AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Girl banned because of trolls reporting bullshit lies!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2021
I know I can't do anything and the model has to do it herself (but I will mention her name was juliewilsons) but this is just fucking insulting that this is still allowed to go on!

New girl doing nothing wrong, doing her goals but because she's not talking a couple of cunt grey users r repeatedly accusing her of being a video and saying they're reporting her and telling others to report her too, despite me and several others repeatedly claiming that she's not. Yet within 15 mins of first grey user accusing she's banned, the second most popular girl in the hour just earned a few thousand tokens for cb, banned because some cunts who dont don't spend money and never got over that their mother wouldn't fuck them, wanted to get her banned.

Is cb really that understaffed that they can't have someone check a room, rewind and fast forward through footage for a couple of minutes to see that some people r just sadist misogynistic trolls? They have to rely on bots and the word of a couple of guys who don't contribute to the sites revenue?

It's fucking insulting to the models and to the tippers!

I know I can't do anything and the model has to do it herself (but I will mention her name was juliewilsons) but this is just fucking insulting that this is still allowed to go on!

New girl doing nothing wrong, doing her goals but because she's not talking a couple of cunt grey users r repeatedly accusing her of being a video and saying they're reporting her and telling others to report her too, despite me and several others repeatedly claiming that she's not. Yet within 15 mins of first grey user accusing she's banned, the second most popular girl in the hour just earned a few thousand tokens for cb, banned because some cunts who dont don't spend money and never got over that their mother wouldn't fuck them, wanted to get her banned.

Is cb really that understaffed that they can't have someone check a room, rewind and fast forward through footage for a couple of minutes to see that some people r just sadist misogynistic trolls? They have to rely on bots and the word of a couple of guys who don't contribute to the sites revenue?

That's awful! If you still communicate with her, tell her that she can sign up as a model on MyFreeCams and/or Stripchat where Support actually listens to/treats models better. And she can use the same model name she'd used on CB. Fuck Chaturbate, and them once again allowing Tic Tac dick trolls to get their way.

I really hope that she gets that money that she'd earned.

Upvote 0

If she has you and other supporters, u can try write to cb about the situation and support her this way. I know that one very popular girl was banned because of some man who were doing bullshit around her and she had many commited regulars who wrote many mails to cb thay theyu want her back and what was the true and then she back. Probably everybody can say that nobody will talk to you because is not your account banned but maybe just readng those mails will make cb support see that she is really innocent? Im just thinking .

Upvote 0
"despite me and several others repeatedly claiming that she's not"

And what did she say? Nothing? So was it a young russian that didn't speak and didn't change position much that ended up on position 1? How do you know she was banned for a recording and not something else? I've reported real recordings in the past and it wasn't exactly a speedy process.

Upvote 0
I wish there was something members could do, but in the end we don't really know what happened. One model I visit was banned and I assumed it was something like this as she was a sweetheart with a girl next door vibe. I was tempted to write support and say there must be some mistake as **** is too nice to do anything to get banned. She did get her account restored and it turns out she was doing underage school girl role play in private and didn't realize CB could see what goes on in private... so yeah, we don't know.

What I will do, if I can, is send the model a link to the support forums here. I don't know if it made a difference in the end (maybe CB support would have resolved the issues eventually), but the two models I referred here had their issues resolved shortly thereafter.

Upvote 0
I always find it very interesting that people don't know every site can see every single thing happening on said site at any time. There's nothing private on the backend of a website. Nothing. There are limitations to who can access that information but not much more of a standard than that in place. Private messages, tip notes, password shows, private shows, content uploaded in all areas from emotes to pictures in private messages can be accessed by admin with the right credentials/job title. That said, aritificial intelligence software is trolling the site for any strings of words that are against terms of service. If the ban was that immediate it's something she's said or typed that triggered the ban. When I report users for TOS violations, I do so by email and it usually takes about 12 hours to get a response because they are looking into the account before they take action, which is what makes me think it's the AI catching whatever violation it was.

Upvote 0
I thought CB ignored reports from grey users? If not... Wow :(
I would fully expect CB to follow up on any report of TOS violation regardless of source as a means of protecting themselves from government intervention.

They can review pretty much all activity: chat, pm, private shows, secret shows, private panels, cam2cam, tip notes. Also in many cases they can track individuals using multiple accounts. They own it, operate it, and make millions. Protecting business/profits is priority 1.

Thinking your activities are private is just one more cam-site fantasy :)

Upvote 0
she was doing underage school girl role play in private and didn't realize CB could see what goes on in private
I always find it very interesting that people don't know every site can see every single thing happening on said site at any time.
I've always said that a lack of knowledge about how the Internet works is a huge downfall for a cam model. People who enter this job without some tech savviness are just at a huge disadvantage and are likely to run into huge issues, and/or not last long due to it. That has only gotten worse since Covid when so many people flocked to "at home" work and thought this might be an easy avenue.

