AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Giving members my contact info

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SavannahMai

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 27, 2014
London, UK
Hi guys,

I decided to try something new the other night and offered contact info for 1000 tkns, I was uncomfortable with giving out my actual phone number (for obvious reasons) so opted for kik messenger instead. One member paid the price and got added to my kik list. Already in the space of just over a day, this member has been hitting me up with numerous messages ("hey baby," "how was your day?" "I really wish you were here with me" blah blah blah) and I was lucky enough to receive a cock pic just now!! (like every girl really wants to see that on their phone!)

Being still fairly new to this game, I now may slightly regret doing this without first setting stipulations. My question to you guys is, am I entitled to set rules regarding members having contact privileges?

The kind of thing I am thinking is to pm members before giving my kik username stating that I will be in full control of these privileges and that any violation of the following will result in immediate blocks from ALL methods of communication...

Constant message bombardment,
Cock pics (or other such sexual content)
Messages sent outside of working hours,
Any abuse, derogatory comments, or harassment,
Basically, anything that I don't feel comfortable with will result in being blocked.

Something like that I guess. Also to maybe put in a time limit, say 6 months? I'm not entirely sure about this as I have only just started doing it. So, yeah, is it my right to enforce these rules regarding this feature? How do you guys who let members contact you via messaging handle this?

Thanks in advance

I'm sure some models with expertise/experience will be along to help you--but just to offer a little perspective from the other side...

I think you can set any number of stipulations you want on your "messaging service" (expiration date, conduct rules, time stipulations, etc.)--after all, it's your service, so you're the boss. That said, since such a service is a pretty informal/non-binding arrangement, I don't think you need to have an entire TOS for texting--just maybe put an asterisk saying "Use common sense: I reserve the right to end your texting fun!" or something along those lines. Having 20 rules PMed to you right after tipping a model for a messaging thing will probably make it seem less fun/exciting--and probably isn't necessary (unless you want to enforce non-common sense rules you want people to be explicitly aware of (like 'never text me on Tuesday'). If someone does something outside of what the service entails, maybe give them a single warning if the infraction isn't all that severe, but if someone greatly misuses the service or is just generally being an asshat, it seems totally legit to just cut them off without any real warning or explanation. You might lose their future business, but their conduct probably indicates that this business might not be the best to pursue anyway--I think you just need to use your own discretion without feeling like you "owe" something to those who choose to abuse the service, whether their bad conduct is breaking an explicitly stated rule or not.

Also, "contact details" sounds kind of strange/scary to me--and it's very vague--so it would probably be better to just call it exactly what it is--so if you plan to use kik, just call it kik, etc. and note how long it will last--and how it works. It's a strange balance of making something seem informal/fun and maintaining order/control of how the service operates so... good luck! :-D

You have the right to add stipulations whenever you want, but instead of PMing everyone just put a basic do's and don'ts on your profile, most of which are really common sense. And if anyone starts to get out of hand send a polite message asking to tone it down and if they don't get the message then stop.

Hammer time.

rZQCVYb.gif

I don't personally sell my Kik, I just use it for little special offline video deals or give it to my friends I already trust to be sane... so my experience may be lack but I'll share my opinion.

Basically everything that Kruk Said... common sense. The only rule I see needing to be outlined is "no dick pics" because let's face it... common sense is likely lacking with anyone who needs this specified in the first place... and any sane members know how common place it is already.

The other thing is if you are going to sell your Kik username for messaging the idea that you are selling is off cam, off work chatting. If things like "how's your day?" bother you, you may not want to sell it, and just reserve it for your friends? Otherwise, what's the point?

In a hypothetical sense....

If say you have a bf/husband/family in which you reserve Sundays as special days solely dedicated to your personal relationships, i would think it's alright to slash a particular day as off-limits, as anyone needs their personal time. Other than that, the suggestions above seem reasonable and sound.

p.s. I hope this fella doesn't kik message you at 4am while you're sleeping

mutantdonut said:
In a hypothetical sense....

If say you have a bf/husband/family in which you reserve Sundays as special days solely dedicated to your personal relationships, i would think it's alright to slash a particular day as off-limits, as anyone needs their personal time. Other than that, the suggestions above seem reasonable and sound.

p.s. I hope this fella doesn't kik message you at 4am while you're sleeping

An no chance of that, the ipod goes off when im busy :)

Reactions: KylieJacobs
My Kik goes to my top level club members only, and the rules are basically that I'll reply as and when I get to checking my phone, and any rudeness/dick pics/general asshattery of any kind gets them instantly removed. Because it's part of my club though I've never had a problem with it, guys who join clubs are most likely there because they actually like the model or whatever.

There's a certain level of openness that comes with giving out your kik etc though, if you're too limited or very private/bothered by people wanting to hear about your day and what you're up to and generally being interested, it's probably not something worth offering.

