AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HD coming back soon?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I go into HD rooms on Internet Explorer, they show white blank screens. If I go into HD rooms on Chrome, works great. But wtf is the point of this, I haven't updated IE in like a year. :lol: Has anyone?!

I'll be testing it tonight. Doesn't look as HD as before at all. Still looks pretty nice, but I do love how they toned it down. I swear some people watch me from their towers made out of a card board box and scotch tape. So this HD is way less demanding.

I always shave my legs for cam, because once when I didn't the guys in my room commented on the sand papery sound when my legs brushed together. :( lol

Pimples are definitely my main worry with HD, and I am totally looking for some new skin care products. Thanks to everyone posting about them in here! I think I should look for and/or start a thread about it.
Butt pimples are the worst, but I find that a light dusting of baby powder after showering/before bed completely prevents them for me. Of course, I'm so pale that it mostly blends in with my natural coloring, where as other girls probably would only want to do it when their butts won't be seen.

Dumb question, what does that green camera icon over avatars mean?

Reactions: Jupiter551
Its being a total bitch here =(

I'm using chrome and when i start up they dont say i have the newest flash player version.
Then again when i try to install it i allready got the 11 version

I did about anything but it just wont work aaaaaaaarghhh!!

I just tried to click on a ton of models with the "HD" symbol and all I got was a white screen, also. Even after refreshing. I don't think I will be trying the HD thing out.

LadyBakes said:
I always shave my legs for cam, because once when I didn't the guys in my room commented on the sand papery sound when my legs brushed together. :( lol
HAHAHAHA :lol:

EuroMinx said:
I just tried to click on a ton of models with the "HD" symbol and all I got was a white screen, also. Even after refreshing. I don't think I will be trying the HD thing out.

Same thing here with Amber giving it a try yesterday. No bueno.

@LadyBakes from what I've seen the little green camera icon when "hovered over" shows a screen pic of the models current camera view. Gives a preview of what is going on in the room. Interesting when it works. Still some bugs as it is a new feature. Hope this helps.

Reactions: GingerAnn
bud9752 said:
@LadyBakes from what I've seen the little green camera icon when "hovered over" shows a screen pic of the models current camera view. Gives a preview of what is going on in the room. Interesting when it works. Still some bugs as it is a new feature. Hope this helps.

LOL, I figured that out shortly after making that post and felt super stupid. It must've been glitching for me last night because it was stationary on a few avatars. I thought it was some new crazy feature I hadn't heard about.

Thank you, though! :h:

Shaun__ said:
The new HD does not look HD kind of disappointed.

Yea the first time they released it, it was actually real HD. I guess lots of models didnt like it so they toned it down a bit. :lol:

So is it still 640x480? or they are applying more compression to it?

Used as well + loved it. TONS of positive feedback. Also some members that remember having a hard time with the first HD, says this one is working pristine. There were a few 'ugh my computer sucks, lagging so much with hd' comments but that's always to be expected.

Reactions: ViruSphere
HaileyJade said:
Shaun__ said:
The new HD does not look HD kind of disappointed.

Yea the first time they released it, it was actually real HD. I guess lots of models didnt like it so they toned it down a bit. :lol:

I think they toned it down to save money on bandwidth because they are cheap asses.

PixieDust_ said:

I'm using chrome and when i start up they dont say i have the newest flash player version.

I'm not really responding about the HD issue. Just wanted to say that I use Google Chrome and the new Adobe Flash 11.2 (which I love) on MFC, but the other day MFC was being very odd and kept telling me "You need to install Adobe Flash." Huh? :think:

The_Brown_Fox said:
PixieDust_ said:

I'm not really responding about the HD issue. Just wanted to say that I use Google Chrome and the new Adobe Flash 11.2 (which I love) on MFC, but the other day MFC was being very odd and kept telling me "You need to install Adobe Flash." Huh? :think:
Yea my adobe updates to the new version all by its self when it becomes available and it tells me I need to install adobe and Im sitting there scratching my head and saying why do you hate me so? lol.

EvaLee said:
Used as well + loved it. TONS of positive feedback. Also some members that remember having a hard time with the first HD, says this one is working pristine. There were a few 'ugh my computer sucks, lagging so much with hd' comments but that's always to be expected.

I remember your HD loaded unlike many others last night.

Reactions: EvaLee
It looks like the new "HD" is 480x360 resolution, rather than the 640x480 that it was before.

:think:

EvaLee said:

Yeah, no problems with your HD. You even had an HD cam and SD cam going at the same time. Very cool.

Reactions: EvaLee
NewAroundHere said:
EvaLee said:

I remember your HD loaded unlike many others last night.

:blob3: :blob4: :blob5: :blob7: :blob2: :blob8:

Saw a couple of girls try using HD tonight.. There was no visible difference. In fact the HD actually looked worse than 'normal' stream.

The little ppl were out playing tonight too....

Attachments

• testcam ppl.jpg
    testcam ppl.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 136
Had HD on tonight (so did a TON of models, blew my mind when I saw the difference from model's using it tonight vs last night), and the results were much different today in terms of what people were saying. People seem to look like this --> :think: when they come in an HD room. I had about 4 people ask me 'is this really HD?' tonight. I had to reassure a bunch of people tonight that yes, my cam is HD because they feel it isn't true HD by any means.

There was one thing I noticed. I normally have a few people that are in my room before I get there, or people that come in the split second I turn my cam on, and to them it was SD until they left and came back in. Not sure if that's possible, but about 20 people said they didn't see my HD tag until a few minutes after I had logged in, even though I logged in completely HD from the get go.

A lot more trouble today seeing white screens than last night. If I can't get a vid stream after 5+ refreshes, there is a problem. I'd say this happened on 40% of rooms when clicking in the lounge. Happens whether I use FF or Chrome.

Reactions: SoTxBob
schlmoe said:
A lot more trouble today seeing white screens than last night. If I can't get a vid stream after 5+ refreshes, there is a problem. I'd say this happened on 40% of rooms when clicking in the lounge. Happens whether I use FF or Chrome.

This. I would say 90% of the people that came into my room last night had no issue. Tonight I was getting MFC mails, PMs, you name it, asking me how the heck to fix this. Makes me sad in the pants. :icon-cry:

I still say they should drop the HD and just call it SD. I still can not go full screen with the video window without the video quality going to hell.

sxycherrypie said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
PixieDust_ said:

Yea my adobe updates to the new version all by its self when it becomes available and it tells me I need to install adobe and Im sitting there scratching my head and saying why do you hate me so? lol.

i use chrome and am having this problem also... i gave up and didn't feel like wasting sexytime on adobe issues.

I checked out a few models who were using HD
But I also couldn't tell the diffrence..

So im not gonna fuck around with installation stuff
I'm fine with my cam and how it is now hahah

HD is sucks..period. Having to refresh 4 - 5 times in free chat is annoying but having to do it in a group or a private is taking tokens for a white screen. While yes if you wanna make the model window full screen HD is gonna look a bit better its not worth it IMO.

Reactions: SoTxBob
There is like 2 models online using HD, as opposed to the 15+ last night. :lol: This is such fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.