AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How much caffeine in a day?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 cup a day.
Caffeine REDUCES my headaches (not always, though).

I really love coffee but I can live without it.
I never drink coffee during my days off. Feeling just fine.

I think it's about control.
If something gets out of your control, you have to reevaluate your situation and probably refuse from that thing.

I'd refuse from caffeine immediately if I noticed there are some health issues coming.
I'm not ready to get sick just for the sake of coffee. No way.

Caffeine is good until it isn't.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
One of the reasons why caffeine can have little to no effect on some people, or can even "slow them down" or make them sleepy, is some fun brain chemistry! People with ADHD process stimulants differently, they help us focus and manage our energy levels. Many ADHD medications contain amphetamines, which is why people claiming that mis-diagnosing schoolchildren with ADHD and medicating them "turns them into zombies" makes me laugh. You give Adderall to a kid who doesn't have ADHD, and they'll be bouncing off the walls like they just had a 2-liter of Mountain Dew and half a birthday cake.

Back to my original point, caffeine isn't as strong of a stimulant as Adderall or Ritalin, nor is it specifically formulated like they are, but it can have a similar, though less strong, effect on someone with ADHD. Nicotine can also have a similar effect. If I get to my office job and realize that I forgot my Adderall, I'll slam a Rockstar or a Starbucks Doubleshot, then grab another around lunch, and I can make do with that burst of stimulant for a day.

I'll wrap this up by saying that if you find that caffeine has an "opposite" effect on you from the typical, I'm certainly not saying that you NEED medication. It's not necessary for everyone, as many people develop coping skills to manage their symptoms, and/or use caffeine or nicotine to help. Finding the right one for you can be frustrating - I spent a decade trying different ones until we finally found one that didn't give me awful side effects.

Fortunately, my boyfriend showed me some Youtube vids about coffee addiction and how there's A LOT of marketing about the benefits of coffee but there's no word about it's bad effects.. It's probably one of the top traded products in the world so it makes sense that a lot of money are used to promote it.
I enjoyed a cup of coffee from time to time when I was in highschool but last year I started drinking 1 cup daily... then 2 cups.. then 3 stronger cups etc. you get the point.

I'm completely off coffee since last month and really proud and happy that I could do it!

I was bad today and had a 5 hour energy (215mg of caffeine)
Was a long day at work and was a nice pick me up since I only had about 2 hours of sleep :(

Before that the last time I had any caffeine beverages was around 6 weeks ago.

• Hugs
I think if a person (like myself) has a propensity for anxiety or addiction, or both, a lot of caffiene is not a great think. Others seem to handle it just fine. I think it varies by person. @Finchomatic the solution to polution is dilution. Hope you are not up all night. One time I had a 6 shot Dutch bros, and was up until the sun came up. Water will help, or you can get bad stomach cramps.

I think if a person (like myself) has a propensity for anxiety or addiction, or both, a lot of caffiene is not a great think. Others seem to handle it just fine. I think it varies by person. @Finchomatic the solution to polution is dilution. Hope you are not up all night. One time I had a 6 shot Dutch bros, and was up until the sun came up. Water will help, or you can get bad stomach cramps.

Not up all night, just was at work until 11pm. Then had to be back at 5am. I'm not one of those people that can instantly fall asleep when they get home. Can't wait for the current projects to be over so things can get back into normal routine.

Not up all night, just was at work until 11pm. Then had to be back at 5am. I'm not one of those people that can instantly fall asleep when they get home. Can't wait for the current projects to be over so things can get back into normal routine.
You are not the only one working like that, although it's like constant crunch time here.
Regarding coffee, I have two big mugs in the morning (for varying values of "morning"). After that I try to stay away from caffeine lest I start behaving like I'm on speed.
20 years ago I could gulp down coffee like there was no tomorrow, but those days are over. The bonus is that I don't walk around during weekends with a throbbing caffeine withdrawal headache.

