AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hip Surgery and Recovery 2016

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moody? What is this Moody you speak of? Nice to hear you are in better spirits.

High fives to Jawbs for being Jawbs and the righteous dude that is right there for you.

Hugs to both of you, (Jawbs is probably loading up a hand printing ass slap for when you are healthy enough to take one).

I got on the bike for 5 minutes at PT today, I think it stirred up some things and left me really sore and achy tonight. Some new pain radiating down my leg toward my knee and toward my tailbone. I took some Tylenol to try to ease that as well as a backache and headache. I'm sort of a mess tonight.

But I'm proud of the progress today. The bike felt good on my joints after the first minute of discomfort. My PT dude reassured me that my trip up and down the stairs yesterday was healthy and safe. I'm also happy I got a fish taco. :D

I'll try and video blog over the next day or 2 to catch up. Also would really like to visit on cam in the next few days for a Valentines day visit with my AmberLanders. I think a sweet cam shift could get a bigger smile on my face. :)

I don't know how you can manage sleeping on your back. Most of the time I just can't fall asleep at all on my back, and it always ends up hurting a lot. You have my sympathy.

I don't know how you can manage sleeping on your back. Most of the time I just can't fall asleep at all on my back, and it always ends up hurting a lot. You have my sympathy.
Normally when I'm healthy I start off in bed on my side, then flip to the other side, then end up sorta halfway on my back with a leg up.

I am so restricted on positions right now it's making me insane.

• Hugs
Reactions: Always_Tim
Obviously since I've been restricted mostly to bedrest, I've watched a lot of TV and movies in the last 8 days. When I managed to turn off my marathons of Kardashian nonsense, HGTV shows or Food Network, these are some of the movies I've watched:

Hector and the Search for Happiness
Man Up
(Simon Pegg spree ^^, both were worth watching, entertaining)
Aloha
Burnt
(Bradley Cooper spree^^, both were terrible, Aloha was absolutely an embarrassment of a film with so many A-list actors in it)
Sisters - meh?
The Intern - I love Anne Hathaway and Rober DeNiro, it was an endearing story

There may be others I can't recall at the moment. Feel free to reply with any thoughts on these titles. :)

Day 13!

PS I got donuts today. Ambah is happy for now. :D

PS I got donuts today. Ambah is happy for now
Dear grocery store bakery:

I do not appreciate that my glazed twist had cinnamon in it. I had no warning, this is not what I thought I was buying.

Still good tho, but just sayin'.

No rational being would not appreciate cinnamon. Tsk tsk. :clown:

Nevertheless, hope you keep getting better and better.:h:

Dear grocery store bakery:

I do not appreciate that my glazed twist had cinnamon in it. I had no warning, this is not what I thought I was buying.

Still good tho, but just sayin'.

Reactions: Autumn_LoL
No rational being would not appreciate cinnamon. Tsk tsk. :clown:

Nevertheless, hope you keep getting better and better.:h:
I... I can't believe you pooped on me. :cry:

Day 15 - Post Op Follow Up Appointment

Stitches are out! I was SO SCARED of getting them removed because my incisions are still so sensitive and sore, but it wasn't too incredibly bad. I watched her every move and it was actually interesting to watch. The last one (the biggest of the incisions and highest up on my hip) hurt the most and throbbed for a few minutes after it was done. I now have little strips of medical tape on each one which will fall off in the next few days.

I told my doc about some tightness/pressure I feel in the very front of my hip when I try to stand or lay straight-legged and he suggested that 2-3 times per day I should lay on my stomach for 5 minutes to stretch that out gently. I was glad that he wasn't alarmed that I'm experiencing this, and will now panic less when I feel it. Same with the painful sensation I have when I go down stairs. He said that will improve once I am able to be more weight-bearing on my left leg. I can add more weight while on crutches as of Feb 25th.

I will keep my CPM machine for a little while longer in case I want to use it to ease stiffness, but I am not required to use it anymore. The stationary bike is my biggest rehab tool at this point, and I should be on it at least once a day for 20-30 minutes.

