AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Homebrewing!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
We decided since we enjoy beer so much that we should try to brew our own! After reading some blogs and forums and watching some beginner videos, I went on Amazon and bought a whole slew of things needed to start:
Brew kit with bucket, carboy, airlock, siphon, hydrometer, bottle capper, cleaner, etc. (hydrometer was cracked, siphon wasn't auto starting, doh. I just ordered an auto one so we'll have it for bottling day.)

better Hydrometer than what came in the kit

6.5 gallon Stainless brew kettle pot thingo

StarSan sanitizer

Thermometer

Bottles and Bottle capper (the one included in the set had bad reviews)

Carboy handles

Wort chiller

Giant spoon lulz it's huge

Whirlfloc tablets (which ended up not being in the instructions in the brew box)

And of course an all inclusive box of brew ingredients.

We spread out the process over the whole weekend. A run to the store to get some last minute containers and a pitcher, then the initial cleaning done with fragrance-free dishsoap, then a boil with the kettle, spoon and wort chiller on Saturday:

IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG

Then on Sunday we started the "Brew Day" process around 11am.

Sanitize EVERYTHING:

IMG_2496.JPG IMG_2497.JPG

Get the pot going with 4 gallons of water, up to 170 degrees to soak the malt grains:

IMG_2495.JPG

Then up to a full rolling boil to add the liquid and dry malt extracts (all the malt smelled like soggy cornflakes to me):

IMG_2498.JPG

Then incrementally we added the hops and spice pack over the next 55 minutes of boiling

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

In the last 10 minutes of the boil we dropped in the wort chiller (with no cold water running through it yet) to get it boiled and sanitized. Then shut off the heat and pumped in the cold water through the copper coils to bring the wort down to room temperature (about 70 F). It was weird having garden hoses running through the inside of the house. :D

IMG_2504.JPG

The next part of the process was not photo-documented as it was sort of a pain in the ass. We couldn't get our siphon running since I failed life and forgot to order an auto-starting one. So we had to use a tiny pitcher, a strainer and a funnel to get the wort into the carboy.

Once in the goliath of a glass bottle, we added a gallon of water then poured some into a graduated cylinder to take the gravity reading. OG was right on point at 1.042!

Added a packet of yeast, popped on the plug and airlock, and sent it to its home for the next 2 weeks: under our dining table! :D The temperature should be good in there between 68-70 degrees F and no direct sunlight.

IMG_2507.JPG IMG_2505.JPG

The whole process took until about 3pm. Now we wait. The airlock is bubbling just like it's supposed to.

Oh, and this is the brew we bought, perfect for summertime:

IMG_2499.JPG

I'll update here when bottling day comes!

Feel free to share your notes and experiences in this blog thread if you like! I'm really hoping this turns out good and would like to make this a continuing hobby.

Yesterday was bottling day! Shockingly, everything went extremely smooth and there are no broken bottles. Other than some pruny fingers from being wet with sanitizer, and a small puddle of beer spillage on the floor during siphoning, all was perfect. Woot!

Lookin good after sitting under the dining table for 2 weeks

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Sanitizing everything

IMG_2542.JPG

Take a sample and measure final gravity to calculate ABV (and taste!)

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2547.JPG

Make sugar water stuff

IMG_2540.JPG

Put the sugar water stuff and siphon the beer into this

IMG_2541.JPG

Get it into bottles! First six pack

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

total 38 bottles

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

pruny digits

IMG_2548.JPG

Now again we wait for 2 weeks with the bottles returned to their spot under the dining table. The area is kept at around 67 degrees which I've been told is perfect for this light beer. We'll place them in the fridge for a few hours after the 2 weeks is up and give them a taste! They should be carbonated and delicious by then.

Is this supposed to be orange?

Maybe pale gold? Straw probably more accurate (and come to think of it the box said Straw not Sand). I don't see orange.
beer-colors.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Reactions: VanessaSantos
Is this supposed to be orange?
So I suppose yes, if this is "orange" to you, it is supposed to be this color according to that chart above. (keeping in mind it is not as clear as the chart, this ones a bit hazy.)

Amber are you gonna give it a fun name?! It looks delicious :cat: and all the many parts remind me of a science project but for grownups (and it will taste better than my baking soda vinegar volcano hahah)

Last Saturday, we brewed a new batch of wort which will be Imperial Blonde Ale in about 2 weeks! So far this looks a little darker, was much more fragrant during the boil process, and will have a higher ABV once all is said and done. This time it'll go into a keg instead of bottles, woo! That means we don't have to wait an additional 2 weeks for carbonation after the ferment is done. This is good.

While we brewed we officially enjoyed a bottle of our first brew. It's delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.