Lil_minx said:
... in the space of just over a day, this member has been hitting me up with numerous messages ("hey baby," "how was your day?" "I really wish you were here with me" blah blah blah) and I was lucky enough to receive a cock pic just now!! (like every girl really wants to see that on their phone!)

Constant message bombardment,
Cock pics (or other such sexual content)
Messages sent outside of working hours,
Any abuse, derogatory comments, or harassment,
Basically, anything that I don't feel comfortable with will result in being blocked.

hi
i got to tell you - i got it every hour on my facebook.
but the point is - my off-line real number is not for that. So i decided to share it only ones. And that member actually only giving me "I miss you xx" messages some days. And he is also the one, who kept me going $$ all those days, when I got troubles like broken bike and other emergencies in my real life. So he is worthy of sharing.
So think who will be worthy for you))
Best wishes on and off cam
xx

Reactions: SavannahMai
You have to have a firm hand in situations like this.

Whatever you charge they have to understand it's not to be abused and that if you ban them there are no refunds. Only you'll know what is abusive to you.
If someone sends you 1 snapchat a day imho that's not a big deal, 10 a day is too much.
I'd warn them, you wanna try & stay on good terms as must as possible. If you have to block someone try to do it in a softer way. So this way they learn their lesson but they aren't driven from your room, thereby denying you their tokens.
Some models will actually get an alternative pre-paid phone for these situations so that their pvt life is totally segregated from their model life

The Insider said:
Some models will actually get an alternative pre-paid phone for these situations so that their pvt life is totally segregated from their model life
My situation is better - I dont use I-phones, so with me its only calls and sms.
.. and its also not so cheap to send 100 sms per day to a person in the other side of the world due the international cell-usage rates. lol

Reactions: SavannahMai
First of all, don't be so quick to assume all girls hate dick pics! :)

With that being said, setting boundaries is something you absolutely should do when it comes to sharing contact info! Sometimes it can take time to learn what your boundaries are, which is okay, and you may even find them changing over time. It is 100% okay and should even be expected that you enforce some kind of rules.

I don't mind getting dick pics on SnapChat at all. What I hate is when that is all a guy sends me - or requests like "show me ur tits" (without an offline tip). I also find it rude when someone tips for my SnapChat, but then never returns to my room.

I make this all pretty clear in my room, and usually explain it right before adding someone new. So far I've only had to remove one person (he continued sending what I described above, even after I asked him to stop).

Edited to add: I don't put a time limit on my SnapChat. Once they're added, they're added (unless they fuck up!). It's just easier for me to do it that way.

I'd have a terms and conditions on your profile with the major details, pretty much exactly what you wrote. I don't sell anything like this for that reason, but if I did I'd have something like:

Remember that I'm not always free to respond and have my own life so there are some things I ask you not to do. If you proceed to do them then I reserve the right to remove you. In this case you will not receive a refund.
These cases include-
Abuse of pm privileges, a few messages every now and then is fine, but please don't bombard me with messages and questions.
No dick pics/sexual pictures. (this varies from girl to girl but if you don't like it then it's a nono)
Overly sexual texts- I will not dirty chat with you so please don't do it!
Requests/demands for free photos.

If something you do makes me uncomfortable then I will request you stop, if you continue then you will be banned. Some of the above will result in a no tolerance, first time ban.

Please remember that when you're messaging it goes to my phone, I may easily be busy and not able to respond. I will also probably be doing a very mundane task like eating lunch or taking my friends toddler to the park, so please, no sexual content in messages.

I'd probably write something as well like "So long as you keep to the rules, are active in the room and tip every now and then you will not be deleted or re charged. If you break the rules you will not be accepted back onto my Kik list"

The format I'd do this in is I'd have an advertisement for your kik saying all the fun things you'd like to do and then I'd have at the bottom "please read the terms and conditions before and after purchasing!" with a button that'd bring up your T&C. I'd try and keep the wording friendly but firm, and maybe also say some things that you do enjoy being messaged about, maybe pictures of pets? I don't know lol

Then upon selling someone the Kik I would pm them saying something like "Thanks for buying my Kik! Please take a moment to read my terms and conditions marked on my profile!"
Sending that info in pm seems a bit too personal. Reading the standard stuff in a box on your profile isn't such a big deal.
If you wanted you could probably do like Kik extras, like 5/10 mins of dirty chat for x amount of tokens if they did want dirty chat.

I would never give out your real phone number or contact details to anyone. And use a different e-mail for vouchers etc than you use for your myfreecams account.

PicNic said:
First of all, don't be so quick to assume all girls hate dick pics! :)
Sure, but I think it's the unwarranted part which causes problems. It's the modern version of the outdoor exhibitionist.

Status
Not open for further replies.