AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How can I change my target audience?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2020
Kitty Island
Twitter Username
@SpikeIsAZombie
Chaturbate Username
Cheesecakesx
So my target audience is toxic. It is primarily men who like to gang up on me and have me do things (mostly through manipulation like "I am going to cancel my OF unless you do it" and all the comments agree) of causing me harm and forcing me to do things I clearly state redundantly I do not want to do. This means my audience is men who get off on my authentic pain.

It is making me upset in real life, not wanting to log on, etc. I have not even gone on CB in 3? weeks now because I just know I am going to get upset because my upset is their horny. I know most people have a super positive and uplifting time with it. Not me. :/ I do not know what vibes I put out but when men gang up on you to insert a banana in your vagina even though you tell them 1. it hurts, 2. YOU REALLY DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE 3. The last insertion video had clear pain on your face, and 4. I did explain possibly causing yeast infection , they still insist on things. And that isnt the worst of it. That is just this weeks demands. Last weeks was they wanted me to get so upset I puked again because "it's hot" .

I just want the positive experiences others have, I want a target audience that isnt so intent on seeing women in pain. I never specialized in BDSM . How do I go about that?

95918394_2669773873259060_960199166619811840_n.jpg

95803939_2669774339925680_3804195973089984512_n.jpg

96007749_2669774726592308_5919905083666989056_o.jpg

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Not a model,

You have to be willing to walk away from their money.
As in, set your limits. And be OK if they leave, don't tip, unsubscribe, extra.

If your not sure what to say , you can always say some thing like.
"Sorry I don't do that, but I do offer X, Y, Z."
And if they push,
"I don't do that, please don't ask again or i'll have to ban. How about X, Y, Z."

If your not sure if you can afford that, then you need to figure out your backup plan is.

You could always look for other audiences, explore other options. For instance clip sells, PH, phone sex, extra.
That or create a new account some where else, and start building an audience with your limits.

I hope some models have some good ideas for you.

I do not know what vibes I put out but when men gang up on you to insert a banana in your vagina even though you tell them 1. it hurts, 2. YOU REALLY DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE 3. The last insertion video had clear pain on your face, and 4. I did explain possibly causing yeast infection , they still insist on things. And that isnt the worst of it. That is just this weeks demands. Last weeks was they wanted me to get so upset I puked again because "it's hot" .

1) Is that video still on your cam profile? Remove it asap if it's the case - obviously if you have some practices in your videos users will expect you to do it again.
2)Most of CB users usually found you by tag or by your token private price. Try to change your tags, and raise your private cost (Usualy higher private cost attract less toxic people, don't ask me why, but i experienced it on several sites).
3)Don't debate with users about you're doing or not doing. It's your room and your body. Saying one time that you won't do something should be enough. If someone insist - ban and block for spamming.
4)Don't debate with users at all. Don't show that you are upset as it will just attract more toxic people and trolls.

1) Is that video still on your cam profile? Remove it asap if it's the case - obviously if you have some practices in your videos users will expect you to do it again.
2)Most of CB users usually found you by tag or by your token private price. Try to change your tags, and raise your private cost (Usualy higher private cost attract less toxic people, don't ask me why, but i experienced it on several sites).
3)Don't debate with users about you're doing or not doing. It's your room and your body. Saying one time that you won't do something should be enough. If someone insist - ban and block for spamming.
4)Don't debate with users at all. Don't show that you are upset as it will just attract more toxic people and trolls.
I have yet to make it, but I think 7 of them ganged up on me last night on a post which i removed to make it. A few in private messages demanding more content similar. I used a plain normal object to insert and puked. They just got... encrazed by it D:
Most of this is on onlyfans :eek: Surprisingly I use no BDSM tags or anything. I DID make a cake vide ofor birthday of me rubbing cake all over myself topless. But they want things like me to insert something to hurt, me to puke, etc.. Most of it is onlyfans, chaturbates been too slow for anything of substance there :eek: but they just troll to "Shot tits or vag" there.

