AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How in the world

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2017
as a married woman can I hide this income from my husband if we planned to file together next year? I'd rather not but we were penalized for married filing separate last year and since I started camming off and on in January, I have money I will owe taxes on. Any ideas? Also was gonna change my cam girl name, get a wig, possible mask and continue. I'm having trouble getting a real job. My husband won't let me do this. :(

as a married woman can I hide this income from my husband if we planned to file together next year? I'd rather not but we were penalized for married filing separate last year and since I started camming off and on in January, I have money I will owe taxes on. Any ideas? Also was gonna change my cam girl name, get a wig, possible mask and continue. I'm having trouble getting a real job. My husband won't let me do this. :(
Do not hide this from your husband or the government. If you are questioning whether or not you should do it because of those reasons then it is of your best interest to not do it. If you do end up doing it then tell your husband and pay your taxes.

You can not hide it from him if you're filing together. There's no way to unless you do the taxes and he never sees them. That's not wise though and neither is hiding this from him. He deserves to know as your partner and spouse. It's a discussion you two need to have. I do suggest approaching it in an open and honest way. Hiding it for months already isn't good, but you have to try. How you present it to him can make all the difference.

Sit down and discuss this with him. He might not like it. But, you need to do this out of respect to him as your husband. This is not something you want to hide from him, and the sooner you explain it, the better. You can't hide this from him, nor the gov't if you are filing together.

I can tell you from firsthand experience that my then wife did some very shady things with her job and finances over the course of three years that caused problems between us and was one of the key issues that led to our divorce. May not be what you want to hear. But, because of her decisions, and actions, it had very serious repercussions.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Finances is one of the main causes of couples splitting up. He may have valid reasons for not wanting you to cam, or silly ones, but an open discussion where he gets his say is the only way to do this. Maybe if he knows you're protecting yourself as best you can while doing it may help. Or that you see it as a job only if he's slightly insecure on that. Or maybe he's just not comfortable with it entirely and you will have to decide what to do then. You're going to have to expect for him to be upset if he's expressed not wanting you to do it and you going behind his back for 8 months at minimum. Seriously though you have to have this conversation like it or not. This isn't something you should hide and he doesn't deserve to have it hidden from him.

There is a lot to unpack in that short post. I'm actually surprised no one has pointed out your use of "real" job. Guess they were just being nice. Do you receive actual money for a service? Yeah? That's real. Wanna say"socially acceptable" job. I'll buy that.

You have much bigger issues than how to file your taxes. Sorry, this was not helpful.

Also don't take offense the the word whore. It is what he called me when I ask him to be allowed to cam as a job. I don't think you guys are whores of course. I also wouldn't hide this from the government. I'm going to talk to my tax guy tomorrow. My husband and I keep almost splitting over me losing my stressful salary job. The relief would be that I can just live a less stressful life and cam part time. I'm 41. Can't do it forever I guess but, I'd rather have a husband that loves me unconditionally which he doesn't for dumping me after losing my job. Time will tell ladies ... thank you.

Hey ladies. No disrespect meant for using the words real job. I say that because to me it's in the REAL world where I have to go out and be a serious professional with big responsibilities. For years I was able to support my kids graphic designing from home and after my divorce I went back into nursing. Things is I remarried. I know it seems bad but, I get more from camming than I can explain here. I also have unmet needs that I meet camming. Issues with abuse and control. So new hubby told me in January get the money I owe him and he didn't care how. So I had him it right away. He knew I had done PSO work after I left my kids dad and didn't care but no matter how I try to explain cam work, it's a no every time. He doesn't know that I already did it. To pay him back, supplement my income, and have sexual freedom. I love him but he was cruel to me for losing my job and I had figured we were through.. after all he had dumped me. I'm trying to work it out. At my age with neck and back problems and having breakdowns from high stress RN jobs..., I just love the freedom of camming. Never have real orgasms from it but he says his wife isn't allowed to be a WHORE. I can't change his mind. I guess time will tell. I will call my tax guy tomorrow and see if I can file now for what I made and pay it. And...Have it be kept private when we file joint for 2017 for the jobs we had. Maybe I can do the self employment separate. I'll look into it. Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: itsDaphne

Ditch the husband?

