AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hidden Tip Note

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagz

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 10, 2010
Florida
So, I noticed today that I got a tip and it said (Not posted in room.) I thought it was the user, and then I saw it again! I think MFC is finally letting us know that tips are hidden! YAY! :) also, sorry if there is already a thread about this, I looked and couldn't find anything

So models never knew whether a tip was hidden from the room or not? Explains a lot :think:

My room was pretty full last night and there was some rivalry going on in there, one of the guys gave me a hidden tip because he didn't want to "give him the pleasure" (the other guy). Ooookay :-D I'll take it!

JickyJuly said:
Oh NOOO. I saw that too yesterday and thought it meant the tipper didnt want me to include the tip on my countdown :( So, i didn't. Crap.

Actually this is what one guy told me. He said he wanted a flash but not count it in the countdown.

What tips show up gray? My hidden tips are still yellow, but they say "Not Posted In Room"

HaileyJade said:
What tips show up gray? My hidden tips are still yellow, but they say "Not Posted In Room"

Some of my people in my room were giving me hidden tips, like the person wanted them hidden from the rest of the room, so it showed in grey highlighted background instead of yellow.

Mine are still yellow too but I haven't downloaded the new software yet (mine didn't automatically prompt but JJ told me that the super secret tips are grey and the room count problem is fixed with this new version)

As far as I can tell the new software doesn't include a feature that now emits a mild electrical shock to correct me after I read the premiums name and message outloud despite the shady grey super-secret nature of the tip.

I can see why a premium helplessly caught in a tip-off spiraling out of control might utilize this feature but I'm totally confused as to why a premium would tip but make a point of asking that their tip not be counted towards the models goal? I'm basically just totally confused as to why premiums would use this feature, I just send tips anonymously and I can identify myself in the tip note if I want to... Anonymous is still a tip option right?

LovelyLemon said:
As far as I can tell the new software doesn't include a feature that now emits a mild electrical shock to correct me after I read the premiums name and message outloud despite the shady grey super-secret nature of the tip.

LMAO, that would be sooooo awesome if we had that capability along with the option of where you could receive said shock!

LovelyLemon said:
I can see why a premium helplessly caught in a tip-off spiraling out of control might utilize this feature but I'm totally confused as to why a premium would tip but make a point of asking that their tip not be counted towards the models goal? I'm basically just totally confused as to why premiums would use this feature, I just send tips anonymously and I can identify myself in the tip note if I want to... Anonymous is still a tip option right?

I can see doing that sometimes just to be generous while simultaneously pissing off the beggars and freeloaders waiting for a show... not that I've ever done that or anything. :whistle:

LovelyLemon said:
I'm totally confused as to why a premium would tip but make a point of asking that their tip not be counted towards the models goal?

I had a prem do this yesterday; he basically wanted to tip me to be sweet and wonderful... and have that be it. He didn't want me to have to do anything for it and wanted someone else to tip those additional tokens in order to increase the overall tokens I got (I am assuming for the second part of this sentence). He also wasn't planning on staying for the show, so part of that was probably what Boce was saying about not wanting his tips to benefit the freeloaders.

I super like this new feature.

LovelyLemon said:

It's bloody good fun when you like and are "friends" with the model to tip just for them, and not for the benefit of the pervs watching.

If I tip large it is never for the topic, always for the lady - and the tip notes reflect that :)

People jump all over the tip "you should get naked now", "thanks man now i can fap" - yeah right - you want to fap, pony up :lol:

I let smaller tips contribute to the topic - as it can help the model by reducing the overall target and encouraging others to tip as the target is closer.

LovelyLemon said:
I can see why a premium helplessly caught in a tip-off spiraling out of control might utilize this feature but I'm totally confused as to why a premium would tip but make a point of asking that their tip not be counted towards the models goal?

I'll get these once in a while... when a fella has been tipping generously but feels that he's paying for the show, he'll tip hidden and request that it not be included in the countdown... He may just feel that others need to contribute to the show, which is respectable but I'll often cheat and knock a few off the countdown anyway... I'm impatient and just really wanna get naked!

I get the note saying it's hidden but it's still yellow! I want grey tips dammit!!!

So glad they've made the change, I think in the past I've pissed off a lot of guys by thanking them out loud, but how was I to know they were hidden unless they told me!

For some reason last night was the night of the "Tip not posted in room" for me. I kept getting big tips, like 300-700 tokens in these grey, non posted tips! I asked the guy why he was doing this and he said it was so he didn't intimidate the smaller tippers. He said when he saw big tips flying towards a girl and he didn't have a lot of tokens he was less likely to tip her at all because his tips felt insignificant.

An interesting point of view.

LacieLaPlante said:
I kept getting big tips, like 300-700 tokens in these grey, non posted tips! I asked the guy why he was doing this and he said it was so he didn't intimidate the smaller tippers. He said when he saw big tips flying towards a girl and he didn't have a lot of tokens he was less likely to tip her at all because his tips felt insignificant.
An interesting point of view.
i agree to a point to his statement. i feel not happy inside a crowd of tippers in 100s or even 1000s level. my mere 20-100 tkns letting me feel cheap. (i spend around 100-150 bucks per month on mfc - more is just not possible - so guess about my nightly spending rate.)
So i wont spend most of my time on the big token girls. but i am for convo first anyway and therefore big crowded rooms are not good for that .
A single tipper wont intimidate me btw..

