AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Houston Area Model accused of scamming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only article I can get Google to turn up is that WABC one in the OP. Which is kind of odd, considering how the press usually loves to highlight this stuff.

In any case, raffles were part of the scam.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
When a model gets a whale tipper who spends tens of thousands each month, the natural assumption is that the individual is very wealthy. Reading between the lines, I would guess these men were not multi-millionaires who could actually afford to tip that much but rather guys who may cashed in their 401k or did something similar and this is going to have a profound effect on their financial futures.

If someone is worth several million dollars and earning more each and every day, 250k is a good chunk of change but hardly worth crying about at this point. But if that 250k represents their entire net worth, then it is both life changing and tragic.

How is the model supposed to know the difference? Part of the “fantasy” for these kinds of guys is not only the attention from the model but also to appear highly successful and powerful to both the model and other members.

I say this because we are only hearing one side of the story. For all we know, one of the guys may have told the model he was a decorated Navy Seal who had won the Powerball. She did divorce her husband because she refused to quit camming, so maybe she was the one who “bailed out” after learning the truth.

PS Playing devil’s advocate.

Well I can see there won't be peace in the Middle East until I throw my two pennies on the table, so here goes...

The guys that put that kind of money out there for this girl were trying to run a little scam of their own -- win the pretty girl over with gifts. It is part of the fun of tipping, and the fact they got sucked in a little too far is not her fault. And I don't really think these guys were necessarily stupid, although their actions certainly were; I think they just had a weakness for the ladies. I sympathize with them. If I had that kind of money, I would most likely be in the same boat.

That being said, she probably could have separated these men from their estates without the bullshit shenanigans. The rigged raffles and the shillt to the hilt high tip contests are disgusting. If the facts of the story are correct, then karma demands that she spends the rest of her days traveling as a carnival worker, because that's where these con games belong.

One guy drops 100k on her? Another almost a quarter mill? Punk had the only correct response to this
PunkInDrublic said:
iknoxlw.gif

ItsBillyBitch said:
When a model gets a whale tipper who spends tens of thousands each month, the natural assumption is that the individual is very wealthy. Reading between the lines, I would guess these men were not multi-millionaires who could actually afford to tip that much but rather guys who may cashed in their 401k or did something similar and this is going to have a profound effect on their financial futures.

If someone is worth several million dollars and earning more each and every day, 250k is a good chunk of change but hardly worth crying about at this point. But if that 250k represents their entire net worth, then it is both life changing and tragic.

How is the model supposed to know the difference? Part of the “fantasy” for these kinds of guys is not only the attention from the model but also to appear highly successful and powerful to both the model and other members.

I say this because we are only hearing one side of the story. For all we know, one of the guys may have told the model he was a decorated Navy Seal who had won the Powerball. She did divorce her husband because she refused to quit camming, so maybe she was the one who “bailed out” after learning the truth.

PS Playing devil’s advocate.
I didn't get the impression that these guys were hard up for money. They're more embarrassed at having spent so much so quickly on a cam site rather than "crying" or vengeful, which would be the expected reaction if they'd gone into a hole over this. If you think wealthy people don't care about being made fools of, you haven't met a whole lot of them. Most of them take anything to do with money very seriously. Even those who spend lavishly like to believe they're getting a good bang for their buck. Either way, we don't have enough information to make that kind of judgment.

PS: I used to work in a store with a 1% rich clientele.

Well those guys are still on MFC hanging in a different room. They must have learned their lesson though because that model isn't doing nearly as well as she did...

Reactions: LexieBlair
ashtyn_rain said:
Well those guys are still on MFC hanging in a different room. They must have learned their lesson though because that model isn't doing nearly as well as she did...

You stated earlier that it was a particular model, and this statement proves that you obviously believe you know it's her... but where are you getting your information? In the articles I read, they specified that they weren't going to name the model... So, why are you under the impression that it's one instead of another?

I'm not saying I think you're right or wrong. I'm just saying that there seems to be no way to tell. So unless you have some form of proof, I'd hate to see the wrong person get falsely accused or attacked.

