spoiler alert.

Reactions: JessieWolfe
Crumb said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Fuck the Night's Watch.

Arya FTW.

answer to question inside
The Mountain That Rides aka Ser Gregor Clegane

as an aside, in the books, it is known that (former)Maester Qyburn was doing experiments on him while the poison on Oberyns spear slowly killed him, but he hadn't come back yet as a "zombie"

and it's pretty much all about Dany, we thought it was about the Starks, but nope.

Ah, it figured it might have been him, but wasn't sure :handgestures-salute:

The latest episode, on the subject of Winterfell..

Was anyone else unsatisfied with wreak breaking back into Theon?

He watched Sansa get raped and didn't change

He had a chance to help Sansa escape by lighting the candle and he went straight to Ramsay

Then when she threatened her with the arrow he finally broke... surely the rape was the time to say enough is enough, jesus

Imagine if they've landed in a snow bank at the bottom of the wall, they survived but their legs are broken and that's how Ramsay finds them.. fuck lol

LilyEvans said:
Putting this in a spoiler because book stuff that hasn't been in the show so far. This is pretty spoilery so I don't recommend you read it if you aren't a book reader who's finished all 5 books so far.

So, Jon has fulfilled his vows. He lived and died at his post, and now his watch has ended. Melisandre will resurrect him, because there's pretty much literally no other reason for her to be at the wall. She abandoned Stannis the Mannis when she realized that it wasn't him she had been seeing in the flames, but Jon Snow all along:

Melisandre had practiced her art for years beyond count, and she had paid the price. There was no one, even in her order, who had her skill at seeing the secrets half-revealed and half-concealed within the sacred flames. Yet now she could not even seem to find her king. I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R' hllor shows me only Snow.

Why is it important that Jon be released from his vows? Because as a sworn brother of the NW, he can wear no crowns. But if R+L=J is true (which come on this is all but canon at this point) then he will need to be freed of these vows, honorably, to take his throne.

Melisandre has not brought anyone back to life yet, but we know another red priest who has done so many times: Thoros of Myr. Not to mention, there is power in kings' blood, and a lot of royal blood has been spilled lately: Shireen, possibly Stannis, and let's not forget the slowly growing pool of blood under our main man Jonnyboy. So yeah, Jon is really dead. But he'll be back.

:twocents-02cents:

I thought about it too 'cause, as you said, wtf is Melisandre doing there... But... does she have anywhere else to go? In the books she never leaves the Wall anyways. Ok, this is not a strong enough argument. haha

But I'm really not sure if she will resurrect him or if Jon Snow is a warg and will be alive inside Ghost. I'm honestly 50/50 into those two hypothesis.

Mainly after you Lily mentioned the reason he might be dead.

About Cersei:

I only read the walk of shame chapter because a friend who knows I'm into feminist stuff asked me to. And.... WHERE IS THE HAIRS GROWS BACK QUOTE? Cersei is not weak. She should not be depicted as weak. But at least Lena Headey nailed it.

Pheebs said:
LilyEvans said:

:twocents-02cents:

I thought about it too 'cause, as you said, wtf is Melisandre doing there... But... does she have anywhere else to go? In the books she never leaves the Wall anyways. Ok, this is not a strong enough argument. haha

But I'm really not sure if she will resurrect him or if Jon Snow is a warg and will be alive inside Ghost. I'm honestly 50/50 into those two hypothesis.

Mainly after you Lily mentioned the reason he might be dead.

About Cersei:

I only read the walk of shame chapter because a friend who knows I'm into feminist stuff asked me to. And.... WHERE IS THE HAIRS GROWS BACK QUOTE? Cersei is not weak. She should not be depicted as weak. But at least Lena Headey nailed it.

Still with the super books spoilers!

About Jon:

I thought there was a possibility he would warg into Ghost as he died, but now I think that is out of the question for the show. For one thing, basically only Bran has been shown to warg so far, and Ghost has hardly been seen at all this season except when he was the deus ex machina to save Sam and Gilly; it would be really confusing to show-only people if Jon suddenly can randomly become a wolf. Also, Jon's eyes didn't white out like Bran's do when he wargs into Summer. I really hope they will explore the warging of the Starks more in the coming seasons though; I have high hopes that Arya will warg into a cat or something like in the books, now that she's blind. I'm also really REALLY hoping (even though it's like a 1% chance of happening) that we'll see more of her crazy wolf Nymeria running around the Riverlands with her wolfpack. Maybe we'll get to see some Lady Stoneheart through Wolf-o-vision (get hype?)

I think that could still happen in the books, especially because we see a lot more of Jon's "wolf dreams" there, and also his final word/thought as he gets stabbed is, "Ghost." Still, we know that the books and TV show are going in different directions but will end up at the same point, so it could be that Mel will resurrect him in the show while he becomes Ghost in the books before he gets rezzed.

Concerning Cersei:

I think Cersei isn't broken. You could see when she was trying to defend her adultery, she started getting heated and worked up talking about how her husband was always whoring around. I think she realized she needed to play along with the High Sparrow to get what she wanted and get out of her cell, even if it meant lying about repenting for her sins. There wasn't really time for her to mention her hair, since in the book it's all internal monologue which can't really be shown on TV...but I have a feeling that Cersei is about to rip the faith a new one, or die trying.

Reactions: Rose and ACFFAN69
Book to show theories/spoilers:
We know GRRM said that Shireen is burnt in the books, so my theory is... End of last book Jon read the pink letter. Melisandre is distraught and in anguish takes Shireen and uses her blood to "resurrect Azor Ahai and Save Stannis!" (foolishly thinking this plea is one and the same). This will resurrect Jon, who will now be released from his oath (dead and risen again) and basically seen as Jesus to the Wildlings who will follow him to Winterfell... To end up saving Stannis and taking the city as his own. Littlefinger will marry Sansa and ally with Jon, creating a North and Vale union with Stannis backing.

In the show, I actually suspect that Stannis is not dead. His last words were "go on, do your duty". This emboldened Brienne to not follow through with vengeance but instead plan to use him as leverage against Roose to trade him for Sansa. Her duty now is not to exact vengeance, but to save the innocent. Roose will make this deal because he is in fear of Littlefinger and his approaching army (who was sent out from Cersei because he was harboring Sansa). Melisandre is in shambles (as was clear by her reaction entering Castle Black this last episode), she has accepted Jon as Azor Ahai and on Jon's death she will make the same deal sans mentioning Stannis (sadly no kings blood in this storyline). Jon will be reborn, bring the Wildlings south to Winterfell and take the city with Littlefinger. Littlefinger will end up marrying Sansa and ally with Jon. Book and Show will match.

Maybe it's a far out there, but it makes total sense, knowing that Shireen is sacrificed in the books.

There was so much death in the last two episodes. So here's a happy little palate cleanser for you all:

ok, ok, I'm sorry. Don't kill me. Yes I know that video is horrible and wrong. But horrible and wrong is what you should expect from the Game of Thrones. :p

Always_Tim said:
There was so much death in the last two episodes. So here's a happy little palate cleanser for you all:

ok, ok, I'm sorry. Don't kill me. Yes I know that video is horrible and wrong. But horrible and wrong is what you should expect from the Game of Thrones. :p
It's brilliant, It's so brilliant. :crybaby:

Reactions: KatVonnegut
Status
Not open for further replies.