AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting started on reddit, Help?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianna_XO

Cam Model
Oct 11, 2015
Scotland
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@BriMFC
MFC Username
BriMFC
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/406991/Brianna_XO/
Hello,

I joined reddit today, and went to post to some subreddits that i've seen other girls post too but because i am a new account with no karma, I can't post!

How do I find subreddits that allow you to post with low/no karma?
Should I only post in NSFW subreddits, or anything? (Post related content I mean, to build up karma)

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

Brianna x

I tried to use Reddit too after hearing so many ladies talk about how great it is for getting OnlyFans subscribers. But I gave up because trying to get verified on there (to post specific threads in the Sex Sells area, etc.) was just way too much of a hassle for me, and I thought it was ridiculous. I thought it's annoying that you can't just pull up a photo from your computer (or phone) to post it on there. You have to go post the photo(s) on Imgur (I rarely even use Imgur)...then create a link for it...then post that link to the Reddit thread. 🙄 Seemed like my submitted posts were always getting deleted, even after I made sure to follow the same post format as the other girls' posts on there.

I have more than enough karma and a good post history on there, but when it was telling me all this other shit I still needed to do to get verified, I gave up and said fuck that. Lol.

If I were you, I'd just post in the other sections about things that interest you. For instance, I saw there's a Seinfeld thread on there, and I love Seinfeld. Also you can go into your Reddit profile (About Me section), and put your OnlyFans name or link in there. That's what I ended up doing, just in case anyone gets curious enough to click on my pic to learn more about me.

A few years ago they had this awful man on there in charge of the sugar baby/sugar daddy section of Reddit. He was a total DICK, and I couldn't stand the way he got away with talking to other women on there. I wasn't putting up with his shit, and he ended up banning me. Lol.

I tried to go onto Reddit a few minutes ago, and the site was down ("503 Service Temporary Unavailable" message), but it's back up now.

A few years ago they had this awful man on there in charge of the sugar baby/sugar daddy section of Reddit. He was a total DICK, and I couldn't stand the way he got away with talking to other women on there. I wasn't putting up with his shit, and he ended up banning me. Lol.
I post a lot of cannabis content on Reddit and I love sugar lifestyle sub myself. If you want to build the karma start replying to some threads. You can also buy coins ("tokens) and reward posts you find worthy to build a following, in a good karma sort of way.

I post a lot of cannabis content on Reddit and I love sugar lifestyle sub myself. If you want to build the karma start replying to some threads. You can also buy coins ("tokens) and reward posts you find worthy to build a following, in a good karma sort of way.

I already have a lot of karma and posts on there. Maybe you meant to reply to the op? Also I have no intention of ever spending money on Reddit. Thanks though.

Reddit is hell on earth if you don't use it constantly , specially if you are promoting yourself .
You must be part of reddit community by posting, replying, being active in general ....

specially the posts you make, must be under a certain % of selfpromotion (like u can't have more than 5% of your posts self promoting ... not sure about the right number tho)

I mean, it's a very strictly community, very hard to be part of unless you actually put hours on it.

I'm one of those people who has had success with reddit. I'm /u/veggiebabyy there if you want to check out my profile to get an idea of how I do things. I don't have time to write out my entire reddit promo system because it's super intense, but I'd strongly recommend making a personal reddit account and using it the way a regular user would for a while so you can get an idea of how the site functions. My personal reddit account is almost a decade old, and I believe that having such a solid understanding of the culture of reddit has been a big factor in finding success there.

After reading this topic, I decided to check out this reddit. But that place is like a maze. It seems if you don't know the model's reddit 'adress', it's almost impossible to find.
Maybe I'm using it wrong though, but it seems more like an onlyfans where you need the link else you won't find it.

I tried to use Reddit too after hearing so many ladies talk about how great it is for getting OnlyFans subscribers. But I gave up because trying to get verified on there (to post specific threads in the Sex Sells area, etc.) was just way too much of a hassle for me, and I thought it was ridiculous. I thought it's annoying that you can't just pull up a photo from your computer (or phone) to post it on there. You have to go post the photo(s) on Imgur (I rarely even use Imgur)...then create a link for it...then post that link to the Reddit thread. 🙄 Seemed like my submitted posts were always getting deleted, even after I made sure to follow the same post format as the other girls' posts on there.

