AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

getting/keeping good regulars

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that bleaching my hair has affected my reading comprehension and threw a few points off my IQ (kinda like in that Joss Whedon film about a House in the Woods or something...)

BUT.... I'm confused.

What are you on about? Are you saying that models should talk more in public chat and hustle less? You want us to pretend that ... what we like... like for realz... ? And e-mail random members randomly? Like... why? Or... what do you want? Yes... I'm very confused.... And hot models don't work as much....? huh? I actually wonder how the models you do spend on would feel over your statement that you picked them because they are not too hot so..... I guess easier to get a cheap wank off?

Also... your comparison to Strip Clubs is completely off the mark. Camming and dancing are two completely different kettle of fish!

What does it really take? A stroke of luck. Plain and simple.

You have to be a type of girl that some random guy likes, you have to be on at the time said guy logs in, and you have to be lucky he'll find you out of thousands of other models on different sites. You have to be lucky that going to a camsite isn't something he has to hide or it's something that he'll do regularly, that you were having a good day and we're smiling and he didn't come in for the 10 seconds you managed to look pissy or on an off day.

I don't agree... Somewhat. I would say that very few girls at the top are there because some guy found her and Fairy God-Member'd her there. They're there because if they work hard, they put in the hours, they look hot AF to their members, and they cultivate their BUSINESS.

Your second paragraph. You're talking like that isn't all work, but rather ALL on the member/luck. It's not lucky she's online, she's the one who got online. It's not lucky she's on at the same time as said guy, she's been working hard to make sure she's on at times that increase her exposure/or staying online a shit ton. It's not lucky that she was smiling, SHE was the one smiling! She works HARD to be engaging while she's online, and if smiling is part of that for her market, then so be it! There's not one Fairy God-Member. There are a lot of members. She's not waiting for one.

Luck plays some part. Yes, you could do everything "right" and still not rise all the way to the top. But saying it's luck "plain and simple" is inaccurate and sort of lame because it discounts all the work cam gals do.

I don't agree... Somewhat. I would say that very few girls at the top are there because some guy found her and Fairy God-Member'd her there. They're there because if they work hard, they put in the hours, they look hot AF to their members, and they cultivate their BUSINESS.

I do think it's luck to some extent to be a top girl, that they naturally have attributes that suited the line of work

There have been hundreds of WWE wrestlers but you can't replicate a Stone Cold Steve Austin or Rock just though hard work

Some people just have a natural charisma and look that connects with an audience, I think it's the same with camming

I know a top ranking miss MFC model might say "I worked 16 hours per day everyday!" but for me that's a flawed argument because it's easier to sit on cam 16 hours if you're making thousands of dollars; sitting on cam 16 hours for most girls will just kill their camscore

You have to get to a certain level to be able to put those hours in and it not be counterproductive

Hard work can only get you so far

I do think it's luck to some extent to be a top girl, that they naturally have attributes that suited the line of work

There have been hundreds of WWE wrestlers but you can't replicate a Stone Cold Steve Austin or Rock just though hard work

Some people just have a natural charisma and look that connects with an audience, I think it's the same with camming

I know a top ranking miss MFC model might say "I worked 16 hours per day everyday!" but for me that's a flawed argument because it's easier to sit on cam 16 hours if you're making thousands of dollars; sitting on cam 16 hours for most girls will just kill their camscore

You have to get to a certain level to be able to put those hours in and it not be counterproductive

Hard work can only get you so far

I can agree with your statement. I can't agree with his. His statement seemed too heavily dependent on the mercy of one magical member. Maybe it was just the way he phrased it, but it seemed to COMPLETELY remove the hard work that these ladies do from the equation. "A stroke of luck. Plain and simple." That's just not true for most.

I can agree with your statement. I can't agree with his. His statement seemed too heavily dependent on the mercy of one magical member. Maybe it was just the way he phrased it, but it seemed to COMPLETELY remove the hard work that these ladies do from the equation. "A stroke of luck. Plain and simple." That's just not true for most.

I haven't been reading what he has to say :bag: the first post was enough to know I would have to pick out too many things to disagree with lol

"I worked 16 hours per day everyday!" but for me that's a flawed argument because it's easier to sit on cam 16 hours if you're making thousands of dollars; sitting on cam 16 hours for most girls will just kill their camscore
Yeeeeeepp. That's been my biggest beef when girls preach that luck isn't a thing and all it takes is putting in the hours. It is a LOT easier to sit on cam for hours on end when each hour is raking in thousands of tokens.

Mainly I would say that it isn't entirely dependent on you and that if anything there are a lot of external factors that are out of not only your control but members control as well.

As summed up at the end of my post. It wasn't about one magical member, but just a train of thoughts about contributing factors.

For example: Take two new models, both with the same hair,eyes,figure etc, same camscore, good equipment, positive vibe, work same hours etc.

If on paper everything is the same, then you have to understand the outside factors that come into play. And that could be it's own separate discussion in itself.

However, this isn't about a god member swooping in to save the day, the topic of discussion is what keeps a good regular. Which is to say, what keeps a member coming back to YOU month after month. And that isn't something which can be generalized and stickied that every girl can follow and be successful.

Acknowledging that there was a bit of luck involved doesn't take away from or in any way diminish the hard work that has been put in. I feel like when people say there is some luck involved some people almost take it as an insult. No one is successful from pure dumb luck alone in the same way that no one is successful just from pure hard work, you need a bit of both. Although I would say the hard work is more important as you need to capitalize and build on that initial spark of luck.