Holy fuck, there's something seriously wrong with your boundaries here.

I'm so sorry for you but you won't get out of this industry healthy and wealthy one day.

You set yourself up for some mental trauma instead of setting your limits. YOU HAVE TO SET YOUR LIMITS AND MAKE IT CLEAR FOR YOURSELF AND FOR YOUR AUDIENCE.

Saying "no, sorry, I don't offer that" one time is more than enough.
Getting any further responses that make you feel uncomfortable or, moreover, miserable? IMMEDIATELY BLOCK. BLOCK AND FORGET.

Why bother explaining yourself every time the way you seem to be doing? (From your messages).
One "I know you said insertion hurts, but can you do that?" would get this piece of shit blocked from all my platforms.

Not. everybody. deserves. your. friendly. attitude. and. your. kindness.

I understand that you may have some financial problems and that's why you're putting up with this kind of behavior.
But
1. No one can pay you enough to make up for the loss of mental and physical health.
2. You won't be getting enough money from people who appreciate you and accept you for who you are and what you're ready to offer until you set your limits and block everyone who makes you feel bad or tries to cross your boundaries.

You seem desperate to them and they use you and will use you as long as you allow them to.

Please get some respect for yourself so others can respect you too and those who don't, aren't the ones you should waste your time and energy on.
It's not worth it.

You need to be straight up and say no. You can’t add “haha” to things or beat around the bush-some guys will just take that as a sign to push more. In order to change your audience you need to take out the trash so to speak. Block/mute people who make you uncomfortable. You’re the boss here not them. Make your boundaries clear and simple and if they don’t drop it get rid of them. I would’ve told that guy no means no and stop messaging them. Anyone who pushes my boundaries either gets blocked or ignored. You need to stand up for yourself otherwise the jerks will run rampant either on cam or sites like onlyfans. My block list on my cam site is 600+ members long. I only deal with people who are respectful of me and my boundaries. Also never ever do something you’re uncomfortable with. I would’ve told that guy hell no to hurting myself and puke isn’t allowed. I don’t bother trying to reason with them

Also get rid of content where you’re doing something you don’t like. I would’ve took something with puke down because not only is it not allowed on most sites but will attract dudes with that specific fetish

Last edited:
Oh my gosh this must be really awful for you. You've received some excellent advice in this thread. years back my room had become a very toxic place. In my situation it was due to one member who was about 50% of my income. He was very similar to these dudes, he got off on control and pain.

I remember feeling absolutely terrified to block him because of how much income i would lose. But here's what happened. I finally did block him. And a cloud lifted off me. All the regs came back. Id not noticed them slowly peeling away because I was unhappy and normal good regs dont enjoy seeing you unhappy. New regs arrived. I was finally happy and in control of my boundaries again and that attracts better people.

So i want to just.. help squash any fears you may have about losing income. these dicks are what is holding you back. Drop them, develop clear and firm boundries and enforce them. As you become happier your target audience will change.

Recently I had a PTSD episode which sucked. One thing it did was start making me doubt my decisions, setting boundries became very difficult again. This lasted about 2 months. And sure enough, these types of people crawled out of the woodwork. Give and inch take a mile. I ended up allowing myself to be pressured into doing several things I regret. As I worked through it I had to pull back. I took some time away from cam, stopped doing pm/text sessions, privates and customs (things that seem to attract boundry pushers the most) and got my head straight. When I felt like I could enforce my boundries easily again I came back full force and the $$ was there waiting.

Men like that are attracted to women they can manipulate. They seek out people who struggle to say no. Especially because this is happening publicly on posts and in your chat, they're feeding off that fan base culture that's developed.

We teach others how to treat us. Teach these piss ants a lesson. 💗 you deserve so much better than this.

Last edited:
The models are obviously your best source of advice here, but I will add this from a member’s POV:

A toxic room (or atmosphere, or fan base, etc) can absolutely turn away friendly, well-meaning visitors who would treat you well. I’ve left rooms many times because the vibe was too creepy / abusive for me.