You are not the only one working like that, although it's like constant crunch time here.
Regarding coffee, I have two big mugs in the morning (for varying values of "morning"). After that I try to stay away from caffeine lest I start behaving like I'm on speed.
20 years ago I could gulp down coffee like there was no tomorrow, but those days are over. The bonus is that I don't walk around during weekends with a throbbing caffeine withdrawal headache.
Why stop on the weekend? A lot of you on this thread talk about having it free at work, getting hooked, and then going through weekend withdrawals. I started by having free coffee at a job, but I never had any weekend withdrawals, because I never stopped on my days off. Obviously y'all have/ had, way better common sense than me! I used to go to this hippy shop (on my days off), and this cool hippy chick (who had the same issues as me, with caffeine) would sell me this stuff, which was the strongest the store had. It was nicknamed "cup of crack". LOL. At least I am dedicated to some things, I guess...

But yeah, I'm doing better. It affects my sleep and anxiety too much when I have more than about 200-300mg a day. But when I do, I always remember "the solution to pollution, is dilution". An old partying saying, from a tourist town I lived in for many years :)

On a normal morning with 5-6 hours of sleep before that I would just have 1 egg, 1 sausage a slice of toast a few glasses of water and I'm good for the next 6 hours.
There's more energy from food than there is in coffee or caffeine drinks (obviously) :D

@EliMarie717
I know exactly what you mean by "the solution to pollution, is dilution" . I drink 3-4 liters of water per day. More so if working outdoors. :)

I was thinking of this thread the last couple of days as I’ve had some green tea. I have a stove top/campfire style percolating coffee maker that holds nine cups. I put four bags in the strainer basket and let it go. A little stronger than I normally would have it since I typically have the teabag in my cup. But, no headaches or adverse effects.

Was first time for any caffeine in probably couple months at least IIRC

"the solution to pollution, is dilution"
Yes, only occasional coffee drinkers have problems with sleep caused by caffeine.
just like when you smoke, after few days of stop the first cigarette gets you drunk : )

Also a little word about dilution in another meaning, the 'color' of coffee or tea is not related to caffeine. Caffeine is very soluble in water and has no color.

Some think that Italian coffee (expresso ristretto) is very bad, being too strong and too rich, and think that they will never sleep. Then they have long coffees instead (Lungo, or French coffee)... But, in contrary, a ristretto is very poor in caffeine and a coffee almost as transparent as a tea can contain all the grain's caffeine.

For tea, caffeine gets in water very early when you prepare it. More you let tea infusing, more you'll have tannin that make it bitter, and tannin attenuate caffeine effects.

(I don't touch any 'energy drinks', so let's assume that what is written on the box concerning caffeine % is real ^^)

Yes, only occasional coffee drinkers have problems with sleep caused by caffeine.
just like when you smoke, after few days of stop the first cigarette gets you drunk : )

Also a little word about dilution in another meaning, the 'color' of coffee or tea is not related to caffeine. Caffeine is very soluble in water and has no color.

Some think that Italian coffee (expresso ristretto) is very bad, being too strong and too rich, and think that they will never sleep. Then they have long coffees instead (Lungo, or French coffee)... But, in contrary, a ristretto is very poor in caffeine and a coffee almost as transparent as a tea can contain all the grain's caffeine.

For tea, caffeine gets in water very early when you prepare it. More you let tea infusing, more you'll have tannin that make it bitter, and tannin attenuate caffeine effects.

(I don't touch any 'energy drinks', so let's assume that what is written on the box concerning caffeine % is real ^^)
So I think what you are saying, is that what we call dark roast here in the US, is actually less caffeine than a light roast or breakfast blend (that's what they call it in the US). I learned that a few years ago. I always assumed that dark roast had more caffeine, but it does not.

Caffeine has a half life too, and I am notorious for drinking it later in the day. My liver needs time to clear it properly, so it won't mess up sleep. I still fall asleep fine, but then I wake up 4 or 5 hours later, tired, but unable to sleep longer (I usually sleep a full 8-10 every night, or I am grumpy AF the next day). So for me, it has a lot to do with the half life, as well as the time of day I am drinking it. Days I drink more, I drink morning and afternoon. Days I drink less, I drink morning only. So that plays a role, as well as overall amount. Haha Science nerd alert.

What @ForceTen said is a good reminder for me. I am trying to drink more green teas, because it has l-theanine in it, and gives a less jittery buzz. I just can't stomach it without meals, or it makes me nauseous, so it's not as easy for me to grab as coffee. It is a lot healthier, in so many ways, according to my research though. I wish I was one of those people who could drink green tea on an empty or low food stomach, but I will start vomiting, so I gotta do a full meal with each cup. I am always "about to start drinking green tea tomorrow". Tomorrow just never quite comes.