Yeah, your husband sounds like an asshole. I was thinking that when I read your first post (he won't 'let' you have a job of your choosing???) but after reading that last one, no. Frankly he sounds abusive. He wants you to pay him back by any means possible but doesn't support you through a rough time losing your job, on top of saying he doesn't want you to be a 'whore' for camming and doing something you like?
Nope, nope, nope. Maybe it's because I'm sick and grumpy right now, but he sounds like he has no respect for you, women, or your relationship. If he can't even discuss camming with you like a reasonable person who respects your choices, then wtf are you doing with this guy?

my heart aches for you. if it was me, i would leave him. he sounds possessive and controlling af. i feel like you kinda already know what you have to do. what is best for you and your family? no offense taken if you are only camming until you can get back in vanilla-work. i think that's what you mean by real. people sometimes take jobs outside of their regular profession to make ends meet until they can get back. sexwork has been a transition period for a lot of people.

i wish you all the best. and if you ever need to vent to people who will be incredibly nonjudgmental to your situation, we will gladly listen and give support. i gotta say, this group is pretty great at it. :h:

Also don't take offense the the word whore. It is what he called me when I ask him to be allowed to cam as a job. I don't think you guys are whores of course. I also wouldn't hide this from the government. I'm going to talk to my tax guy tomorrow. My husband and I keep almost splitting over me losing my stressful salary job. The relief would be that I can just live a less stressful life and cam part time. I'm 41. Can't do it forever I guess but, I'd rather have a husband that loves me unconditionally which he doesn't for dumping me after losing my job. Time will tell ladies ... thank you.

Given these two latest posts of yours, I would seriously consider moving on without him. Don't wait for him to do it. He's abusive, manipulative, etc. A spouse/partner/SO doesn't play the "Pay me back however, just get me it" way if they care. They'd be supportive and encouraging in you finding a job. Even if it's something they don't necessarily agree with, so long as it's safe. Money, if it's separated, then they'd be understanding that you'll pay him back whenever you can. Or, they'd just forgive it.

So sorry to hear about this being troubled for you. Hope you have a positive outcome in all of this.

Oh, and 41 isn't a big deal at all. I know many women whom are well into their 50's, and some in their early 60's whom are damn good looking.

Thank you ladies. I love camming. I will probably hav to give it up. Does anyone know of a cam girl site that takes out taxes so that you get a w2 back an not a 1099?

Thank you ladies. I love camming. I will probably hav to give it up. Does anyone know of a cam girl site that takes out taxes so that you get a w2 back an not a 1099?

It does not exist. We aren't employees, we are independent contractors, and therefore we receive 1099's.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Nikola Tesla
No, that's not a thing. If you get a W2, it's because you're an employee. If a cam site gave you a W2, they would also be responsible for things like paying part of your social security and medicare taxes, paying unemployment insurance, making sure you have a safe workplace, and giving you benefits if you worked enough hours. There is no cam site that would do that. Uber has probably spent a mind-boggling sum of money fighting in court to avoid classifying its workers as "employees" because it's so much more expensive and troublesome to have employees than to have contractors.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Reading this thread made me super sad. Paintedtears, I wish you the best. He sounds awful.

Nothing helpful to add beyond what's been said already - I hope the call with your tax guy went well.

None do that I know of as others have said, and even if they did a w2 would not help you hide the fact that you are camming so what would be the point? You'd still have to report the income and put in the amount of tax you paid in because a copy gets sent directly to the IRS too.

He doesn't sound like he is worth giving up something you love to do that can make you tons of money and make it so you can completely support yourself. Of course, he probably knows that you could make enough money to leave him and like most abusive men he is going to call you a whore and whatever else he thinks can keep you from being able to leave him.

I hope you get sick of being treated that way and give up him instead of giving up camming. I know it's difficult to leave but it's a great feeling to have that ton of bricks lifted off your back. It's hard to realize while you are in the middle of it. You don't realize how bad it is until you are looking back at it.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.