AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you decide when to log off/finish a shift?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDaughter

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 26, 2015
Los Angeles
Twitter Username
@gothcharlotte
Chaturbate Username
devildaughter
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/417059/CharlotteSartre/
I know some models only log off after x amount of hours, or making x amount of money, or just when they start feeling like doody.

In my experience (yours may vary of course) if I try not to worry about placement and just focus on reaching a dollar amount, I end up logging off in a much better mood than I would have otherwise, even if I spent like 8 hours on cam to reach my goal.

Reactions: MrSwoob
I log off when I need a break, usually after two or three hours. Sometimes I forget the break if there is a great flow of conversation. Sometimes it is really though to log off if there is regulars and people interested and asking or telling interesting stuff but that is when there is flow anyway so rule no. 1. I also log of if rl requires. I never try to think of my goal as it would kill me on the long run and you can not force it on some days anyway.

I log off when the chat is slow, I'm not overly worried about tokens if the chat is nice and fast, but slow talking days are enough to get me offline.

This is one of those things that depend 100% on the room's vibe. I never log off if I am making money or if I believe I can still extract more tokens out of the crowd. And the contrary is true too, I will log off of I feel the room is dead and there is no potential.

I think you develop the instinct to identify when to log off from experience.

I try as much as I can to only log off once I've made my hours goal...but sometimes if the vibe is off and I can tell that my money isn't going to increase etc then I bail early. Generally speaking though if the money is coming in then I'll stay on longer to maximize it.

Every day I start with a goal for minutes online as well as $. If I hit the $ goal I still try to stay on for the minutes goal. If I haven't hit the $ goal by the time my minutes are reached, I assess whether or not I think I can make any good progress or if I should just come back and try later, based on how the traffic has been the last hour or so, as well as how I feel. If I need a break, I take one. Three hours is about the most I can do sitting in front of the cam without at least a little break.

When I'm in Chaturbate I usually star with a goal and I try to reach it but sometimes I just get bored or not feeling the vibe so I just go to sleep thinking positive stuff like "tomorrow is going to be a much better day" -and sometimes it's just as shitty hahaha-
I feel much more comfortable in Streamate because I can get little breaks between long private shows!

I try to keep on my schedule. 3 to 5 hrs a day Mon-Fri no matter what. That's why I'm scared of MFC for the moment because if I don't get any money they low the camscore. I honestly don't know how I would do there because of the camscore. I try to deal with my sign in/out hours as much as my irl let me.

My goal right now is making regulars versus making a monetary amount, so I stay on as long as any of my friends' list is/are online. Tokens are good (and I charge for friend ads), but I know that those I form relationships with are more likely to tip later on. The only exception to this is if I am camming with someone else. Then we usually go for a set time, and stay on no matter what for that time.

For me, if the money's coming in, I'm staying parked, unless I've been on for quite a while and absolutely need a break. If my room's chat is getting slow, and I sense the tokens are drying up, I call it a night. I make it a point to never log off before i meet my nights goal though.

I think you develop the instinct to identify when to log off from experience.

This is so true.

I don't always log off if I am not making token goals. If the chat is fun and lots of members are involved, I will stay to give members more time to bond with one another, making your cam room regulars interactions stronger. Though there is no monetary value from this immediately, I have found it does pay off in other ways.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
This is something I've definitely been struggling with recently, so it's great to hear your approaches! To stay online through slow spells and make more tokens, or log off & make less but save your camscore... Recently I've been logging off after tips slow down cause working on getting my camscore up seems like a good long term approach to being on mfc... But then I'm online substantially less which also doesn't seem like it's doing me any favours :( Ugh.

(except during the slow days of summer when I am on a minimum of 4 hours) 6 hours, tues-sat, 8-2am. Period. If I am having a really busy night and guys are stacking up for pvts before I leave, I stay on a bit longer. I'm on SM, so camscores don't matter to me, just my paycheck and making sure my regs can find me. I've been on the same schedule for 4 years and it works out really well :)

I started about a month or so ago, and started out working overnight because that's when the house was free and empty. I would get on around 9 to 10pm and stay on usually until about 5am on busy nights.. Slower nights I would log off around 2 or 3am. Even if the tips, tokens, etc are starting to slow, but everyone is having a good time, I'll stay on. But usually it just suddenly dies off and the feeling of exhaustion has hit me lol :D

I typically only cam at night and so I get off once I am tired. If I make goal but I am not tired I will do the goal prize and then reset it, If it's slow I just start playing like mad libs or some thing entertaining to me with the few people that are there until it picks up. I like sexy mad libs, gather the states/ countries , would you rather, and 2 trues and a lie for games to play with people when there is no tippers. sometimes i'll give them a prize for playing with me too which normally attracts people who then tip =/

while I am on chaterbate and bonga my main fallowers are on stripchat so my cam score doesn't really bother me tho.

I have a low, medium and high goal for each day and for the week total. If it's a brutally slow night, I'll log off when I hit the bare minimum. If it's busy I'll stay on as long as I can take it!

I log off when I reach my goal, unless I am very tired or hurting (or the chat room is very fun!)

I'm still feeling it out. I've only been camming for less than a week, so it's tough to do. I've had sessions as long as 6 hours and as short as about 2 hours. I usually log off when I get tired (and a little discouraged - I made a thread about that one). I try to stay on as long as I can, though, because I realize that building relationships is SO super important!

• Hugs
Reactions: Kitcatt
I know some models only log off after x amount of hours, or making x amount of money, or just when they start feeling like doody.

In my experience (yours may vary of course) if I try not to worry about placement and just focus on reaching a dollar amount, I end up logging off in a much better mood than I would have otherwise, even if I spent like 8 hours on cam to reach my goal.

Usually when users aren't tipping me much anymore - that just means the night is done

When my hours are up! I'll often stay on longer. Only exception is when I've put in at least half of my day and the day has almost entirely been a silent one. I figure if I've talked to a wall for 3 hours the wall won't notice if I leave. But if there's any chance of saving the night without completely tanking my mood I try to. A cam day can turn around at any time without warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.