AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

getting paper

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2012
Okay, so I'm a FUCKING NOOB and have only been camming on cam4 (rofl cam4, he really is a noob!) for a few days now.

Anyway as you all probably know the only way you can get your money from cam4 without them taking 90% of it is by cheque. Wire transfer, payoneer, etc all cost a shitload and as a male model I don't expect to get as much as you guys will on any given day so can't afford to be frittering away my hard earned tokens on cam4's bullshit fees.

The problem with a cheque is it takes 4 to 6 weeks to arrive after requesting your payment.

tl;dr what sites don't try and steal all your money before you even get it and don't send you cheques that take two months to be delivered?

Thanks

Streamate is a good alternative, though I'm not sure what type of male cam model you are so I can't gauge how well you might do on there. It's got enough traffic though to where the cut they take might be worth it.

Xpeeps will soon be allowing male models I believe, not sure when though.

Hi,
Ive been using Payoneer for all my payments since I started camming a year ago. I have used it when working on Myfreecams, Streamate, and Mygirlfund. Its $5.00 for an instant load and I get my money right away every time.

Streamate seems to be the most popular/straightforward site that allows guys, I think you should go there.

What payment methods do they offer?
Sounds crass but we all know we are only in it to make mad shillings.

Payoneer seems like the way to go. I can only hope my penis can endure enough to warrant Payoneer's fees.

slimboi said:
tl;dr what sites don't try and steal all your money before you even get it and don't send you cheques that take two months to be delivered?

Thanks

I know what you mean about having to wait forever to get a check. That sucks, and I've been through that before with iFriends and Webcams.com.

I'm not sure what all of the cam sites are that allow male models. I know that ImLive accepts male models (I've even seen one win Hall of Fame a while ago), and they pay on the 1st and 16th of each month. But the site is notorious for chargebacks. Regardless, I still love that site, and I don't get many chargebacks.

Good luck in your search, slimboi.

Reactions: slimboi
For streamate, I get a paper check. No fees, $20 minimum to have it paid out. I'm in the US. The payperiod ends Saturday afternoon. That Wednesday they process the payments, and the following Monday I have the paycheck (tues if mail runs late or if mon is a holiday). So about 10 days after the payperiod ends on worst case scenario, I have all the money from my check.

There have been instances where, when they added a new feature, the payment messed up and didn't get added to my check properly. I simply contacted them telling them about the problem, and saying when it happened (I made note of both date and approximate time, since I knew there was a problem right after the show happened when it didn't get added to my session logs). They were able to look in their logs to verify that I was telling the truth, and the payment for the show was added to the next week's paycheck.

They do take a large cut, but imo it's worth it cause their customer service is decent, the model service is excellent, and they advertise everywhere (which brings in a lot of traffic). But, you should be aware that they do advertise everywhere, and when you sign up with them you give them the right to put whatever part of your show they wish wherever they want. I have so many people coming in wondering why the hell I was talking about flavors cause in one of the ads I mention vanilla as opposed to bdsm. And they run this one ad that features a show I did for someone with a match fetish... x.x But they also ran an ad where I talk about my DnD experiences, which got me the sort of people I was hoping to attract. I have never heard about anything explicit ending up in an advert though, just nudity.

Other things to note:

-you will be camming through streamate, but you will appear on many sites at the same time, another thing that brings in traffic, but kinda eh because you have to say "this site" instead of "streamate".

-some of the affiliates advertise as dating sites. I get a lot of people asking where in Boston I am. for the record, I don't live in MA, but I do live in the Northern Half of the US Eastern Time Zone. So if someone comes in and they happen to mention the town you're in, don't panic, just treat it like they asked about whatever town they happen to live in- since that's exactly what just happened.

-Streamate does not allow nudity in public chat, or for you to give out your offsite contact info (shirtless is fine, but nothing between belt and knees). You can get away with giving out your twitter id if you're sneaky about it (I'll say "this is my twitter" out loud. then type evematteo they have no way of knowing what evematteo is.) They have filters that take out any contact info the members post, but some members also get around that. (I had one guy give me his oohay name, not that I did anything with it :p ) Their chat filter looks for phone numbers, and for the @ symbol.

Good luck!