I can begin walking without crutches as of March 3rd, but may still need them as I build my strength and balance back up. I'm totally nervous about this, but it will be exciting. Once I am able to walk comfortably I will also begin strength training at physical therapy appointments, such as very shallow squats and lunges.

Next week I'm going to start driving myself to my appointments. Technically I could have driven myself already as long as I wasn't on prescription pain meds, but my mobility wasn't really up to par enough for that to be comfortable. Poor Jerbaderbs been slaving over me at home AND being my chauffeur and door opener. :D He's seriously been fantastic and made this process as stress-free and pleasant as possible.

So there's that! I really do hope to be able to work a couple shifts next week. Actually work, not just hop on to chat. Countdowns, boobies shows, nakedness. So long as I can sit upright for more than an hour at a time and don't have the dizzies and barfalony feels anymore, I should be able to. I feel really out of whack having not been able to work and earn my living. People have been super cool with some offline tips for this and that, but getting back (slowly) to my routine will make me feel normal again. So make sure to keep an eye on my Twitter for a schedule announcement next week and join me!

Day 19!

So last time I wrote this:
I really do hope to be able to work a couple shifts next week. Actually work, not just hop on to chat. Countdowns, boobies shows, nakedness. So long as I can sit upright for more than an hour at a time and don't have the dizzies and barfalony feels anymore, I should be able to. I feel really out of whack having not been able to work and earn my living.
and today I gave it a shot, hoping to stay on 2 hours at least. I had finished my topless countdown in hour 1 and was moving on to lotion show countdown when I realized that OH SHIT sitting at such a 90 degree angle really hurt. It's pretty apparent that I am not 100% ready to do full'ish cam shifts just yet. Maybe it was made worse by the near fall I had over the weekend, or maybe it's still just not healed enough to be able to handle the harsh seated angle.

I am happy I tried at least. And I know I'll need to hustle a little harder to make my next hour-long shift on cam as worthwhile as possible.

I am currently in my CPM and it really is helping to soothe my joint right now. I'm keeping the CPM beyond the days allowed by my insurance because it is nice to know I have it for days like this where the bike is too much stress on it but still need some motion.

My incisions look to be healing pretty nicely. I started putting vitamin E oil on them today and they already look healthier.

Sleeping has been difficult since Sunday, probably due to being sore from the near fall. (I lost my balance going up the 2 steps from my garage into my house, instinct did me wrong and I put my left foot up and nearly all my weight on it with no crutches for a good few seconds. Fucking scary.)

My appetite and eating habits are almost normal now that I've been off all prescription meds (diclofenac and asprin) since Saturday. I'm not sure if the scale is completely accurate due to my inability to balance 50/50 on both legs, but it says I am down nearly 7 lbs since surgery from all of that. (Well, in addition to my small healthier meals and lack of alcohol.) That's sort of the silver lining of all of this I suppose. I will actually try to maintain it somewhat once I recover, though I am looking forward to having some wine/a drink when my self-imposed 60 days of no alcohol is up the weekend right after my birthday. :)

Over this weekend I drove for the first time, which was fine except for engaging the parking brake that is normally operated by left foot. I won't be parking on any hills while I'm driving myself in the near future. We also went to a restaurant to eat which was my first outing other than grocery store and PT trips since surgery.

Been passing the time with video games since I'm mostly laying in bed all the time to keep my body at comfortable angles. Rocket League with Jawbs when he isn't working, and Crashlands on my own. I highly recommend both of these.

That's all I got for now. It's hard to type at this angle, my leg keeps moving my laptop. :)

IMG_9583.JPG

PS I love these pants.

It's the last weekend of this month and due to some silly stomach issues and other setbacks, I was not able to get on cam as much as I wanted before the 29th. I'm running a little fan sign promotion to reward anyone who helps complete a small token goal I aimed to hit this month. Every bit is appreciated!

tip.ambercutie.com
fan sign sale.JPG

I plan to be back on cam on March 1 probably in the early evening for some sexy flirty boobies fun. Thank you to everyone who helped me make it through February!!!

