AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you handle receiving too many compliments or needy complimenting?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2023
I could not find a similar thread. On certain days my chat will just get LITTERED with compliments from super low tippers or non-tippers. The best compliment is obviously always a tip. It puts me into a tough position where I feel I only have a few options.

A) If I ignore the compliment it looks arrogant or makes me seem angry/dismissive/etc
B) If I deflect it that degrades the atmosphere of my show and my image as a cam model because now I'm explaining myself
C part 1) If I thank them then it sets the precedent that anyone can just type a compliment and I'm going to thank them, which makes it happen more often. Plus it devalues the cammer.
C part 2) A tipper isn't going to be too happy when they just spent money on me and now I'm thanking some person for absolutely nothing except diddling their fingers

99.99% of the time, people not tipping shoveling out compliments without tipping well are just looking for validation. They want to feel 'powerful' because not only did their compliment (which is a form of judgment imo) get the cammer to speak or type to them, but it makes them feel like their opinion matters. Which in transfer lowers the 'stage presence' of the cammer. I've watched this happen to other cammers many many times, where they have a show going, and then a compliment train happens from non tippers, they acknowledge it, and their entire show dies and the atmosphere and momentum is lost.

These people usually leave regardless of being thanked or not, so right now I usually ignore them completely and then eventually silence them after they leave to clear the chat. If the people complimenting are regulars I will usually say something light hearted about 'that's a LOT of compliments' and then change the subject "Be right back guys, grabbing a little water".

Does anyone have any other tricks?

A) If I ignore the compliment it looks arrogant or makes me seem angry/dismissive/etc

I do compliment sometimes, but only when tipping and then 90% of the time in tipnotes. From my admittedly narrow view as a viewer, a model ignoring compliments is kind of cool. It shows that this model is above cheap attempts to impress her. That can make her all the more interesting because it shows that she knows how awesome she is. So the question is, what group of viewers would find you arrogant? I think it is the group you shouldn't care about. <- always just my own perception, can differ a lot for other viewers of course.

I ignore them. Then type into chat "let's hit this goal guys!"

You can also very briefly, if on Chaturbate, turn off chat to anyone who has never tipped you. It sends the freeloaders scattering and shows the room you mean business.

Edit: Regardless of ban or silence, anyone who refreshes the room can see what was said up to a certain number of lines in chat.

I awknowledge them, and use them as a Segway to engage in further chat, with the goal of using that chat to help them, make (what I see as) the inevitable decision to take me private or exclusive . I don’t really work token sites though, so very different.

I’m on mfc but I work it like it was a private site, when I’m on. After further attempts to find out what they need, it’s really easy to determine who’s serious and who’s not. Then I use block or kick button. On private sites a lot of the compliments do lead to shows, and are just conversation openers. Probably 100% different from token sites though. I’ve tried both ways of handling this (engaging or ignoring), and engaging leads to increased sales for me. But, again, I can’t stress this enough I am more of a private show based model. I rarely do group shows, but I do live cam most days of the week, most weeks. So I’ve had a lot of time to experiment around with it.

That approach (above) is for when it’s quiet, and nothing else is going on though. When I have active tipping and tip trains going on, I complete ignore anyone who speaks up, but isn’t part of the group actively tip bombing me, and the interactive toy. They can take themselves out, and do, when I’m busy with paying, decisive Members.

Last edited:
As a member, I see varying approaches to this from room to room. Sometimes I can see two models taking total opposite approaches on this topic and both appear to do well. Maybe it’s an individual thing?

In one room where I am a years-long regular tipper, the model is very active when it comes to greeting token-holding members in a friendly way, unprompted. Personally, it’s one of the things that makes me keep returning to her room and tipping. I know I’m welcome there and I know at bare minimum, I’m not being treated as beneath anyone (model included).

She ignores grays unless they comment in chat… if they do, she begins by politely pointing them to tip menu items. After maybe the third post, she starts ignoring them. If that makes them get belligerent, she kicks them.

On the other hand, I’ve also seen plenty of successful (as far as I could tell) rooms where the model keeps the members firmly under foot, so to speak. I guess some tippers enjoy that.

I have met different reactions from different girls really if giving a compliment, though will always be as a tip note at some point..
I think the girl I talk most to, very clearly just stated to me the first day I was in her room, that she actually feels uncomfortable with many compliments.. (I think she says thank you to a few people for their first compliment in public char though still, and then try to line that into a tip :p )
I DO however see very much what you mean, because one other girl I talk to, she will reply to EVERYONE, and it does indeed seem to slow down her shows, I had never realized this before thinking about it reading this thread.. might be worth telling her how you guys deal with this overflow of compliments from non tippers :p Sooo I guess thank you for not putting this in a model only part of the forums..

I visit and support a top 10-20 model on SC and one of the things that impresses me is that she is great about thanking tippers, even those who make smaller tips while others are throwing her 1000 tkn tips (clearly the big tippers are getting bigger reactions though). Honestly, I imagine it is one reason she does so well - every tipper feels special for at least a moment.

