AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Geeky hobbies

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2010
Well, it's obvious that if you come here,you spend time on the computer just a little bit. But, what other geeky/nerdy hobbies do you have? Personally I watch Smallville and the Clone wars cartoon, along with Fringe every so often. I also play video games (duh!) , read a little bit of comics, I just get maybe one title a month, watch some anime, and I collect action figures. What about anyone else? To be honest I don't think anyone has a right to judge anyone by their hobbies on here- we all watch camwhores after all ;) .

Hmmm I dont know if these are "geeky" but here goes...

I raise chickens (geeky on it's own) and can treat and diagnose nearly every chicken illness, pick out breeds, give you statistical info ie, egg production, lifespan, common ailments. Even geekier, I love to sit outside and watch "chicken tv" on summer days.

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things morbid, I study it. You may find me on sites like dreamindemon.com, or the doenetwork.org trying to identify unclaimed Jane and John does by running them against cold case files.

I know your all thinking WEIRDO :eek:

I don't think either of you have particularly geeky hobbies, some are interesting, but I dunno, is geeky even a bad thing?

I've played PC games since I was a kid, and always will, aside from that I read, a lot, I have boxes of books I cant fit on my bookcase and 730-something on my Kindle lol.

This isnt geeky..but i love to train my 7 month old Australian Sheppard. Soon enough when hes a year or so we are going to start to do agility :)

Cassana said:
This isnt geeky..but i love to train my 7 month old Australian Sheppard. Soon enough when hes a year or so we are going to start to do agility :)

This is the second time I've seen someone mention an Australian Shepherd and as an ex-owner of a kelpie (aussie sheepherding dog) I was wondering if they were the same thing, and why I'd never heard of this Australian Shepherd. I wiki'd lol.

Wikipedia said:
The Australian shepherd is a breed of herding dog that was developed on ranches in the Western United States. Despite its name, the breed, commonly known as an Aussie, did not originate in Australia. They acquired their name because some of the Australian sheepdogs arrived in the United States with boatloads of Australian sheep.

It's the Outback Steakhouse of dogs! ie we aussies had nothing to do with it, but we demand back the remains of our kidnapped dogs :((

I like fucking around with programming, troubleshooting, and I like taking computers and shit apart and put them back together. I used to take computer programming and engineering for fun.

And I research medical anatomy and watch documentaries on all sorts of shit.

All while wearing thick rimmed glasses.

Jupiter551 said:
Cassana said:

This is the second time I've seen someone mention an Australian Shepherd and as an ex-owner of a kelpie (aussie sheepherding dog) I was wondering if they were the same thing, and why I'd never heard of this Australian Shepherd. I wiki'd lol.

Wikipedia said:
The Australian shepherd is a breed of herding dog that was developed on ranches in the Western United States. Despite its name, the breed, commonly known as an Aussie, did not originate in Australia. They acquired their name because some of the Australian sheepdogs arrived in the United States with boatloads of Australian sheep.

It's the Outback Steakhouse of dogs! ie we aussies had nothing to do with it, but we demand back the remains of our kidnapped dogs :((

Now if only he could bring me a bloomin onion!!

Jupiter551 said:
Cassana said:
Now if only he could bring me a bloomin onion!!

haha yeah that's an american invention too ;p bloomin' americans :p

Yeah, we like to call it after other countries. Case in point: French Toast and French Fries. :p

My geeky hobbies:

-anime (trying to catch up on the classics, currently working on Trigun)
-geeky shows (Star Trek, Fringe, Lie to Me, Dexter)
-reading sci-fi/fantasy and mystery
-verifying facts when someone else isn't convinced that I'm right
-editing my mfc profile code
-oogling computer parts

Used to come up with simple java programs

my geeky hobbies:

I read, a lot, although I've dropped off a bit lately because I can't seem to get into the book I'm reading now but I don't want to give up on it and move on.
90% of the books I read are fantasy novels.
Magic: the Gathering, used to play fairly frequently, but haven't done that in a while but I'd like to get back into it.
video games

there's probably more, but I'm drawing a blank.

Coding,
Binary conversations
Masturbating to keyboards
building computers
IRC
MTG
Old games
Muds
Other types of text based games
Masturbating to really geeky men on IRC
helping hot chicks with HTML
Editing my theme, including details
Fucking with my registry
Trolling, in the less retarded way

Nintendo DS addict
Viewer of so very many horror movies
compulsive collector of nerdy things

AshaSnow said:
I also like giving blow jobs to my guy as he reads a good book o.0

They need some kind of forum where readers can link up with the girls that want to blow them....

Final Fantasy addict right here. :)

I collect action figures, and comic books most specifically vinyl action figures but not to be forgotten my Bruce Campbell paraphernalia and also my slowly growing collection of cute anime girls and creatures. I also read a large quantity of manga, and watch a large quantity of anime. I watch korean soap operas. I love zombie comics and films, the more gore the happier I am. I have a collection of sparkley pink dice for when I play d&d....