It's definitely her. When all the shit hit the fan initially a lot of it was spewed out on twitter....

ItsBillyBitch said:
She did divorce her husband because she refused to quit camming, so maybe she was the one who “bailed out” after learning the truth.
Is this in the imaginary article others have mentioned? The one I read says he asked her to stop the scam or maybe camming and when she refused is when he wanted the divorce. He was still involved in the scam tho so it could be total bullshit I guess. If she was innocent in all this I would think that she would come forward and say it was the husband. Not sure why the husband would want a divorce if he was cool with the scam or camming. Either way, both are lowlifes. Props to the husband for eventually being a decent person if the real article is to be believed.

TheBadGF has had 3 of the highest 50 tips all-time on MFC... all from an anonymous user. :twocents-02cents:

Edit: Judging by her topics, 2 were during Miss MFC runs and 1 during a date raffle.

pHszgly.jpg

R9FLViT.jpg

wgCw0Xc.jpg

I think it is VERY rude to put that girl's username on this forum! Do you know her personally? Did she tell you what happened? Also anonymous tips are anonymous and therefore no one knows who tipped her those amounts or why.

The point I was trying to make (rather poorly, I must admit) is that there are two sides to the story and we have only heard one side. Specifically, we don’t know what these members told the model about themselves and if they were completely honest.

This wasn’t some slick “financial advisor” conning an elderly couple out of their life savings in a ponzi scheme. She was selling a fantasy and these guys were more than willing to pay for it.

The date raffle or high tip contest or whatever and the husband masquerading as a member in her room are just something to grab onto when the money runs out and the fantasy comes to an end.

The other point I was trying to make (again, poorly) was exactly how should the model have treated members like these two? She assumes these guys are very wealthy and can afford to tip lavishly for her services, so she indulges them. If she knew these guys were draining their assets to live out this fantasy, would she handled the situation differently?

Again, we know very little about what actually happened to make any valid judgments. All we know is that two members tipped this model a lot of money and regret it and want to portray themselves as victims.

PS Servin seems to have keen insight into the mindset of the very wealthy so while I would normally defer to him, I still believe these guys spent way more than they could afford and that’s why they are crying fraud.

There are probably thousands of members who have tipped models more than they can afford, in some cases much more. It's a rare hour in L10k when someone doesn't mention having done so. Whether it's raffle tickets, privates or tips doesn't really matter. What's different here is that a model conspired with a third party to offer something that never wasn't ever going to happen, and that became public knowledge.

No one had a gun to her head forcing her to sell tickets for a date raffle. She got greedy and brought this all on herself, and probably cost a lot of other models a lot of money in the process.

I will reluctantly agree with you Servin.

I just wonder if the regret doesn’t go both ways. If we are to believe the article (and that’s a big if), this model lost her marriage because of camming and that kind of loss can not be measured in dollars.

I’m a person who never sees these kind of things as black and white, there is always plenty of blame to go around. At the end of day, it’s about personal responsibility and I believe no one in this situation showed any personal responsibility.

In other words, they all deserved each other.

ashtyn_rain said:
They are divorced now. Whether or not this had anything to do with it only they know...

How do you know so many of these secret details??

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    679 KB · Views: 219
Sevrin said:
There are probably thousands of members who have tipped models more than they can afford, in some cases much more. It's a rare hour in L10k when someone doesn't mention having done so. Whether it's raffle tickets, privates or tips doesn't really matter. What's different here is that a model conspired with a third party to offer something that never wasn't ever going to happen, and that became public knowledge.

No one had a gun to her head forcing her to sell tickets for a date raffle. She got greedy and brought this all on herself, and probably cost a lot of other models a lot of money in the process.

wait, meant to quote, not thank.
How did she cost other models money in the process??

Reactions: SexySteph
caireen said:
Sevrin said:

Not going to speak for him, but what I took from it is that bad publicity about cam girls in the media could hurt our bottom line in the long run. I imagine that "mainstream" folks who weren't already spending on cam girls are now that much less likely to spend any money on them after reading about this, as well as current camsite members being a little more leery of participating in high tip and raffle contests for big ticket items, such as dates.

