AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has a member ever sent you cash in the mail as a gift?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Do you mean like sending a birthday card with money tucked inside? That's the only way I could see myself sending a person cash in the mail (if it was tucked inside a birthday or Christmas card).

I don't give out my address to members, and I don't have a P.O. Box either. If a member truly wants to send me a gift to make me happy, he is more than welcomed to send me a "just because" tip on MyFreeCams, Chaturbate, or he can use the "Make it rain!" feature on my ManyVids profile (Haven't received that yet on MV). But the moment he asks for something in return for that tip, it is no longer considered "a gift."

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I think most use gift cards for stuff like this right? It's one big reason of asking for a gift card.. or am I mistaken?

No, but when I was in high school, a boy from the Internet sent a dozen roses and an envelope of cash to my house for Valentines Day, lol.

Reactions: SweetViolet_A
Has a member ever sent you cash in the mail as a gift?

YES. This guy told me he was going to send me the money to go lapdog (6000tks) in the mail. I was like "uhuh ok sure" and it took like a month so i was like "you're totally bullshitting" and then I got this envelope that had $600 in 20s stuffed inside. Nothing protecting them - it was CLEARLY a wad of cash and somehow by some miracle it made it to my po box.

Don't do that guys hahaha

I also regularly get bday cards etc with cash inside as a gift.

Yes. Since I pro domme I have had subs for years that I trust 100 percent. I would deff not do this with just anyone and it would take an extreme amount of trust and loyalty which takes years to be honest. Also it was to a PO Box as well not my actual address. I have stopped sessions since moving and having a ton of house problems but if I decide to find subs again I would prob take cash in hand lol.

Yes. Never to My personal address, of course. I use a business address.

No ,but i always wanted it .

same lol

Ive only been camming 2 months now and haven't had anyone want to send me anything...I have a po box type thing i would let someone send me cash to but i would tell them to put it in a card or something

in my day to day life ive had someone in a jail mail me money to buy myself birthday flowers that was kinda nice

Honestly I do not understand why member should send cash in a mail, Mail may be lost, stolen or whatelse and it will take time to be received. All model use some payment service provider, wouldn't be easier to send money that way? Also easier for conversion of currency if member use a different currency.

Honestly I do not understand why member should send cash in a mail, Mail may be lost, stolen or whatelse and it will take time to be received. All model use some payment service provider, wouldn't be easier to send money that way? Also easier for conversion of currency if member use a different currency.

Nobody takes a cut of cash...

Nobody takes a cut of cash...

Come on, we wanna talk seriously? Then let's do it, even if that can sound a bit off topic for the question opening this thread.
Everyone knows that cash is not for being shipped inside a mail, no post service expressly allow you to ship money that way, you can't get any insurance for shipped money, so everything that happen to your mail (lost, destroyed, stolen) will be at your risk only. Even before web payment processors came out, for sending money anywhere post used money orders, that means the same sending money but no physical cash sent. Same thing for the money transfer services. So what's really the issue, the fee? I still think it's much better paying a higher fee (that btw will be paid by the sender) and being sure I'll get the money instead of getting a mail with cash wrapped inside.... also considering that mail wouldn't be shipped for free. If you compare the price for a registered mail to go abroad, you will see it's not that cheap.
Another issue can be privacy? Mail can be sent to a P.O. Box but web payments often need your real name? That's not true either. Many processors allow you just to choose a nick or an email account and your real data won't be shown to your sender.
Final issue can be taxes? Well, I think that nobody will piss off if you get occasionally some money and transaction is registered somewhere (if they will find out of course). And if you don't get money occasionally then I would strongly discourage you getting it in mails.
So my reply is still no, i never received cash in mail and I hope nobody will use that way for sending me money.

The only way I receive money is through websites where I sell my content. I don't use a payment service provider... so any "money" I would be receiving would come after a pay cut...as far as I know in Canada our services are limited when it comes to payment service providers so its easier to just get it through an already established platform...then it may be a question of whether or not I've made payout ect

Just because I'm not opposed to cash doesn't mean other models may not be... I never said "Oh everyone should take cash in the mail, its the only way to go" Obviously every one is able to make their own choice

Reactions: Gen
I agree with your speech and never thought you talked for everybody, just wanted to show obejctive drawback for sending and getting money in mail compared with any provider that will transfer money virtually. Of course if anybody wish cash in mail it's her own business.

Reactions: Gen and CurvyJ
I agree with your speech and never thought you talked for everybody, just wanted to show obejctive drawback for sending and getting money in mail compared with any provider that will transfer money virtually. Of course if anybody wish cash in mail it's her own business.

There's been a number of topics and discussions on the potential hazards of members having an address to send mail, Amazon or other gifts to, etc. So, your points of security, etc are valid.

There's an increased risk of sending cash in the mail, at least in a regular envelope since it might be seen and stolen. But, there's also been a significant increase of package thefts from people's front steps, mailboxes, etc. So, is it that much more of a risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.