AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you ever felt left out because you weren't invited to an event?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have a good one! My bff and I were the only people in our 8th grade class NOT to be invited to a girl's bat mitzvah. To make it even more awesomely awkward, my grandparents and hers were super close pals. (Like... this girl was born the month I was and my Grandma tried to get my parents to give me her same 1st name close.) So, my grandma was there partying it up with my classmates wondering where I was.

Nowadays, I'm pretty happy to be left out of things. Most invitation type things are just a present grab.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I've felt left out for not being invited to events or gatherings that I couldn't or wouldn't have attended anyway... cuz I'm a bitch like that, I suppose. But then I get over it.

Story of my childhood. You get good at pretending it doesn't sting.

Totally. I think this is a pretty universal experience. I once saw some people I consider friends, including out of town ones, partying together on Snapchat. I reacted like a baby and was super hurt. Tbh I usually hang out with the same three people only and I almost instantly regret agreeing to plans because I'm a lazy homebody, but I still like to be included.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Yep. To be honest I probably wouldn't have attended but I'd have been respectful enough to let that person know the reason why. Nowadays when I see that person/people I make a big deal about, "Oh my invitation got lost in the mail, huh?". Embarasses the shit outta them, especially if we're in a large crowd.

I have crazy anxieties , so i think people just stopped inviting me out anymore... Pretty sucky because some days i would love to go out and hang... Oh well, the hermit life for me :)

this is so raw! no one gets through life unscathed by rejection- might as well bond over it. i was a really intense kid, way too much of a buzzkill to get invited out much. i acted like i was above it by trying to fit in with people older than me... always a recipe for trouble.
i see myself much differently now, but i still have to salve those psychic wounds sometimes. camming has been great for that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
It's so fucking weird that I log on here for the first time in like about 2 months & see this post! Because shit like this (not getting invited) has happened to me a few times over the past several months.

The first was my cousin who didn't inivte me to his birthday night out. I mean I kinda get why he didn't. I don't know his circle of friends, plus we aren't that close. But on the other hand I always invite him to mine, so part of me feels it's only right to return the gesture. The next one was my other cousin (his brother). Again I kinda get it because of the same reasons I mentioned above. But with this one not only do I invite him as well to mine, but he lives in London like me. So there's no excuse like his brother to say there was no point in inviting me because he lives far away. After not being invited I wrote a litle thing on my fb status without mentioning any names saying something like I was confused about not being invited, as I always invite them. And the funny thing is the brother who I mentioned second has moved closer to me & I see him quite often. And so I sometimes wonder when we meet up if he saw my post & knew I was talking about him, lol.
The final incident happend about a couple months back, involving another of my cousins & another birthday. This cousin I'm more close to & have seen him & his brother & parents hold a little celebration for his birthday in the past just on their own. So this year I was kinda pissed that me & my mom weren't invited again. As we go & visit them a few times a year & are very close. I knew there wasn't a negative reason behind not being invited, but I still couldn't help being pissed as I didn't get why they wouldn't want to share the occasion with us. So like I often do I got carried away on fb & posted a few things on my status such as "hope we get invited" & "maybe he's doing something with his special lady friend". And then after seeing him post pics of them celebrtating by themselves I posted another status with one of the emotion ones that said I was feeling angry. Not long after I get a notification from fb saying he'd written on my wall. He was not a happy bunny at all! He said "We just had a 15 min celebration 4 of us & there were no parties that you weren't invited to. And it's no one's business who I want to spend my time with, my special lady friend or my family. Try to grow up & spend more time thinking before you post about private matters on fb". To say I was shocked is an understatement! I know my fb post's were stupid & wrong, but it's not like I'd insulted him! Anyway within the hour we sorted it. I apologised & so did he.

So yeah...that's my experiences, lol. Sorry it was so long. I know I could've just told it all in a nutshell. But I thought this way might be more interesting & funny.

I am always left out, but never due to any event (I tend to get invited)...so the answer is no.

I guess I have to address this from the perspective of what age I stopped giving a f**k about being a part of anything social. I dated the same girl all through high school, and I was so focused on her that everything else just wasn't important. I would have rather spent time with her than at some vomit party the popular kids were always throwing. The first real sting of "feeling left out" didn't really occur to me until I was in the military around the age of 24-25 I think it was, when my entire unit has a beach party that I somehow didn't get invited to. I wound up spending the night at the local Base club getting snot slinging drunk and walking(?) back to the barracks to sleep it off. The next day everyone at work asked me why I wasn't at the party......:mad:

• Hugs
Reactions: Guy
In 6th grade I was invited to a fake birthday. My parents dropped me off at the YMCA it was supposedly at and left. No one was there. I sat in the bathroom with my gift and cried the whole time. I couldn't of get a hold of my parents since they were working. I was supposed to get a ride back with a neighbor, but that didn't happen. About 5 hours later, hungry, I eventually told someone who worked there what happened.

It was pretty traumatizing. The rest of the school year was torture, everyone made fun of me for going to the wrong place, when I was purposely given a wrong address. Only the few friends I had and I knew the truth since theirs said New YMCA and mine said Old YMCA.

Never really got invited to do much in the first place, so learned how to do my own thing. Which, in many ways is preferential as I find I grow tired of many people quickly.

However, more often than not, when I do get invited I'm either working or it's last minute and I already have plans.

I guess I have to address this from the perspective of what age I stopped giving a f**k about being a part of anything social. I dated the same girl all through high school, and I was so focused on her that everything else just wasn't important. I would have rather spent time with her than at some vomit party the popular kids were always throwing. The first real sting of "feeling left out" didn't really occur to me until I was in the military around the age of 24-25 I think it was, when my entire unit has a beach party that I somehow didn't get invited to. I wound up spending the night at the local Base club getting snot slinging drunk and walking(?) back to the barracks to sleep it off. The next day everyone at work asked me why I wasn't at the party......:mad:
Did you ever find out why you weren't invited?

Did you ever find out why you weren't invited?

That's the reason for the :mad gif, just not in the manner that it came across now that I see your reply, and I should have been more clear...

Apparently I was supposed to have been invited, but it was one of those situations where everyone else thought someone else would have invited me. So basically I punished my body with copious amounts of alcohol and writhed in self loathing for no reason that night.

I was kind of a nerd growing up and had very few friends. There were lots of birthday parties and sleepovers I wasn't invited to because I wasn't part of the popular clique. The only times I was ever invited was when someone's parents made them invite all the girls in the class.

Not really. People can invite whomever they wish to events and I'm generally cool with being invited or not being invited .. it's not that big of a deal for me. I have found over the years though, that I would be more likely to bag an invite if I was in a relationship at that time. More valued as part of a couple than as a singleton I guess.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.