Yeah, when I said the solution dilution thing, I meant chasers of water after the fact. Not dilution in the cup. Like if you consume too mach of a psychoactive drug or alcohol, it's good to drink a lot of water, to assist your body in clearing it faster. I think that's how it works anyways. I know when I drink alcohol, especially in large amounts, it's good to drink as much water before bed, and leave some by the bed, if possible. Helps w the next day. As well as B vitamins, and leaving some tylenol by the bed too :) The science of preempting a hangover, lol. I spent from age 20 to age 30 working on that one :)

So I think what you are saying, is that what we call dark roast here in the US, is actually less caffeine than a light roast or (that's what they call it in the US). I learned that a few years ago. I always assumed that dark roast had more caffeine, but it does not.
Exactly.
ofc with the same amount of coffee bean: more you put water, more you'll have caffeine from it, till you get all.

Caffeine has a half life too
yes, and the time your body needs to eliminate half of caffeine is not the same every day.

A bit related too, my former wife used to mix with a spoon the fresh made coffee so everybody had the same coffee :
Because, I discovered this lately, when you prepare a breakfast blend, the top and the bottom of the coffee maker don't have the same concentration.
So, maybe if you drink the whole day the same coffee made in the morning, you get the more caffeinated from the top and the less but darker from the bottom :/

Yeah, when I said the solution dilution thing, I meant chasers of water after the fact. Not dilution in the cup. Like if you consume too mach of a psychoactive drug or alcohol, it's good to drink a lot of water, to assist your body in clearing it faster.
Yes, I got it. And it does for caffeine and nicotine as well.
It's also the best way to get ride of the addiction to nicotine in very few days (only to nicotine itself, addiction to cigarette is much more complex...).
Concerning alcohol, it's lightly different (alcohol dehydrates a lot, and so on), but the effect is the same :)

• Helpful!
@EliMarie717 green tea was an acquired taste for me. The first few months of drinking it, I'd fill the cup with the tea bag in it. Then, after it sitting a couple of minutes, I'd lift it out then dunk again 2-3 times and put it aside. Over time, I got to the point where I'd normally just leave the bag in and drink it. I still can't really drink coffee as I think it's too bitter for me. But, even the strong green tea I've had the last couple of days has tasted good. If you're having an upset stomach from drinking it, might be the strength of it?

Reactions: DoD404
Why stop on the weekend? A lot of you on this thread talk about having it free at work, getting hooked, and then going through weekend withdrawals.

Haha! Well, the thing is that I don't stop drinking coffe during weekends. Two mugs Sat/Sun mornings as usual. But, now that I'm drinking way less coffee than before, weekend withdrawal symptoms are gone.

I started by having free coffee at a job, but I never had any weekend withdrawals, because I never stopped on my days off.

Exactly! It's the same thing I'm doing now, only with less volume compared to before 😉
We do have free coffee at the office, but I'm there only a few hours a week. If I was bound to an office chair there, I would probably drink way more coffee than I do.

yes, and the time your body needs to eliminate half of caffeine is not the same every day.

A bit related too, my former wife used to mix with a spoon the fresh made coffee so everybody had the same coffee :
Because, I discovered this lately, when you prepare a breakfast blend, the top and the bottom of the coffee maker don't have the same concentration.
So, maybe if you drink the whole day the same coffee made in the morning, you get the more caffeinated from the top and the less but darker from the bottom :/

Whoa interesting. I did not know either of these things. Thank you.

I have an espresso machine that I run ground breakfast blend through. I am a weirdo. It tastes really good! But it has come to my attention, that it is not good for the machine, to be running the coarse ground through it multiple times a day hehe.

@EliMarie717 green tea was an acquired taste for me. The first few months of drinking it, I'd fill the cup with the tea bag in it. Then, after it sitting a couple of minutes, I'd lift it out then dunk again 2-3 times and put it aside. Over time, I got to the point where I'd normally just leave the bag in and drink it. I still can't really drink coffee as I think it's too bitter for me. But, even the strong green tea I've had the last couple of days has tasted good. If you're having an upset stomach from drinking it, might be the strength of it?

