AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Holding a member in (PM) private message chat?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
Wanted some model opinions on the thinking behind this, especially when there are others demanding your attention?

For an experience model, one you have known for years, being tipped in particular. Is it just about maintaining the relationship or has my model friend got other things in mind? Not to share too much about individual habits, but my instinct was not giving me a clear answer this last time.

So my question is really quite a general one. If you do hold a member in PM, what is your main motivation for it?

What do you mean by holding?
Good question... Nothing sinister or weird. In this sense I mean chasing or holding member attention, when the member can or has moved on, especially after being busy with other member's attention.

do you mean PMing you instead of talking in the room? or sending you pm's when you're not in the room. In either case you probably already know the answer

do you mean PMing you instead of talking in the room? or sending you pm's when you're not in the room. In either case you probably already know the answer
I mean when not interacting in the room.... sometimes it is obvious, but not always. I really just wanted a feel for what is typical in such cases.

In my own personal experience it's usually because of boredom/not really wanting to work that day, but trying to distract myself while being on to at least be able to say I worked.

Depending on previous discussions with the model, she could be wanting to check in with you. If I know a member has been having a rough time for instance I may shoot them a message making sure everything is ok. That's pretty much it though.

Interesting question. I used to send PM's to my friend's list when I'd log on to MFC, during the first couple of months camming, simply because I appreciated their interaction and wanted to stay in touch. Then I got to thinking that my sending a quick hello, only when I logged on (since I don't log on unless I'm about to broadcast) might come across as pushy, or my having ulterior motives and I didn't want anyone to feel that pressure from me. I mean, yes, this is my job and I hope to make money when I log on, but I enjoy the friendships I develop there, and now I don't generally PM unless they message me first, except as Ann_Sulu put it, I know someone is having a rough time or *other random circumstance* and I want to reach out to check in. I also find that once I am broadcasting, I'm too busy entertaining my room to spend too much time in PM's. I don't enjoy 'putting the room on hold' for random conversation in PM, so I keep it for sending video links or answering quick questions about privates etc. :) Not sure if that offered any insight to your question, but it got me thinking so there's my 2 cents :p

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Depends... I mostly chat in PM with those who dedicate a lot of tokens and attention to me. I don't mean it in a golddigging way, but to me: more tokens spent on me = the more they care about me and want me to do well. So naturally, I'm way more open to PM chatting with them for no reason other than to socialize and develop friendships with them.
Generally:
70% just being social with my dedicated regulars (aka friends ^.^)
20% trying to sell a show on a slow night
10% semi-replying to freeloaders on my friendlist

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
I charge 15 tokens to chat on PM but some members REALLY like to chat and obviously giving most of my attention to the public room is what I aim to do. I've only been camming for a month, so this is something that I am still trying to find balance on.

Status
Not open for further replies.