AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

how did other girls I tipped a model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2013
so yeah two of my friends are mad because I tipped another girl.

2 days ago I was in a friends room and she asked why I tipped another girl, and not her. well actually she told why I had a Skype show with her, which is true.

I thought she was mad because I didn't tip her for a while and tried to impress me.
now I made her angry because she was sure I tipped another girl and not her.

well shit things happen but today another friend asked me why I tipped another model and had cam2cam with her.
I explained I did that, but also she was angry because I didn't tip in a while.

so the 2 angry girls are my friends and the new girl I tipped I don't know very long.

but I'm a bit confused how they this from each other.

I have my tokens hidden and the girls don't know each other. I'm pretty sure about this, also because the girls never said the name of the girl I tipped.

I had the tokens longer in my account, I didn't buy the tokens just before I tipped.

the 2 friends don't have my Skype ID so they don't know I was onlne.

but it makes me really curious how they know this?

the only thing I can think about is the girl I tipped must have told my friends. (I have more friends and they said nothing yet :) )

I don't have a MFC profile page and bit confused how the "new" girl can find 2 of my friends.

MFC is like a small town, where people like to get their noses in other people's business.

If you like these 3 models, then other members might also. If one of those members told your friends that you tipped a new model, that could explain it. Some members think a model will like them better if they report the activities of their regulars in other room. I've had that happen to me. Many models also visit other models' rooms, on member accounts and as guests, so they can see you tipping themselves.

You can either get used to it, or make a new account to use to visit new models.

Sevrin said:
MFC is like a small town, where people like to get their noses in other people's business.

If you like these 3 models, then other members might also. If one of those members told your friends that you tipped a new model, that could explain it. Some members think a model will like them better if they report the activities of their regulars in other room. I've had that happen to me. Many models also visit other models' rooms, on member accounts and as guests, so they can see you tipping themselves.

You can either get used to it, or make a new account to use to visit new models.

you have a point there, that might have happened.
only thing is all models are not so well known, with not many friends.
and the girl I tipped I just know for 1 week.

and for someone to know I visit another girl I can understand, but if someone knows another girl I also visit sounds creepy.

Points show up tho.

So if your points rise they know you have tipped. If to be fair they are getting angry with you tipping other models. Then surely they should be asking you why? not getting angry.

There might be a reason behind you moving on or liking more girls. Try and be honest with the model. If the Model still gets angry then remove from friends and dont go back.

I don't think it's right to call out a member for tipping another girl at all! Let me get that out there right away. It's your tokens, spend them how you want.

Now, I do understand feeling hurt. If the girl's been having a tough time pulling in tokens, it can sting if a usual tipper is spending his tokens elsewhere. There's no reason to ever call him out for it. Jealousy is a bad feeling and I'm sorry the girls got catty on you. I hope everything cooled down. :/

But to answer your question, the girl could have been perving around MFC and noticed you in another room, or one of her friends may know you as her tipper and saw you tipping in another room and let her know.

I mean, I know plenty of Amber's tippers tip other ACF girls just from perving on the girls... That doesn't mean I've ever felt the need to report every one of Amber's guys to her when they tip Kaylee or something... :/ Actually, I'm not sure I like the term "Amber's guys..." They don't belong to her. But I can't think of a better way to phrase it.

Am I saying this right: I understand that it can sting if your tippers are tipping other girls if you're having a hard time, but the member is a free man and can spend his tokens wherever he wants.

At the risk of being blunt, these models are not your friends. If they were, they wouldn't be giving you shit for tipping another model. They sound very entitled and not particularly pleasant and if I were you, I'd remove them from my friends list and not step foot back in their room. There are so many awesome girls in camland who don't get angry and indignant when you tip other girls (mainly because they never find out, because they don't care to look) that it makes little sense spending time and money on the models who view you as nothing more than a wallet. Specifically their wallet :twocents-02cents:

jblackbean2 said:
Points show up tho.

