AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you choose your Mods?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Models, I'm curious about how you pick your Mods.
A little background as to why:
I've been a regular and generous tipper in a model's room for about a year. Back in January, without any discussion, she made me a mod. I asked why, and she said she wanted me to help her so she could focus on the show itself.
To be honest, I wasn't keen (I have other priorities when I'm in the room) but I agreed to give it a go. It's been good, and while I am more occupied and find it less enjoyable being a mod than just another viewer, I'm glad if I can help out so continue to keep doing it.
Lately though, she has started making many others mods too, often guys who have never ever tipped her a single token, and who often make demands and try to direct the show.
That I can live with, as it's the model's choice. But now these same guys who never tipped before are absolutely flooding the chat with 'c'mon tip her guys' GIFs and really changing the room vibe to one of pressure rather than fun and a personal choice.
It's not my place to intervene, but I'm now really uncomfortable with being a mod in the same room as these others, we just have a totally different approach. Some regulars have commented, especially when there are multiple mods in the room together.
I'm on the point of asking the model to pull me as a mod, but having to explain why is awkward because basically I'll be sounding critical of her choice of other mods.

Sooooo, models what makes you choose your mods? Do you look for a range of moderating styles? What else influences your decision? Can multiple mods with different styles help or hurt your room?

Thanks so much for any insight!
Rod

Well that SUCKS. You should ask her to remove you as a mod, and if she wants to know why, just tell her the same thing you said here...you're uncomfortable, and these other guys are ruining the room's vibe.

If I was a member and had one of those annoying "Well tip her then!" clowns talking to me like that, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves, and that would be my last visit to that model's room. You give certain people special privileges, and they let it go to their heads, and then it's just not fun anymore. This is probably gonna cause her to miss out on potential tippers/chatters in her room by allowing this fuckery to continue. That's my new favorite word..."fuckery."

I don't appoint people as mods for my room. I'll handle my room how I please, and don't need/want someone else making those decisions for me and trying to call the shots.....

That I can live with, as it's the model's choice. But now these same guys who never tipped before are absolutely flooding the chat with 'c'mon tip her guys' GIFs and really changing the room vibe to one of pressure rather than fun and a personal choice.
It's not my place to intervene, but I'm now really uncomfortable with being a mod in the same room as these others, we just have a totally different approach. Some regulars have commented, especially when there are multiple mods in the room together.
I'm on the point of asking the model to pull me as a mod, but having to explain why is awkward because basically I'll be sounding critical of her choice of other mods.

Sooooo, models what makes you choose your mods? Do you look for a range of moderating styles? What else influences your decision? Can multiple mods with different styles help or hurt your room?

Well, you are, so stand up for yourself and explain it to her. Alternatively you can just leave and never come back, since her room is now basically somewhere you don't want to be. At least on CB they can't pester you with PMs begging you to return (or other drama).

Well, you are, so stand up for yourself and explain it to her. Alternatively you can just leave and never come back, since her room is now basically somewhere you don't want to be. At least on CB they can't pester you with PMs begging you to return (or other drama).
Yeah I think I answered my own question, but for me that's final because I'm really into this particular model and that's the only reason I tried to be the mod without wanting to be - to help her out. I would still rather be part of her shows than not at all.

Well, I bailed. Today was the final straw. A recently-promoted new mod entered the room, immediately went into private for over 40 minutes, then left the room within a minute of them both returning. Made no attempt to stick around for a while to do any mod tasks, didn't post anything in chat, didn't tip publicly. So I'm done 'helping'. Going elsewhere as just another regular member 👍

So I'm done 'helping'. Going elsewhere as just another regular member 👍
In my opinion the only reason to stay in a room is answering "Yes" to the question "Am I enjoying myself here?".

That being said, this other mod wasn't actually behaving badly imo. He showed up, spent to get what he came for and left. I wouldn't have quit a room over another user paying for a model's advertised services, but if it somehow stops you from enjoying her it was probably time to move on anyway.

Well, I bailed. Today was the final straw. A recently-promoted new mod entered the room, immediately went into private for over 40 minutes, then left the room within a minute of them both returning. Made no attempt to stick around for a while to do any mod tasks, didn't post anything in chat, didn't tip publicly. So I'm done 'helping'. Going elsewhere as just another regular member 👍

Keep in mind that not all mods are mods because they asked to be, or because the model obligates them to do the job. Many are just regulars that the model chose to make red, for her own reasons.

I get that it causes confusion for other members who then see a red username and expect that person to do certain things - like be present for most of every show, silence spammers etc. - but if they’re not doing “mod stuff,” it might be because they never requested to be a mod, and the model doesn’t expect any work from them. Many just use it as a way of color-coding certain regulars.

