AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Houston Area Model accused of scamming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent a lot of time in her room and Cheetobandito hardly ever won any raffles.As far as the 477k tip that was a group tip.Not sure who all were involved but there were 2 guys that kicked in the most and 1 was Cheeto.If she was scamming she was very,very good,she duped a lot of people into tipping lots of tokens.Her room was still a lot of fun and she's hot as hell.

HiGirlsRHot said:
JordanBlack said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Frankly, I am disappointed by the number of comments saying in effect "well this shit happens the guys were dumb and should have know better" I am curious why people say this? If I spent tens of thousand on auction or a state lottery, and the some insider was involved in the same fashion would anybody say that's to be expected?

If camgirls really want to change societies perception of them, than this type of self policing is a good starting point. Sleaze shaming is just fine in this case.

The discussion about personal accountability of a member has been over-debated, whether is paying for videos from a model that he has never met, whether paying for a Skype deal because it's too cheap to pass over the opportunity, or over-tipping more than said member can afford to win over his favorite camgirl, or falling for the most despicable scam on camsites that of being lead on with the idea of meeting and love.

I'm not saying that I'm happy that those members were scammed or that they deserved it, I'm just pointing out that camsites are a fantasy world, were bad people can be found as in any other RL industry, so some due diligence should probably be taken, especially when it involves someone's life savings/ bank account.

How would you suggest that member perform due diligence in this situation?

Gently and with care...I would've added more, but then I'm quite sure I would've given a faps-for step by step JOI for free. ;)

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
I assume all date raffles are rigged

I've been told by more than one model in the past that they've rigged a date raffle to choose a winner who is a member they already know and like

The idea of meeting a random dude off the internet one on one I find strange and unnecessarily dangerous anywho.

MFCGod said:

I've been told by more than one model in the past that they've rigged a date raffle to choose a winner who is a member they already know and like

The idea of meeting a random dude off the internet one on one I find strange and unnecessarily dangerous anywho.

Well if that is true, or even if the perception that is widely true become common, that is pretty bad for camgirls.

If figure all guys think with their small brain (dick) some of them, and some of the guys think with their small brain all of the time, but not all of the guys think with their small brain all the time.

MFCGod said:

As JickJuly mentioned previousily in the thread, I would assume that "double date raffles" are far less likely to be rigged. It would be far less likely someone would pull a scam similar to this Houstan model did at least.

Is it really that much more dangerous then meeting someone you met through other means online such as a forum, video game, or dating site? Especially when doing a double date with another model.

ACFFAN69 said:
Is it really that much more dangerous then meeting someone you met through other means online, such as a forum, video game, or dating site? Especially when doing a double date with another model.

In those scenarios, you're choosing to meet a specific person - I assume because they have certain qualities that you like.

Also I would hope before meeting them you would at least chat on a video call on skype/facetime to confirm they are who they say they are (at least looks wise) and that you can have a decent/normal conversation with them

With a date raffle you aren't choosing who you meet, so yes I would say it's more dangerous.

MFCGod said:
ACFFAN69 said:
Is it really that much more dangerous then meeting someone you met through other means online, such as a forum, video game, or dating site? Especially when doing a double date with another model.

In those scenarios, you're choosing to meet a specific person - I assume because they have certain qualities that you like.

Also I would hope before meeting them you would at least chat on a video call on skype/facetime to confirm they are who they say they are (at least looks wise) and that you can have a decent/normal conversation with them

With a date raffle you aren't choosing who you meet, so yes I would say it's more dangerous.
In those situations you are meeting someone you *HOPE* have the qualities you like. The person you actually meet may be far different. There's a level of danger in meeting anyone for the first time in person. Especially alone.

The odds that it will be incredibly awkward/boring are significantly higher, but more dangerous? I'm not sold.

ACFFAN69 said:
but more dangerous? I'm not sold.

I suppose it depends how good you are at filtering out the freaks

I would like to think I'm a good judge of character and over a length of time talking to someone I could work out if they're nutty.

If you are meeting someone random you don't get that chance, so it's pot luck.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I'm under the impression that models don't go on these solo dates entirely alone, but rather are shadowed by someone they know IRL.

Sevrin said:
I'm under the impression that models don't go on these solo dates entirely alone, but rather are shadowed by someone they know IRL.

Yep - most models I've seen doing date raffles either are very explicit about it by including that information on the advertisement stating that there will be someone there for security nearby. The ones that don't include that information usually mention it in passing whenever some members start acting oddly about the raffle.

MFCGod said:
I suppose it depends how good you are at filtering out the freaks

I would like to think I'm a good judge of character and over a length of time talking to someone I could work out if they're nutty.

If you are meeting someone random you don't get that chance, so it's pot luck.
That explains it!
My filter is generally set to "freaks only".

Status
Not open for further replies.