AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you get started as a webcam model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2015
I have met a few webcam models personally and always when I have asked them how they got started in the webcam industry they simply replied that they basically just googled for job openings and ended up getting one of the online webcam model jobs through that.

So I did some web research myself out of curiosity and ended up finding those interesting websites and articles:

So I would like to know. Did you get also started like that? Or are there any other ways to get started in the webcam modeling industry?

Good god no, that's exactly how girls end up in studios... Or worse!

I was a member of a money making forum for years, where people would post about whatever they were trying currently, like Avon, Jamie Oliver, Amazon reviews, at home sales etc, and did lots of different types of work at home jobs that way. The forum didn't allow any 'adult' related discussion but one day a thread popped up from a lady working as a webcam model on a Couple of different sites. The thread stayed open for about 8 hours GeForce it was spotted and closed. In that time is heard everything I needed to know haha! Although I signed up for both webcam sites that very night ur was a full month before I plucked up the courage to broadcast. I've fever looked back, and still now can't believe my luck in seeing that thread that day :) I searched fur YEARS to find a job like this!

Never ever follow those awful job ads in back pages though. Successful camsites do not advertise fur models. The ones advertising are studios - the 'pimps' of the webcam world who are looking for naive new girls whom they can take a % from and dictate when and how they work, or looking to make them sign up through their affiliate links.

I actually visited webcam sites and click on the bottom of them signed up directly with them. I found them based on being on adult webmaster boards of guys talking shop wanting to push traffic to certain websites.

Majority of the blogs there that talk about webcam modeling are studios trying to get traffic so they can set up models to work for them. It's the second way to get paid from promoting webcam sites. the first way to get paid from webcam sites is to join their affiliate programs.

I started in 2000 because I wanted to promote my music. I was a regular on Fark.com, and they had posted a link to the interesting thing called a "webcam portal". I had received a cam in the mail some months ago for doing a webcast interview, so I figured I'd set the thing up and sign up on this portal, and that'd drive traffic to raise money for recording an album.

Wellllll the camming became as much a thing as the music :)

Most of my early (2000-2008) camming was on camwhores.com. These were the 320x240px 30 sec refresh cam days*...

* I'm starting on a project exploring the old school style of webcam portals, web rings, and LiveJournals. If anyone is interested in participating or collaborating, please let me know!

I was a dancer, but after a few kids it became harder to leave home. I just googled "stripping online" and a new world was opened for me.

My late husband and I were chilling on the couch one fine summer's day, and he told me that he'd been watching webcam models sometimes while I was at work, and showed me a couple of his favorites. I was already interested in the subject, as I had seen an ad somewhere on the interwebs a couple years previously that was seeking out webcam models, but the application process required some ridiculous quantity of face and body pics, so I never got around to it. Since I'm not remotely straight, I enjoyed surfing the MFC and watching the lovely ladies broadcasting. I watched ladies on the front page, the back page, and in the middle to get an idea of what might and might not work, and to hear a little more about the elusive camscore.

Well, as I was contemplating taking the plunge, my husband happened across an OfficeMax giftcard on his way home from the store one day. It had a good $70-something on it, enough to buy a webcam for me and an ergonomic keyboard for him. He took a couple photos for use as application pictures, and voila. A cam model I became.

Later, I caught wind of this lovely forum, signed up on it, and learned about sites with the potential to work better for me than MFC, and sites and resources for selling videos.

I was a fetish model, who began doing Skype shows for people who enjoyed my work. It didn't really occur to me to work on any big site though, I thought cam girls were professionals/working in studios etc. I tried signing up for MFC and barely used it, I was so scared. About a year later after I was medically discharged from the last vanilla job I've had, and I got into chaturbate. I had a blast, making more money then I ever had. It's been an up and down journey since! I'm glad I discovered ACF when I did.

I was in search of way to make extra money from home and came across an ad for myfreecams.com and jumped on it!

I did a Google search, and wound up signing up for studios. I thought SexyJobs.com was like the best thing ever with all the job listings they had. Lol. Ladies, do yourselves a favor, and always sign up on the cam site DIRECTLY. Don't sign up from any ad you find on SexyJobs, Craigslist, etc. I signed up with a MyFreeCams studio, a Streamate studio, and a Webcams.com studio (the Webcams studio never paid me what I was owed). Smh.

