AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Game of Thrones

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdy_Boy

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 1, 2011
I began reading Book 1 before Game of Thrones was announced as a HBO series. I really enjoyed the book with its plots within plots, where several factions vie for the throne.

This is my most anticipated show this year. From the cast and the trailers, this series looks promising. I can't wait.

Check out the new preview trailer:

Wow they're actually making it?? I heard about this like 4 or 5 years ago but then heard nothing else I assumed it was shelved. I hope it does the series justice, it wouldn't be easy. Best fantasy series of all time.

Just wish he'd get his ass moving on Dance of Dragons which is now like 4 years late...I'm scared he's gonna die before he finishes it like Robert Jordan did.

Jupiter551 said:
Just wish he'd get his ass moving on Dance of Dragons which is now like 4 years late...I'm scared he's gonna die before he finishes it like Robert Jordan did.

Grrr tell me about it....I have the same fear!

I actually just checked amazon yesterday and theres a new release date set for June 12th I think...but we'll see :roll:

This was my favorite fantasy series a few years ago but I fear I've forgotten almost the entire plot, and don't know if I'll pick them up again until the WHOLE series is finished....I can't reread all the books every 5+ years when a new one comes out!

Wow you're right! Awesome this time it's a real date he announced it on http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

But there's no way this is the last book (btw Jon Snow is so the bastard son of Prince Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark and will probably end up married off to Danaerys or making a rival claim to the throne? Maybe, my personal little theory lol.)

Anyways yeah...this can't even be like much more than halfway done at most because remember, winter is coming :D The night watch fought off an army of wildlings being driven south by the Others...I think soon the nobles squabbling is gonna be small potatoes.

Oh and the video game Dragon Age just shamelessly lifted half this story lol.

CannaMiss said:
This was my favorite fantasy series a few years ago but I fear I've forgotten almost the entire plot, and don't know if I'll pick them up again until the WHOLE series is finished....I can't reread all the books every 5+ years when a new one comes out!

Yeah lol...well you could read a wikipedia plot summary or something to brush up I guess, I've read them all a few times lol. I gave up on Robert Jordan years ago cos of that, cos at one point I waited like 4 years for his next 1200 page slab to come out, and had completely forgotten what was going on, and just gave up. But yeah he died before he finished the series, which I always find darkly humorous, since I always thought it was really long-winded lol.

He wasn't as bad except for this one, all the others were like 2 years or so if I recall, this one was particularly long I guess he must have had writer's block or started over at one point because almost 3 years ago he posted that he was almost done and that it should be ready soon, then in like jan 2008 he said he wouldn't post again til he was finished, no matter how long that was. Then 3 days ago he posted the release date.

Funny thing is, this is actually sort of the second half of A Feast For Crows because originally he split the two books by writing the perspectives of one half in Crows, and the other half of the characters in Dragons.

Hello, fellow Song of Ice and Fire lovers! Does everyone know who the Ice and Fire character is? :D

I'm rereading the 1st book right now. I am sooooo excited about Dance With Dragons. I'm hoping that since Feast for Crows and Dance With Dragons weren't planned that the next book might be written more quickly. I figure since he didn't plan to write them that's why he kept getting writer's block. I think he has the rest all figured out and just has to write it into a book. Here's to hoping!

And Sean Bean as Eddard is a total giveaway to the end of season 1 lol.

AshaSnow said:
Hello, fellow Song of Ice and Fire lovers! Does everyone know who the Ice and Fire character is? :D
Damn, I've seen your nick on the MFC homepage plenty of times, but it never occurred to me it might be an ASOIAF reference. :lol:

Anyways, been trying not to pee myself anticipating this series since it was first announced. I'm such a huge fan it'll pretty much make all other TV shows obsolete for me, heh. Should also reread the books before picking up Dance with Dragons, though.

ahh wow asha stark...asha snow....haha...I never thought of that, you have good taste madam :)

Jupiter551 said:
ahh wow asha stark...asha snow....haha...I never thought of that, you have good taste madam :)
There's no Asha Stark, just Arya and Sansa. Though I can understand the combination of the two might conjure up a confused recollection of "Asha", so it's not like you're a dumbass or anything. :icon-ugeek:

After googling: Oh yeah, there's Asha Greyjoy of course.

[/anal retentive]

Bwahahaa yup. I thought "Arya Snow" or "Arya Stark" wouldn't have been a very sexy name. So I thought about other good female characters and went with Asha Greyjoy, but I really love the bastard name Snow because I am a bastard and I love Jon Snow. So there ya go "Asha Snow" :)

Nordick said:
Jupiter551 said:
There's no Asha Stark, just Arya and Sansa. Though I can understand the combination of the two might conjure up a confused recollection of "Asha", so it's not like you're a dumbass or anything. :icon-ugeek:

After googling: Oh yeah, there's Asha Greyjoy of course.