Hard work sets someone up for success. Hard work helps maintain and improve upon success. But at the end of the day, luck plays a role in a lot of success, especially in the entertainment industry. If hard work automatically generated success, all the cam models I watch, and at least half of the people I work with, would be weeeeeeeell off.

I was trying to point out all the times when going in exc/pvt. The model would only try to hustle you. And it's ok if that is how you like to cam. I used to spend a lot of time in strip clubs. I was a supplier. So I kinda got to get all kinds of funny hustles. The dancers could pull off. I don't see any harm in that type of show. But it does start to have a negative effect on what members look for before going to paid chat. I've had the same talk with two other members. That avoid going in room that has a great hot profile pic. Only because it seems to happen in those rooms. I truly think it harmless. And kinda hot. When you get hustled by a model that is very good at it. Not many of those. And yeah you will more members pass up on some great rooms. Just because of pass show hustles. Very sorry about the way it came out. And I should have thought about what I wrote. And definitely how it comes across. I didn't mean to be sexist. But it was. And men say very dumb shit. And sexist shit and don't Realize it. Glad it was pointed out. Sorry. I think you are correct about getting any good points and just ignore the dumb stuff.
Thanks for not being a meat head about it haha. :)

Every guy has different tastes, every guy has a different amount of disposable income, every guy is looking for something different. There really isn't a magical formula for getting and or keeping regulars. If a guy likes a model, he'll keep coming back. How often? We'll that's a different story.

Some guys like a lot of variety and are just browsing to get a show from a different model(s) every time they log in. Others, like myself, prefer to build a sort of connection with the person behind the cam. I don't know. There comes a time, at least to me, where sexy fun time loses all the glamour and you get curious about the girl. Not out of hopes of marrying the girl, but as a sign of respect. Like hey, you're a human too with a life of your own and I'd like to appreciate you for more than just putting on a show.

Forgive my cynicism, but how can you make a thread for the girls on how to keep good regulars when you haven't even been on a site long enough to be considered one?
Yeah it was real dumb to put how long I have been a member. You were the first to say it. An Quote of it would have been great. Sometimes I read a post and think to myself. Does this person really know the subject. They are writing about. So I would have to stop and check profile or look for when someone became a member. Because its helpful info to have when deciding if what I am reading is worth any more thought. I was hoping the amounts I wrote in post and replies would have got some feedback. Anyway I meant to reply sooner. And say no need to forgive you are spot on. Also the first. Thank you:cat:

This subject gets danced around a lot. And at the time of this post. I was still confused about subject. It almost made me leave and never come back to camsite. But I didn't want to let a poorly done hustle. That somehow is also profitable. Run off earnings I enjoy spending. At first I thought about how unfair it was to other models. Not using all the bells and whistles. To be on page three and back. When poorly done hustle was on one and two. The Hot girls part of the hustle. I was trying to pointing out that. Everyone who has stayed with site now skips these type pics. Also I have a friend I want to get him to try out site. Also I want to tell others how much I enjoy it. But when using all the bells and whistle so poorly. Has everyone saying that it's all a big hustle. I sound like a dumbass telling anyone I watch cam girls. Now I have been looking and searching. And asking about this hustle. Only because I was wanting to look out for all the cam girls. But it looks like I was worrying for no reason. I still thought that maybe writing this would help me understand. Why lost business and lost new business. Was not a worry to models, I can understand % and getting good numbers to run is hard. I do body work. It's a lot like camming. I'm like a basic contracter. And get paid a % of the labor rate. I have to worry about the same thing yall do. And it looks like all this type post and things should stay in the correct. area. I love how helpful the ladies are. And I highly respect Miss Cutie and glad she replied in another post also. Sorry about the white knight thing. But just like reading about how I don't pay taxes on side money. Is a risk. So is something ad shit idk. And I like how the women in cam world are sticking together. I hope yall do understand. I respect hard work. And this is a skilled trade just like my job. And we kill it. And saw it coming and still killed it. Now im all about a good hustle. but not a lazy hustle. And the more money a tool can make me in my job the higher the price. Also just because you can by the tool does not mean you can use it. I have tools I will not let other techs use. Fuck there I go again. Sorry ladies. And I mean it when I say I want all cam girls driving new S class Benz. Hopefully you won't need a bodyman but if you do. I know a good one to ask. :angelic:

Just a helpful tip @HotRod556 paragraph breaks will make your post so much easier to read.

I am so sorry. I keep forgetting to do that. I try to do it as I write. Thank you. It helps me to remember. To start writing with paragraph breaks in mind. I was wondering about run on sentences. And all the stuff on just paragraphs. Ty.

It sounded like you are you missing out on the super hot looking models because you don't think they will try so hard for you? In my experience the reverse tends to be true. I am no ones regular, so I imagine for regulars it holds more true.

I guess this means as a model you should go for the members who are most passionate about you, especially how you look. They will be the regulars that you will be able to keep, that won't want many other models, those members who make the effort to get your attention and show you how much they enjoy you.

I find I spend on the model who allows me to most easily, I tend to know who I like. Many models block that, usually by not paying enough attention when I am up to spend on her, so I take the tokens I added for her elsewhere.
Choosing one model over another is far more complex, sometimes you plan it or search for it, sometimes you get drawn to someone, sometimes a model may invite you in some way. Usually someone who regularly comes to mind will take priority for your attention, unless it must absolutely be someone new.

Personally I like a bit of depth in my model experiences, the same type of mood gets dull fast. Interesting definitely leads to something regular for me.

Reactions: Empress Mika
Status
Not open for further replies.