AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Having problems with streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 23, 2015
Hello, i decided to do camming about 3 months ago, first few days i made nothing, then after about a week i was doing fine, but because of my busy life i decided to take some time off. So i did.. for like 2 months lol. So couple days ago i decided to log back into streamate and hardly anyone came in my room, today when i was camming no one came into my room for more than 30 minutes, i was dancing around for 30 minutes like an idiot and nothing! I think its something to do with my placement, i was trying to find myself but couldnt, i dont know whats going on i have good lighting, good webcam and a very fast internet plus i use the encoder, i like streamate, its my favourite camming site, ive never had a rude guy in my room, the guys are nice, but i just dont know what to do with my placement its horrible i hardly ever get anyone in my room... could any of you please give me some advice on what i could do

One thing I've learned about streamate during my research is your score/placing goes down the less active you are, and if you use geoblocking, which is why I didn't sign up for it. Although if you aren't showing up at all, that would be a reason for worry.

The number of hours worked recently is a HUGE factor in placement on SM. Taking time off can hurt a bit.

Try to do shifts between 3-5 hours in length, that seems to be a common "sweet spot". You'll typically have less traffic when you first log on, and will get busier as the shift goes on.

Additionally, a lot of models have found that on SM, the more of a show you're giving, the less people are going to want to pay. If I stand up and dance, my room fills up, but none of those people tip or take me private. If I'm sitting at my computer and rocking out to some music while I giggle at gifs on Tumblr, people are more likely to engage. The customer base is also more worried about "bothering" you if you're "busy" for some reason. Dude, if I didn't want privates, I wouldn't be online!

SM, I created a perv account there about a month ago. Where ya have to use a card for age verification. When I went to the site I got all kinds of security pop-ups saying "site known for fraud, etc". Pfft. I sign up. Fast forward about 18 hrs later. I get back in town from work, about 3 am. Car on Eeeempty. Card declined, 3 different gas stations. Atm, declined. Luckily I had $8 cash on me. WTF theres like $2500 in there. So I look at my balance online. Charges for $496, $98, and $53 from "unknown merchants". So I call the bank in the AM. They declined the first 496 charge and deactivated my card. Had to drive 2 hrs one way to main branch to get new card (needed a card that day, couldn't wait for mail). Coincidence?? So yeah, fuckkk SM.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
SM, I created a perv account there about a month ago. Where ya have to use a card for age verification. When I went to the site I got all kinds of security pop-ups saying "site known for fraud, etc". Pfft. I sign up. Fast forward about 18 hrs later. I get back in town from work, about 3 am. Car on Eeeempty. Card declined, 3 different gas stations. Atm, declined. Luckily I had $8 cash on me. WTF theres like $2500 in there. So I look at my balance online. Charges for $496, $98, and $53 from "unknown merchants". So I call the bank in the AM. They declined the first 496 charge and deactivated my card. Had to drive 2 hrs one way to main branch to get new card (needed a card that day, couldn't wait for mail). Coincidence?? So yeah, fuckkk SM.
Best not to ignore those warnings. It's very likely that you accidentally went to a site with a name similar to SM, but not actually SM.

Doesn't sound like you're likely to give it another go, but the correct site is http://streamate.com or the popular whitelabel http://www.cammodels.com.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hello, i decided to do camming about 3 months ago, first few days i made nothing, then after about a week i was doing fine, but because of my busy life i decided to take some time off. So i did.. for like 2 months lol. So couple days ago i decided to log back into streamate and hardly anyone came in my room, today when i was camming no one came into my room for more than 30 minutes, i was dancing around for 30 minutes like an idiot and nothing! I think its something to do with my placement, i was trying to find myself but couldnt, i dont know whats going on i have good lighting, good webcam and a very fast internet plus i use the encoder, i like streamate, its my favourite camming site, ive never had a rude guy in my room, the guys are nice, but i just dont know what to do with my placement its horrible i hardly ever get anyone in my room... could any of you please give me some advice on what i could do

Have you checked to make sure all of the stuff on the encoder is correct? I would also look yourself up (even tho you said it's hard to find you, you can just type in your cammodel link) to see if your feed is bad. or your audio.

If you're interested in getting better placement right off the bat, shoot me an email and we'll get you taken care of. ;)

If you're interested in getting better placement right off the bat, shoot me an email and we'll get you taken care of. ;)

This is what I don't understand. Why should models have to send an email saying that they want good placement? How is placement calculated in such a way so as to be overridden by some admin saying, "Yep, she wants it, and we approve. Shoot her up to the top of the page." What about the girls who work their asses off, have great internet/cam/lighting/dollar-per-hour/etc but don't know about this sneaky email requirement? Are they just screwed?

This just seems like such a skeevy practice to me.

This is what I don't understand. Why should models have to send an email saying that they want good placement? How is placement calculated in such a way so as to be overridden by some admin saying, "Yep, she wants it, and we approve. Shoot her up to the top of the page." What about the girls who work their asses off, have great internet/cam/lighting/dollar-per-hour/etc but don't know about this sneaky email requirement? Are they just screwed?