So yes... I’d think “taking out the trash” is the critical first step for your own health, and also for changing your customer base.

Please take care of yourself & best of luck to you.

In my situation it was due to one member who was about 50% of my income.

I remember feeling absolutely terrified to block him because of how much income i would lose. But here's what happened. I finally did block him. And a cloud lifted off me. All the regs came back. Id not noticed them slowly peeling away because I was unhappy and normal good regs dont enjoy seeing you unhappy. New regs arrived. I was finally happy and in control of my boundaries again and that attracts better people.

THIS^^^

As I worked through it I had to pull back. I took some time away from cam, stopped doing pm/text sessions, privates and customs (things that seem to attract boundry pushers the most) and got my head straight. When I felt like I could enforce my boundries easily again I came back full force and the $$ was there waiting.

I've heard horror stories from some models on things they've seen and been asked to do, or worse, do. As someone who enjoys privates, I don't even want to know what some of these things were being asked. But, IMO, it is a reason why I think it's good for model and member to become accustomed to one another before any kind of privates are done.

I get it's not always feasible, and monetary reasons for not wanting to do it. But, I see many models now stating they only do privates with those on their friend's lists as well as having some level of repertoire with.

Glad to see you're able to bounce back from your recent situation, and good advice for the OP. :)

Tbh, I've gotten more tips telling people to fuck off and where to shove their comments than I have from abusive members being dicks. I got a few long term regs who found it awesome that I don't take shit from anyone. Another quite popular piece of advice also works in this situation. You accept the love you think you deserve. If you think you deserve being abused and having your lines crossed, jackasses will do it. Believe you deserve more because you do. Ban the assholes right away and don't give it a second thought. Anything that causes your mood and room atmosphere to drop is a detriment to your income.

Yeah, I just wanna back advice above up. When I first started I read this dumb blog about being a "cam model" and how to do it. And I was dumb/ anxious enough (at the time) to believe all of it, hook, line and sinker, without trying out my own style for myself. The person was recommending all of this stuff, that totally didn't work for me, at all. It could have basically been a customer service script for any "customer is always right" mentality type business. And I never checked the date on it, so it probably wasn't current, even when I read it 6 years ago.

I am mainly too busy to tell those types of guys you refer to, where to go these days (when I am online live). But when I did, the white knights would always rescue me and take me private instead. Then all sorts of guys started coming in. Many wanted to do all the things to themselves, that these weird out of control sadist types, were trying to get me to do. Then have me watch on cam, begging and saying that they couldn't get the satisfaction of ejaculation, if I would not watch them do a,b and c action. So I was sure to treat them with a lot more care, and be very vigilant with them, as well as enforcing site rules with them.

A big part of that is boundaries, and honest communication. It's my experience that BDSM in all of it's forms, even psychological, can get out of control (and potentially traumatic for either party) really fast. It also seems to require a lot more energy. Limits are good. Working on a site that does not allow such actions as vomiting etc is also good. And then abiding by those site rules. Because ultimately they can decide to kick you off the site, or close your account anytime, if you violate them. The site can also check PMs, and sit in on privates anonymously. Which is actually really cool. I love that. Helps to keep everyone safe.

ETA; One way you could deal with it, which I have been considering recently, is to buy a huge strap-on. Everytime one of these types bothers you, and you are not busy, you could send them a nice picture of yourself and your new toy (fully clothed). No words needed. I've even considered just sitting there in free chat with it, and starting to stroke on it, when these guys come in and talk to me. But I think they would enjoy that way too much :haha:

Last edited:
ETA; One way you could deal with it, which I have been considering recently, is to buy a huge strap-on. Everytime one of these types bothers you, and you are not busy, you could send them a nice picture of yourself and your new toy (fully clothed). No words needed. I've even considered just sitting there in free chat with it, and starting to stroke on it, when these guys come in and talk to me. But I think they would enjoy that way too much :haha:

Can confirm this works in real life. I wore a strap on under my skirt to the MFC booth. It vastly improved my avn experience

Status
Not open for further replies.