AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I ban models from harrassing my tippers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2023
Please help. I guess I've been attracting some attention lately, and have been lucky enough to have a supporting and loving community. This has made me a target for other models.

I am getting frequent messages from my tippers these days talking about how they are getting harassed by other models in PMS every time they tip me a lot, hoping they'll go spend tokens on their rooms instead. These models are often LIVE at the time. It is such awful, scumbag behavior that absolutely affects my bottom line. But it feels like CB doesn't have a report system whatsoever???

What do I do? My mods have kept a list of the names of the models who have been harrassing folks but I have nothing to do with it. The only thing I can do is ban when I see them in my room, but they usually get spooked too quick to stay long enough for me to do so. Do I email support? Please help. Right now I'm starting at a model who is currently live and just fine, after she was harrassing my tippers days before, so clearly the CB is doing jack shit about it.

SIlence.png

And Chaturbate doesn't have to do "jack shit about it". It's up to you to moderate your room with the tools provided to you. There is a report feature. All the user has to do is right click the user name and report the model for spam.

Upvote 0
View attachment 97684

And Chaturbate doesn't have to do "jack shit about it". It's up to you to moderate your room with the tools provided to you. There is a report feature. All the user has to do is right click the user name and report the model for spam.

Thank you for the advice, but it's not that straightforward. It takes longer for me to respond because I am a virtual model and use a VR headset, I'm not at my keyboard most of the time. So usually my tippers respond negatively immediately, and it spooks the models and they leave the room. From I can tell I can't report/ban someone after they have left my room? Or is there another way to do it? Thank you.

I was hopeful of making friends in the community so I did not turn on the silence, but I will if this continues. Does it stop them from being able to pm in my room too?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the advice, but it's not that straightforward. It takes longer for me to respond because I am a virtual model and use a VR headset, I'm not at my keyboard most of the time. So usually my tippers respond negatively immediately, and it spooks the models and they leave the room. From I can tell I can't report/ban someone after they have left my room? Or is there another way to do it? Thank you.

I was hopeful of making friends in the community so I did not turn on the silence, but I will if this continues. Does it stop them from being able to pm in my room too?
It is that straight forward if you have moderators and you should if you're away from the mouse that much. I've been on Chaturbate for ten years. You need moderators. You really don't want to be friends with other Chaturbate broadcasters, it's not a healthy relationship by any means. Turn them off, turn grays off, and get yo cheddar. Seriously. Not even kidding.

Upvote 0
It is that straight forward if you have moderators and you should if you're away from the mouse that much. I've been on Chaturbate for ten years. You need moderators. You really don't want to be friends with other Chaturbate broadcasters, it's not a healthy relationship by any means. Turn them off, turn grays off, and get yo cheddar. Seriously. Not even kidding.

I see, thank you for the advice :) I will do just that. The last thing I need is to get walked all over. One of them got upset for getting reported and tried to dm me accusing me of lying etc. Like we're stupid! Of course we know why you are 'just saying hi' to someone dropping big bucks on the stream while you also happen to be live. SMH. Being gaslit by other models feels so shitty.

Thanks for the clarity.

Upvote 0
I see, thank you for the advice :) I will do just that. The last thing I need is to get walked all over. One of them got upset for getting reported and tried to dm me accusing me of lying etc. Like we're stupid! Of course we know why you are 'just saying hi' to someone dropping big bucks on the stream while you also happen to be live. SMH. Being gaslit by other models feels so shitty.

Thanks for the clarity.
You're welcome. It's not an easy place to thrive but if you figure it out it's really fucking awesome. Even ten years later I'm tweaking things so don't be so hard on yourself.

People who buy supporter accounts can PM anyone at any time but if they are registered broadcasters and you have them turned off to chat then they are just blowing money into the wind. Take a special comfort in that aspect. Grays RARELY turn blue for any reason. Do not let anyone dictate what you are willing to do or how much you charge for it. Best of luck and happy camming!

Upvote 0
Please help. I guess I've been attracting some attention lately, and have been lucky enough to have a supporting and loving community. This has made me a target for other models.

I am getting frequent messages from my tippers these days talking about how they are getting harassed by other models in PMS every time they tip me a lot, hoping they'll go spend tokens on their rooms instead. These models are often LIVE at the time. It is such awful, scumbag behavior that absolutely affects my bottom line. But it feels like CB doesn't have a report system whatsoever???

What do I do? My mods have kept a list of the names of the models who have been harrassing folks but I have nothing to do with it. The only thing I can do is ban when I see them in my room, but they usually get spooked too quick to stay long enough for me to do so. Do I email support? Please help. Right now I'm starting at a model who is currently live and just fine, after she was harrassing my tippers days before, so clearly the CB is doing jack shit about it.