Let's hope that many of the new girls who do the Google searches find this forum BEFORE they find the ads on SexyJobs, Craigslist, etc. (which has nothing but links to studios). Don't want them to end up in that dreaded InternetModeling (a Streamate studio) one-year contract. *shudders*

Good god no, that's exactly how girls end up in studios... Or worse!

I was a member of a money making forum for years, where people would post about whatever they were trying currently, like Avon, Jamie Oliver, Amazon reviews, at home sales etc, and did lots of different types of work at home jobs that way. The forum didn't allow any 'adult' related discussion but one day a thread popped up from a lady working as a webcam model on a Couple of different sites. The thread stayed open for about 8 hours GeForce it was spotted and closed. In that time is heard everything I needed to know haha! Although I signed up for both webcam sites that very night ur was a full month before I plucked up the courage to broadcast. I've fever looked back, and still now can't believe my luck in seeing that thread that day :) I searched fur YEARS to find a job like this!

Never ever follow those awful job ads in back pages though. Successful camsites do not advertise fur models. The ones advertising are studios - the 'pimps' of the webcam world who are looking for naive new girls whom they can take a % from and dictate when and how they work, or looking to make them sign up through their affiliate links.
It's like reading my own speech to text! LOL!

Great advice though! NEVER join those shitty CL ads. They are pimps and they take a % of your money and offer very little in return. Sign up as an independent on MFC or Streamate, and get verified model status here, and we will help you achieve success! I swear ACF is the best resource for new girls and it's totally free, and friendly. I've NEVER seen a new girl ask a question without getting a friendly answer. Even if it's a question we've heard a thousand times! :)

Great advice though! NEVER join those shitty CL ads. They are pimps and they take a % of your money and offer very little in return. Sign up as an independent on MFC or Streamate, and get verified model status here, and we will help you achieve success! I swear ACF is the best resource for new girls and it's totally free, and friendly. I've NEVER seen a new girl ask a question without getting a friendly answer. Even if it's a question we've heard a thousand times! :)

Totally! This exactly.

I wasn't so diligent/lucky to find the forum here before I signed up on a site but I'm so so SO glad I at least did enough research to not get sucked into a swindle.

In the beginning of last year I found some ads for webcam sites that were probably such a scam I don't even remember the names anymore! Maybe they were affiliates or something but idk...I started to make accounts and then before I began, or even verified with my ID, my gut said "Research"! From there it was logic. (Traffic and % to me, mainly. Plus finding user reviews on both ends). And voila: MFC and SM. Went straight to both sites from the start.

Reactions: Jillybean and Gen

Hello may i ask? What it means ACF? Thanks! :)

it's an easy thing to fall for if you don't know myfreecams or any of the sites by name and just have a vague idea about webcams. Google "be a webcam model" or something similar the majority of the first sites that pop up are internet studios. They're easy to spot when you know what to look for, but for a newb you might not know there's a difference. I got lost down the rabbit hole several years ago trying to find legitimate working from home supplemental income. I learned webcam modelling was a thing, that it might possibly pay real money, and ended up signing up on one of the internet studios that popped up a few hours later.

I just now googled the original site I signed up knowing what it is and it still looks pretty convincing. You submit your photos to be "approved" but it's just them making an mfc account for you. The site is a little more dated looking now, but still not sketchy. What's funny is it's the studio is based in the UK so when I was first working on MFC I was showing up in the UK models section and had no idea haha. People kept asking me, and I was continually getting british people and I'm like dudes idk... america woo. I was referred to ACF by an mfc member months later. It was frustratingly slow for me after I ditched the studio and I was having a repeated conversation of something like "your camscore keeps going down" "dude I.. I don't even know what that means" and then I got directed here. hah. New model status wasted. Twiiice :bag::facepalm:

• Helpful!
  • Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Gen and ACFFAN69
My boyfriend told me about camming and how he thought I would enjoy it.
I googled "webcam sites" and MFC was the first one to pop up.

I was broadcasting two days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.