Upvote 0
I thought CB ignored reports from grey users? If not... Wow :(
I would fully expect CB to follow up on any report of TOS violation regardless of source as a means of protecting themselves from government intervention.
After years of reading thousands of support issues here and elsewhere it would seem that CB bans first, and only asks questions later if the banned accounts reach out. Sometimes seemingly only if they come HERE to reach out

Upvote 0
I've always said that a lack of knowledge about how the Internet works is a huge downfall for a cam model. People who enter this job without some tech savviness are just at a huge disadvantage and are likely to run into huge issues, and/or not last long due to it. That has only gotten worse since Covid when so many people flocked to "at home" work and thought this might be an easy avenue.
It might be derogatory but I referred to them as cam babies (the Covid spike in cammers), it was interesting to see 90% of them fade away when they realized it wasn't as easy as turning on a camera and being [insert adjective here they thought they were bringing to the table] and that it was a lot of technical specs and fine tuning of a thousand different things. I think this forum shows just how much that rings true. We have models who have just started out and models who have been doing this for almost two decades and we all are like "hey stuff is changing, how do we adapt?"

Upvote 0
"despite me and several others repeatedly claiming that she's not"

And what did she say? Nothing? So was it a young russian that didn't speak and didn't change position much that ended up on position 1? How do you know she was banned for a recording and not something else? I've reported real recordings in the past and it wasn't exactly a speedy process.
She didn't speak in person and only typed a little but like I was saying, she did the goals when they were achieved and when she typed that's when the goals was changed or when she wrote.
I been on the site long enough to know when a broadcast is a recording.

I've seen this more then once, where someone has said they're going to report the new model and then few mins later get banned.

Jesus I've seen top 100 model on cb open up new account only to get banned because cunt stalker decided to make her life hell and report her.

No I don't know the girl, I'm guessing she's working for a studio or is copying the popular trend of shy teasing that many new models do (and many freeloaders bitch and sulk about).

The girl didn't do pvts, she didn't have a tip menu so I'm guessing she wasn't doing pm's, she didn't do the usual mistake of showing a photo on their phone of themselves or someone else when they were younger.

I have no doubt that cb has a shoot first ask questions later response to at least "new" models if not all of them.

Upvote 0
No successful model opens a new account and gets banned. Get real. And just because you're in the top 100 doesn't mean you're making money or hitting goals.

You don't know what she's doing or what someone is doing on her behalf. Why are you white knighting something that isn't any of your business? You certainly can't change it.

Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
No successful model opens a new account and gets banned. Get real. And just because you're in the top 100 doesn't mean you're making money or hitting goals.

You don't know what she's doing or what someone is doing on her behalf. Why are you white knighting something that isn't any of your business? You certainly can't change it.
Woah where the hell did that come from?
For starters, yeah that did happen, those russian studio raides from a couple of years ago, all girls got their accounts shut down. Some opened new accounts with no problems, some from one of the studios were being targeted by trolls reporting them because they could and in this girls case she had a stalker going on her twitter page boasting that he reported and got her new accounts banned.
And yes I am being real, I'm telling u it seems should a girl regardless of how popular she is or how much income she brought in, decides to leave her studio and open up a new account she will still have to risk getting banned like any new girl.

And like I said about those new girl, she didn't seem to be doing anything wrong, doing her goals, rather a bunch of grey users were claiming her to be a video and saying they were reporting her.
I know I can't do anything, u saying I'm not allowed to call out that this bullshit is still going on cb after all these years?
If that's whiteknighting well then fuck me I guess I'm a white Knight.
U rather your users just ignored if they saw same thing happen to u and just moved on?

Upvote 0
For starters, yeah that did happen, those russian studio raides from a couple of years ago, all girls got their accounts shut down. Some opened new accounts with no problems, some from one of the studios were being targeted by trolls reporting them because they could and in this girls case she had a stalker going on her twitter page boasting that he reported and got her new accounts banned.
And yes I am being real, I'm telling u it seems should a girl regardless of how popular she is or how much income she brought in, decides to leave her studio and open up a new account she will still have to risk getting banned like any new girl.

And like I said about those new girl, she didn't seem to be doing anything wrong, doing her goals, rather a bunch of grey users were claiming her to be a video and saying they were reporting her.
I know I can't do anything, u saying I'm not allowed to call out that this bullshit is still going on cb after all these years?
If that's whiteknighting well then fuck me I guess I'm a white Knight.
U rather your users just ignored if they saw same thing happen to u and just moved on?
Ugh sorry. I didn't realize you were talking about models who separated from studios. That distinction needs to be made when discussing this because a "normal" ban is not the same thing as a studio gunning for a model's independent account.

Upvote 0
But they were normal bans, nothing about the studios going after the girls, rather stalkers and trolls knowing how to get a girl banned and doing so.

Upvote 0
But they were normal bans, nothing about the studios going after the girls, rather stalkers and trolls knowing how to get a girl banned and doing so.
Apparently I can't read, sorry. I have heard rumor about viewer accounts being banned for harassing models in this way but of course that's an assumption that no one will confirm.