Yeah it is a combo of brewing time, quality of green tea, and just a genetically sensitive stomach. Everyone on my Scottish side of the family, gets stomach ulcers really easy, and weird tummy upsets from foods like grapes, teas, coffees, and tomato sauces, and garlic. Thank God for the other Italian side of my genes, because those are all of my favorite foods! So it doesn't slow me down much. It's just uncomfy. I do find that over-brewed, cheap green tea, is particularly bad, and worse on my stomach. But even lightly brewed, expensive green tea, will cause me to retch repeatedly on an empty stomach, or stomach with only a snack in it.

Haha! Well, the thing is that I don't stop drinking coffe during weekends. Two mugs Sat/Sun mornings as usual. But, now that I'm drinking way less coffee than before, weekend withdrawal symptoms are gone.

You sound like fun! We would get along like a house on fire. Never a dull moment :)

🏎🏁

• Hugs
Reactions: CheeseMoon
You sound like fun! We would get along like a house on fire. Never a dull moment :)
At least as long as there were Frankenstein experiments to be done with coffee 😅
I always make my coffee with a drip btw, with very lightly roasted pre ground beans, then drunk as black as sin. Occasionally I drink black coffe with a very large splash of vodka in it. I blame my nothern Scandinavian colleagues for that. They made drinking it my rite of passage. And @DoD404 : don't even BEGIN to think of this as corretto. It's a tundra cocktail.

@EliMarie717 : sorry for the inappropriate hug thingamajig. Was the closest I got to a somewhat ironic hi five.

• Funny!
And @DoD404 : don't even BEGIN to think of this as corretto. It's a tundra cocktail.
haha I would not begin anything but as you starts... of course it is a café corretto, but only if you live in Italy :)
Personally, I separate beverages. Rum, Cognac or Calvados (or almost whatever) go *after* the coffee to clean up the cup still hot and have a warm digestive.

At least as long as there were Frankenstein experiments to be done with coffee 😅
I always make my coffee with a drip btw, with very lightly roasted pre ground beans, then drunk as black as sin. Occasionally I drink black coffe with a very large splash of vodka in it. I blame my nothern Scandinavian colleagues for that. They made drinking it my rite of passage. And @DoD404 : don't even BEGIN to think of this as corretto. It's a tundra cocktail.

@EliMarie717 : sorry for the inappropriate hug thingamajig. Was the closest I got to a somewhat ironic hi five.

I always take hug reactions, on this forum, as a positive thing. No worries. I appreciate them :) They are my fave reaction to get to anything I type in. It's all good.

Also BFKs all the way! ☕ (Coffee, Bailey's, French vanilla or Frangelico, Kahlua, Whiskey, and Cream). So yummy, totally worth a try!

• Hugs
Reactions: CheeseMoon
Also BFKs all the way! ☕ (Coffee, Bailey's, French vanilla or Frangelico, Kahlua, Whiskey, and Cream). So yummy, totally worth a try!
Sounds like something someone needs to trick me into drinking 😎 I even think I know the trick needing to be involved 😂

But thanks for the tip! Not really into Kahlua, Bailey's and the like, but at least I will know what the hell a BFK is when I'm buying a round!

I don't drink coffee, only black tea and even that not every day. I don't want to be dependent on caffeine for functioning because I've seen how it's ruining my friends lives and affecting their anxiety. :/

My caffeine habit started in an office. Then I had a laborious job with free coffee so I'd have at two a day for a couple years. Since quarantine I've decided the debilitating caffeine headaches just aren't worth it so I cut it out completely. Super tempting looking at my coffee maker every morning but I do feel much better with just hot lemon water.
I agree caffeine is a hell of a drug.
Yes the free coffee will get you every time! I kid you not when I was in the service industry I could get through 2 full pots in a night. Now I'm down to 2 a day most days. Potentially a third if starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew is calling out to me in the afternoon

• Helpful!
Yes the free coffee will get you every time! I kid you not when I was in the service industry I could get through 2 full pots in a night. Now I'm down to 2 a day most days. Potentially a third if starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew is calling out to me in the afternoon

I didnt last haha camming a bunch more and caffeine is now a regular part of my schedule 🤦‍♀️ starbucks is too good to pass up.

Does anyone have any at home tips for fun starbucks drinks like the matchas? I should check local markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.