AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you ever spontaneously moved to another part of the world?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
This is something that both intrigues and scares me, but something i've been sort of contemplating on & off.

Not necessarily moving to another country. It could be moving to other side of the country you already live in, but far away from your original home.

I want to hear your experiences if you have any, such as how long did it take you feel settled, how soon were you able to find a job, were you able to meet anyone new right away or did it take time, any complications along the way, what advice would you give to someone who's considering such a drastic change in residency, etc.

I've never moved to another country. I've barely been to another country save Canada. But, I've moved from states a couple of times. Took less than two weeks to find a job and friends when I moved from MI to TN. I've since moved from TN to FL. Been here 7 years. Cammed when I moved. Clips now. So, no need to find a job here. Still have zero friends after all this time. My husband makes friends here though. I guess it's just me? Weird how different places are. I'm a pretty laid back person and quite liberal/live and let live. I'd have guessed that the people of FL would fit me better than TN, but TN was much more welcoming. Eh. FL has sweet weather and palm trees and cheap living though.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I moved from NYC to SF without ever visiting back in 2010. I lived there for 14months. I then moved to Atl and had only visited once. I lived there for 1 year. Then I moved to PCB and had only visited twice. I lived there for almost 2 years.
I wouldn't say I was ever really settled in, but that may become I KNEW I wouldn't be sticking around for a very long period of time. I work from home (cam model lol) so I never had to look for a job, since I already had one. I did not have a problem meeting new people in any area. I am a pretty social and extroverted person. I took a look at local events that aligned with my interest, went to local clubs and "meetups" that were themed with things I am interested in (like board games for me).

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Twice! I moved to Florida from Pennsylvania and went through the trouble of transferring schools because of snowstorms. I got tired of dealing with snow. Called my mom and asked to move in after I shoveled my car out and a snow plow covered it back up. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Hubby and I moved then moved from Florida to Austin, TX and got our first apartment after I graduated for no reason. He did have a possible job lined up, but it wasn't cemented. Neither of us have been there.

Hindsight, not a good idea to move half way across the country with someone you have been with for a year. We describe living there an experience and got one of our dogs there. Been with the dude for almost a decade, so I'm glad we made it work. :)

Moving doesn't scare me. I love it. I moved around my whole life like a bunch of gypsies. Staying put in the same place makes me hella nervous and uncomfortable.

I grew up moving frequently, mostly to a different city in the state I was living in. Though, we did move regions once. I've mostly lived in the same area since. But, I've always felt restless and wanting to move. Due to obligations, wasn't able to for the longest time or my (ex)wife would have nothing to do with it. I'm at a point where I'm considering moving in the next year. But, want to get a few more things lined upbefore I do. Unsure where I'll move to though.

I moved from Las Vegas > SoCal>Syria>SoCal> Italy> NewZealnd>SoCal>Normal >SoCal

LOL ask me anything. Honestly the experience is different every time. I've always managed to go to school and work in every place, and plan on travelling more with camming freeing up my time. Moving and change don't frighten me, I embrace the change. New starts are lovely

I sold my house and most of my belongings and moved into an RV, so I’m always moving somewhere new and never get settled. It’s perfect.

I've never moved out of state, barely out of county, but that being said, I have moved 25 times in 29 years. Most were when I was a kid, my mom was always moving us from one place to another. As far as making friends - I don't seek new people out, ever. Every friend I've ever had, approached me and initiated things. I've been at my current office job since July, 0 friends here and honestly I don't care about that tbh, I'm there for a paycheck, not for friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: JickyJuly
After my first year of university, where I failed almost every course, I decided to take a few years off to get my act together. After working dead end jobs for a few months I said, “Fuck it, I’m going to be a ski bum” and moved across the country to Banff (Canadian Rockies). I had no job lined up, I didn’t know anyone, I had no place to stay, and only enough money for about one week in a flea bag motel. The friend that was supposed to go with me chickened out and bailed so I was on my own.

It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It turns out it is blindingly easy to get a job at a ski resort at the start of the ski season. It took me almost a decade to get the partying out of my system but I eventually returned home and went back to university where I graduated Summa Cum Laude (fortunately I had waited long enough that the GPA from my first year was no longer considered).

I have never moved to another country, but I did spontaneously move to another city. It took me about a year to feel settled. I ended up moving back after about ten years, and that was another spontaneous move and I am still trying to get settled a year or so later again. But I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my life!

I moved last year from NH to AZ. packed as much as I could in my car and drove. I set up an apartment before getting here but didn't see it first so I wasn't sure what to expect. in the end its been the best decision I could of made. I love the west coast!

I have been stuck in New England my whole life.. In 5 years I plan to pack up my stuff and go to the West Coast; prob Vegas - Cali- Arizona (one of them) . With my job I can go anywhere and I want warm.. I'm sick of how expensive it is here and I'm sick of winter.. I hate it.

I lived in one city in Sacramento for 18 years and then moved to Nevada for college. It was not only a challenge, but it ended up causing me a lot of pain because I ended up stuck there with the only person I knew being my abusive ex. The worst situation to wind up in, pretty much. But I graduated from college, got my vanilla career started, and recently moved back to California.

Never moved to another state or country yet, but as the days go by, I am itching to more to do so. I love my family, but I need to get the hell away from them LOL.

The thought of moving somewhere completely new kind of scares me a little, but this thread makes me feel better about it.