I would like to think if a model was reported as a video that she would get a warning to do a selfie check in real time like the models who don't show their face occasionally receive.

Upvote 0
I always find it very interesting that people don't know every site can see every single thing happening on said site at any time. There's nothing private on the backend of a website. Nothing.
As a back end engineer I can confirm. Everything everywhere is stored someplace and people with the right access can view it. Depending on the retention policy that might be for 30, 60, 90 days or longer.

Everything. In some cases this is a matter of law and the government takes it seriously.

When I report users for TOS violations, I do so by email and it usually takes about 12 hours to get a response because they are looking into the account before they take action, which is what makes me think it's the AI catching whatever violation it was.
Yes, reporting via email takes time, but clicking Report and then selecting Underage performer takes seconds and CB knows exactly what the problem is without having to read an email. If I can write a script to do it then I am sure the incels on Rediit can as well. I also suspect that the ban is automated on CB's part, as soon as someone (or a certain number of people) clicks the Underage button the room is blocked instantly until a human can investigate. At least it sure seems that was given the number of bogus bans that get reversed.

After years of reading thousands of support issues here and elsewhere it would seem that CB bans first, and only asks questions later if the banned accounts reach out. Sometimes seemingly only if they come HERE to reach out
To a certain extent I understand their reasoning; the consequences of broadcasting underage performers is HUGE. Company bankrupting, time in prison, kind of huge. The consequences for temporarily banning a model are small. I do wish they put a little more effort into it, but posting here does seem to help. I just wish more people followed up with the outcome of their case.

Upvote 0
🤣
As a back end engineer I can confirm. Everything everywhere is stored someplace and people with the right access can view it. Depending on the retention policy that might be for 30, 60, 90 days or longer.
You can access your own logs on CB in the privacy center on CB. It has everything you said (typed) on the site from day 1.
Everything. What you typed in chat, PMs, tip notes... and so on

chaturbate . com/security/privacy/data_export/

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElGato
Upvote 0
🤣

You can access your own logs on CB in the privacy center on CB. It has everything you said (typed) on the site from day 1.

chaturbate . com/security/privacy/data_export/

It even shows what IP you signed up with, and if you signed up using a referral link or not, which is great to know

Upvote 0
Let's be honest, the "report as underage" option shouldn't even exist. If a user is able to broadcast after going through the insane verification process no one should be able to take that away from them. However, I do think a "Chat Violates TOS" should be an option. But no one ever listens to us about this stuff, so meh.

Upvote 0
And that is just what they let users/broadcasters see about themselves, that is not everything they store. They likely also store recordings of all streams, public, private, "recorded", or not, as well as every button and link you clicked on. Although that last is for site metrics and QA.

Let's be honest, the "report as underage" option shouldn't even exist. If a user is able to broadcast after going through the insane verification process no one should be able to take that away from them.
Agreed. Until you get this person or this person who both allowed their toddlers to be seen on cam. Any site is going to want to shut that down immediately.

I just wish CB was a little quicker to investigate these things. A report of an under age person on cam should be resolved by a human within minutes, not days or weeks. Unfortunately, that takes several humans around the clock.

Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
I just wish CB was a little quicker to investigate these things. A report of an under age person on cam should be resolved by a human within minutes, not days or weeks. Unfortunately, that takes several humans around the clock.
100% this.

But I'd argue they can afford to pay a whole slew of humans to do this job.

Upvote 0
But I'd argue they can afford to pay a whole slew of humans to do this job.
Can they find the people though? Every business I know, small and large, is desperate for people. And I imagine the screening process for this kind of job is a little more involved; you can't just take the first ten warm bodies that show up. I just Googled for backend engineer jobs at CB (Multi Media LLC it turns out), and damn they pay well. So I don't think money is the problem. If I didn't have such a great job I would be sending in a resume myself!

Upvote 0
So I don't think money is the problem.
Yeah I know, I'd suggest it isn't a big enough problem (to their bottom line) for them to fix and make the ban process easier on broadcasters.

Upvote 0
RE: Actual underage persons on cam

They could change/add "Unverified broadcaster" to the list. However, IF what they claim is true about the AI process of verification, than any additional persons not verified on the account should get the room popped immediately without anyone having to report the room.

The two links provided to the other forum posts were for bans in 2000 and 2019 and were not applied against the new AI system of verification.

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
The two links provided to the other forum posts were for bans in 2000 and 2019 and were not applied against the new AI system of verification.
The first link was just over a month ago; Apr 27, 2023. I don't know what CB's AI verification system is exactly, but it sounds like it just does face matching on the application. I would be really really surprised if they ran facial identification in real time. If they do then their AI sucks. Unless it is Google, Microsoft, or OpenAI ($10B in funding from Microsoft) then any AI talk is mostly marketing by the sales people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.