My incisions are looking a lot better after a few applications of vitamin E oil! I've referred to them as my "bugs on water" marks (I couldn't remember before, but they're "water striders".)

Like dis:
Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 10.51.23 AM.png

Putting the pic of my scars in a spoiler in case anyone is sensitive to it, but it's not very gruesome at all:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Also, I feel like my progress sort of... well, regressed. Wednesday was my first "walk with a bit more weight on it" day, which left me in pain for 2 days, then I missed PT on friday due to either a short bout of food poisoning or a stomach bug, then I had a mishap with a bird in my house wherein I abruptly assumed a squat position and put some strain on my hip.

I has the hurts this weekend.

Back to PT tomorrow so hopefully they'll have some advice and help for me to get back on track and relieve some discomfort.

"bugs on water"
I still think you should go with the shark attack story. People literally jizz in their pants if you mention shark week on discovery channel (oops, I just did it myself). Invent a 3 toothed 'triangle shark' and craft an engrossing story of the attack along with how you fought it off then killed and ate it. Start using the word "shark" rather than ban..
"Don't make me shark you" she cooed as her fingers danced upon the keyboard.
Or you could go with the anal probe thing involving aliens and how they wanted to extract bone marrow DNA to build a super-race of big boobed camgirls. That does sound engrossing now that I've mentioned it....

Speaking of which, thanks for the big boob pic in this thread. Those really jumped out at me. If I was a horny guy, I'd certainly find you attractive. Oh who am I kidding? I am a horny guy.

It's March 1st and I see it's your anniversary here, so congrats on that. Hope the bastards running this forum give you cake or something. Don't expect any money... I've given up getting rich posting stupid comments here. Maybe I need to get a boob job.

It's March 1st and I see it's your anniversary here, so congrats on that. Hope the bastards running this forum give you cake or something.
Holy pewp I forgot about that in the midst of all this recovery nonsense. Can't believe we birthed this thing 6 whole years ago.

Maybe I'll have some pudding or something to celebrate. Chocolate fudge or vanilla... hmm.

Day 27 "messy as fuck" hair on the bike vid blog. :D

Before my surgery, we came across videos from another girl who kept tabs by video blogging during her hip arthroscopy recovery. Today I came across her detailed written blog. Reading over her first few weeks felt so familiar.

http://hubpages.com/health/Arthroscopic-Hip-Surgery

The way things are going right now, my ups and downs go like this.

2 great days
1 super painful day from pushing myself too hard on the previous days
1 somewhat better but sorta painful day
2 great days

rinse and repeat.

So I'm still on the transition from super painful day to somewhat better day, at this moment. Which kinda stinks because I just wanted to be worry free and relaxed today for my birthday. I had hoped that my morning PT session would help a little, but it made me feel a little worse for a few reasons. Mentally, mostly. I was really optimistic about them helping me with my walking, but it looks like I'll have to take it slower than we originally thought since I am so lopsided. The lopsided thing is really freaking me out.

I read other blogs before this all started, so I know it's normal to have days where you just feel sort of hopeless, but just gotta look toward the future and know it'll all get better.

So crazy you went through all of this. I didn't realize lady! Thank you for sharing, and I'm sending you healing thoughts and vibes so that you can get back to a more regular lifestyle and movement! xoxoxo

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
As some of you may know, I've been dealing with a hip problem/injury for some time now. MRI shows I've been dealing with femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) in both my right and left hips for a long while, and back in June of 2015 I ended up with a labral tear in my left as a result of too much stress on it from a show I did on MFC, then injuring it with bad bowling form. (Go ahead and laugh. Injured while bowling? HA! Only Amber could do that.)

I've been through 2 rounds of physical therapy to try and sort it out, but will be finally going through arthroscopic surgery on my left hip this week. The impingement will be rectified and the torn labral cartilage will be reattached.