LadyLuna said:
My geeky hobbies:

-anime (trying to catch up on the classics, currently working on Trigun)
-geeky shows (Star Trek, Fringe, Lie to Me, Dexter)

I died a little when you implied Trigun is a classic. I remember when it came out. It looked awesome. It played out like a comedy sci fi western. Then it got all stupid and fake serious and the second half was nothing like the first half. Call it classic if you must, I call it forgettable.
Also, Dexter is geeky? Based on a pop pulp novel and generally not seeming at all geeky but rather mainstream with better production due to it being Showtime and not network TV.

I have a lot of geeky hobbies though.
I read a lot, and usually technical stuff, educational stuff or intellectual stuff. No pulp novels for me.
I play RPGs on the computer and consoles. As well as other games.
I also play RPGs at a table in a basement with other people. Things like Savage Worlds, Dungeons and Dragons and more. We play for about 8 hours once a week.
Computers, programing, all that good stuff.
Watch sci-fi. I wouldn't call anime geeky or nerdy anymore. Maybe back before it had dedicated sections even at walmart it could have been, but now it's everywhere and mainstream. The obscurity and work needed for it was really what made it geeky, now the only work needed is wading through the crap to find the good stuff.
I collect comics.
Go go comic conventions and gaming conventions.

Frankly right now I'm playing Mortal Kombat and there are gundam models on my floor, not to mention the model rockets. Three computers in this one room, a wall covered in video games. An Atari 2600 sits in the corner with THREE OTHERS.

I fish whenever I can! I'm kinda crazy about fishing.
I also like to shoot stuff and blow shit up.
I really enjoy collecting strange, random shit. I have a "Flame Retarded" mask... yes... retarded not retardant.
I have a talking Steve Irwin action figure (in the box). A smoking baby incense burner (don't really care for incense)... Jesus and Virgin De Guadalupe candles... a Russian stacking doll set... hand delivered from Russia! A unicorn given to me in person by QueenMeadow! I kinda like to geek out on the art on the label backing of Sailor Jerry's spiced rum bottles.
And I'm a total dork for Dinosaurs.

I've got a few....

1) Like statistics and actually do them for fun when I find interesting data.
2) Listen to shortwave radio - world band and ham/marine ssb......did you know you can pick up radio romania on the east coast? Cool during 9/11 listening to the arab slant on things. My best long distance listen was Australia.
3) have a corporate job working for the man
4) Love to read non-fiction - history, philosophy, travel essay.

I enjoy making graphic banners...skip that, love making banners. I do some reading from time to time, I have 2 books, one I am yet to finish & the other just collects dust at the moment. I love to play the old video games, pacman/galaga/galaxians/centipede & crash bandit. I enjoy building plastic model kits. I also sew from time to time, mainly tailor my own clothing. I try and learn all I can about building websites/codes ect. I ride my bicycle all the time. And I love listening to music & watching movies.

where do i start?

I've been playing Magic:the Gathering off and on (mostly on)since the Ice Age set came out
There is a Legos Robotic in my closet from an AP robotics course I took in highschool
I am a WoW player
I play many "geek-games" tabletop games like Empire maker (aka rails) Dominion Settlers of Catan
I've watched EVERY naruto episode (including the movies and shippudan)
I was a 2 time captain of my schools' varsity quiz-busters team and I still compete in local trivia leagues
lastly, even if this doesn't constitute as a hobby, my job history includes being a PATRIOT missle systems advanced operator/maintanor as well as a Radiological Control Technician. I have a verbal pre-acceptance to MIT and once I get my life back on track (as well as a couple refresher courses beforehand) I will be moving out to Mass to attend the geekiest school in the entire US.

AshaSnow said:
Oh I forgot! I also watch anime, listen to japanese music (along with some cantonese and korean as well), and love Gir from Invader Zim with a passion. I also like giving blow jobs to my guy as he reads a good book o.0
I don't watch as much anime as I used to since I've got alot of fan-subbed Super Sentai to watch! That, and the anime industry here in America as well as Japan has taken a nosedive. There was a story that I heard on a podcast that the Japanese anime creators weren't doing such a great job with the regular stuff that they had to resort to making hentai just to stay afloat which is terrible!

I also listen to Japanese music, but just gaming soundtracks as well as some licensed music from anime, read manga, and collect old school games and consoles which is a new hobby I started a while back.

I read and read and read. Books are the most amazing thing ever, so much to learn and so many fantasy worlds to get lost in.

I been into computers since 9yo, practically watched the computer age come to life, can dissemble a computer and put it back together, usually build my own.
Love manga and jap anime, I love watching sc-fi and horror films. Big fan of all the 3 CSI shows and criminal minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.