AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I ban models from harrassing my tippers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2023
Please help. I guess I've been attracting some attention lately, and have been lucky enough to have a supporting and loving community. This has made me a target for other models.

I am getting frequent messages from my tippers these days talking about how they are getting harassed by other models in PMS every time they tip me a lot, hoping they'll go spend tokens on their rooms instead. These models are often LIVE at the time. It is such awful, scumbag behavior that absolutely affects my bottom line. But it feels like CB doesn't have a report system whatsoever???

What do I do? My mods have kept a list of the names of the models who have been harrassing folks but I have nothing to do with it. The only thing I can do is ban when I see them in my room, but they usually get spooked too quick to stay long enough for me to do so. Do I email support? Please help. Right now I'm starting at a model who is currently live and just fine, after she was harrassing my tippers days before, so clearly the CB is doing jack shit about it.

It still creates one extra layer of protection. If the actual broadcaster account can't be in the room, they can't directly click usernames to message. They'd have to copy/paste the message URL to t heir other account, I I guess?

I dunno, it works real well on MFC! Premium accounts cost $20 bucks on there in order to message most people (most people block unpaid accounts from PMing)
I hear you, and I love it, I'm just trying to figure out how to sell it to Chaturbate since they encourage room raiding in a low key way.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
I hear you, and I love it, I'm just trying to figure out how to sell it to Chaturbate since they encourage room raiding in a low key way.
Gotchu. I wish the cu rrent CB rep was as active as the SC reps here, constantly taking and interacting with suggestions and feedback. I know that CB is too big for that now, though.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
Gotchu. I wish the cu rrent CB rep was as active as the SC reps here, constantly taking and interacting with suggestions and feedback. I know that CB is too big for that now, though.
I've often wished I could be their rep and help out. Sadly those positions are never available. I know what it feels like to hit their road blocks and how to get the best response possible. It's all about asking the RIGHT questions, not just asking questions.

Upvote 0
Edit: Models are banned from the site if they advertise their rooms and are consistently reported for doing so.
The problem for me is that it is not obvious how to do that.
02-59-53.jpg
If I right-click to report a message there is no option for advertising. I assume I should check 'Other' and write that it is advertising

03-00-47.jpg
But if I go to the models room and click 'Report Room' there is. If I choose this option I think I would have to put the name of the room the advertising was done in under 'Additional comments'

Which of the 2 options should I choose?

Upvote 0
The problem for me is that it is not obvious how to do that.
View attachment 97696
If I right-click to report a message there is no option for advertising. I assume I should check 'Other' and write that it is advertising

View attachment 97697
But if I go to the models room and click 'Report Room' there is. If I choose this option I think I would have to put the name of the room the advertising was done in under 'Additional comments'

Which of the 2 options should I choose?
If they are live on camera and advertising in the room either in PM or public chat, go to their room and report as advertising in another model's room. You're not responsible for providing whose room they were advertising in, they'll do the investigation on their own criteria.

Upvote 0
Whenever another broadcaster has pm/dm'd me in someone else's room, and made a suggestion to go visit their own room, I let the room owner know via tip note.
I used to just ignore the attempts, but it became so frequent, and often from the same serial lurkers, that I decided to report them.
After all, the default site rules appearing at the top of every chat window on first entry include this:
Rules: No spamming. Do not announce other rooms or websites that would conflict with this room.
I figure that should extend to them drawing attention to themselves as broadcasters, by directly messaging other members.

Upvote 0
Three freaking days later we have an official CB response.

20230918_130954.jpg

Silence all broadcasters even if they are not broadcasting now will prevent other models from poaching viewers or trash talking you/them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for asking the Q and sharing the response! 👍
No problem. I don't mind, I know they can get a little mealy-mouthed with non-broadcasters.

The other upside to this is if one does silence other broadcasters without them being on, they would need to tip to disrupt the room and would probably come out looking like a jackass in the end unless they are asking the model something in the tip note that only they would know.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
I agree that your suggestion is far superior to the possibility I mentioned, and I don't assume that all Colombian models, or as I suspect studio supervisors, act this way. It is probably a small minority in fact. But on my account 8 of 10 attempts to poach me have been from Colombia.
I agree with Amber's point that this is a studio issue. But it seems like it's a models choice on how to fix it. If the large number of poachers you are observing come from a certain region, and you are willing to live with the loss of any tippers that might come from that region, then blocking the region seems to be your choice. It is a blunt solution, but it's not your fault that so many studios from that region are doing this. I don't know the numbers that you gave (8 of 10) and I doubt anyone has tried to calculate it accurately. But to my brain, it doesn't seem like a racial/ethnic insensitivity thing. It just seems like a problem that has few good solutions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.