So if your points rise they know you have tipped. If to be fair they are getting angry with you tipping other models. Then surely they should be asking you why? not getting angry.

There might be a reason behind you moving on or liking more girls. Try and be honest with the model. If the Model still gets angry then remove from friends and dont go back.
Never show points unless you are looking for trouble, and never show tokens unless a model wants to make sure you have enough for a private.

There is a place on your profile that tells other people where you are on the site. I wouldn't put it past controlling, manipulative models to follow your room movements around MFC.

Go to profile settings and under anonymity settings, select the proper setting you want then click save.

Attachments

• profile settings.jpg
    profile settings.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 373
mynameisbob84 said:
At the risk of being blunt, these models are not your friends. If they were, they wouldn't be giving you shit for tipping another model. They sound very entitled and not particularly pleasant and if I were you, I'd remove them from my friends list and not step foot back in their room. There are so many awesome girls in camland who don't get angry and indignant when you tip other girls (mainly because they never find out, because they don't care to look) that it makes little sense spending time and money on the models who view you as nothing more than a wallet. Specifically their wallet :twocents-02cents:

What Bob said. Nobody but you should have any say in how you spend your tokens! Free will and all that. None of the ladies here on ACF are like that. If I'm on my members account and see one of my regs online, I usually ask who they're watching and go tipping the bbs with them, because mfc is more fun when there's a sense of friendship and community. It spoils it when there's jealousy and entitlement. Find some new friends. =) You'll have a better experience.

Bocefish said:
There is a place on your profile that tells other people where you are on the site. I wouldn't put it past controlling, manipulative models to follow your room movements around MFC.

Go to profile settings and under anonymity settings, select the proper setting you want then click save.
That hasn't worked for years now.

Bocefish said:

Does that actually work? I've never seen where people are on anyone's profile. And i just went and activated it on mine and couldn't see where it showed where i was.

Is that only so models can tell or does that just not work at all?

Edit: nevermind. I see amber's now. :lol:

Reactions: eclipse76
AmberCutie said:
Bocefish said:

That hasn't worked for years now.

Well... there ya go :lol: Shows how much I paid attention to the feature. It WAS one of those things you set and forget. :dontknow:

Jillybean said:
I don't think it's right to call out a member for tipping another girl at all! Let me get that out there right away. It's your tokens, spend them how you want.

Now, I do understand feeling hurt. If the girl's been having a tough time pulling in tokens, it can sting if a usual tipper is spending his tokens elsewhere. There's no reason to ever call him out for it. Jealousy is a bad feeling and I'm sorry the girls got catty on you. I hope everything cooled down. :/

But to answer your question, the girl could have been perving around MFC and noticed you in another room, or one of her friends may know you as her tipper and saw you tipping in another room and let her know.

I mean, I know plenty of Amber's tippers tip other ACF girls just from perving on the girls... That doesn't mean I've ever felt the need to report every one of Amber's guys to her when they tip Kaylee or something... :/ Actually, I'm not sure I like the term "Amber's guys..." They don't belong to her. But I can't think of a better way to phrase it.

Am I saying this right: I understand that it can sting if your tippers are tipping other girls if you're having a hard time, but the member is a free man and can spend his tokens wherever he wants.

I totally agree, You are your own person and you have the right to tip who you want when you want. A good friend would understand this. No one owns anyone and you have to right to look where every you want. We all have different things to see and if someone does something you want to tip them for then that is your business only. I will have many guys ask me what someone else tipped or did for me to get something. I just stay I don't Kiss and tell. I would not worry about it to much. Enjoy being you and don't let anyone tell you know to spend your money. Kisses

Better yet, name and shame the model?

I dealt with similar myself a while back with a UK based model, this is probably going back to Jan 12. I started hanging around in a different model's room, someone from here, as the convos were more interesting. Next thing I know, I'm getting angry PM's and mail from the 1st model on why I'm giving others tokens.

She was promptly told to clear off, and I opted to just never return to their room. Did hear from another member though that she was slagging me off in her room for hours though...