If these guys are being truthful about other models harassing them for tokens, then those guys should be reporting that shit to Chaturbate right away. Not just telling you about it. And you're not the one who's witnessing it happen...those guys are. In that same amount of time they spent telling you about it, they could've been reporting it to CB.....

Do like Vixxen suggested above, and change your settings. Absolutely always silence the other models from your chat room. The spotlight should be on YOU...not these rude, selfish girls going around looking to poach tippers. Focus on making money...not making friends with models while you're working. If you want to make friends with models, do that here on this cam model forum...Twitter...adult industry areas of Reddit...and adult industry conventions (If you go to those events).

Upvote 0
Thank you for validating my experiences. I only allow men to enter my room. It's a low viewership but it's much cleaner.

I remember a time I had some hatin’-ass MyFreeCams model flat out type in my free chat to the guys “Stop watching this fugly model, and come to my room.” She was one of those boring models who just sits there staring at the screen, waiting for men to tip her just for existing. LOL…..

Upvote 0

I totally get your situation and it's really unfortunate that you're experiencing this. Yes, you can contact cb support on this problem. Give them the list of names that your moderators have came in contact with then detail the harassment your tippers are experiencing. They might have a reporting system in place specifically for this, so they can situate the situation.

Upvote 0
If these guys are being truthful about other models harassing them for tokens, then those guys should be reporting that shit to Chaturbate right away. Not just telling you about it. And you're not the one who's witnessing it happen...those guys are. In that same amount of time they spent telling you about it, they could've been reporting it to CB.....

Do like Vixxen suggested above, and change your settings. Absolutely always silence the other models from your chat room. The spotlight should be on YOU...not these rude, selfish girls going around looking to poach tippers. Focus on making money...not making friends with models while you're working. If you want to make friends with models, do that here on this cam model forum...Twitter...adult industry areas of Reddit...and adult industry conventions (If you go to those events).
I can tell you that reporting the models to CB does nothing also, I have been spammed by models in my DMs, and I can see it's the ones that are sitting in the rooms I'm in, this becomes a problem sometimes when you tip, or when you are simply a purple user it seems! they might have bought the supporter thing so they can DM everyone indeed, but it's a lot of models actually doing this lately.. but I guess that also means they might not directly be breaking any rules, because they don't explicitly say "Hey come to my room instead" or shit like that

Often they will start with "Hello BB!" or simply your username as a DM.. a few times I've had someone send me a "Hey we should talk ;)" but they don't directly tell you to come to their room as the first thing, if they do so, people might actually have replied to them? At least in my experience.

Putting your room to men only, as vixxen says, might be a really good option also, it's sad it might be needed, because I'm sure there are women who would want to visit the rooms too, but thanks to the DM system it might be a hazzle

Upvote 0
Hi @Vixxen81 does the 'silence other broadcasters' prevent them from sending a PM or DM to others in the same room? I thought it just prevented them putting anything in the public chat.

Upvote 0
What do I do? My mods have kept a list of the names of the models who have been harrassing folks but I have nothing to do with it. The only thing I can do is ban when I see them in my room, but they usually get spooked too quick to stay long enough for me to do so.
They don't have to be in your room for you to ban them. If your mods have a list of, correct, usernames you can manually add them to your banned list in your chat settings.

Under the 'View/Edit Bans and Silences' at the bottom is a field where you can type in usernames and add them.

11-49-02.jpg11-50-27.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElGato
Upvote 0
Hi @Vixxen81 does the 'silence other broadcasters' prevent them from sending a PM or DM to others in the same room? I thought it just prevented them putting anything in the public chat.
Unfortunately it does not, they can still send those out

The only way to stop them from doing that is to either ban or just block all female users from the room.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone with a supporter account can PM anyone in the room. Same for fan club members and moderators.

Upvote 0
This is pretty much done discussion by the looks of things, but I am also here to drum up the fact that it absolutely makes no sense to be friendly with other models in your room. In your room, the other models are sharks and its an absolute dog eat dog world out there - no sense of community whatsoever!

Come here to ACF to make friends with colleagues - here you will find a a lovely, knowledgeable and supportive community.

But at work, in your cam room - silence the other models and do not feel bad about it for one second. I had the same thoughts as you when I first started, wanted to be friendly with other models and colleagues but unfortunately it does not work that way.

Upvote 0
Anyone with a supporter account can PM anyone in the room. Same for fan club members and moderators.
Yes, I know that. I''m asking if what you recommended with the screenshot (in reply #2 above) prevents other broadcasters in the room from sending messages. I thought silencing them just stopped them being able to chat.