I have more than enough karma and a good post history on there, but when it was telling me all this other shit I still needed to do to get verified, I gave up and said fuck that. Lol.

If I were you, I'd just post in the other sections about things that interest you. For instance, I saw there's a Seinfeld thread on there, and I love Seinfeld. Also you can go into your Reddit profile (About Me section), and put your OnlyFans name or link in there. That's what I ended up doing, just in case anyone gets curious enough to click on my pic to learn more about me.

I tried to go onto Reddit a few minutes ago, and the site was down ("503 Service Temporary Unavailable" message), but it's back up now.
Wow, just starting Reddit and damn you're right! Some of these moderators come across as super obnoxious and pompously entitled in their verification request rules.
I'm thankful for the cool subs ones that don't require all of that!

My friend is trying to teach me Reddit and she has a good system where she gets subscribers to her OF. I have tried it and I am just casually responding to things of interest , not specifically self promotion … at least yet.

seeing how aggressive my friend uses Reddit and it’s success is compelling but also makes me sometimes value the cam site I am on : even though they take a large percentage they do promote me to multiple users and I appreciate that passive action more than actively promoting. I personally am very bad with promoting and hell even my friend is trying to help me but I don’t think I will ever be able to follow the rules of particular Reddit’s. And when im easily frustrated it’s hard to continue to pursue. Nice to see others mutually annoyed / intrigued

Reactions: MarieElise
My friend is trying to teach me Reddit and she has a good system where she gets subscribers to her OF. I have tried it and I am just casually responding to things of interest , not specifically self promotion … at least yet.

seeing how aggressive my friend uses Reddit and it’s success is compelling but also makes me sometimes value the cam site I am on : even though they take a large percentage they do promote me to multiple users and I appreciate that passive action more than actively promoting. I personally am very bad with promoting and hell even my friend is trying to help me but I don’t think I will ever be able to follow the rules of particular Reddit’s. And when im easily frustrated it’s hard to continue to pursue. Nice to see others mutually annoyed / intrigued
I wonder if anyone (ie models) would be interested in a Reddit thread in models only where we can all recommend relatively easy-going sub Reddits for selling etc? You know so we can share the love, and let others know the subs which aren't being too hard on us. Might decrease frustration for some of us.

I wonder if anyone (ie models) would be interested in a Reddit thread in models only where we can all recommend relatively easy-going sub Reddits for selling etc? You know so we can share the love, and let others know the subs which aren't being too hard on us. Might decrease frustration for some of us.
This is a great idea! I have some lists of subreddits that I need to be posting on. I have been on reddit for 10 years but using it for promotion is annoying as hell for me.

This is a great idea! I have some lists of subreddits that I need to be posting on. I have been on reddit for 10 years but using it for promotion is annoying as hell for me.
OK, it's a plan, I'll start one later on tonight :)

Hello,

I joined reddit today, and went to post to some subreddits that i've seen other girls post too but because i am a new account with no karma, I can't post!

How do I find subreddits that allow you to post with low/no karma?
Should I only post in NSFW subreddits, or anything? (Post related content I mean, to build up karma)

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

Brianna x
To get karma just use it like a regular reddit account for a few weeks. Post memes and cat pics, whatever you're interested in. Spam and bot accounts are rampant so that's why they have account age restrictions.

Honestly though, reddit is super oversaturated with models and I haven't found it to be terribly useful for promo, though I've been a vanilla redditor for over a decade. The only reason I'd even recommend it to anyone would be if they had a situation where they were worried about the privacy issues that come with being on a camsite and it was their only option. Some girls who sell worn items and niche kink content but need to stay anon do really well for themselves, but the grind is insane and the level of work I was having to put in wasn't worth the scant rewards. Camming has done more for my OnlyFans promo than reddit ever did.

• Helpful!
I just joined Reddit too, but not for marketing purposes. I’m such a newbie there and I wanted to ask, should I use my own profile pic or use an avatar? I mean I used my real name and pic here and it worked, but then again, we’re a different community, and I don’t do marketing here, I just come here to chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.