I’ve never asked to be a moderator, but I’ve been made a moderator numerous times. None of the models asked me first, they just did it. And in each case they explained afterward that I was not obligated to do anything. So in those rooms, my username is red, but I’m not actively trying to moderate anything, nor does the model expect me to.

So if it looks like a red username is not doing his “moderator duties,” it’s very possible that’s because the model doesn’t want or expect it, even if other users do.

Those are all fair points..... thank you for showing me a different perspective.
I will go and have fun elsewhere for a while and see if I end up missing that particular room as much as I think I will
If I do go back, I will just be honest and ask to stop being red.
Thanks all!

I pick as mods the nicest guys in the room ,. guys that are there every day i start broadcasting. I got in my room guess like 6 mods now ..but i always ask them on pm first if they wanna help me beeing a mod and i explain exactly what i want him to do and not .. my favorite mod is a grey guy. never tipped never had tks or intenting to buy i guess, but he is very nice and smart , and hes doing a great job . lately he also put notes on cb so when a tipper enter the room he is talking to him like he remember everything about last time he was there :__ and guys are impressed with the welcome '_ ;) Is really important for model to tell to the guy what kind of help she needs (ban rude comments, welcome to everyone, chatting with other people, promoting spy mode while im on pvt , then the to not do list,,, dont ask people to tip , etc ...

The number of times a "tip her!" GIF has actually worked, and startled those with tokens into tipping and those without into buying, has to be somewhere around zero.
yep - it was killing the chat, and prompting others to comment that the guy posting all that stuff was a hypocrite since he became red (had never ever tipped himself). No issue with greys as long as the chat contribution is positive and complimentary. Made things feel really negative, and no longer fun despite the model being totally gorgeous.

The number of times a "tip her!" GIF has actually worked, and startled those with tokens into tipping and those without into buying, has to be somewhere around zero.

And the "thank you for the tip" one from mods annoys me. "Oh sorry, I didn't realise I was tipping you" lol.
For this there was one guy in particular who did this (and all the tip ones, and MUCH worse images), but it wouldn't just be a "thank you" one, he would write "thank you for tipping. smooches to you". Like ughhh what? I am not tipping for kisses from you dude!

Many things annoy me as a mod, and I am a moderator for a couple of models (as with above, usually it's set on me without me wanting it but I am a sucker for helping and I hate to say no, I guess).

Sometimes you can't win as a mod either way though. I mean, I hate to be one of those who spam with GIFs and asking/begging people to tip. I will do the odd one when it's quiet and also follow model one, but otherwise, I am in the background as a moderator and only do the duties when needed, such as silencing, or if someone is unsure of something in the model's room (tip menu price or pvt show price etc). Nothing "in your face". But many guys will just see you "sit there" and not be spamming the chat with GIFs, and then they call you out as a bad guy doing nothing and bah blah. This is why in one particular model's room, which I have mentioned in the past, she uses an all in one bot that allows me to not be red but I am on the "mod list" which allows me to silence and everything else, post notifications (so then it look like it's her doing it or the bot).. which I think is a better and smarter way, then there are no arguments over red names, other than the guys who come in and see no mods, and then start spamming the chat with GIFs so they can try convince the model to MAKE them a moderator.

I pick as mods the nicest guys in the room ,. guys that are there every day i start broadcasting. I got in my room guess like 6 mods now ..but i always ask them on pm first if they wanna help me beeing a mod and i explain exactly what i want him to do and not .. my favorite mod is a grey guy. never tipped never had tks or intenting to buy i guess, but he is very nice and smart , and hes doing a great job . lately he also put notes on cb so when a tipper enter the room he is talking to him like he remember everything about last time he was there :__ and guys are impressed with the welcome '_ ;) Is really important for model to tell to the guy what kind of help she needs (ban rude comments, welcome to everyone, chatting with other people, promoting spy mode while im on pvt , then the to not do list,,, dont ask people to tip , etc ...

You have SIX mods? Are all of them usually in your chat at the same time, or is it just like one or two of them in your room "modding" at the same time?

And the "thank you for the tip" one from mods annoys me. "Oh sorry, I didn't realise I was tipping you" lol.
For this there was one guy in particular who did this (and all the tip ones, and MUCH worse images), but it wouldn't just be a "thank you" one, he would write "thank you for tipping. smooches to you". Like ughhh what? I am not tipping for kisses from you dude!
im on a site with no mods and this pisses me off the most. don't thank my tippers for MY tips. this is a great way to get banned from my room.

Mods are way more trouble than anything. I've had one go complete psycho on me and still stalks me across the sites today asking why I ban him all the time and he's done nothing wrong. He's a complete mental case. Another mod chased away a whale when he didn't know the dude tipped a massive amount the day before and he tried to chew him out for talking to me without tipping for anything. I banned the mod and tried to apologize but the damage was done. So no mods since baby cam days. I can handle my own chats.