Like the others have said.

Block the girls that got mad at you. Don't give them another cent.

It is none of their business what you do with your money.

Reactions: KamikaziKitty
Misono said:

I dealt with similar myself a while back with a UK based model, this is probably going back to Jan 12. I started hanging around in a different model's room, someone from here, as the convos were more interesting. Next thing I know, I'm getting angry PM's and mail from the 1st model on why I'm giving others tokens.

She was promptly told to clear off, and I opted to just never return to their room. Did hear from another member though that she was slagging me off in her room for hours though...

What the model did was wrong. I understand being sore at someone, but we shouldn't make a blacklist of members or models. If anyone doe eventually everyone's names will be on there deserved or otherwise.

Godiva420 said:
Misono said:

What the model did was wrong. I understand being sore at someone, but we shouldn't make a blacklist of members or models. If anyone doe eventually everyone's names will be on there deserved or otherwise.

But, without any potential ramifications, that sort of behaviour would continue. Surely a case of incident -> evidence -> declaration somewhere would be better for the community as a whole, otherwise it's effectively condoning that kind of behaviour.

We've never been about witch hunts against models for an isolated instance of poor judgment here.

If a model is high profile and has a proven track record of outrageous behaviour, that's one thing, but this is nothing, and the model and member seem to have sorted things out, in any event.

jblackbean2 said:
Points show up tho.

Like bean said, try and be honest, a model shouldn't be getting angry with you unless you are being a douche, look back at your actions and decide it you were, if you really weren't then she's being a douche.

Times that I think are more justified if a model gets angry, or at least will make me angry about this sort of thing:

If a member isn't tipping me or is tipping me very little, yet is taking up considerable amounts of my time chatting to me/is always stopping by my room, does things like tweets me, asks if I'm coming online (and then goes on to not tip or tips very little), and I find out that he's been spending money on other girls, then yes, I'll be pissed off. It's something that happens all the time, usually I keep quiet about it, but if it's really upset me/pissed me off then I will mention something, I only mention it when it's a really big deal though. Otherwise I'll either ignore it or quietly ban.

If a member tells me he's really broke/can't tip and proceeds to come to my room and freeload on me/talks to me in my room and enjoys the general vibe then if I find out he's actually been tipping other girls, then that's another thing that'll piss me off. This just isn't cool.

These examples, though most members do it, I think they are dick moves. Especially when it's a model who's time you're taking up/you act like you're friends with. Most models will accept when members don't have tokens, we're not all heartless money grabbing bastards, we don't want you to starve. But we also do want to be paid for the time and entertainment we give you, and I mean more than the odd few tokens. So yes, if a member is capable of tipping more, and chooses to go and tip another girl those tokens, then yes, it will piss someone off. That other model feels she's been putting the leg work in because she's hoping you're a decent guy and that when you do get tokens you'll choose to sort her out as she's sorted you out. Finding out that they're off tipping other girls is a big slap in the face.

To avoid these situations and times that I don't feel the model is justified in getting annoyed-
When the member is honest that he tips other girls from the start.
When a member doesn't nag a model to get online
When a member doesn't try taking up too much of her time and attention in pm/the chatroom.
When a member genuinely tips a model generously but likes to spread it around models (but doesn't give models the false illusion he only tips them).
When a member doesn't make requests/demands without tipping for them.

Try not to- (if you tip other models and don't want to deal with models getting upset)

Sit in a model's room every second she's on cam without tipping (chatting or not chatting) if you're not tipping regularly.
Make any form of obnoxious comments.
Don't tell other members to tip.
Never act like you only tip one model, and avoid any form of words that imply you're her biggest fan and she's your favourite model.

