AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to achieve ideal broadcast quality using a DSLR?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jan 29, 2021
How to achieve ideal broadcast quality using a DSLR? write how to connect? Do I need a video capture card? or canon webcam utility is enough

What model camera are you using? The webcam utility should be enough on supported cameras, though it seems like if you want to get 1080p and/or 60fps video you have to pay a monthly fee. In that case it might be cheaper to just buy a capture card.

Upvote 0
Was many topics about it but @Nigerian Prince is really helpful. Sory for tagging you all the time- but you are very good in this.:палец:
I can say that elgato camlink is very good,canon webcam i dont know. Which kind of DSLR you have?
I use a canon 5d mark4 with a good lens, I connect via the canon webcam utility, but seeing the pages of some models, I see that their quality is perfectly detailed, how to achieve maximum quality? which capture card should I buy? Name ? I bought AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable 2 Plus but returned it, the quality was better through the canon app! My question is how to achieve ideal quality and which capture card will give it?

Upvote 0
What model camera are you using? The webcam utility should be enough on supported cameras, though it seems like if you want to get 1080p and/or 60fps video you have to pay a monthly fee. In that case it might be cheaper to just buy a capture card.
I use a canon 5d mark4 with a good lens, I connect via the canon webcam utility, but seeing the pages of some models, I see that their quality is perfectly detailed, how to achieve maximum quality? which capture card should I buy? Name ? I bought AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable 2 Plus but returned it, the quality was better through the canon app! My question is how to achieve ideal quality and which capture card will give it?

Upvote 0

Be aware that the free version of the Canon Webcam Utility tops out at 720P, though with the good lens, it will probably still look better than a webcam. For 1080P, you will need to pay, or use a capture card and connect to HDMI on the 5D - it has clean HDMI out which is good. You'll also need a separate mic.

Upvote 0
If you're trying to broadcast in 4K on Chaturbate you have to have at least 100,000 followers.

Upvote 0
I use a canon 5d mark4 with a good lens, I connect via the canon webcam utility, but seeing the pages of some models, I see that their quality is perfectly detailed, how to achieve maximum quality?
I also have a Canon 5D Mark 4, amazing camera. I don't use the web cam functions though.
One thing I'd like to add that hasn't been mentioned, is your lighting. You could have the best camera with the best capture card but with bad lighting, it still won't look good.
Regular webcams can be a bit more forgiving of bad lighting but a DSLR will be more sensitive to lighting conditions. A good camera plus bad lighting will just give you a bad video output.

Reactions: rrrr777
Upvote 0
Being a photographer, this is a tough question. First, I am a Sony camera person so not aware of Canon and their abilities. There are many factors when seeing other models quality with a DSLR and camming. I would suggest spending time searching through YouTube tutorials first because writing here would be impossible. The computer, the lens, the lighting and where you put them angle wise to you and intensity, the settings on the camera, the size of your room, the site you broadcast, the software- OBS, etc. it is A LOT of stuff. There are things that are kind of like filters on Snapchat or Instagram that change colors. So, unfortunately a tough thing to answer. If I find a decent YouTube or website I will share it.

Upvote 0
I also have a Canon 5D Mark 4, amazing camera. I don't use the web cam functions though.
One thing I'd like to add that hasn't been mentioned, is your lighting. You could have the best camera with the best capture card but with bad lighting, it still won't look good.
Regular webcams can be a bit more forgiving of bad lighting but a DSLR will be more sensitive to lighting conditions. A good camera plus bad lighting will just give you a bad video output.
I would say it's the opposite. Webcams struggle significantly without a lot of light and can be a struggle to light for given the poor dynamic range. DSLR and mirrorless cameras on the other hand will perform better in low light and in a variety of other lighting conditions.

Upvote 0
Lighting can be compensated by the aperture of the lens, now I have f 2.7, but before I worked with f 1.4, you can work in low light with this technique, I was thinking about taking f 1.2 50mm canon, in my opinion it is ideal.

Upvote 0