[/anal retentive]

Ahh yep, it's been a few years since I read the last one now lol

AshaSnow said:
Bwahahaa yup. I thought "Arya Snow" or "Arya Stark" wouldn't have been a very sexy name. So I thought about other good female characters and went with Asha Greyjoy, but I really love the bastard name Snow because I am a bastard and I love Jon Snow. So there ya go "Asha Snow" :)

Yup plus Arya Stark is like what, 9 or 10 at the latest book? :p Yah I always kinda liked that each region had it's own bastard name lol - Stone, Flowers, Rivers...Snow.
Are you really a bastard Asha? I mean in the technical sense? lol

AshaSnow said:
When I saw you post earlier, I figured you name was a referencing to Jon Snow. One of my favorite characters too, and so great that your model name comes from ASOIAF. So you definitely deserve some brownie points.:-D

AshaSnow said:
Yes, my parents to this day never got married (though they've lived together since before I was conceived -- and there is no common law marriage in Louisiana)

Well, I guess in the old days if they suddenly married and had a kid you'd be disinherited! I dont think it was always it was portrayed in the books and movies though...kings could basically make any child they wanted their heir, and even William the Conqueror was a bastard.

You must watch Game of Thrones premiere on HBO at 9/8c tonight. A least watch the first episode, to see if you get hooked, like so many of us with the books.

Also tune in 15 minutes before the premiere to catch the pre-show.

I thought everything was spot-on... except for the *way too bleached-blonde look* of the Targaryens. The too-obvious contrast between hair/eyebrows was distracting... then she got naked, so that was cool. :)

SERIOUSLY, though, the visuals were excellent - The Wall was every bit as imposing as I hoped it would have been.

This has the makings of a *great* series. :clap:

Yup, at least by the first episode, it was pretty much as fantastically well done as I've been hoping and anticipating ever since I heard of the series being made. :) The actors were all very fitting and overall I can't think of anything really worth complaining about. And I'm glad they went the way of making Daenerys older so they can show her naked, instead of keeping her the same age but "cleaning" her role up... because the actress playing her is gorgeous. :mrgreen:
Even the opening credits sequence was amazingly good, with the map and funky clockwork cities and the sublime theme music.

HBO, I fucking salute you. :headbang:

AshaSnow said:

I know there was a reason I like you, Asha--besides your rediculous hotness of course!
You have Good Taste in Geeky Things!

I so hope people love this show--they will not be prepared for all the shocking twists as the show goes on!

Jay

I'm of two minds whether to watch it now and salivate each week waiting for the next one...or try and forget about it so I can watch the whole series at once later

AshaSnow said:
How was episode 2, boys? :)

Asha - it was fantastic.

They should just go ahead and give Peter Dinklage the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Miniseries right now... he's absolutely perfect as Tyrion!

I won't put any spoilers here, but you'll love the interaction between Tyrion and Jon Snow.

mistahbah said:
They should just go ahead and give Peter Dinklage the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Miniseries right now... he's absolutely perfect as Tyrion!
Agreed. Tyrion was one of my favorite characters in the book and Peter Dinklage is a great actor.

I always pictured Tyrion as (hideously) ugly...as the book portrayed him that way. I'm sure I'll be brought around by the guy's performance tho (haven't yet seen it), I've got high hopes cos Tyrion's sections in the books are possibly my favourite.

Yup, episode 2 was awesome, and I have to jump on the bandwagon of Dinklage-praise here.
His performance is brilliant. He might not be as hideously malformed as the book version, but his delivery and mannerisms are perfectly spot-on with my image of the character.

And all the other casting choices so far have been more or less fitting as well, there are none I really disagree with. Lena Headey is good as the ice-queen Cersei, Joffrey looks exactly like the little shit he is, and Mark Addy does an admirably rowdy job as Robert. Although it's too bad they didn't get Brian Blessed for the role, he'd have been even better. His performance in the first Black Adder series is pretty Robert-y as it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1zjeYhJs7o

Oh yeah, and That Scene with Daenerys getting... educated? Holy shiiiiiit that was HOT.

poor danaerys 14 and getting sold to mongols, *ahem* excuse me - dothraki :lol: (I know she's not 14 in this version but I still cringe a bit lol)

actually there's only two things in the previews that I saw that make me dislike the casting -

1. Lena Headley's sympathy towards Cersei and opinion that she used to love Robert makes me think she's never actually read the books

2. Renly seems kinda weedy and just average. The books consistently describe him as being the absolute spitting image of Robert when he took the throne, so much so that people do a double-take, and Robert is described as a very large man who's let himself go, who in his prime wielded a massive two-handed warhammer and was, I quote, "muscled like a maiden's fantasy".

Most of Renly's later claim to the throne is completely illegitimate and pretty much rides on the fact that he looks the part of the triumphant, younger Robert when he took the throne. Without that he's just an incompetent fop.

Hmmm, I haven't watched a lot of the previews, so I wasn't aware of those things... I can see your point though. We'll just have to see how the show handles Renly, then.

Also, I have a little bit of criticism too. I think there should've been something in the first episode to explain two things to viewers who are unfamiliar with the setting: A) That the seasons in this world can erratically last years, with the current several year summer slowly starting to turn to autumn, and B) The noble houses all have their own mottos, and the Stark one is "Winter is coming." Because without these two bits of knowledge, the characters uttering said motto in a few scenes might not make that much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.