When you choose Payoneer as the payment method for your Streamates account, you can choose from the following:

Payoneer card
- $2 for standard loads to the card (2 business days)
- $5 for immediate (up to 2 hours)

Payoneer Local Bank Transfer service
- No card, funds send directly to your bank account in over 200 countries
- Available in over 40 currencies - full list available at http://www.payoneer.com/LocalBankTransfer-Avail.aspx
- Either $5.95 or $9.95 per transfer, depending on your country
- No maintenance fees, you pay only per transfer

Payoneer ACH/Direct Deposit - US residents only
- No card, funds send directly to your US bank account
- $5 one-time set up fee
- $3 per transfer
- No maintenance fees, you pay only per transfer

If you have any questions at all in regards to Payoneer, I'd be more than happy to assist.

Reactions: slimboi
How much would it be for a bank transfer to my account in the UK? I see its either $5.95 or $9.95 and I'm assuming its $9.95.

slimboi said:
How much would it be for a bank transfer to my account in the UK? I see its either $5.95 or $9.95 and I'm assuming its $9.95.

For the UK it is $5.95 per transfer. Funds are sent as local transfers, from a local bank in the UK in GBP. This means that you are not charged any international landing fees by your bank, and payments are processed within 1-3 business days.

Nissim-Payoneer said:
For the UK it is $5.95 per transfer. Funds are sent as local transfers, from a local bank in the UK in GBP. This means that you are not charged any international landing fees by your bank, and payments are processed within 1-3 business days.

Wow, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you!
I must set this up.

Reactions: Nissim-Payoneer
slimboi said:
Nissim-Payoneer said:

Wow, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you!
I must set this up.

Happy to help ;)

If you haven't signed up for Payoneer via SM yet, simply select Payoneer and at the bottom of the main Payoneer application page you will see the option for bank transfers.

If you've already signed up to get paid to the prepaid card, please contact me with the e-mail on your Payoneer account and I will have customer support send you a link you can use to switch to local bank transfers.

Reactions: LailaBaise
Jessi said:
Nissim, is payoneer ever going to allow Canadian bank wire/transfer?

Do you mean to get paid from our partners? For partners that support our local bank transfer service, we do provide transfers to Canada. The cost is $5.95 per transfer, and funds are sent directly from a local bank in Canada in CAD. As mentioned, this would be a payment option in place of the prepaid card. So for example Streamates pays you via Payoneer, and Payoneer sends the funds directly to your bank account on file.

We do not currently support prepaid card loading via bank account for non-US residents or non-US card to bank transfers, however it is something we are looking in to for the future.

LadyLuna said:
Other things to note:

-you will be camming through streamate, but you will appear on many sites at the same time, another thing that brings in traffic, but kinda eh because you have to say "this site" instead of "streamate".

Wait... we aren't allowed to say we are on Streamate? I don't know if I ever do but I didn't know that..

caireen said:
LadyLuna said:
Other things to note:

Wait... we aren't allowed to say we are on Streamate? I don't know if I ever do but I didn't know that..

Someone on the forum said that it's one of the rules. I've never had any trouble from streamate about it, but some of the guys get really confused if you use Streamate instead of This Site. They're like "but I'm not on Streamate, I'm on (insert site)"

LadyLuna said:
Someone on the forum said that it's one of the rules. I've never had any trouble from streamate about it, but some of the guys get really confused if you use Streamate instead of This Site. They're like "but I'm not on Streamate, I'm on (insert site)"

This made me curious so I went and looked at their model FAQ, and it says you are on over 500 sites. That is a good reason to say this site, I suppose.

Shaun__ said:
LadyLuna said:

This made me curious so I went and looked at their model FAQ, and it says you are on over 500 sites. That is a good reason to say this site, I suppose.

Yup! Lots and lots of traffic.

slimboi said:
Jessi said:
slimboi said:
Payoneer seems like the way to go. I can only hope my ass can endure enough to warrant Payoneer's fees.

ftfy :)

I actually don't even have a dildo yet.

...And I call myself a cam boi :(

Just make sure to use silicone, glass or steel. Porus materials like jelly can't be sterilized. No one wants e coli on their dildo. But Im sure you probably know!

Status
Not open for further replies.