AmberCutie said:
caireen said:
Sevrin said:

Not going to speak for him, but what I took from it is that bad publicity about cam girls in the media could hurt our bottom line in the long run. I imagine that "mainstream" folks who weren't already spending on cam girls are now that much less likely to spend any money on them after reading about this, as well as current camsite members being a little more leery of participating in high tip and raffle contests for big ticket items, such as dates.

Yeah, basically that. This is the kind of thing people will point to for fucking ages whenever a model will want to raffle off a date, or anything else of non-trivial value. Actually, people will point to this just for the hell of it, and then recount or make up their own stories about how some model scammed them. Having a police department involved raises this above the usual level of "believe me if you feel like it" stuff we already hear about constantly.

@Caireen: Got your thank. Neener neener.

caireen said:
ashtyn_rain said:
They are divorced now. Whether or not this had anything to do with it only they know...

They have all been discussed many times in the lounge, in the rooms where those tippers ended up, and amongst models who knew her.

ashtyn_rain said:
caireen said:
ashtyn_rain said:

They have all been discussed many times in the lounge, in the rooms where those tippers ended up, and amongst models who knew her.

I can't help but notice that you thrive on drama! May I recommend some gawdamn telenovelas mkay? This ain't a book, nor a script, it's people's real lives. You have no facts, but one sided suppositions.

Mind your own cam persona, build your fame or whatever, but just fucking stop being that noisy neighbor that "knows" everything.

JordanBlack said:
ashtyn_rain said:
caireen said:
ashtyn_rain said:

I can't help but notice that you thrive on drama! May I recommend some gawdamn telenovelas mkay? This ain't a book, nor a script, it's people's real lives. You have no facts, but one sided suppositions.

Mind your own cam persona, build your fame or whatever, but just fucking stop being that noisy neighbor that "knows" everything.
To be fair, the divorce was mentioned in the article linked in the OP.

Sevrin said:
JordanBlack said:
ashtyn_rain said:
caireen said:
ashtyn_rain said:

To be fair, the divorce was mentioned in the article linked in the OP.

Oh, I have certainly read the article and I don't doubt the veracity of the fact they are divorced.

BUT SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING... it's rather obnoxious.

Even the facts that are not public record in the article are one sided, the other side has never commented on it, the charges are up in the air as well, the only one risking his job, is the husband just because the police can't stand another embarrassing scandal. It's rather easy to side with the victim in this case, it was a shill bidding that went wrong.

But I can't help but notice that the one being the victim is a rational grown up human that decided to gamble his bank account on a fantasy taken place on a camsite. If it was a poker player or any kind of gambler we'd be calling him a degenerate gambler and accuse him, the victim for falling pray to his addiction, but because sex (cybersex really) was involved everybody's so concerned about his poor ol' soul.

Was she wrong (who ever she is) and scammy to use shill bidding, fuck yes, embarrassing for the whole camgirl community actually, but I certainly am with Punk on this, that sort of money, on more than one occasion, wtf no one put a gun on his head to type his CC number to bid on that HT date, or that raffle.

To be fair, the divorce was mentioned in the article linked in the OP.[/quote]

Oh, I have certainly read the article and I don't doubt the veracity of the fact they are divorced.

BUT SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING... it's rather obnoxious.

Even the facts that are not public record in the article are one sided, the other side has never commented on it, the charges are up in the air as well, the only one risking his job, is the husband just because the police can't stand another embarrassing scandal. It's rather easy to side with the victim in this case, it was a shill bidding that went wrong.

But I can't help but notice that the one being the victim is a rational grown up human that decided to gamble his bank account on a fantasy taken place on a camsite. If it was a poker player or any kind of gambler we'd be calling him a degenerate gambler and accuse him, the victim for falling pray to his addiction, but because sex (cybersex really) was involved everybody's so concerned about his poor ol' soul.