That said, she doesn’t really acknowledge non tipper compliments. What I have seen is if you acknowledge them it is like putting out tuna fish for a stray cat - they just keep coming back and making themselves more comfortable. I have seen a lot of models say or type “thanks” and it sets off a spam fest in the public chat.

It is absurd for any member to actually expect a model say thank you after every single compliment he posts in the chat. And that goes for the back to back small tips too (We’ve discussed this before on here too). If a member is doing a yellow wall of 5 token tips, it’s perfectly fine to say thank you once…and space out your thank you’s…continue smiling as he continues tipping…and one final “Awww, thank you, _____!” when he’s done.

But posting back to back compliments that look like this:
“Pretty eyes, bb.
*Model thanks him*
“Nice hair.”
*Model thanks him.*
“Great smile.”
*Model thanks him.*
“Cool background.”
*Model thanks him.*
“Nice ass…”

is obnoxious as hell, and that person needs to learn how to make chitchat that doesn’t involve rapidfire compliments. Lol. I’ve had the occasional member do this, and I would smile and politely say “Okay, _____. Talk to me. Let’s have a conversation, instead of you just kissing my ass. :p Did you do anything fun over the weekend?”

For members…if talking isn’t your thing, you can still just say hi and tip the model something (or use tip notes if there’s something you want to say to her, but don’t wanna say it in front of the other members)…or ask to take her private (and in private you don’t have to talk much). Or just log out and watch her In guest mode, if you don’t feel like interacting with her at all.

Have tip menu items for the most common things you get complimented on. The room I mainly visit has items for:
'I like the eyes'
'I like the smile'
'I like the vibe'
'I like you'
Then you can point out that you have a tip menu item for the compliment.

C part 2) A tipper isn't going to be too happy when they just spent money on me and now I'm thanking some person for absolutely nothing except diddling their fingers
Not if you interrupt any action he might have tipped for, but if he just wants your undivided attention in chat you should encourage him to take you private

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
When someone compliments I just say "I know, right?"

But if they're doing it too much just for free attention, just ignore it
I do the same. After the third compliment i start pushing them to tip me.

"Tipping is the best way to compliment me"
Or
"The first three compliments are free. The rest must be followed with a tip for me to take you seriously."

Idk telling dudes their time is up like a collect call somehow gets them to tip me... sometimes. Or it gets them to leave.

I'm not fond of compliments about my appearance in the first place. "Congrats on your face" doesn't really make me feel any kind of way, because I didn't have much to do with how I look. So I might say thanks the first time, if I'm in a good mood. Otherwise they're getting "credit goes to my genetics" or (grumpier) "I know". I always prefer to give and receive compliments when they're about something the receiver controls. Something more like "I like your shirt" or "you play cool music". Those are also generally something I can start a little conversation about--"green is my favourite colour" or "I saw them live last month". I don't know what to do with the other sort. After two or three comments about my appearance I'll probably try to redirect to a private ("if you want to see more of _____, you can...") or else say something like "but are my eyes pretty enough to tip for?"

I could not find a similar thread. On certain days my chat will just get LITTERED with compliments from super low tippers or non-tippers. The best compliment is obviously always a tip. It puts me into a tough position where I feel I only have a few options.

B) If I deflect it that degrades the atmosphere of my show and my image as a cam model because now I'm explaining myself
C part 1) If I thank them then it sets the precedent that anyone can just type a compliment and I'm going to thank them, which makes it happen more often. Plus it devalues the cammer.

99.99% of the time, people not tipping shoveling out compliments without tipping well are just looking for validation. They want to feel 'powerful' because not only did their compliment (which is a form of judgment imo) get the cammer to speak or type to them, but it makes them feel like their opinion matters. Which in transfer lowers the 'stage presence' of the cammer. I've watched this happen to other cammers many many times, where they have a show going, and then a compliment train happens from non tippers, they acknowledge it, and their entire show dies and the atmosphere and momentum is lost.

These people usually leave regardless of being thanked or not, so right now I usually ignore them completely and then eventually silence them after they leave to clear the chat. If the people complimenting are regulars I will usually say something light hearted about 'that's a LOT of compliments' and then change the subject "Be right back guys, grabbing a little water".

Id play around with "Thanks guys!" after every few and see if it gets people to stop expecting so much one on one attention.

Sounds like your room has a bunch of energy vampires. I'd consider biting the bullet and let them think you're a little arrogant sometimes so as to save your sanity.

You will feel better, and you might cultivate a following that respects you more? This is all stuff I have personally enacted and it has worked for me, though we could have different business models.

If you want to maintain a 'nice girl' image thank the room collectively, and make a cute joke about how compliments in tip notes are the best ones! Then when you do get tippers complimenting you make a SHOW of how much attention you give them. Make the cheap bastards see the attention that tipping gets and how it makes you light up!

'Too many' depends on the context and situation. If a member visits regularly, compliments regularly but never tips nor spends I will bring up this fact. Some have been overly gushy, say they really like the specific item I'm wearing it fits with their fetish. I will eventually call this out.

If accompanied by tips I thank and enjoy 😊

Reactions: melanieoncam
Status
Not open for further replies.