I'm really excited that they are finally letting us know this, I have had so many users tip me and wanted to keep it a secret and I yack on and on about thank yous and saying their name over and over again. It helps some of my users keep their anonymity, congratulations on MFC doing something right for once!

omigod I'm already sick of them lol, just because it's newfangled and exciting suddenly EVERYONE is tipping grey tips *facepalm*.

Question: what does the room see when one of these tips drop? I presume they can hear the noise, can they see anything indicating that there has been a tip?

I love that they are now obvious they are hidden tips. Some people used to tip me and in the note they would say 'this is hidden, don't freak out.' Well how can I not freak out when the number at the beginning of the sentence is 1000? My eyes bulge out of my head, I'm turning bright red and my jaw is hanging to my clit before I can even read the note. :woops:

So last night someone gave me a hidden tip going to the clear the board game. Well uhh.. it isn't like I can *hide* the number or that the tip was happening, especially because the sound went off. So I went ahead and explained what happened and how there is a new hidden tip notification. For the rest of the night, people were doing hidden tips only. So annoying! If you're going to do a hidden tip, I'm going to assume you don't want your name out there. I don't like having to say thank you to anonymous. It must be way more fun for the person to hear their name and be fawned over.

Question: what does the room see when one of these tips drop? I presume they can hear the noise, can they see anything indicating that there has been a tip?[/quote]

as always we hear the tip noise but we don't see the tip if it is a hidden tip. If it is tipped as anonymous we see anonymous has tipped xxx

Anyone seeing the message (tip not posted in room) but don't have the grey/red color... update your software manually (the news post did say "manually download and install") and you'll have the fixed room count, the Beta video option (they are still working on upgrading this and I've given them my feedback via email about it, to which they responded they will be improving it soon) as well as having the grey/red color for invisible tips.

There are still (different) room count # issues in the new software. In group sometimes it posts the public # instead of actual group count, and sometimes in public chat the # sticks and doesn't reflect current. Closing your room and "start webcam" again fixes it.

LovelyLemon said:
omigod I'm already sick of them lol, just because it's newfangled and exciting suddenly EVERYONE is tipping grey tips *facepalm*.

Question: what does the room see when one of these tips drop? I presume they can hear the noise, can they see anything indicating that there has been a tip?

Just to clarify, as a few models seem to give an indication otherwise - this feature has always been present for us tippers. For more than a year I've utilised "don't show my tip in public" (hidden) whenever I wish to... it's one of the two options we have (hidden, anon).

The fact MFC have finally made it so that the models now know the tipper hides it is not something most premiums would be aware of.
Ergo, people aren't suddenly going to be tipping you hidden tips left, right and centre - it's been around for ages. Just you weren't aware that's what people were doing perhaps :)

So when it's hidden, members see nothing in chat at all. If the model has sound on, then we hear the bell sound and know someone has tipped - the only way to know.
Members have never seen hidden tips...

@Amber - beta video? Any hints? :D

Zoomer said:
It would seem they're trying to send higher quality video stream.

AmberCutie said:
Zoomer said:
I tried it today and asked everyone in my room what they thought. Only a few said they saw any difference and it wasn't really much. It made the video laggier on my side, though, which worried me, so I put it back on the regular stream. I'll be pretty excited once they get it working better though!

AbbyFrill said:
AmberCutie said:
Zoomer said:
I tried it today and asked everyone in my room what they thought. Only a few said they saw any difference and it wasn't really much. It made the video laggier on my side, though, which worried me, so I put it back on the regular stream. I'll be pretty excited once they get it working better though!
Yeah, when Amber tried it, it was very laggy for her and for some viewers (myself included).

Zoomer said:
The fact MFC have finally made it so that the models now know the tipper hides it is not something most premiums would be aware of.
Ergo, people aren't suddenly going to be tipping you hidden tips left, right and centre - it's been around for ages. Just you weren't aware that's what people were doing perhaps :)

We knew about the option. Just we couldn't see when it was. What I think she was saying is that when she mentioned she could now tell that it was hidden, guys all of a sudden started using it. My guess is these were guys who tried it once, got called out anyway, and said "fuck it, not worth the trouble making it hidden". When she said that they could do it and it actually lets us know, they said "Sweet! Now that extra step actually MEANS something!" and jumped right in to using it.

I have one gentleman who used to send me anon tips with his username as the tip note because he didn't want to tell the room who he was. He found out after a couple hidden tips that I didn't know they were hidden. I will be glad to let him know that he can make it hidden to the room and I will be able to tell now.

And, thank you girls, didn't know they updated the software. I don't really pay attention to the news feature on the model admin page. x.x

Anyone know anything about the rest of the features of the new update, I dont really understand the part that says about being required to see member cams... ?
I quote:
"The new version fixes some bugs with user counts in groups and privates, and it is required to view member webcams on our new system."

Tambourine said:
Anyone know anything about the rest of the features of the new update, I dont really understand the part that says about being required to see member cams... ?
I quote:
"The new version fixes some bugs with user counts in groups and privates, and it is required to view member webcams on our new system."
I have to believe that you can only view member cams if you have the new version. Older versions will not allow you to view them at all.

Teagz said:
So, I noticed today that I got a tip and it said (Not posted in room.) I thought it was the user, and then I saw it again! I think MFC is finally letting us know that tips are hidden! YAY! :) also, sorry if there is already a thread about this, I looked and couldn't find anything

Now I feel like a dumb ass... I thought everyone could see them so I would sit there asking who tipped until' a regular of mine finally said, "ummmm what tip?" lol

Tambourine said:
I quote:
:eek: I HOPE not.

Status
Not open for further replies.