Every so often but lately it’s quite frequently I’m thinking about packing up my things and saying adios!!
What keeps me holding off is by doing Long travels usually in another state or somewhere in the carribean.
This year I’m planning on going to other countries for weeks/months at a time.
I am more so in need of a change of scenery every now and then and a wanderlust.

In the Long run I see myself having another home or Two in different countries. But the idea of relocating outside of the U.S is never off the table.

These are really interesting to read. Thanks to everyone who shared something! :h:

I've been contemplating moving to another country, possibly somewhere in europe or asia, just to experience a culture shock. Right now i feel incredibly stagnant where i am.

I have been stuck in New England my whole life.. In 5 years I plan to pack up my stuff and go to the West Coast; prob Vegas - Cali- Arizona (one of them) . With my job I can go anywhere and I want warm.. I'm sick of how expensive it is here and I'm sick of winter.. I hate it.

Sadly, depending on where you move it can be just as, if not more expensive, than the East Coast. I was looking at a job that would put me near D.C. or Seattle, depending on the office. Seattle was significantly more expensive than the D.C. area. I'm originally from SoCal, and part of me would like to go back out there due to family and weather. But, between how expensive it is there, and other things, I'm not sure I want to.

All that aside, it's great that models have the ability to move pretty much anywhere and be able to take your job with you. :)

Ooh I would love to be able to move spontaneously! I don't feel particularly attached to my hometown. My only 4 rules would be 1. my cats have to be able to come with me without it being too risky for them (I would never fly them as cargo NEVER the mere thought makes my skin crawl with disgust) 2. it can't be super cold for long periods of time 3. it has to rain, preferably a lot (gloomy weather makes me happy lol). 4. i prefer more nature/privacy/peace than huge crowded cities

I would love to move to Europe.

Maybe one day! :D

I'll be moving to Europe in a few months, if all goes well. I want to experience a new culture, new language, new customs, new foods, new vistas, new life. I want to make friends who are not, as all my friends are here, friends with my ex-wife. lol

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Sadly, depending on where you move it can be just as, if not more expensive, than the East Coast. I was looking at a job that would put me near D.C. or Seattle, depending on the office. Seattle was significantly more expensive than the D.C. area. I'm originally from SoCal, and part of me would like to go back out there due to family and weather. But, between how expensive it is there, and other things, I'm not sure I want to.

All that aside, it's great that models have the ability to move pretty much anywhere and be able to take your job with you. :)

I was shocked to learn that it's almost as cheap to live in Vegas as it is to live in Iowa, which is dirt fucking cheap. I plan to move to Vegas eventually for work, and knowing that my cost of living won't change much is a relief.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
I was shocked to learn that it's almost as cheap to live in Vegas as it is to live in Iowa, which is dirt fucking cheap. I plan to move to Vegas eventually for work, and knowing that my cost of living won't change much is a relief.

Yeah, I've heard the Vegas area is about equal to where I'm at. Same with Phoenix. I was referring more to the Coastal states, especially along the coastal cities it's insane in CA. But, one also needs to take into consideration that the Las Vegas area was one of the three areas hit the worst during the housing bubble burst ten years ago and signs are showing it's most likely going to happen again very soon. But, if you move down there, hopefully being able to cam anywhere should help keep you and other models without issues if it happens again.

I've moved a lot all across the U.S. but in terms of a spontaneous move to another art of the world -- yes. In my younger days, a lover got into a car wreck. Couldn't concentrate, carry on. I had a friend In Paris who kept saying to come on a student visa, that she'd help me out getting settled so I took her up on it! A wonderful year & a half. Dang, that city has so much going for it. Also cheap as that year the exchange rate was very favorable. Contemplated staying but it seemed I'd have an easier time, financially, in the U.S. so I came back. J'aime Paris!

I have nothing helpful to add to this, but reading it makes me realize that I probably have the least amount of moves here with none. If nothing else, I'm tied for it, since I have no idea how you could be lower than zero

I was born and raised in Flint, Michigan. Just about all of my family in my generation have left the area. With that being said, I have spontaneously moved away one 3 occasions. 1st I joind the Army back in 2001. that took me to Oklahoma and Texas before ending up back in the Flint area. In 2006, I moved to Virginia for a job offer from defense contractor Northrop Grumman. After losing my security clearance (long story) I moved back to Michigan again. thirdly, In 2013 I moved to Juneau Alaska and lived there for 3 years. Cost of living and bad job opportunities lead t ok me moving back "home". I have been all over the place.

Reactions: JickyJuly
This is something that both intrigues and scares me, but something i've been sort of contemplating on & off.

Not necessarily moving to another country. It could be moving to other side of the country you already live in, but far away from your original home.

I want to hear your experiences if you have any, such as how long did it take you feel settled, how soon were you able to find a job, were you able to meet anyone new right away or did it take time, any complications along the way, what advice would you give to someone who's considering such a drastic change in residency, etc.
I moved two other totally different area where I didn't know anyone in thought I could start over and it ended up being terrible because I was filled with loneliness and isolation it was so hard to meet new people where I moved and it could have just been the area but it could have been that my depression and anxiety didn't change just because I moved and meeting people just made it awful because I felt so lonely all the time, not that I missed where I was from just that I still hadn't gotten what I wanted out of moving. That's not to say I'm not going to try it again at some point I probably will and hopefully it'll go better the next time now that I have more experience to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.