I say no to everyone that asks me to be a mod now, but back in the day I had someone ask to be a mod, and as he was one of my only big tippers at the time I didn't want to lose him, so I said yes even thought I didn't want a mod. He instantly went from speaking in full, well articulated sentences like a normal adult, to things "hey GUYS.....if u like her and want to KISSSS....make sure you tip the most beautiful model HERE!!" with some weird glitchy gifs alongside that.

It was as if when I had tried to mod him.....I had actually lobotomized him.

You have SIX mods?

You have SIX mods? Are all of them usually in your chat at the same time, or is it just like one or two of them in your room "modding" at the same time?
sometimes all . other times 2.. 3 . but is ok we are all long time friends , my mods are sending mails to each other lol , long friendships .. and usually i got over 1000 people in the room so this 6 are not that much , all of them are nice moslty only talking to each other, trying to insolve others in conversations too, tipping and kicking jerks.. thats all they do ..I have some breathing problems, 2 septum deviations surgery to my nose and still addicted to spray and lots alergies , so at least few times a night some idiots are calling me cocaine bitch , and all this kind of haha you sniffing so much cocaine,your nose is sore,,, really pissing me off so bad . glad my mods are there to kick them in a second while im busy with my show .. nothing bothering me more then this idiots not thinking that people might have health problems , but if they think only with their,,,:arghh:

My mods have two jobs. Don’t ask people to tip and don’t silence anyone. I have a bad memory so when I meet someone cool in chat room I’ll mod them so I don’t forget their name when they return. Until I know their name. Some stick with red name others don’t. I basically mod friends

I don't have mods on MFC. When I was on CB I did, but that is because I let people without tokens chat. Lots of spam. I chose my mod there as the guy who had been watching me everyday since my first show. Best part was that he was a "gray" (no tks) and some of the mod-hopefuls got upset. Truthfully I just trusted the guy. Which is great, cuz it's 2 years later and he's still with me and even switched sites from CB to MFC for me. If I ever needed a room helper, it would be him. I have made him room helper for haul shows where I'm super busy and need help changing the room topic. That's IT though. No other use! Lol

I've been modding for one room now for around 2 years and another for about a year.

When I first started, I admit that I was a bad mod. I thanked people for tipping and used the gifs/pics to (try) encourage people to tip. I quickly learned that people will do what they want regardless of some random "red" named person thanking them or asking them to tip. Now, the only person in each of the model's rooms that thanks a tipper is the model herself, which is how I think it should be. And the only gif's I post are fun silly ones just like the rest of the regulars in chat.

In my opinion, my role as a mod now is more about being an assistant/aide/helper. In instances where it is clear the model is unable to respond (she might be in the throes of passion for example) I will step in and answer any common questions that might be asked - but generally I leave this to the model to deal with. They often will ask me to "remind" them of something later (to change something in a notice, they need more oil perhaps, to contact a user about XYZ etc), or when they put on a game show (for example) have me track the scores etc so they can focus more on the show than the housekeeping side of things. If I see they are struggling to keep a track of whats happening (like if someone uses the dice roller alot and they can't track the 'prizes'), I will help prompt to remind them of anything outstanding that needs to be done.

For both of the models I act as a Moderator for, I have never, nor would ever ask for "freebies" or any special attention for the assistance that I freely offer and continue to provide. In fact I have suggested more than once to both, that I should step aside as their Mod explaining that I could still do many of the tasks I help them as a 'normal' user in their rooms and that their bots can handle the spam and use the word filters to block the bad words, but both Models have asked me to continue being a Moderator.

For reference, I thrive on helping people. I work in a highly visible customer service position and I feel rewarded when I know I help people.

I continue to enjoy the Model's shows for the two rooms that I Moderate in and would happily continue to be part of their rooms even if they did choose to remove my Moderator status. I am still a regular contributor to their goals and the show (tipping) and this wouldn't change.

I do struggle with this forum when I see many models decrying the evil that is a mod and making comments about "Mods are bad, cast them down as creatures from the pit as they seek only to get an advantage from you". I understand that there are people out there who have used and abused the position for their own gain to the detriment of the model. Perhaps some may see me also doing the same? Perhaps its just my ego speaking but I hope that I am a good mod now and that there are others out there that are also good.

But what do I think makes a good mod? Someone who helps moderate a room without the people realising you are a moderator but when the need arises, stepping in to silence as needed and to provide some support to the Model. A good mod is someone the model wants to be a mod, someone they have some level of trust in, while not being someone who actually asks to be one and still being someone who can be impartial but fair.

Just my 5 tokens.

