AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Grey Tipping

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2022
In Bed
Twitter Username
@annkelsie1
MFC Username
Kelsieann6725
Chaturbate Username
KamrynStarr
So The other night I was live on Stripchat and a grey come into my room asking for me to do stuff so I asked him to tip and I said something along of lines of tip for requests or buy tokens to support me and he said he had tokens and I said no you don't because I thought grey users had never purchased tokens. well I muted him and sent me a tipnote with 9 tokens and it said " they lied to you" and im like wtffffffffff so can someone explain

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I don't think ultimate users can pretend to be grey.
@Brett M is correct that he could have won or been gifted tokens and had some left, but I'm pretty sure on SC tipnotes start at 10 tks not 9. So I am unsure what could have been going on 🤷‍♂️

Maybe someone else can shed some light

Upvote 0
I had a similar situation with a user still showing as grey after buying tokens and tipping a long time ago. It was a bug.

Upvote 0
@Brett M is correct that he could have won or been gifted tokens and had some left, but I'm pretty sure on SC tipnotes start at 10 tks not 9. So I am unsure what could have been going on 🤷‍♂️

Ultimates can't, but Dimoand (purple) and Royal / League can.
If he is Diamond, he won't have the free Ultimate membership, so his name would just appear normal and grey. Obviously, if he is Royal or League he will have the Ultimate icon next to his name even if he is grey (I think, right?).

Was the tipnote in a public chat or in a PM?
As stated above, tipnotes start at 10, but you can add a note to even a 1 token tip in a PM.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
If he is Diamond, he won't have the free Ultimate membership, so his name would just appear normal and grey. Obviously, if he is Royal or League he will have the Ultimate icon next to his name even if he is grey (I think, right?).
Sorry I forget that Ultimate is different to Royal / Legend. no as Royal I can only mask my level down to bronze, not grey.
Having said that, on my monitor, at a quick glance, silver looks similar to grey 🤷‍♂️
As stated above, tipnotes start at 10, but you can add a note to even a 1 token tip in a PM.
ahh interesting.

Upvote 0

yes it was exactly 9 tokens and the tipnote said "Someone Lied To You" and then I felt bad bc I muted them

Upvote 0
Just to clarify the 9 token tipnote, it was in public chat and not PM yes?
I don't see you say yes or no to either of them

Upvote 0
But what I meant is, you can add a tipnote in a PM, if you tip and write, it adds the writing within the yellow border of the tip, so it's a tipnote, but I guess it didn't do that.
We will wait for support to see what it was/is

Upvote 0
This is Supports Email ...
Hello kelsieann1,

Thank you for your report.

Please note that we have initiated an investigation regarding the user/model in question.

User is blocked now

We appreciate your help.

If there is anything that we can do for you, please let us know.

Best regards,
Angie
Moderation team

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Hey everyone

I have reviewed this case and there is also one other way a grey user can have tokens.

If another user has sent him 'Gift Tokens'.
In this case, he will remain as a grey user as he has not 'purchased' tokens, but the tokens he has are legit/real.

@Kamrynxstarr
If you ever have doubts about the tips you receive, go to your 'earnings' page right away.

If the tips/tokens appear in your earnings info next to the users' name, it means they are real and you have received them.
If nothing appears here, immediately contact the Support team just like you have done so they can investigate further.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone

I have reviewed this case and there is also one other way a grey user can have tokens.

If another user has sent him 'Gift Tokens'.
In this case, he will remain as a grey user as he has not 'purchased' tokens, but the tokens he has are legit/real.

@Kamrynxstarr
If you ever have doubts about the tips you receive, go to your 'earnings' page right away.

If the tips/tokens appear in your earnings info next to the users' name, it means they are real and you have received them.
If nothing appears here, immediately contact the Support team just like you have done so they can investigate further.
@Charlie_SC any thoughts about the 9tk tipnote? I thought it had to be 10?

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
I guess I looked at it wrong but I swear it said 9 but I went back and checked and its 10 and two 1tk tips

Correct.
Always check your earning page when you are unsure ;)

But your thread was great @Kamrynxstarr
It bought up some very good points so it was a good discussion for everyone to see how users can 'mask their league' and how else greys can obtain tokens without purchasing.

Upvote 0

This is incorrect. An Ultimate member who can Mask League & Level -- ONLY -- has the ability to Mask down to Bronze. Meaning -- if Red/Royal, they can mask as Diamond/Purple, Gold, Silver or Bronze. And, a Diamond can mask down to Gold, Silver and Bronze.

An Ultimate member cannot mask to Gray level.

ADDED NOTE: Yes, both recently (more so) and in the past -- I have seen

(a) a gray member tip;
(b) a gray member be an Ultimate subscriber;
(c) a gray member be a Fan Club member (for a particular model)
(d) a gray member be a Knight (for a particular model) -- both with the Ultimate subscription indicator [orange circle and black star] and without (meaning they became a knight, then cancelled Ultimate subscription
(e) a gray member as "King of the room" .... in this case, the member had a tip value of 2 tokens

EVERY time I see a Gray tip -- I ask them about it in the public chat room -- NEVER has the member replied how. I will even suggest to the member, "Did you win 50 tokens in the giveaway?" .... crickets.

Upvote 0
This is incorrect. An Ultimate member who can Mask League & Level -- ONLY -- has the ability to Mask down to Bronze. Meaning -- if Red/Royal, they can mask as Diamond/Purple, Gold, Silver or Bronze. And, a Diamond can mask down to Gold, Silver and Bronze.

An Ultimate member cannot mask to Gray level.

ADDED NOTE: Yes, both recently (more so) and in the past -- I have seen

(a) a gray member tip;
(b) a gray member be an Ultimate subscriber;
(c) a gray member be a Fan Club member (for a particular model)
(d) a gray member be a Knight (for a particular model) -- both with the Ultimate subscription indicator [orange circle and black star] and without (meaning they became a knight, then cancelled Ultimate subscription
(e) a gray member as "King of the room" .... in this case, the member had a tip value of 2 tokens

EVERY time I see a Gray tip -- I ask them about it in the public chat room -- NEVER has the member replied how. I will even suggest to the member, "Did you win 50 tokens in the giveaway?" .... crickets.

Yeah I already realised that about not being able to mask to grey, but it's definitely not ultimate users that can mask - i'd love that ability if that feature was available on it and I would buy Ultimate each month.
But it's for Diamond/Purple (55) and higher to mask.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.