If you're not doing any of these things and aren't being misleading then these girls may be being over sensitive which isn't cool. But please remember, you're dealing with fellow human beings here, not robotic creatures made for your own amusement. We are girls working hard at a stressful job that doesn't always pay out. It's very unreliable, which means yes it can get on our nerves when members fuck about and take the piss. No you don't have to tip models, but if you're on good speaking terms with them if you have the tokens then you should be tipping them when you're in the room. We do deal with dick things every day, which is part of what it means to be a cam model, sometimes you just have to be really thick skinned, but it doesn't mean that you as a member have to act like a twat. You can be civilised and you can make the lives of the girls you watch that much easier by not playing them around. This may be down time and laughs for you, but this is their livelihood. It is very serious on our side, so please, keep in mind when visiting models that though by all means you should enjoy yourself and tip/visit who you want, you should still keep the feelings of the workers in mind.

Imagine we're all waitresses, and you come into a restaurant every day twice a day, one time of the day you get served by one girl, you tip her small tips or nothing at all, yet you chat to her, are friendly to her, and she gives you brilliant service and smiles and attention. Later on in the day you get served by another girl and do exactly the same thing. Say you do this every day for a period of time, then a new girl starts working, and you drop her a big tip after the meal. Those other waitresses who've been working their arses off being friendly to you, making sure you're ok will obviously be pretty bummed out and pissed off when they find out that you were just being stingy with them. They didn't do anything wrong, you just hadn't taken into consideration that you being in their section meant they earned less money than they should have each day so tipping another girl you've just met is a big slap in the face to both of them.

And as for how the models might have found out- Models can see everything that happens in a public room. We can also log in as guests/basics/premiums. Keep it in mind that we may easily be watching in the public room.

In my career as a cam model I think I've only had about 3 cases of being upset about a member's tipping behaviour in and out of my room. Only 1 of these people have I ever mentioned it to, it wasn't worth it in the end, and I never had a go at them for it, but I'd hoped that they were a good enough friend to understand I needed to get it off my chest. In that case apparently I was wrong. Besides that I've mentioned to members that I'd rather not have graphic info on their tipping habits only a few times. I think if someone were to upset me with that kind of thing again then I still think I'd probably mention it, but I'd still never have a go at someone for something like that.

A difficult part of being a camgirl is that members often want a realistic feel, but they also don't want to have the negatives that come with having a real girlfriend, like the possibility of hurting the girl's feelings, or making that person upset or angry. Mfc is a place of relaxation and a break from reality for many, a place where they can do what they like, so though some members enjoy a model getting upset about stuff, many members want a more self absorbed relationship with a model where she doesn't kill his buzz. I think if you want that then it's something you should tip for in itself, as if you're not tipping much then really, why should a model give you your lovely desert island fantasy paradise break?

Sevrin said:
We've never been about witch hunts against models for an isolated instance of poor judgment here.

If a model is high profile and has a proven track record of outrageous behaviour, that's one thing, but this is nothing, and the model and member seem to have sorted things out, in any event.

That's exactly it, and if it helps to drive it home...remember if models start being treated like that it will soon follow where members are treated the same (ei public shaming). I want to point out that there are MANY times where members/models take things out of context, and block (and possibly public shame in their room/lounge/or wherever to an extent.

Case in point, I remember when I was starting out there was a guest in my room (back when I allowed guests to chat). The guest was begging and I was mocking him in fun, by typing everything he was, but putting an "I should be tipped for that" spin on it. A member had it to where he couldn't see guests chat, and commented on how beggy I was being. Everyone in my room was shocked by his comment, especially when he said that he was not only blocking me, but also telling every lounge to not even look at me. I know there are bad models/members out there, but you can't just assume because you had ONE bad experience it's worth shaming them. Just let her reputation proceed her, as I'm sure others will do the shaming anyway as she'll not likely change if that's what she's been doing.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Misono said:

Sounds like you're trying to do an eye-for-eye thing: she shamed you in her room and now you want to reciprocate with a similar action. To be the bigger person in this, you can either have a private discussion with the model and hope to come to an understanding or file your grievances, or you take your lumps and walk away with your dignity. It sucks when the other person acts like an ass but you don't want to stoop down to that same level.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Status
Not open for further replies.