Was she wrong (who ever she is) and scammy to use shill bidding, fuck yes, embarrassing for the whole camgirl community actually, but I certainly am with Punk on this, that sort of money, on more than one occasion, wtf no one put a gun on his head to type his CC number to bid on that HT date, or that raffle.[/quote]

And yet you keep paying attention and posting to this thread...you must love drama as well. I am supplying FACTS. I didn't blame her or the guys. Just filling in missing pieces.

AmberCutie said:
caireen said:
Sevrin said:

Yup.
I hear a lot of complaints from models that society ostracizes them and looks down at them for being involved in the sex industry. More often not they seem to think that society frowns on them only because they are getting naked and having sex in public. Now obviously that is true. However, what is also true that sex workers get a bad rap in no small part because of all of the illegal, immoral, and just plain sleazy behavior associated with them. I use to think it was primarily men that were doing that bad shit, but after learning about camgirls, it appears that plenty of woman are equally sleazy. This story is yet another example of this behavior.

I have had suspicious about two date raffles I've spent pretty heavily on the past in one case, I was wrong on one case in the other I don't know. So absolutely hearing about this type of outrageous behavior makes me less inclined to spend heavily on these big ticket events.

Now admittedly we have only heard one side of the story. But from what I can tell with bit of searching, that it was very likely BadGirlfriend (living up to her name) ran this fraud. If she isn't already a forum member, I'm sure Amber would happy to approve her, and she is free to give us her side of the story.

Frankly, I am disappointed by the number of comments saying in effect "well this shit happens the guys were dumb and should have know better" I am curious why people say this? If I spent tens of thousand on auction or a state lottery, and the some insider was involved in the same fashion would anybody say that's to be expected?

If camgirls really want to change societies perception of them, than this type of self policing is a good starting point. Sleaze shaming is just fine in this case.

ashtyn_rain said:
And yet you keep paying attention and posting to this thread...you must love drama as well. I am supplying FACTS. I didn't blame her or the guys. Just filling in missing pieces.

Reading a topic about a news article that might affect my place of employment it's quite different than making assumptions about what exactly happened and presenting them as facts that you seem to be the only one privy to.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Frankly, I am disappointed by the number of comments saying in effect "well this shit happens the guys were dumb and should have know better" I am curious why people say this? If I spent tens of thousand on auction or a state lottery, and the some insider was involved in the same fashion would anybody say that's to be expected?

If camgirls really want to change societies perception of them, than this type of self policing is a good starting point. Sleaze shaming is just fine in this case.

The discussion about personal accountability of a member has been over-debated, whether is paying for videos from a model that he has never met, whether paying for a Skype deal because it's too cheap to pass over the opportunity, or over-tipping more than said member can afford to win over his favorite camgirl, or falling for the most despicable scam on camsites that of being lead on with the idea of meeting and love.

I'm not saying that I'm happy that those members were scammed or that they deserved it, I'm just pointing out that camsites are a fantasy world, were bad people can be found as in any other RL industry, so some due diligence should probably be taken, especially when it involves someone's life savings/ bank account.

JordanBlack said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

The discussion about personal accountability of a member has been over-debated, whether is paying for videos from a model that he has never met, whether paying for a Skype deal because it's too cheap to pass over the opportunity, or over-tipping more than said member can afford to win over his favorite camgirl, or falling for the most despicable scam on camsites that of being lead on with the idea of meeting and love.

I'm not saying that I'm happy that those members were scammed or that they deserved it, I'm just pointing out that camsites are a fantasy world, were bad people can be found as in any other RL industry, so some due diligence should probably be taken, especially when it involves someone's life savings/ bank account.

It may not have been a life saving, if you are worth 10 Million, a 100K is the equivalent to losing $500 for average American, I suspect it is partly about money and partly about principal.

How would you suggest that member perform due diligence in this situation? Generally any type of attempt to find out real information about a model is frowned upon. I'd like to call the Catfish dudes but I suspect they don't work with camgirls. Yes bad people exist in any industry, but there is both formal and informal peer policing, in the old days it was the Better Business Bureau, now days its Yelp, Angie's List etc. This forum is about as close to Yelp as we have for camgirls, while Twitter is pretty effective for models identifying bad/scammer members.

Status
Not open for further replies.