My mods have two jobs. Don’t ask people to tip and don’t silence anyone. I have a bad memory so when I meet someone cool in chat room I’ll mod them so I don’t forget their name when they return. Until I know their name. Some stick with red name others don’t. I basically mod friends

Why not just click their name, add a note for their account so you don't forget them? You can see when you have added a note to someone's name because it shows an icon at the front of their name in the chat and user list, which means you can easily identify those who you like and friended?

I would say
-Someone that expressed that he wants to be a mod, but without being insistant about it
-I usually choose amongst my less wealthy members, often formers greys that bought tokens for me, but that can't tip me consistenly, it's more important for them to have a red nick, then for those who are always purple.
-Those who spend the whole stream in my room on a regular basis.
-Those who have a normal behaviour. not possesive, not conflictual with other members.

It's a rare set of traits for a viewers, so I don't use mods anymore, lol.

I don't have mods on MFC. When I was on CB I did, but that is because I let people without tokens chat. Lots of spam. I chose my mod there as the guy who had been watching me everyday since my first show. Best part was that he was a "gray" (no tks) and some of the mod-hopefuls got upset. Truthfully I just trusted the guy. Which is great, cuz it's 2 years later and he's still with me and even switched sites from CB to MFC for me. If I ever needed a room helper, it would be him. I have made him room helper for haul shows where I'm super busy and need help changing the room topic. That's IT though. No other use! Lol

Happy Birthday!!! 🎂

Models, I'm curious about how you pick your Mods.
A little background as to why:
I've been a regular and generous tipper in a model's room for about a year. Back in January, without any discussion, she made me a mod. I asked why, and she said she wanted me to help her so she could focus on the show itself.
To be honest, I wasn't keen (I have other priorities when I'm in the room) but I agreed to give it a go. It's been good, and while I am more occupied and find it less enjoyable being a mod than just another viewer, I'm glad if I can help out so continue to keep doing it.
Lately though, she has started making many others mods too, often guys who have never ever tipped her a single token, and who often make demands and try to direct the show.

Thanks so much for any insight!
Rod
I thinik yummybrownfox pretty much has it down. I usually NEVER ask ppl to moderate the room cause as yummy puts it, it usually turns into "Fuckery" or just dumb ass topics that don't even sound like my own voice. Now, if I wanted somebody as a mod, I would kindly ask them first and if they were uncomfortable w/this position I MOST DEFINIITELY would say ok, then let's just have some fun as is (every guy has diff reasons for going in there, and if you just want to enjoy the model, the pressure of being a mod will take away your willingness to tip her I would think) When it comes to mods, I usually mod myself--I have one friend from YEARS AGO, who is NOT a creep, NEVER demanded anything from me, and I think I let him post me in the loiunge or talk to other members about me but that's pretty much it.
Mods are OK, but it's unnecessary (many guys run away from "hey tip her" if it's too much) and if you do have a mod, probably keeping it to one person is the best thing to do, cus like yummy said we can run our own rooms and too much of that "tip her tip her" stuff drives ppl away.
I would just be honest with her and tell her that you don't want to do this anymore....
Love,
Aries

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Love the OZ reference and if the happy bday is for me well thank you! feels weird after 4 teeth get pulled but thank yoU!~

Thanks! It's one of my favorite shows. At the time of that post I was telling @MissCJ happy birthday, but wishing you a happy birthday as well! 🎂

• Hugs
Reactions: SensualAries
Thanks! It's one of my favorite shows. At the time of that post I was telling @MissCJ happy birthday, but wishing you a happy birthday as well! 🎂
yeah it was one of my fav HBO shows when I see the white supremacist guy selling insurance I'm always like DONT BUY INSURANCE FROM THAT DUDE HELL SODOMIZE YOU! LOL i'm hooked on the walking dead lately, also really loved the 12 monkeys show but yeah Oz was one of the first really great hbo miniseries not sure who my fav character was but the dude in the wheelchair was cool

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
One of my model friends made me a mod without discussing it first. Not a fan of being a mod and I wish I could un-mod myself. I asked her to remove me as a mod and she said no!! She has one other regular mod, who I think does a good job and tips to keep things happening. I am different, in that I tip most of my budget early in the month (kind of an unspoken agreement with my model friends), so spend half of the month without tokens. Some of my model friends I just chat with offline when I am tokenless. But others (including this one), ask me to keep coming to their room, even though there will be no tips or private shows.

What that means is that she has one mod doing mod stuff and tipping, and one mod (me) silencing the spam comments and not tipping. I think it looks bad, which is one reason I hate being made mod. Other reason is that there are normally only about 20 members in the room and it is never busy. IMO she doesn't even need a mod. I could just stop going when I have no tokens, but then she says there is nobody to talk to. So can't win either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.