It's not a thing. There's rumors that one particular studio gets priority placement, but I've seen plenty of models (myself included) get top placement just fine. That being said, I do think it's possible that maybe they play favorites a little bit if an established/successful model sets up a new account. I think @GUNNER was just hinting if she went to his site, she'd get priority placement. But no, emailing Streamate won't get you better placement. Like other sites, it's calculated by internet speed, earnings/hr, hours put in, etc.

Best not to ignore those warnings. It's very likely that you accidentally went to a site with a name similar to SM, but not actually SM.
In my view the most likely thing is from 3rd party ads. Ads can be agressive in testing your security, even in some cases installing viruses on your system.

It's not a thing. There's rumors that one particular studio gets priority placement, but I've seen plenty of models (myself included) get top placement just fine. That being said, I do think it's possible that maybe they play favorites a little bit if an established/successful model sets up a new account. I think @GUNNER was just hinting if she went to his site, she'd get priority placement. But no, emailing Streamate won't get you better placement. Like other sites, it's calculated by internet speed, earnings/hr, hours put in, etc.
I'm pretty sure they only give 'special treatment' to girls who make the MOST money.

I'm pretty sure they only give 'special treatment' to girls who make the MOST money.
Not really. A few girls here have said they've gotten special treatment from Streamate while signing up by having an MFC following or bringing MFC whales to Streamate. I think they might have given me a boost in the beginning for having a lot of Twitter followers. Can't confirm and was years ago, but I don't feel like my initial start there warranted as good of placement as I had.

Reactions: Jadeskye and Gen
Not really. A few girls here have said they've gotten special treatment from Streamate while signing up by having an MFC following or bringing MFC whales to Streamate. I think they might have given me a boost in the beginning for having a lot of Twitter followers. Can't confirm and was years ago, but I don't feel like my initial start there warranted as good of placement as I had.
Interesting.. Haven't heard of either scenarios but most of my camming conversations happen on twitter where there aren't too many details shared. (noob to acf can you tell) lol :)

Reactions: JickyJuly

Where did I say our admins would magically improve her placement? You made that assumption.

When a performer emails us and wants to improve her placement, the first thing we do is work closely with them on all of the things you mention (cam, lighting, etc) and that in turn is what gives her better placement. I never said we just flip a switch and she's bumped to the top, pushing all the other hardworking cam girls to the side.

Where did I say our admins would magically improve her placement? You made that assumption.

When a performer emails us and wants to improve her placement, the first thing we do is work closely with them on all of the things you mention (cam, lighting, etc) and that in turn is what gives her better placement. I never said we just flip a switch and she's bumped to the top, pushing all the other hardworking cam girls to the side.

Then you should have said, "If you want better placement, send us an email and we'll walk you through some steps that can help put you closer to the top." Not

It's the "We'll get you taken care of" and WINK that implied that something a bit less straightforward and transparent was going on 'behind the scenes.'

Then you should have said, "If you want better placement, send us an email and we'll walk you through some steps that can help put you closer to the top." Not

It's the "We'll get you taken care of" and WINK that implied that something a bit less straightforward and transparent was going on 'behind the scenes.'

I apologize. I wasn't aware the smiley with a wink emoticon implies something is going on behind the scenes.

OK I'm a little confused. Gunner you have logos for Cam4 on your posts and in your pic. Has Steam and Cam4 combined? Do you work for Steam? You answer posts here like you do but are advertising another cam site.

OK I'm a little confused. Gunner you have logos for Cam4 on your posts and in your pic. Has Steam and Cam4 combined? Do you work for Steam? You answer posts here like you do but are advertising another cam site.

No. Two completely different companies.

I think @GUNNER was just hinting if she went to his site, she'd get priority placement.

CharlotteLace for the win.

Hey Hun!

I am really bad about taking a month or two break here and there, so here's what I can tell you.

Assuming you have done everything else right, the main thing is to be consistent now. The first week you're back, you might make barely anything. But the next week, it'll be a bit more, and then a bit more, as your placement will get better and better with consistency.

Whenever I switch which days I'm taking off, then the days that I used to take off will become my slowest days for about a month. But I have to stick it out.

Also, the longer into a session you are, the better your placement will become for that session. I try for 3-hour shifts, sometimes 3.5 - 4 hours. I know that if I get a huge private right at the beginning, I'm likely not to make much for the next couple hours. But I also know that if I'm not on those hours this week, then next week those hours will definitely be dead. So I stick it out this week to let me make money next week.

As stated from others, if I look like I'm not doing anything, but have the interested/happy expression on my face, I'm more likely to be taken for a show. So, reading, watching videos with subtitles and no sound, playing a video game with the sound off (one that I can look away from, not one that requires constant attention), all of those are good for while I wait on privates. I tend to keep a low bounce.

Now, I'm not the highest earner on the site. But I make enough, and this is what I've noticed. If I was better about being consistent, I'd make a lot more.

Hours online is a huge factor on SM, if you consistently work 25+ per week it'll bump your placement. There are a lot of factors that go into their matrix, but HD streaming and fast internet are first, then after that a mishmash of hours online, money earned per hour, number of affiliate site hits, client conversion, cammodel link sales all factor in to your placement. Generally speaking if you work 25+ and 1k a week you'll be on the front page (depending on who is online)

Status
Not open for further replies.