AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How a Cam Girl Conspiracy Theory Sparked Masturbation Innovation

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this. Why not just use the infinitely better and more customisable Lovense toys? You can set the levels of vibration and rotation of the head, and the length of time it goes for, they're much more powerful, and respond to actual tips rather than just sound x

Because I already bought the Club Vibe) I wasn't aware of Lovense. Hope to maybe buy a Lovense someday but it's expensive for me to get them to where I live. Also, I don't do insertion in my shows. I do have a We-Vibe 4 but that's only one-to-one control

My software varies the length of the sound that's played on my end. I use different MP3 songs for the 5 different CB tip levels. So I get different intensity for each level because of the music I selected. And the duration of song playback changes depending on the amount of the tip. Sure, it's not all of the features of the Lovense, but it's so much more fun than the regular way the Club Vibe is used on CB. I am a terrible actress. So this helps me be a bit more honest in my reactions too.

I think its cool and interesting to cobble together a browser plugin to make the ohmibod better.

That said, the article feels like it was written by your press agent.
1. It downplays the legitimate criticisms of ohmibod. They aren't conspiracy theories. I'm trying to keep my response brief so I wont rehash them.
2. It pretends this is innovative when lovense has been doing it for a while and on multiple platforms, and you just released it.
3. It downplays what lovense does, saying lovense will get passed by unless it opens itself to being developed for by end users.
4. it plays up what you've accomplished thus far. To me "camgirl innovation" is a bit over the top. Wasn't this released this week?

At the risk of being accused of being a lovense fanboy, they have a trackrecord over the past however many months. What you have is completely new.
If you'd introduced it as a way for ohmibod to gain some legitimacy, and to catch up with lovense, and recognizing its home brew with limited support, then I'd say more power to you.

I'm sorry if you posted to get kudoos and you feel like I"m crapping on your work.
Talk about more about how many testers you have. what browsers work (chrome only)? Does the browser need to be in developer mode thanks to the plugin moderation/gatekeeping?
any plans to have it work on other platforms, ie mfc. Will you provide support? Are you just asking for testers now, and will it be a pay plugin later?

feel free to ignore all of this. I hate it when people crap on newbies posts. I'd like to think I'm not doing that. But sometimes the poster is the last to know :D

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Oh, I appreciate feedback. I'm not looking to promote or sell anything. I'm not connected with the Ohmibod company in any way either. I understand the criticisms of Ohmibod, those were the primary motivations for me to seek a better way to use something I already purchased. In my communications with Lux (the author of the article) I didn't even mention the Lovense. I have no experience with it to make a comparison. I know it exists, and what it can do, but beyond that not much else.

The bit about open development in the article was a snippet from some words my programmer friend said. It wasn't related to Lovense in any way. Here's the full interview question and response:

Ideas for technology to make camming a better experience?

I don't know much about the business-end of how cam sites operate. I'm not much of a consumer of their services either. But I do know hardware and software quite well. IOT will be everywhere in the next 10 years. The makers of web-enabled pleasure sticks should be partnering with the leading providers of cam services to develop a standard open-source, extensible software API. Maybe they are already doing this? I have no idea. It would make sense to be the first guys out there promoting it to become the de facto standard.

With cheap prototyping/rapid development platforms like the Arduino it would be fairly simple to build a software library to support the standards so device manufacturers can focus on designing and manufacturing products and not have to spend time writing custom software to make their devices work on the various sites.

Last edited:
BTW, I posted not so much for kudos, but later after I have been granted model status here I intend to freely share the code with other models. It is really just a beta version of something that someone else could make much better. I don't know how it works. I'm not programmer. But it seems very simple. I don't have time and neither does my programmer friend. So if someone else wants to run with it they can take it and go. For me this software is more about adding honesty and transparency to my room and for my tippers. :) I'm sure there are other models out there that would like to do the same.

Hey, my hat is off for not going with the flow and playing along like most others. Instead, went and did something about the glaring flaw of the Club Vibe.

Still hate those things. Hope they all wind up in the dump. But I think what you did demonstrated integrity, and that is way sexier than faking an ohmibod fall off a bed.

That said, the article feels like it was written by your press agent.
1. It downplays the legitimate criticisms of ohmibod. They aren't conspiracy theories. I'm trying to keep my response brief so I wont rehash them.

Meh, I don't really feel the article was written by her agent, but I agree about point 1. I read the article it linked to as well, written in October I think. Bullshit.

If people are entertained, and people are willing to pay, I got no problems with faking. But saying the whole Club Vibe movement has been a scam that will go down in history is not some wild-eyed conspiracy theory. It's a f*cking fact.

Reactions: Somnia Mia
Hi.. I'm a programmer but newbie here.
Can you help me where i can found your chrome extension code at Chaturbate Forum ?
Thanks

The code is posted in the models-only forum here. If you are a model there is a process you can follow here to get verified and have access to that area.

BTW, I ended up switching to a Lovense Lush. I use it externally like the Club Vibe. The Club Vibe could make me cum but it took a long time and a lot of tokens. The Lush not so many, it's much more enjoyable for me and hopefully for the guys in my room.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Status
Not open for further replies.