I'm both relieved that I will finally be on the path to less pain, but also quite tense and anxious about the surgery and months of recovery that will follow. I'm not the toughest cookie in the jar when it comes to dealing with pain and such. I'll be using a machine at home for 6+ hours a day to help it heal correctly, be on crutches for at least a month after, and doing loads of PT for upwards of 4 months.

Thus, I will not be around on cam a whole lot over the next couple weeks during the initial recovery. And when I am able to get on cam, I'll be pretty immobile and limited on what I can do. For a cam girl, not being able to be on her normal hustle and able to hit normal goals can be pretty unsettling. Over the last 6+ years I've not really taken more than a few extra days off here and there, so I'm wiggin' out just a tad. I feel like any casual regulars whom I have gathered in AmberLand over the last few months will easily forget I exist and find other girls with a similar mojo to spend their time with.

And while I know my most dedicated of regulars will be in contact with me on Twitter and other media, I won't be living up to my usual amount of entertainment and time shared than they are used to. I imagine those bits of time I am able to get on cam and hang out they may feel pressured to help hit goals that day since I won't be able to hustle for masturbation countdowns and such from the casuals. I don't want that pressure to be on them though of course I will appreciate any and all support during this odd time. I'm going to do my best to have content sales and games for newcomers to help make the time on cam as productive as possible, so hopefully all will work out swell and the AmberLanders don't get too annoyed at my attempted sales tactics. :)

Oh the worries and plannings of a cam girl...

Anywho, I do have a couple of videos I'll be pushing pretty hard throughout February. They will be available after the month ends at full price, but anyone who gets them during Feb can have special bundle pricing. (Image and link below! /shameless promotion)

I'll be on cam this evening (Monday) for one last cam shift before I take my short hiatus. It'll be my last cum show and last butt wiggles for a while, so drop in and enjoy it if you're around.

Jawbs will be keeping an eye on admin/moderation stuff here over the next week or so, but ACF approvals this Friday will be delayed until the next batch the following week. You may see me around here or Twitter intermittently during the next couple weeks and I'm looking forward to chatting offline (off MFC, I mean) with many of you. Your jokes and kindness will go a long way to keeping a positive Amber!

So I'll leave you with this link and info, and say "Thanks in advance for the support and happy vibes and see ya in a bit!" :)

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/AmberCutie

View attachment 60345

I've had a full hip replacement on my left side it's painfull to go through hip surgery glad your okay now tho

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Day 50 / 7 weeks post surgery

PT since the last video was focused on straightening me out while walking. There was some pulling on my right leg, some pushy/pully/bendy/twisty stuff to get my pelvis straight, and just flat-out trying to walk straight. It hurts. It just doesn't feel like my hip WANTS to straighten. But the PT folks were still encouraging.

Last Friday I was feeling pretty healthy so I spent about 45 minutes outside doing some weeding and pruning (no squatting or kneeling, but standing whilst bent at the hips). Then over the course of the weekend, we went to a couple of stores (as well as the movie theater to finally see Deadpool) without any crutches. At each store, I had immense trouble walking, moreso than I had experienced previously, and any slight pivot hurt really bad.

I told PT about this on Monday. They were a little concerned. I emailed my surgeon. He told me that I'm experiencing more symptoms at this point in recovery than I should be, to stop PT, rest, take OTC anti-inflammatories and see him ASAP. Limit my bike riding to 10 minutes at a time, and use at least 1 crutch, or 2 if 1 is painful. Since there's a holiday, I can't get in to see him until Tuesday, so in the mean time I'm just taking it easy on the sofa. And stressing out, lol.

I'm happy that I'm seeing him a week earlier than planned for my 2 month appointment because this uneven walking thing has been worrisome, and I need some peace of mind about how things have been progressing. As much as I trust my PT people, they can be really cheerleaderish and I sort of want to check in with the actual doctor with my progress.

I'll update after Tuesday's appointment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.