Upvote 0
Yes, I know that. I''m asking if what you recommended with the screenshot (in reply #2 above) prevents other broadcasters in the room from sending messages. I thought silencing them just stopped them being able to chat.
Ah, I see what you are saying. My bad. I was sleepy when I replied. I went into a room where a model has all broadcasters silenced and I could only send tip notes to talk to her. I don't have a supporter account and not a fan of her's so I couldn't PM anyone if I wanted to but it does tell you that you have to be a supporter, fan club member or moderator to PM anyone in the room. Does that make sense?

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Does CB have a function to block other broadcaster accounts from entering the room at all?

That’s a feature on MFC and it’s lovely. It stops models from sitting in the room and being able to click on other members. Sure they can watch as a guest but it removes one layer of easy-access for poachers to simply click and message people if they have the ability.

If that’s an option on CB I recommend it.

Upvote 0
I wouldn’t say it always makes no sense to not be friendly w other models in your room - in certain sites and certain niches it can benefit. Mfc has a culture of room raids and model community for a time that really could be beneficial (if sometimes full of drama)

Buttttt if the room is getting toxic like that yeah- it’s your room. Silence/block!

Upvote 0
I did a bit of sleuthing, and maybe this dudes plentiful advice was dismissed too soon, after all he does seem to have extensive experience: more than 12 hours of streaming accumulated in 14 sessions since June this year, and an impressive 176 followers.
I am in awe...

Edit: Just realized this is the wrong thread :facepalm:

Upvote 0
Does CB have a function to block other broadcaster accounts from entering the room at all?

That’s a feature on MFC and it’s lovely. It stops models from sitting in the room and being able to click on other members. Sure they can watch as a guest but it removes one layer of easy-access for poachers to simply click and message people if they have the ability.

The only way to stop it is to block female accounts from accessing the room once they have logged in, males in general don't rely on poaching methods. They pick a model, sit in her room and ask her to watch them and use her cam as inspirational and then promise the tokens to her once he makes them. Some actually follow through, most don't.

But I can send an email to support and make a suggestion on their suggestion box submission form. If anyone else who has an active account on Chaturbate does the same we can get some real attention to it a lot faster than most of the things I imagine are being sent there.

As I was writing out the email I realized the response from CB is most likely going to be "you can silence all broadcasters regardless of broadcasting status and will have to trust your members to not scan the user list" or some other asinine response. So if anyone has an idea on how to make a convincing argument I'm all eyes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

There is the possibility of geo-blocking Colombia if other models trying to poach users or promote their room is the main concern, from what I encountered, as a user, the vast majority of this behavior is from that country.

Upvote 0
Baby steps -- I sent an initial email asking about being silenced and having a supporter account to gauge their official response.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
There is the possibility of geo-blocking Colombia if other models trying to poach users or promote their room is the main concern, from what I encountered, as a user, the vast majority of this behavior is from that country.
I think it is a bit unfair to assume all Colombian models, as well as all female CB users, are a problem, and think that CB shound just allow broadcasters to block other broadcaster accounts. If broadcasters want to hang in others’ rooms they can create a normal account, just like on MFC. It really does make a huge difference.

Upvote 0
I think it is a bit unfair to assume all Colombian models, as well as all female CB users, are a problem, and think that CB shound just allow broadcasters to block other broadcaster accounts. If broadcasters want to hang in others’ rooms they can create a normal account, just like on MFC. It really does make a huge difference.
I agree that your suggestion is far superior to the possibility I mentioned, and I don't assume that all Colombian models, or as I suspect studio supervisors, act this way. It is probably a small minority in fact. But on my account 8 of 10 attempts to poach me have been from Colombia.

Upvote 0
have been from Colombia.
I understand you meant no harm. I'm hoping that we can keep ACF from being a place that perpetuates that broadcasters from a certain region or of a certain gender are more bad than others. We can all agree that there is shady shit that goes on with Studios, and speak a bit anti-studio practices instead :)

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
Amber is on the right track here. I would love to have women in my room who aren't broadcasters but at the same time how do you trust that a broadcaster doesn't just create another account and poach any way?

Edit: Models are banned from the site if they advertise their rooms and are consistently reported for doing so.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
Amber is on the right track here. I would love to have women in my room who aren't broadcasters but at the same time how do you trust that a broadcaster doesn't just create another account and poach any way?
It still creates one extra layer of protection. If the actual broadcaster account can't be in the room, they can't directly click usernames to message. They'd have to copy/paste the message URL to t heir other account, I I guess?

I dunno, it works real well on MFC! Premium accounts cost $20 bucks on there in order to message most people (most people block unpaid accounts from PMing)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
also I apologize for my typing, I'm dealing with a lame paw for anot her few weeks while the main ligament in my dominant hand thumb heals! grrrr th e space bar is my enemy

F5xvq2YbAAAI6pp.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.